Twilight Arbor Level 80 Path Walkthrough

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

I must admit this dungeon was fun. But offered a bit of challenge. Nothing that one hour and good players couldn’t conquer. We did have points where we had to stop and say wtf. But sometimes stopping and not ramming your face into a wall. Is what you needed to over come things.

The first boss is a Duo. Slick and Sparki
They’re a interesting pair. And in a way the fight is one big trick. The key to it is focus down sparky, ignore the ooze mob running around and avoid it. Use the ooze to suck up the oil Slick puts down. It sounds simple reading this here. But it takes a little getting used to it.

Second Boss Foreman Spur
Is actually easy compaired to the first guys. He has really one attack I seen that can kill you. It’s his whirlwind that literally sucks you in if you get too close. Other then that the rest of his moves aren’t even worth noting. Just avoid them it’s very apparent.

Final Boss Legendary Clock Heart
He was rather hard at first. Until we figured out to blow up the Striker mob on him. And that drops his defenses. Once that was figured out it was money in the bank. Things to watch out for is his spinning clockwork bombs. They land on the ground and stay there.If you sit near them it will slow you and cause damage.He has a ground slam it fires in a cone. Try to always be on his side to avoid it. If you have his aggro time your dodge to avoid it. It’s a one shot if you don’t. You can shield through it with guardians. Good thing we had like 5 of them lol……

If you don’t blow up strikers on him. And his buff hits 30 stacks. He does a multiple ground pound. That can kill a whole party if no heals are ready. Guardians can virtue while being hit and shield. I don’t know any other way through it beyond don’t let it happen. Or be topped off health and pray he doesn’t kill you. Once your used to his methods it’s just a matter of time before he falls.

After that you get a mini quest of sorts. To clear out the remaining aetherblades. Take down their recently made ships. And find 5 bonus chests of loot hidden. Nothing in the dungeon isn’t too hard 5 people can’t figure out. Hopefully if you get stuck on a boss this can help. Good luck with your dungeon see you in game.

(edited by Silentstorm.7531)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Killing slick first is easier. Kiting the ooze when slick is enraged can be difficult to keep up with all the puddles. Sparki when enraged isnt really much stronger than normal.

Silentstorm.7531

True I’ve run it a few times now. Each time people wanted to do it a different way. So mutliple ways to do things doesn’t hurt a fight. Kinda didn’t matter in the end. As long as everyone knows how to kite the ooze.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

This is a dumb dungeon.

1) Pugs don’t know what level they are and LFG tool doesn’t automatically filter them. We get lowbies in this dungeon who just go ??? WHAT IS LEVEL when you ask them to switch to a level 80 alt.

2) Pugs can’t do oozes. Last time I did it I had to kick like four different people who kept killing the ooze.

3) Pugs can’t do oozes. Last time I fought the duo it was going fine until one guy got the ooze aggro and panicked and ran clear to the far side of the arena and somehow died out there, taking the ooze with him and leaving us with like five stacks of burning oil.

Aaaaand I haven’t gotten any further than that. Anyone who isn’t kittened and wants to do this dungeon, look me up.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

This is a dumb dungeon.

1) Pugs don’t know what level they are and LFG tool doesn’t automatically filter them. We get lowbies in this dungeon who just go ??? WHAT IS LEVEL when you ask them to switch to a level 80 alt.

2) Pugs can’t do oozes. Last time I did it I had to kick like four different people who kept killing the ooze.

3) Pugs can’t do oozes. Last time I fought the duo it was going fine until one guy got the ooze aggro and panicked and ran clear to the far side of the arena and somehow died out there, taking the ooze with him and leaving us with like five stacks of burning oil.

Aaaaand I haven’t gotten any further than that. Anyone who isn’t kittened and wants to do this dungeon, look me up.

It’s shaping up to being one of those dungeons you do once in a while because you’re bored and it’s pretty meh. Not worth including in my everyday dungeon tour.

For pugs- They are too stupid to be able to do this, I think give it a month or so and this dungeon will be a ghost town. We get it A-Net, you want to force everyone to do living story crap, even when they try to get away from it in dungeons. We get it. Just stop. Stop.

Oh, and the new skins.. Ew. >:(

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

If you can, start the dungeon yourself. Due to the amt of coordination need, this is a rage-quitter’s heaven. And if someone else starts it, make sure he/she doesn’t have “something to attend to in the next 30mins”.

But yes, whenever possible run it with fixed group. I got a good pug group for the dungeon and completed it, ie. players who are willing to change skills, listen to different suggestions and follow advise (which are not even necessary correct). But it is just so risky to pug consistently.

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

I had fun till the last boss fight, then frustration waaay overpowered my fun levels.
We were doing with no guides or whatever, but man that end was just ugh.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Beat it with a pug without toooooo much trouble, besides two members regularly not listening.

The last fight was lols. Pug heaven.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The whole “Slick first” vs “Sparki first” is a weird debate.

Have you tried killing both at the same time? We did that, and it was pretty easy because neither is dangerous before the other one dies.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

blurred frenzy and mesmer distortion also can avoid Death on last boss full stack attack.

Also it has a range.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Silentstorm.7531

@Guanglai Kangyi

I’ll join you for one if you haven’t done it already. You just need a few guys to play half way decent. You can carry everyone else except on the trap parts. I liked the dungeon only problem is it’s really not noob friendly. So that means unless you get a known group together.

You will fail in the dungeon more then you will succeed. I’ve had people rage quit a few times. Saying it’s too hard etc…crying nerf. And that was on the “first boss”. Makes me face palm but I try to encourage guys in game. But not much you can do with quitters.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

what do I do when the team insists that there is little use kiting the ooze into the pools?

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

thanks for this, SS!

haven’t tried yet.. but most likely will try to find friends to go through this with. used to pugging dungeons but this one seems it’ll need more than.. usual. plus, don’t have the time (or partience? lol) to stroll through dungeons anymore hours on end. XDD

@Wukunlin – well, Wu, when people don’t listen you can.. you can… hmm. o_____O

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Skweak.7392

Skweak.7392

what do I do when the team insists that there is little use kiting the ooze into the pools?

Get a new team. :P

Silentstorm.7531

I mean if they don’t listen it’s unfortunate. Try it there way maybe it will work. But if you guys keep failing insist on kiting the ooze. If that fails you done all you can. That right there is a valid rage quit.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Skill clickers gonna skill click.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Rathore.9348

Rathore.9348

They probably gave up on kiting because they don’t know to play. So, as in all PUG groups, take control and be willing to demonstrate how to do things.

Take the pheromone yourself and kite the ooze yourself into pools.

The smart players will see, learn, and cooperate. If you are indeed stuck with a bunch of idiots who won’t “watch and learn” then just politely leave the group.

(edited by Rathore.9348)

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

They probably gave up on kiting because they don’t know to play. So, as in all PUG groups, take control and be willing to demonstrate how to do things.

Take the pheromone yourself and kite the ooze yourself into pools.

The smart players will see, learn, and cooperate. If you are indeed stuck with a bunch of idiots who won’t “watch and learn” then just politely leave the group.

wait, is there a way to control who gets the pheromone? (probably a stupid question but I’ve only been there once, and that was trying to help some folks who’s stuck in that spot for 7+ hours)

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: viciouspike.8624

viciouspike.8624

This dungeon isn’t even all that bad it shouldn’t take more than a few runs before anyone worthwhile to figure out how to get this done efficiently. The worst part for me was getting my group to kite the oozes to open the door.

Posted by: Rathore.9348

Rathore.9348

wait, is there a way to control who gets the pheromone?

There are pheromone plants around the edges of the boss room. Walk up to one and hit F!