Unmentioned changes to fractals

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

I overheard a discussion in map chat about fractals when someone said there’d been a few fixes™ to the various fractals that hadn’t been listed in the patch notes. Can someone confirm this?

What I was told was changed was that you can no longer resurrect people at the console from outside the cage in the dredge fractal and that mesmers no longer can use blink to skip the second half of the uncategorised fractal. There might be more changes, but I do not know of those.

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

Yes, they indeed stealth fixed some stuff.
Also in the dredge fractal, you can’t jump on the little tower to kill the champion from ranged anymore.

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

Maw – You cant go behind his head anymore. They put another green block to block the path.

Asura Fractal – Mesmer can’t teleport anymore past the second set of platforms.

Cliffside – Going to take some more research as the bug was never a sure thing but it seems the boss at the end no longer drops his hammer if stacked inside him. He did come down with MS if we stayed inside him so you can just pound on him.

Posted by: moorindal.2635

moorindal.2635

Maw – You cant go behind his head anymore. They put another green block to block the path.

Cliffside – Going to take some more research as the bug was never a sure thing but it seems the boss at the end no longer drops his hammer if stacked inside him. He did come down with MS if we stayed inside him so you can just pound on him.

I rolled Cliffside last night, and the hammer dropped while stacked.

Did anyone notice any changes with Agony Resist? Did a lvl 30 and the agony from maw hit much harder than before. Both myself (Necro w/ 30AR) and our Guard (also 30 AR) got downed on the initial burst and that has never happened before.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Did anyone notice any changes with Agony Resist? Did a lvl 30 and the agony from maw hit much harder than before. Both myself (Necro w/ 30AR) and our Guard (also 30 AR) got downed on the initial burst and that has never happened before.

Lvl 30 fotm will hit 30 AR for 12% per tick. I believe there are 9 ticks on Maw, so you’re looking at getting downed unless you heal, from full health. Even though, if they patched the back, it’s possible you got hit by a squid and didn’t notice your health already starting low.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: moorindal.2635

moorindal.2635

Lvl 30 fotm will hit 30 AR for 12% per tick. I believe there are 9 ticks on Maw, so you’re looking at getting downed unless you heal, from full health. Even though, if they patched the back, it’s possible you got hit by a squid and didn’t notice your health already starting low.

Thanks for the explanation. I always wondered how AR damage is calculated, but never think about it when poking around on the forums. I’ll have to keep my eyes on those squids!

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

I always did fractals the right way. I don’t what any of you are talking about. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Ethics.4519

I always did fractals the right way. I don’t what any of you are talking about. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Oh yeah! er…. the back of Maw? What? What does thaaaat mean?

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

i never used the stack thing in the dredge fractal. just stay near the back wall and fight the champ. that boss must have one of the easiest to dodge attacks in the game, the wind up is so slow and obvious.

that harpy thing is annoying as kitten tho. woe to any who get both of those fractals in one run over 30…

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Ethics.4519

i never used the stack thing in the dredge fractal. just stay near the back wall and fight the champ. that boss must have one of the easiest to dodge attacks in the game, the wind up is so slow and obvious.

that harpy thing is annoying as kitten tho. woe to any who get both of those fractals in one run over 30…

Don’t you just love how they keep fixing all of ‘these’ items, yet harpies have been going invuln forever. What’s up with the 3000+ attack range?

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

True for these bugs Ethics …
Of course, what was fixed needed to be fixed, it’s just a shame it did not come with a complete revamp/fix of fractals altogether, at the same time.
I do hope next update makes things right.

Ethics.4519

True for these bugs Ethics …
Of course, what was fixed needed to be fixed, it’s just a shame it did not come with a complete revamp/fix of fractals altogether, at the same time.
I do hope next update makes things right.

I completely agree. Bugs/Exploits that benefit the player and hurt the player both need to be fixed, it’s annoying when they only fix the ones that benefit the player and leave the ones that hurt them.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

This stealth fix could be due to the fact that new fractals are coming with the next update (see releases) so players will be swarming fractals… I do agree that fixes should come across the board, not just exploitable bugs but AI bugs as well.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Oh, I take it as a little vengeance on their part.

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

Oh, I take it as a little vengeance on their part.

HOW DARE YOU BUG OUT OUR 46 MILLION HP HAMMER BOSS! WHY AREN’T YOU ENJOYING ALL THAT CHALLENGE?

Posted by: Zariuss.2357

Zariuss.2357

Yes, I dont get why those changes arent in the patch notes… Also seems like the last boss in grawl fractal does more damage, im doing 48 daily and have taken him on the first try 90% of the time, but after the patch we whiped like 15 times before we exchanged our 25AR warrior out, althought this wasnt needed before. Seems like he does his aoe attack way more often.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Don’t you just love how they keep fixing all of ‘these’ items, yet harpies have been going invuln forever. What’s up with the 3000+ attack range?

Agreed. I’ve been reporting bugs about them for at least 4 months and we never got a fix for that. And the Jade Maw head thing is easy to get around, it’s not like you couldn’t burst down those tentacles with the enemies around anyway…it’s just so frustrating.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Do the enchanters respawn correctly yet on the cliffside or is that still busted once it fails?

zerotwo.4731

Do the enchanters respawn correctly yet on the cliffside or is that still busted once it fails?

This issue was fixed a few patches ago. They will reset to 2 chanters if the party wipes.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

My group used to roll Harpy instead of swamp as first zone, and me (thief) and our mesmer would stealth through/portal the first harpy zone, blow up the champs/Tom, and skip second harpy part and finish in about 5-8 minutes.

We spent about 15 trying to do the Blink trick the other night. So sad. RIP

zerotwo.4731

I understand that the harpie knockback can be a pain. The best method being melee with reflects. Those that insist on ranging should keep in mind projectiles in GW2 can be avoided simply by sidestepping quickly to the left and right within the small platforms. When doing this the harpies cannot hit with arrows or knockback. Of course the closer you are the better the chance you will be hit. I soloed it with a warrior while my team tried to use mesmer port trick. They didnt believe me that it was fixed.