Type of players you get

Type of players you get

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

So im posting this here because this is the best thread and im board at work.
So you get 4 types of players in GW
The Players that just suck
The players that strife to be better
The elitest
and the players that think they are elite

What do you think?

Just another Arah veteran

Type of players you get

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

I just play how I want

Type of players you get

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

You can’t really ‘suck’ , the dungeons are fairly easy. You can only get new players that have no idea what to do. But i see alot of people that think they are elite but they are just average or even worse. Being ‘good’ dont think its possible too , unless its a solo or a duo. Its not a skill test, its a DPS test.

Type of players you get

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

What do you call a cleric guardian who never switches off his staff in a dungeon, and makes comments thinking he is a credit to team?

True story, had one of those in a CoF P2 group. Coupled with a bow warrior, a GS warrior, and some other class. The final boss took 4 cycles to kill! If I didn’t know any better, I’d say my teammates were healing the kitten thing.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Type of players you get

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

“Elitists” and “Players that think they are Elitists” are the same thing.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Type of players you get

Cat Has Ducks.1982

You can’t really ‘suck’ , the dungeons are fairly easy. You can only get new players that have no idea what to do. But i see alot of people that think they are elite but they are just average or even worse. Being ‘good’ dont think its possible too , unless its a solo or a duo. Its not a skill test, its a DPS test.

Lupicus says otherwise. I have played with people in full arah gear and say they do Arah all the time. In comes Lupics…. And they suck. bunch of floor mats, can’t dodge some red circle or life suck.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

Type of players you get

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Lupicus says otherwise. I have played with people in full arah gear and say they do Arah all the time. In comes Lupics…. And they suck. bunch of floor mats, can’t dodge some red circle or life suck.

Yea lupi. The only boss fight that requires you to dodge more than once.

Type of players you get

Raven.3248

Yea lupi. The only boss fight that requires you to dodge more than once.

So you basically saying players with:
High DPS that can dodge
High DPS that cant dodge
Low DPS

good point

Type of players you get

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

I do consider myself a dungeon/fractal elitist. However, I do pug a vast majority of GW2, so I have seen the entire spectrum of GW2 players.

Player skill hierarchy:

1. Inexperienced newbie – someone with a non-80 character attempting to do dungeons/story-lines for the first time ever. You see a lot of these in AC and CM. They are good at taking orders but slow in execution. So, they may fall behind and die when the team starts skipping enemies.

2. Experienced newbie – has a level 80 character and is just starting out completing the GW2 story-lines and dungeons. They may appear in any dungeon group and it is sometimes easy to identify them based on the appearance of their gear which tend to be generic (mostly rare). They are similar to the inexperienced newbie in mentality but have a higher survival rate in dungeons. In addition, they are also tend to be bad at weapons management and can be seen meleeing the boss when they should be ranging and admit that they don’t have a ranged weapon…

3. Skilled Veteran – Significantly better than the newbie groups in character resources and knowledge about dungeon mechanics. Mostly wear exotic gear, know what to skip and how to fight bosses. Sadly, the majority of the GW2 player-base is below this skill level…

4. Elitist – Applies optimal control theory for maximal benefits. Will most likely be seen using heavy professions (wars/guards) and nothing short of berserk gear. In addition, they use ascended weapons and trinkets, again berserk of course. Will also run optimal traits (builds) which provide group benefits (stacking might, removing conditions etc). Will attempt something a few times and will rage-quit when time constraints are not satisfied.

5. Overlord – A very very small portion of the GW2 player-base who could potentially solo the whole game, including dungeons. Can face-tank the toughest bosses with sheer arrogance and joy. In fact, the fear of death itself transforms into power and the determination to succeed. These guys never give up even if it kills them. Their knowledge of their class/gear is second to none.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

(edited by mage.3570)

Type of players you get

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

If you have enough DPS Lupi is easy. You don’t even need to know his tells except for the guy reflecting his AOEs. Just stack and DPS and reflect until dead.

Type of players you get

Cat Has Ducks.1982

If you have enough DPS Lupi is easy. You don’t even need to know his tells except for the guy reflecting his AOEs. Just stack and DPS and reflect until dead.

If only I had more mesmer friends… Alas I usually go 2-4 of my heavy class friends with the open spots made up of pugs. Most of which aren’t comfortable melee’ing. I wish I lived in a perfect vacuum that most of your answers are spawned from…

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

Type of players you get

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

5. Overlord – A very very small portion of the GW2 player-base who could potentially solo the whole game, including dungeons. Can face-tank the toughest bosses with sheer arrogance and joy. In fact, the fear of death itself transforms into power and the determination to succeed. These guys never give up even if it kills them. Their knowledge of their class/gear is second to none.

I would like to meet the man who can teach me how to solo grawl/cliffside on 30+ :o

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Type of players you get

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

If only I had more mesmer friends… Alas I usually go 2-4 of my heavy class friends with the open spots made up of pugs. Most of which aren’t comfortable melee’ing. I wish I lived in a perfect vacuum that most of your answers are spawned from…

Add me. I’m a mesmer and would love to melee Lupi. I’m trying to talk my current guild into doing it but they are all in wvw.

PS I’ve never meleed him but really want to try.

RIP in peace Robert

Type of players you get

Ethics.4519

You can suck.

We all know this.

RIP in peace Robert

Type of players you get

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Add me. I’m a mesmer and would love to melee Lupi. I’m trying to talk my current guild into doing it but they are all in wvw.

PS I’ve never meleed him but really want to try.

You can always try meleeing lupi in p2 and p3. You might have to play tag with lupi abit while he chases down your ranged allies but you dont really have to be in a specific group to do that.

To melee in p1 is admittedly trickier when your party members can’t dodge grubs. If you melee and while the party is stacked range, chances is that you won’t get much aggro and lupi will not do his kick (to learn melee in p1, you need lupi to actually use those kicks). The locusts will be split and you probably will not be helping to kill grubs if they did spawn from your team mates. And worse, some other party member might see you meleeing and comes to melee lupi too….. but they can’t dodge grubs…. In this case, I will stack range with my party.

Type of players you get

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

What do you call a cleric guardian who never switches off his staff in a dungeon, and makes comments thinking he is a credit to team?

True story, had one of those in a CoF P2 group. Coupled with a bow warrior, a GS warrior, and some other class. The final boss took 4 cycles to kill! If I didn’t know any better, I’d say my teammates were healing the kitten thing.

Run with a zerker group if you do not like the DPS yo u get out of a PUG or……you could start the party yourself and advertise for DPS. No point kittenting on a party that had no restrictions.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Type of players you get

Ethics.4519

Run with a zerker group if you do not like the DPS yo u get out of a PUG or……you could start the party yourself and advertise for DPS. No point kittenting on a party that had no restrictions.

Speedrun =/= efficient group and vice versa.

RIP in peace Robert

Type of players you get

TheGuy.3568

Not saying it is (not sure how you got to that conclusion from what I said in the first place). However, if you join a PUG and kitten on their dps when you never said, “Zerker only” then complain about their dps is that really fair? Every time I join a pug I expect that the pug will have some players who simply do not have dps specs on par with a zerker build. If that is the case then I do not a see a point in complaining about how slow they are clearing. It is a you get what you pay for thing. At the end of the day though the run still got done.

Kor The Cold Heart War

Type of players you get

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I never said I kittented on them. I don’t go around disrespecting people because they play terrible builds. I just pointed out a poor experience in this forum, not naming them. And for CoF, I really don’t feel like being picky. Just posted one of the worst experiences I have had.

And on the note about zerkers. I joined a group who gear checked for zerker. And my God was that horrible. Warriors not switching off GS, as well as not bringing Banner of Disc. It was ridiculous. There is no way to guarantee anything with pugs, only share the stories you encounter.

@Ethics. I shall add you. My main group uses mumble so if you do that it will make everything that much easier.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

Type of players you get

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I’m an overlord. Lupicus fears my fear of killing him.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Type of players you get

TheGuy.3568

I never said I kittented on them. I don’t go around disrespecting people because they play terrible builds. I just pointed out a poor experience in this forum, not naming them. And for CoF, I really don’t feel like being picky. Just posted one of the worst experiences I have had.

And on the note about zerkers. I joined a group who gear checked for zerker. And my God was that horrible. Warriors not switching off GS, as well as not bringing Banner of Disc. It was ridiculous. There is no way to guarantee anything with pugs, only share the stories you encounter.

@Ethics. I shall add you. My main group uses mumble so if you do that it will make everything that much easier.

Not a big argument but complaining about DPS in a PUG not speed clearing is pointless IMHO. I remember once when I ran my shats mesmer through CoF1 in a pug. On last boss dps wasn’t going well. I simply logged out jumped on my warrior (half Zerk) and got it done. No forum post and I wasn’t upset about the DPS. As is the case with CoF 2 if at least 1 or 2 of you have strong DPS builds it takes 2 cycles with good timing on the shamans.

Many players have this tendency to point the finger and say, “Ohh they were horrible”. And while that may be the case if you have the time to complain about it you have the time to form a better party. getting crappy players when you invite everyone is a common occurrence not worth reporting imho.

Kor The Cold Heart War

Type of players you get

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Not a big argument but complaining about DPS in a PUG not speed clearing is pointless IMHO. I remember once when I ran my shats mesmer through CoF1 in a pug. On last boss dps wasn’t going well. I simply logged out jumped on my warrior (half Zerk) and got it done. No forum post and I wasn’t upset about the DPS. As is the case with CoF 2 if at least 1 or 2 of you have strong DPS builds it takes 2 cycles with good timing on the shamans.

Many players have this tendency to point the finger and say, “Ohh they were horrible”. And while that may be the case if you have the time to complain about it you have the time to form a better party. getting crappy players when you invite everyone is a common occurrence not worth reporting imho.

Lets see here….

Title of Thread: “types of players you get”

I type about a type of player, with a little back story.

Then moral hall monitor enters thread and starts ranting for no reason.

Interesting…..

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

Type of players you get

Ethics.4519

Not saying it is (not sure how you got to that conclusion from what I said in the first place). However, if you join a PUG and kitten on their dps when you never said, “Zerker only” then complain about their dps is that really fair? Every time I join a pug I expect that the pug will have some players who simply do not have dps specs on par with a zerker build. If that is the case then I do not a see a point in complaining about how slow they are clearing. It is a you get what you pay for thing. At the end of the day though the run still got done.

Again. Speendrun =/= efficient group and vice versa.

Just because I didn’t say “Super mega zerk speedrun pro elite only” doesn’t mean I can’t rag on a guy for spamming #1 staff with cleric’s gear.

RIP in peace Robert

Type of players you get

TheGuy.3568

Lets see here….

Title of Thread: “types of players you get”

I type about a type of player, with a little back story.

Then moral hall monitor enters thread and starts ranting for no reason.

Interesting…..

Ranting? Ok, I get it. Let me break down your post. I am a really good player I promise but the players I PUG with suck. They suck so much they did this, that, and the other. I am kittening about it with my bud but it isn’t complaining or whining just making a comment.

See i get it. Most of the time the issue is thatp layers lie you generally enter a random party no expecting random. I do not know how long you are playing but every horror story simply isn’t worth a post. Happens way too often. Though feel free to continue your line of thinking.

Again. Speendrun =/= efficient group and vice versa.

Just because I didn’t say “Super mega zerk speedrun pro elite only” doesn’t mean I can’t rag on a guy for spamming #1 staff with cleric’s gear.

Again I do not know why you are posting that as neither of my post has anything to do with that statement. On another note considering Cat Has Ducks.1982 made the comment either you are running both accounts or mistaken.

Arguing is senseless in the long run so respond or not and we can leave it at that.

Kor The Cold Heart War

Type of players you get

Raven.3248

I got 1 more
People that can stick to a topic and people that cant

Type of players you get

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I got 1 more
People that can stick to a topic and people that cant

I think there is only a handful of threads that didn’t derail in this forum, the funniest player fail threads (even that one occasionally derails) and the ascension project.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Type of players you get

Ethics.4519

Again I do not know why you are posting that as neither of my post has anything to do with that statement. On another note considering Cat Has Ducks.1982 made the comment either you are running both accounts or mistaken.

Arguing is senseless in the long run so respond or not and we can leave it at that.

We are different people.

What you are saying seems to be that I shouldn’t make fun of/talk about/be upset at the person who wears cleric gear and spams auto attack because I didn’t put “Speed run” for my LFG.

My argument is its perfectly acceptable to expect someone to still play well and efficient just because I didn’t put “speed run” for my LFG.

Your lack of reading comprehension baffles me.

RIP in peace Robert

Type of players you get

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

There are some players perfectly able to be efficient as the best “elitist” and also play with any sort of pugs.
Also they can adapt and save party if it fails for any reason.

They don t even need to ragequit…..being polite is free…if they want to quit they tell politely why.
Sometimes they play for gold and speedrun…and other times they simply play with pugs…..they can even do that without forcing pugs to follow their orders…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Type of players you get

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

There are some players perfectly able to be efficient as the best “elitist” and also play with any sort of pugs.
Also they can adapt and save party if it fails for any reason.

They don t even need to ragequit…..being polite is free…if they want to quit they tell politely why.
Sometimes they play for gold and speedrun…and other times they simply play with pugs…..they can even do that without forcing pugs to follow their orders…

Club foot

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Type of players you get

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I have one to add to the original list. People that don’t say Hi, or some other greeting when you pug them, maybe it shouldn’t annoy me but it does because my group and I greet you when you are accepted. Its a red flag for me because usually this is the kind of player that doesn’t say anything and will usually go off and do something stupid at some point. In other words is a communication issue.

If you don’t say something upon joining I keep my eye on you. You’re only one good screw up away from getting kicked at that point. I will be waay more forgiving if you simply type two letters, H and I.

Type of players you get

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

What about High? or Hy?

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Type of players you get

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

What about High? or Hy?

Also acceptable, some kind of response. You could not speak a word of English and type hello in your native language and that would be awesome. It’s the lack of response that gets me.

you could also respond with random words, just as long as you actually respond. some fine examples are…

Tacos!

Fishpants!

Chihuahua parachute!

Type of players you get

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

lol chihuahua parachute would make for an interesting landing

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Type of players you get

Cat Has Ducks.1982

If I am the first to say it, I put “yo”. If I am replying I put “hello”. Not any rules, just seems to always happen like that lol.

I hate when people come in asking if we can do a different path instead. Then leave when I say no…. Don’t mind the asking, but why join only to ask for your way or no way.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

Type of players you get

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Never got the point of saying the greetings when I join the group or someone joins mine.

Holy double kittenes from hell, you just’ve got a whole new UI element telling you my character, account name and what I’m playing, while I get same info on the party I joined.

Is that really not enough to acknowledge our mutual fact of existence?

Defeated by packet loss.

Type of players you get

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Never got the point of saying the greetings when I join the group or someone joins mine.

Holy double kittenes from hell, you just’ve got a whole new UI element telling you my character, account name and what I’m playing, while I get same info on the party I joined.

cour·te·sy
?k?rt?s?/
noun

the showing of politeness in one’s attitude and behavior toward others.

That’s all. Not required. Just a courtesy norm. You don’t have to do it or agree with it. Just a kind of a thing social humans tend to do.

Side Note: I always say “thanks” if I joined, or “thanks for joining” if they joined at the end of a run. If I just put “thx”, that means I was kitten ed at the run lol. <— Again just out of courtesy.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

Type of players you get

Ethics.4519

Yeah. And screw other people in real life. I see you. Why the hell do I need to say hi to you? I don’t care how your day is. Jesus. I’m already judging you by your appearances and clothing. I don’t need you to open your stupid mouth.

Amiright?

RIP in peace Robert

Type of players you get

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

Thread is moot imo.

Assuming player has moderate intelligence, Motivation + Time = Player Skill. If you have the drive and time you can solo dungeon paths if you want. In the end if your at the point of boredom to solo dungeons it’s probably time to look for another game unless your boosting a massive ego.

Type of players you get

Ethics.4519

Thread is moot imo.

Assuming player has moderate intelligence, Motivation + Time = Player Skill. If you have the drive and time you can solo dungeon paths if you want. In the end if your at the point of boredom to solo dungeons it’s probably time to look for another game unless your boosting a massive ego.

May or may not be (most likely is) directed at weth?

My boosting a massive ego what?

RIP in peace Robert

Type of players you get

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

the showing of politeness in one’s attitude and behavior toward others

Yeah and it makes me cringe every single time I have to say the greetings to people when I see no real reason other than courtesy. Feels like letting out a fake smile. I still do but lord almighty, it grinds my gears.

Yeah. And screw other people in real life. I see you. Why the hell do I need to say hi to you? I don’t care how your day is. Jesus. I’m already judging you by your appearances and clothing. I don’t need you to open your stupid mouth.

Amiright?

Ironic that your sarcasm is quite spot-on. In real life we just shake hands meeting in the street with friends. And if we’re in some kind of fight we just don’t. Like a notifier. Ingame we have UI for that. Hooray, you’re online, I can see that.

I know I’m being sorta edgy here and to be honest I don’t act like this, at the very least most of the time. Courtesy, uh-huh. But it doesn’t mean I like that I have to do this.

Defeated by packet loss.

Type of players you get

Raven.3248

ok, you get:
Farmer
Heroes ( the good kind and the bad)
whiners
lairs
jokers
haters
actually this is a stupid topic
who posted this kitten

Type of players you get

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

The good, the bad and the ugly.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Type of players you get

Bismuth.3165

I’ve seen the good and I’ve seen the bad? who’s the ugly?

Type of players you get

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’ve seen the good and I’ve seen the bad? who’s the ugly?

The ones that use mixed sets for stats but don’t use transmute stones… and then use all neon colors.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Type of players you get

Bismuth.3165

humans wearing full cof heavy armor.

Type of players you get

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Have you seen wethospu’s armour?

Type of players you get

Bismuth.3165

I watched his videos and still can’t decide which armor is he wearing? arah leggings and human t3 cultural shoulders and breastplate?

Type of players you get

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Check his imbued shaman duo. Full chainmail with awesome rainbow dye scheme.

Type of players you get

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

The elitists.
The players that suck
and the players that are just good.

What do you think?

i don’t appreciate the implication that elitists are the top tier, when they honestly belong on the bottom.

Type of players you get

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The elitists.
The players that suck
and the players that are just good.

What do you think?

i don’t appreciate the implication that elitists are the top tier, when they honestly belong on the bottom.

That word… I do not think it means what you think it means…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa