Undocumented changes, March 16, 2015

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

Post any rumors and/or proof here!

• [Not properly tested rumor] Many bosses have had their cone-type skill’s angle range increased (hitting near their sides too).
    Sure-shot Seamus (CM p3)
    Mage Crusher (Arah p3)
    Operative Brie (Arah p2)
    Searing Effigy (CoF p1)
  • [AC] /[CM] /[TA] Power downscaling formula tweaked
  • [Snowlind Fractal] The object creating the swirling wind attack at the Elemental Source can no longer be killed by Ice Spike (wide range AoE).
  • [Thaumanova fractal]
    Turrets in turret room of don’t work anymore. Projectile seems to explode right on top of it.
    The debuff from saving the researchers fixed to apply properly.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

I can confirm the snowblind change, because i was the engi mentioned in the general discussion thread.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Sauerstoff.7045

Sauerstoff.7045

AC Power cap is the same but the downscale is harder now… before the patch i had the max cap of 720 Power in AC without buffood. Now i have 612 with buffood (I changed nothing, no stats no armor)

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Go go aleth!

toxic since 2012

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its not just AC. CM and TA are also effected i believe.

Posted by: Gruocs.3412

Gruocs.3412

Can confirm about snowblind, couldnt destroy it with engi and ele, didn’t tried other classes tho.

Hexagonis [HeX]

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

If this is true it is one of the best changes in this patch. Making all the low lvl dungeons a bit harder.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Yes, prolonging content by reducing everyone’s effectiveness sure is fun.

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

It is not prolonging. It is fixing a old bug with scaling giving players higher stats than they should have.

Omg it will make speed runs take +5 seconds killing mobs. Unaceptable…

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I can confirm that blink still works to second button on dredge in case anyone was wondering.

spoj.9672

All the blinks still work. It was a QoL fix to prevent people from wasting their blink cooldowns on bugged terrain.

Although the note about fixing some blink locations may be some exploity blinks. Such as AC/arah under the map kind of stuff etc.

Posted by: BlitzX.4039

BlitzX.4039

After testing Tom in uncat fractal on lvl 10 made decision that his hitbox is a bit smaller now and poison hits harder

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

It is not prolonging. It is fixing a old bug with scaling giving players higher stats than they should have.

I think you are missing the point. Even with those changes AC bosses die really fast, so you don’t have to pay more attention, play better or anything. So all it does is make fights longer while not adding anything strategy-wise. Which is a pretty stupid concept, even if it was just a “bug-fix”.

On another note, precision is scaled as well. And pretty horribly at that. A warrior has in AC 39% crit-chance and if you swap in Signer of Fury you get to 57%.

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Cheezy.2039

After testing Tom in uncat fractal on lvl 10 made decision that his hitbox is a bit smaller now and poison hits harder

I had a similar feeling in Aetherpath today, the tar field ticks seemed to be more dangerous. On the other hand I haven’t done Aetherpath in a while and we just might have sucked :x

Posted by: Wheatty.1892

Wheatty.1892

Not sure if implemented in this patch but:
Arah p3 jumping on the plant to skip a portion of the run after crusher/hunter no longer possible(there’s a wall now).

Posted by: RealCheesus.8563

RealCheesus.8563

They added that wall in the last patch already.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

This is really cool! I love surprises especially when they are exclusive to the dungeon community! Nice to see Anet working on making difficult content as well, much hype for HOT obviously!

Posted by: FlawlezZ.3178

FlawlezZ.3178

They added that wall in the last patch already.

It didn’t change anything there tho

Posted by: blizt.9581

blizt.9581

Well so you know its not just power downscaling which was tweaked but every stat, my main is a guard who had around 5000ish hp in ac but I cant remember the exact number but it was on the low end of 5k.
However after the patch I barely have 3226hp in AC, making a mistake can down you much easier now and I bet eles and thiefs will have a much harder time.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Not sure if implemented in this patch but:
Arah p3 jumping on the plant to skip a portion of the run after crusher/hunter no longer possible(there’s a wall now).

That’s not entirely true. You can jump onto the plant/tree, but now the mobs cannot aggro on you when you use it to leap up the wall to skip the entire run to mage crusher.

Which was the only real purpose of jumping onto that plant anyways, otherwise it was pointless because you can just teleport up anyways with lightning flash/shadowstep/blink etc.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Are the riflemen now spawning during the cutscene into agro mode in cm path 1?
- did a run earlier and they seemed to be up a lot quicker whilst someone was still watching the video (they died).

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Sometimes the cutscene ‘bugs out’ so it might be that. I’ll check later if i run CM

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Isn’t the first time they changed Dungeons w/o putting it in patch notes. Like the HotW and AC Trolls.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m pretty sure Brie’s death ray (Arah p2) is significantly wider than it was yesterday.

spoj.9672

Yeah i did think Brie’s ray changed. It looked like it tracked me today when i sidestepped. Although im not entirely sure. Been kind of distracted with the new camera and have a habit of zooming so far out that i cant see tells properly.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Yeah i did think Brie’s ray changed. It looked like it tracked me today when i sidestepped. Although im not entirely sure. Been kind of distracted with the new camera and have a habit of zooming so far out that i cant see tells properly.

Yeah.. it could be that it tracks you differently from before instead of being wider, but the animation is exactly the same as yesterday… so maybe it’s now like Belka’s bugged ball of death.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

AC, P1, final boss attack changed from line to cone. Width unsure but animation is unchanged.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Dunno if was already posted. Did a frac 49 run today. Turrets in turret room of thaumanova fractal don’t work anymore. Projectile seems to explode right on top of it.

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I think the point with the new scaling is that now 80s (or rather, 60+’s, when you start getting 3-stat combo gear; notice that the scaling change stops before SE) are no longer inherently superior to characters that are at the minimum level required for the paths… which removes another excuse to never allow sub-80s into a sub-80 dungeon.

Would like to see a side-by-side comparison with a level 35 in AC and a level 80 and how their stats match up now. I bet the gap won’t be nearly as big as it was before.

Posted by: Stormie.1284

Stormie.1284

[CM] P3, Seamus rifle range has been greatly increased. I think he now has a cone of 180 degree in front of him instead of a small cone.
Sidestepping is not really possible, now you’ll have to walk through him to avoid being shot.

• For Thief (not my main, mostly play ele and mes), the combo CnD -> backstab still works.
    However the Heartseeker during his 25% hp is harder to pull off now, I mostly eat rifle in the face after doing that due to the slow recovery time, but then it could be just me being slow and terrible.
Forever a Mesmer

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

I think the point with the new scaling is that now 80s (or rather, 60+’s, when you start getting 3-stat combo gear; notice that the scaling change stops before SE) are no longer inherently superior to characters that are at the minimum level required for the paths… which removes another excuse to never allow sub-80s into a sub-80 dungeon.

Would like to see a side-by-side comparison with a level 35 in AC and a level 80 and how their stats match up now. I bet the gap won’t be nearly as big as it was before.

i got a lvl 35 i can test this one next time i get on

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Are the riflemen now spawning during the cutscene into agro mode in cm path 1?
- did a run earlier and they seemed to be up a lot quicker whilst someone was still watching the video (they died).

This didn’t happen for me tonight in CM.

[CM] P3, Seamus rifle range has been greatly increased. I think he now has a cone of 180 degree in front of him instead of a small cone.
Sidestepping is not really possible, now you’ll have to walk through him to avoid being shot.

• For Thief (not my main, mostly play ele and mes), the combo CnD -> backstab still works.
    However the Heartseeker during his 25% hp is harder to pull off now, I mostly eat rifle in the face after doing that due to the slow recovery time, but then it could be just me being slow and terrible.

This probably needs more testing. I didn’t notice a difference in the fight tonight. But I may have more of a tendency to push through him than to sidestep. I’m not sure.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

Posted by: Fanolian.8415

Fanolian.8415

Dunno if was already posted. Did a frac 49 run today. Turrets in turret room of thaumanova fractal don’t work anymore. Projectile seems to explode right on top of it.

Same at 50. I can walk freely in the room without the shield.

Also, east room (save 4 asurans) now gives boss the debuff properly. The panel room is still open before saving all asurans. I don’t know what happen if we don’t save them.
I don’t know if it indeed gives bonus damage neither.

Attachments:

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Same at 50. I can walk freely in the room without the shield.

Also, east room (save 4 asurans) now gives boss the debuff properly. The panel room is still open before saving all asurans. I don’t know what happen if we don’t save them.
I don’t know if it indeed gives bonus damage neither.

The asura bonus buff was there in the previous patch already.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Not on 31-40 and 41-50 tiers. On lower levels the event for rescuing them and the debuff on boss worked properly but on higher levels the event was bugged and even when completed you didn’t get the debuff on boss.

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

SE P1, you can’t go past the first barrier without destroying it anymore .

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I think you are missing the point. Even with those changes AC bosses die really fast, so you don’t have to pay more attention, play better or anything. So all it does is make fights longer while not adding anything strategy-wise. Which is a pretty stupid concept, even if it was just a “bug-fix”.

On another note, precision is scaled as well. And pretty horribly at that. A warrior has in AC 39% crit-chance and if you swap in Signer of Fury you get to 57%.

So your point is that the change barely affects the speed which makes the change unnecessary because it just prolongs the fights. That doesn’t even make any sense. I will agree that it doesn’t add difficulty (strategy wise). But surely diminishing the gap between 35s and 80s is hugely more important than steamrolling through the dungeon anyway. Plus, it does make itharder for people who haven’t super memorized the speedclear way.

I prefer that scaling works alot better now, rather than some arbitrary increase in dungeon time spend. If you’re good enough you can speed it up even more still rather than hang back.
If anything the length should be moving towards a normalized length that applies to all the levels above the dungeon level. Which means that if it does take too long the dungeon need to change, but not the downscaling system.

Btw, im just going to say that thisstat decrease might not even be a dungeon system change but adownscaling system change. Which is a good thing if anything.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

So your point is that the change barely affects the speed which makes the change unnecessary because it just prolongs the fights. That doesn’t even make any sense. I will agree that it doesn’t add difficulty (strategy wise). But surely diminishing the gap between 35s and 80s is hugely more important than steamrolling through the dungeon anyway. Plus, it does make itharder for people who haven’t super memorized the speedclear way.

I prefer that scaling works alot better now, rather than some arbitrary increase in dungeon time spend. If you’re good enough you can speed it up even more still rather than hang back.
If anything the length should be moving towards a normalized length that applies to all the levels above the dungeon level. Which means that if it does take too long the dungeon need to change, but not the downscaling system.

Actually how is it important to diminish the gap between 35s and 80s. What is the point of leveling you’re character and wasting money getting gear if you’re going to have a cap that makes you just as efficient as a lvl 35 in masterwork gear? Im all for making dungeons harder but i see no reason in lowering the efficiency of gear or making lvl 80s less powerful.

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

• [Snowlind Fractal] The object creating the swirling wind attack at the Elemental Source can no longer be killed by Ice Spike.

Checked it with a thief Cluster Bomb just now, did not see 2 damage numbers while blasting anywhere close to the Elemental Source.

Cheezy.2039

If they want to make low level characters more viable they should have access to key traits in these levels. Why would I bring an Ele if he can’t give me Fury? (for example)

I’d rather take a character with me that fills his role and hits like a wet noodle instead of having one that has comparable DPS but has only that. I’m fine with damage nerfs as long as they actually change something instead of just making things slower. FGS nerf/fix was a net damage nerf but it changed the way you play, that was a good thing.

And like I said it wouldn’t be that bad if only Power scaled differently but by changing Precision as well you are basicly forced to run Precision signet on all professions that can.

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

It’s more like scaling change/bug. It affects open world as well.

Posted by: Stormie.1284

Stormie.1284

Not really makes a huge difference but:

[CoF] P1, the end boss Searing Effigy has increased range from his purple flaming hand thinge. I clearly sidestepped and stood on his sides but still take damage as normal. I guess the range is similar to Seamus now.

Hate how they just increase the range without matching its visual :{

Forever a Mesmer

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

They did that for Howling King in AC p1 and Brie in Arah p2 too. The aoe is massive and non obvious from animation

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

If that’s true I have to say only one thing.

Chep and lazy. This is what we get after almost 3 years. Cheap and lazy.

spoj.9672

I quite like a lot of these changes. Small adjustments to difficulty and some minor attention to bugs. Its refreshing. But i would seriously love it if they were in the patch notes….

I dislike the snowblind fractal change though.

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

CoF door cant be glitched anymore to enter while contested

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

Hate how they just increase the range without matching its visual :{

I’d call that a bug.

Cheezy.2039

CoF door cant be glitched anymore to enter while contested

Are you sure? …
Alright, never doing CoF speedruns again

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

Two things I noticed in my last CoF p2 run:

• When someone tried to solo Magg’s search for magmacyte and everyone WPed to the entrance, the npc joined us at the wp. We all had to cross the magma field to continue. Not sure if it’s an anomaly, or a fix.
  • At the last boss, the Eternal Flame’kittenboxes seemed broken. I had trouble getting a hit in with melee and it took me a while to find a spot where I could hit it. I noticed other party members were having trouble as well, since I didn’t see their autoattacks chaining either.

(edited by Truthbearer.9708)