Twlight Ahbor F/F Mesmer Issues

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Vylins.3079

Vylins.3079

This has probably been talked about beforehand but I figured I’d make a post about it, When running TA F/F when you get to the section where the you need to take the red portals into the bubbles to down the archers, as a Mesmer this becomes quite a challenge to deal any type of consistent due to even when you make it inside the bubbles your phantasms can’t spawn. For example the warden on the focus which doesn’t move at all cannot be cast and it instantly gets destroyed even inside which makes no sense because it never touches the walks of the bubble. This issue cuts the damage of a Mesmer in half leaving only damage to auto attacking and your 2 ability on sword. I’m just curious if anyone knows why it does this or if it’s just a bug.

Thanks,
-Vylins

Always remember to do what you love, without it you have nothing.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

This is a big problem, I think. Mainly for mesmers, but I know anytime I try to summon an elemental or my Asura golem, despite already being in the bubble, they die instantly. It might be a bug, but if it is one it has been going on for a long long time with no fix. I wonder if it also happens to necro minions?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Aria.5940

Aria.5940

I can add trouble with this for ranger as well. The pet dies if you summon it while in the bubble and traps won’t work. So you’ve got next to no utility skills as a ranger in this fight and you lack the dps from pet (even with 0 points in bm it’s still significant loss of dps). Also spirits died when attempting to summon (can’t confirm if it was bad luck on the positioning or they will always die). So ranger utilities in that fight comes down to passive signets (activating them affects the pet, which is dead), quickening zephyr (+50% skill speed -50%healing), sharpening stone (bleeds) and the racial skills.

Vylins.3079

Thanks for the feedback, Obviously I didn’t know this was happening to every summoned pet/creature. I feel like this is a bug and should be addressed because as we all have seen it slices down a ton of damage and utilities for any class that isn’t lets say ‘auto attack friendly’. I’d understand something like the Mesmers berserker the 4th ability on the great sword it spins into the bubble but the initial damage should still proc and the others just don’t make any sense. Guess we will see if this gets noticed or brought over to the bug section if someone can’t explain this.

Thanks again,
Vylins

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

When you summon a clone it doesn’t actually spawn on top of you, rather it spawns far away then runs to you (quite quickly). At least that’s what I’ve heard. It makes sense since any field that will insta kill a clone will make it impossible to spawn them.

[DnT]

Vylins.3079

When you summon a clone it doesn’t actually spawn on top of you, rather it spawns far away then runs to you (quite quickly). At least that’s what I’ve heard. It makes sense since any field that will insta kill a clone will make it impossible to spawn them.

This is true for the most part, that being said the second ability on the focus which is the warden phantasm cast on top of the target and actually never moves unless cast to destroy. Which if anyone plays a Mesmer for dps the Sword/Focus is one of the most viable and really damage out putting sources without being completely shatter base, this issue itself is a crucial issue with the bubble that we’ve addressed here.

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Actually, believe it or not the duelist and the swordsman both have higher dps than the warden (again, what i’ve been told by a pretty reliable source). I still like the focus for temporal curtain though.

[DnT]

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

If you’re doing this path casually, I would suggest bringing a great-sword as a mesmer for this part. The auto attack on gs is one of those unique ‘laser’ type abilities that doesn’t get stopped by the fire bubbles, whereas other projectiles get blocked. This is true for guardian staff auto as well, but since you can aegis through the fire bubble, a guardian shouldn’t be ranging this part.

That being said, it is annoying that clones and pets instantly die to the fire bubbles, but it’s more of an annoyance than a game-breaking mechanic.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

(edited by jwaz.1908)

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

You can Eviscerate through it on a Warrior, only Eviscerate though, even Whirlwind doesn’t work.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

It’s just weird, because if you’re in the bubble, and you summon a pet, in my case, an ele pet, it doesn’t even have to touch the bubble to die. It just dies.

No, it isn’t a game breaker. But it is genuinely weird.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

You can Eviscerate through it on a Warrior, only Eviscerate though, even Whirlwind doesn’t work.

Try single-block!

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

rangers can get a pet inside the bubble
… you just have to get downed and revive… no biggie

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

WA should work if you have an aegis up though, right? It doesn’t make sense that you can Eviscerate through it since that’s not even an evasion! kitten Anet

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

YOLOstrats best strats. But seriously you need aegis to survive, despite my beliefs that eviscerate lets you go anywhere and not die

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Final strike on mainhand sword for guardian doesnt hit those pesky archers either. My precious deeps :<

Dolan.3071

Oh my god please don’t Eviscerate through that bubble xD Take everything I say with at least two bagfulls of salt.
MH Mace counter, OH Sword Riposte and Shield Block will get you through, haven’t tried Whirlwind or Endure Pain, but I’m inclined to guess that they don’t work.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Broadicea.8294

Any evasion WITH aegis should work but I haven’t tried them all.

Dolan.3071

With Aegis? You can just run through with Aegis. Though I have had a scheming Archer shoot me as I was stepping through, insta-gibbed, thanks Archer.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Vylins.3079

Thanks for the feedback, to be honest this kind of became off topic XD, it has never been an issue getting inside, just like Lilith Ajit.6173 posted it’s just an unexplained happening, Yet it is true that you can range it as a Mesmer, it is not the point of the post. The fact is this issue does hinder damage output on classes that use summoner creatures as pets. Just a little confused on why it happens, if it’s meant to and will it ever be changed or not. Regardless none of those can be answered by anyone but Dev’s but i appreciate all the feedback

Thanks, Vylins

spoj.9672

Thanks for the feedback, to be honest this kind of became off topic XD, it has never been an issue getting inside, just like Lilith Ajit.6173 posted it’s just an unexplained happening, Yet it is true that you can range it as a Mesmer, it is not the point of the post. The fact is this issue does hinder damage output on classes that use summoner creatures as pets. Just a little confused on why it happens, if it’s meant to and will it ever be changed or not. Regardless none of those can be answered by anyone but Dev’s but i appreciate all the feedback

Thanks, Vylins

It does hinder guard dmg output if you are using 1h sword. You cant hit the archers with projectiles and i think that particular fight seems to count the final hit of the sword as projectiles for some reason.

Broadicea.8294

Sword Wave is a projectile attack.

spoj.9672

Sword Wave is a projectile attack.

Dont see why it should be though. Pretty sure it works on the colossus in the jade fractal and they reflect projectiles.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Dont see why it should be though. Pretty sure it works on the colossus in the jade fractal and they reflect projectiles.

It works if you are a masochist.

spoj.9672

It works if you are a masochist.

Thats weird because i almost always use sword and i dont remember killing myself with it lol. Maybe I was using GS on them and sword on the tentacles. I guess Ill pay more attention next time lol.

Broadicea.8294

Yeah the colossi will reflect Sword Wave. It is kind of stupid that’s a projectile move for the third auto chain of a melee weapon, but I guess it has to be to hit the way they wanted it, with 3 strikes coming out in a cone pattern.