Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

The levels weren’t bad, swamp, ice, kitty. What was bad was the loot. There was none. I didn’t get a single rare from any of the chests but I got 1 from one of the jades. We do maw and yet again, I get 0 rares or exotics from the big chest. Daily comes, there’s nothing. I salvage the 1 rare I got as a drop, I get back 3 elder wood logs… nothing else. Only way I can see it getting any unluckier is if I had gotten a healing, condi ring. That would have really put the cherry on the cake.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Clipbord.8726

Clipbord.8726

I know the feeling man, it’s fustrating, I would spend an hour and a half doing lvl 38+ fractals, and literally come out with a bunch of greens and some fractal relics. I could haven spent that time and do cof and make 10x the money doing something soooo much easier then Fotm.

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

I just did a 36 and got nothing as well.

I did a lvl 1 on my warrior that was level 1 and got 6 rares. Go figure.

Time vs reward…

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

i dont know what kitty means but the first two fractals are not good for loot while the chest is of course a different thing.
im surprised because it seems the first time you find that kind of drop from the chests, or perhaps it happened 10392 times and you are getting nervous.

the maw chest is usually quite good and still i find junk most of the time, i still think the others should work as the world event ones.

(edited by Levitas.1953)

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

randomfightfan.4091

Honestly, after making this post, I realized that it wasn’t even a bad run. Almost all of my fractals turn out like this. I might get 2 ectos at the end but the rest stays the same.

I would have sworn that they nerfed the drops in fractals but then I remember back to November when it came out and the loot was junk then too.

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

well i had 6 lvl 38 0 rares run in a row.

That is part of the reason why sometimes i play 2X….on 3X i seems Always to get really few rares but often 0 in Whole run.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Myth.1439

Myth.1439

I think my run 1 post below this one ended up far worse. Can I have a cup for my tears Randomfight?

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Arosa.2647

Arosa.2647

i have had several 3x runs with all green and blue. i have even done some 1x runs with guildmates and some ended with 6 rares while i got crap with personal reward 36 xD.

i think its totally random, sometimes you get only blues and other runs you get lots of rares, no matter wich personal reward you have.

they should look at loot tables or something, because personal reward seems useless :/

[DA] Disaster Area | [HiNe] Hijos de Némesis
Togame la Estratega – Engineer
Marga Sorin – Druid

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

This has been going on for a while. Loot is supposed to scale and become better at higher level fractals.

But there are far too many reports of bad/no loot dropping at high level fractals in comparison to lower level fractals.

Just like the open world loot bug which was widely denied, I really believe something is amiss with fractals. There is no longer any reason to spend the extra time doing a higher level fractal versus doing a lower level run.

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I do 48’s and sometimes get no rares, no cores, and nothing at the end. That’s just the nature of RNG. I agree that FotM’s loot needs to be improved significantly, but as it stands, that’s just the way it is right now.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

I am frac 36 and I have notice the loot in the 30’s is crap, I have seen better drops from 28, lately all I run is 28, I have given up on increasing my personal takes too long, I can be running other dungeons and getting better loot…

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

The levels weren’t bad, swamp, ice, kitty. What was bad was the loot. There was none. I didn’t get a single rare from any of the chests but I got 1 from one of the jades. We do maw and yet again, I get 0 rares or exotics from the big chest. Daily comes, there’s nothing. I salvage the 1 rare I got as a drop, I get back 3 elder wood logs… nothing else. Only way I can see it getting any unluckier is if I had gotten a healing, condi ring. That would have really put the cherry on the cake.

This was nerfed long time ago, you will probably get better rewards 20-28, so much about skill>grind.

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Evil Seabass.5214

Evil Seabass.5214

I stopped doing fractals at lvl 20 because the effort involved to complete the run far out-weighed the rewards for doing so…pretty broken IMO. Killing mega-bosses is the only worthwhile activity these days, from a loot perspective.

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

This repeats daily for me. Every <Lv20 run i do gets me far better loot than my daily Lv48’s. Not even friggin’ kidding. Have only gotten 1 ring out of ~15 dailies from lv28-48 aswell in the last week or so.

Please buff FotM loot in the higher levels. Or make it exponentially better the higher you go or something. Only 3 weapons out of over 100 pristine daily chests sucks hard.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

People do FotM for gold? O_o

1+1 = potato

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I never get rares from FOTM, except for the occasional lodestone at Maw. I kinda stopped doing Fractals after getting nothing from level 40 daily for like 20 times in a row.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

randomfightfan.4091

No I’m doing it for fractal dagger skin. 100+ 48 runs later, still no skin. Hate that dungeon beyond belief and even if I get the skin it isn’t worth this headache. Problem is, I’ve invested too much into it to stop now.

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

I’ve done 48 runs with no rares and barely any greens. Fractals in general are terrible for money.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

No I’m doing it for fractal dagger skin. 100+ 48 runs later, still no skin. Hate that dungeon beyond belief and even if I get the skin it isn’t worth this headache. Problem is, I’ve invested too much into it to stop now.

You know, it is like the waiting game while you wait for customer support on the phone.
You wait for 10 mins, then ask yourself “well I waited this long, I can’t hang up now, the whole wait will be for nothing”
20 Mins later still no reply, but you tell yourself the same thing, because you’ll feel stupid if you stop now.

They got you hooked.

This is why I don’t farm for jetpack either.

1+1 = potato

Unluckiest 38 run ever?

randomfightfan.4091

You know, it is like the waiting game while you wait for customer support on the phone.
You wait for 10 mins, then ask yourself “well I waited this long, I can’t hang up now, the whole wait will be for nothing”
20 Mins later still no reply, but you tell yourself the same thing, because you’ll feel stupid if you stop now.

They got you hooked.

This is why I don’t farm for jetpack either.

At least when I’m on the phone with customer support I can put the phone down and do other things. Then when the person answers I can say, “Please hold on a second, something came but I’ll be right back.” Haven’t had one hang up on me yet. With fracs you actively have to put yourself through the torture that is this dungeon.

I don’t jetpack farm either. I don’t care how much it sells for b/c it looks terrible on me and I know I have crap luck. If I didn’t get anything worthwhile when I solo’d the dungeon I won’t be getting anything worthwhile if I try to farm it.