Twilight arbour stacking fail

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ricohman.7302

ricohman.7302

Was doing TA story last night with a pug group and 3 of us were doing it for 1st time. Everything was running smoothly we killed everyting in our own way no co ordination needed. At the last boss someone suggested we stack in a corner and that i (thief) equip shortbow and hit the so called player with the grenade thingy when he was no where near boss wtf.

Anyway we tried it twice and failed twice, i said in chat anychance of doing this properly itstead of this stupid idea, i was asked “what stupid idea” to which i replied this stupid grenade idea. I was asked “why is it stupid” to which i replied "doh you have got us wiped twice.

So we tried it my way and cleared it easily, anyone else been asked to bomb a fellow pug instead of the actual boss, this seems idiotic to me. I would of understood if he was standing at boss but he wanted me to hit him before boss then stack.

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Do you know what a combofield is?

Posted by: ricohman.7302

ricohman.7302

Yes and it failed big time, one player wanted his combo field at the expense of the whole team. Moral of the story is dont listen to idiots.
The guy was giving a bit of abuse about you only have 1500AP but made himself look a prat when we done it how it should be done easily

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Moral of the story is dont listen to idiots.

This is actually a good advice.

Have a nice day.

(edited by Molch.2078)

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Do you know what a combofield is?

Yes and it failed big time, one player wanted his combo field at the expense of the whole team.

Lol. So no

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

I would of understood if he was standing at boss but he wanted me to hit him before boss then stack.

So I’m guessing you DON’T know what combos do assuming you also referred to engineers as ‘bomb guys’ and so it sounds like you’re angry/confused at someone for no reason while they were only making a passing remark.

I’ll grace you with a helpful observation and explanation since you made me laugh at how angsty and naive that post sounded.

What I gather from that scenario it sounds like he wanted you to do was spam cluster bomb in an engineer’s fire field from fire bomb so everyone got some might stacks before you began the boss fight. The 9-12 might stacks (can’t get 25 stacks off a 3 second field unless others helped) would increase your damage output somewhere between ~20 to 40% which is like having an additional party member for 20 seconds.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I interpreted it as they wanted him to stealth them by Cluster Bombing into a Smoke Screen (with help from the Engineer?)

Edit: NVM they were at the final boss. Stacking Might is probably something you should get into the habit of doing.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

you could have always asked what he was trying to do by stacking and asking you to clusterbomb, instead of just blindly following and just calling it a stupid idea. maybe it was only “stupid” beacuse you didn’t understand the point and process and potential outcome, which could have been easily.. addressed.

a lot of times before a pull or boss, people will drop usually a fire field, then people blast it so everyone gets AoE might. an efficient team can easily full 25 stacks full stacks of might which can equal an additional 875 power AND condition damage to the entire party. given that you stacked properly.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

The strangest thing about this post is that the OP felt so utterly confused and upset that they felt compelled to post the entire experience. He also gave just enough detail that anyone who knows how to use Combo Fields will understand what was probably going on, but strangely the OP does not know what was going on.

I agree that the person asking to stack might was being a bit silly. Expecting the average PUG like yourself to understand how to stack Might in a Fire Field is expecting a lot. :P

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

I agree that the person asking to stack might was being a bit silly. Expecting the average PUG like yourself to understand how to stack Might in a Fire Field is expecting a lot. :P

The person asking only had 1.5k Anet points. I was kinda like that myself 2 months after release. I remember myself teaching PuGs about fire fields and stacking, how projectile reflects trivialize 90% of pve content, how to not step out of shadow refuge etc and I felt like a true pioneer in creating a more well-informed dungeon community.

Then at several points in time I got called the E word for e.g. suggesting Wall of Reflection to a 4-signet guardian, asking a pistol-pistol thief to come into melee range to use 5 etc so then I stopped caring.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”