Upcoming Fractal Changes

Upcoming Fractal Changes

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

Guess I won’t be doing any fractals until december.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

I’m grateful for the changes, but some things have been overlooked.
Mainly the instabilities need to be looked at.
And the dmg output of the enemies.
Aswell as the ability to pick all easy fractals for dailies.
-suggestion: Make it impossible to do the same fractal twice in a row.
Give 1 token for every fractal, caps at 3 tokens.
Boss fractals only accesible with 3 tokens. Tokens are consumed on entry.

I also liked the idea that someone brought up of being able to do the old 4 random fractals in a row system for better rewards.

PS.why does changing values have to take +2 weeks?

(edited by luzt.7692)

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: faltonico.8159

faltonico.8159

…“december”

Are you serious?
Give us a date, compromise yourselves!
And you dare to release new content that should have been available from day one before fixing all the problems we still have with the expansion. Really, How lazy are you?, and how stupid do you think we are?.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

If you nerf their toughness, please increase their power scaling. When I did Mai Trin on lvl 100 it felt like she was doing less damage than on the old lvl 50. On lvl 100 she should one hit low health classes!

Disagree, guardians are already squishy enough with their 11k hp. Don’t need to be one shotted on top of that and since base hp is dictated by class this will lead to some classes not being used at all and discriminated against.

I had no problems staying alive at 50 pre-HoT as a full zerk Guardian. You have so many blocks, projectile cancels, and blinds that things worked out as long as you knew what you were doing.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

it doesn’t happen until it happens™

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

That is a great start! Thank you for the update.

Could you kindly walk over to the WvW team and tell them to get off their kitten butts and post an update on their plans to fix WvW since the game mode and community are hemorrhaging players and going the way of old Ascalon!?

I think… I think I love you for this.

+87,000,000 for both of you.

Edit: -87,000,000 anet for not having this kind of response in WvW forums.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

(edited by Fellfoot.8156)

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

You should seriously consider having the daily 51-100 chest everyday. It seems like on sunday nights you just don’t have it. People have jobs, the days on the weekend are the best time to get together and do that type of content.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Laniya.9520

Laniya.9520

I would hope the ascended drop rates will go back to the way it was. Being able to do one at a time is great. That is something everyone seems to like. But the other things, buying keys and getting JUNK in return stinks. I for one don’t intend to play fractals much until these changes take place. I also expected to have some new Fractals to do since we are limited as to the gold we receive for doing dungeons any more. It ends up being a boring grind, that wasted your relics and gold for receiving junk. Totally a waste of time. I have been getting new players to play fractals, thinking they would start getting some ascended after level 10. Not only did they get nothing, but none of us got anything. Now these people are soured on them and don’t see why they should play them at all.
Our guild ran fractals almost nightly, now…..not.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I disagree with having to buy an item to get a reward. That’s not a reward. It’s a thinly veiled gold sink. I also disagree with hiding core game content(high end fractals and their rewards) that was supposed to come out two years ago in the “Fractured Update” behind the HoT paywall. I shouldn’t need HoT masteries to do core GW2 content.

Fractals aren’t HoT content. If you added new HoT themed Fractals, that would be one thing. You didn’t. You took old content and put rewards behind HoT’s mastery system. That needs to change. Fractals and their rewards should all remain as core features seeing as they are core GW2 content.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

Will opened fractal encryptions be wiped? Because a lot of people (+ me) are going to save their unlocked encryptions until the patch to get better rewards…

I disagree with having to buy an item to get a reward. That’s not a reward. It’s a thinly veiled gold sink. I also disagree with hiding core game content(high end fractals and their rewards) that was supposed to come out two years ago in the “Fractured Update” behind the HoT paywall. I shouldn’t need HoT masteries to do core GW2 content.

Fractals aren’t HoT content. If you added new HoT themed Fractals, that would be one thing. You didn’t. You took old content and put rewards behind HoT’s mastery system. That needs to change. Fractals and their rewards should all remain as core features seeing as they are core GW2 content.

It may seem scummy to not allow base game players to get Fractal masteries, but you have to keep in mind that they are not NECESSARY for doing fractals at all. Also, if you are an avid player interested in the game and all of its content, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be buying the expansion anyway.

(edited by Mal.1670)

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Will opened fractal encryptions be wiped? Because a lot of people (+ me) are going to save their unlocked encryptions until the patch to get better rewards…

It may seem scummy to not allow base game players to get Fractal masteries, but you have to keep in mind that they are not NECESSARY for doing fractals at all. Also, if you are an avid player interested in the game and all of its content, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be buying the expansion anyway.

I am an avid player with multiple paid acccounts that has no interest in HoT whatsoever. That being said I love Fractals. Fractal masteries are required for high level fractals. They also make loot better. There are HoT gates on Fractal content. That’s just a fact. I find it really lame to be honest. I am not buying HoT so I can be rewarded better and do high-end fractals which are base game content.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: TrueCruel.3842

TrueCruel.3842

Is there some proper ETA of the patch? December is pretty long…

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Is there some proper ETA of the patch? December is pretty long…

With their release cadence, it’d be either December 1st or December 15th. I would think the 1st would be more likely, as the 15th should be the Wintersday patch, but they could certainly double up Wintersday with Fractal fixes.

I wouldn’t expect a patch on the 29th for the holiday break.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

They also said new legendary “next year” back in 2013. They also said fractal leaderboards(nobody cares but for argument’s sake).

Let’s say their track record isn’t the best!

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Veneratio.1980

Veneratio.1980

So are y’all saving you boxes or opening them as you go?

I’ve almost got 2 stacks but it m afraid they are gonna disappear or have less value later.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: TrueCruel.3842

TrueCruel.3842

So are y’all saving you boxes or opening them as you go?

I’ve almost got 2 stacks but it m afraid they are gonna disappear or have less value later.

I started to save them for 2 days now, as I needed them before to get the infusions. You don’t loos anything I guess if you save it for the patch.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Saving, I have about 15 stacks, mostly bought from TP.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Will Lucky.8703

Will Lucky.8703

So is this due for today or for later on in the month?

Server: Far Shiverpeaks

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

Really hoping for today, but I doubt it.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Today would be very unlikely, put your bets on the 15th.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

we are planning to ship in December.

Which year?

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

we are planning to ship in December.

Which year?

LOL.

I just realized that actually I have an impressive amount of boxes now. Getting keys for them would be way too expensive, probably would be a good idea to start off with just 10 or something and see how improved the rewards are.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

Good for you that you still can play that ruined content.
Haven’t entered fractals for 4 weeks.

The patch isn’t gonna make it relive its former glory.
People will still do easy fracs,
He didn’t mention anything about changing those stupid instabilities
Or about mobs hitting like wet noodles and we probably know why!
It’ll scare away some of the casual players that got into Fractals since HoT.
Check Fire shaman, 5 elementals during shield phase? too easy
Crits on Ice elemental and weak adds in snowblind frac? too easy
It is far away from the challenge it was before, even it was sometimes annoying with randoms. You can now ignore most the mechanics.

Extra gold rewards isn’t gonna make it fun again.
Let me mail you 100g, is mailbox suddenly the most fun content of Gw2? no

(edited by luzt.7692)

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: softblackcarbon.1537

softblackcarbon.1537

Wait yes. That would definitely make my mailbox the most fun…. If you don’t believe me, we can test it

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Good for you that you still can play that ruined content.
Haven’t entered fractals for 4 weeks.

The patch isn’t gonna make it relive its former glory.
People will still do easy fracs,
He didn’t mention anything about changing those stupid instabilities
Or about mobs hitting like wet noodles and we probably know why!
It’ll scare away some of the casual players that got into Fractals since HoT.

No, it’s not going to.
I still like to think it’s a good first step and adresses the most important issues as of now.
Want to run high scales? Do them. I still agree there should be a higher incentive to run them, including a featured 51-75 and 76-100 daily.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Where is the Fractal Update? Is the Ad Infinitum collection in?

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey all,

I know that some of you were thinking that we’d be releasing updates to fractals today, but that was not the plan. There’s still a lot of stuff coming in December — this is, after all, only the 1st of the month -- so hold tight and you’ll see the fractal changes soon!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

It seems kind of silly to let people speculate and get their hopes up about the fractal changes dropping today when you guys knew it was never part of the plan. A simple “It won’t be the coming with the December 1st patch” would have done.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

“All is vain.”

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Hey all,

I know that some of you were thinking that we’d be releasing updates to fractals today, but that was not the plan. There’s still a lot of stuff coming in December — this is, after all, only the 1st of the month -- so hold tight and you’ll see the fractal changes soon!

Soon… yeah… I mean… it hasnt been over 2 weeks of waiting already for a fix to your BASIC currency.

But then.. at least NOW we know it will be THIS december, and not one of the next few years.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

but that was not the plan.

So… You want to let us in on that “plan”, or will it be one of those 31st of the month update?

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: LoopySnoopy.7923

LoopySnoopy.7923

So why did a dev on reddit (had a dev tag) say 1st patch of the month, I cant find the thread for the love of me.

This once again has backfired and makes you guys look bad.

One sad player here. Please ANET please fix all these bugs that is abound in game. Also get your staff on the same table so they don’t run their mouths when they shouldn’t

Too much agreement kills a chat.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Still trying to understand why some of those changes didn’t come with HoT launch. At least the experience from chests if anything.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: little.6509

little.6509

Hey all,

Just like new legendaries in December a few years back? Two years later after being delayed and delayed there are only 3, and only ONE is possible to make due to bugs. It’s been 10 days and no response or acknowledgement. Your “hold tight” holds no assurance. This company is beyond horrendous with communication.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Hey all,

thank you for the communication, at least it was a bit quick (better late than ever).

But the frustration from many of us waiting for a fix to the rewards is over 9000!!!!!!

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Fractal rewards will be updated right after the fractal leaderboards are implemented.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Doctor Faustus.6372

Doctor Faustus.6372

Hey all,

And when do we get the fix on “Sheet of Aurillium”? – It still blocks out people from getting Astralaria completed.

[vC] Doctor Faustus.6372

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It seems kind of silly to let people speculate and get their hopes up about the fractal changes dropping today when you guys knew it was never part of the plan. A simple “It won’t be the coming with the December 1st patch” would have done.

The the original post simply says “in December” — maybe when it was made there was a chance that the patch would drop on the first and they didn’t know that until later.

Playing this game for more than 3-4 months should teach everyone not to “speculate” about what changes ANet might (or might not) make and when.

(Of course, ANet often does a poor job of setting our expectations. However, I reserve my criticism for when they actually fail to do so. I, too, assumed at first that the fractal changes would drop on the 1st; when I went to double-check, it was clear that was a reading comprehension issue on my part, not a poor job of rhetoric on theirs.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

To be clear, speculation isn’t something we can control, nor will we bounce into every thread that contains a speculative comment to try address it. We did not announce, and never planned for, a drop on December 1st. If you are disappointed, I really am sorry to hear that. I’m familiar with speculation — we had a lot of it as we prepared to release Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Guil… well, you follow my drift. It’s part of the nature of our sharing info about upcoming games, features, or improvements, that someone will speculate a date and that the date — even while never stated by us — may come to be seen as “obvious” or even “official.”

In this case, we wanted to share the news that good things are coming, but as in other cases, a date was not tied to that info.

I just checked with Production, and everything is on track to see the introduction of fractal changes later this month.

Hey all,

thank you for the communication, at least it was a bit quick (better late than ever).

But the frustration from many of us waiting for a fix to the rewards is over 9000!!!!!!

I understand and sympathize. I like what’s coming, but I do know it’s difficult to wait!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Sage Skaggs.9061

Sage Skaggs.9061

“I’m familiar with speculation — we had a lot of it as we prepared to release Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Guil… "
Lol I see what she did

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Hey all,

Hello,
i’d like to get a reply to a simple question: can we stack reward chests to try a better luck after fractal changes?
You said: “In this iteration of Fractal changes we will be increasing the drop rate of ascended gear from your Fractal dailies with an emphasis on high level Fractals rewarding more ascended armor.”
So I am wondering if we should keep dailies rewards or not.
Thank you.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

that’s exactly my question! I’m not sure if I should open these chests or not

[EG] is recruiting!

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

Hey all,

Do we have to wait for the fractal update to get the legendary collections fixed too? You only fixed 1 bug of nevermore IV collection, there’s 1 more to go

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Hawke.1094

Hawke.1094

To be clear, speculation isn’t something we can control, nor will we bounce into every thread that contains a speculative comment to try address it. We did not announce, and never planned for, a drop on December 1st. If you are disappointed, I really am sorry to hear that. I’m familiar with speculation — we had a lot of it as we prepared to release Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Guil… well, you follow my drift. It’s part of the nature of our sharing info about upcoming games, features, or improvements, that someone will speculate a date and that the date — even while never stated by us — may come to be seen as “obvious” or even “official.”

In this case, we wanted to share the news that good things are coming, but as in other cases, a date was not tied to that info.

I just checked with Production, and everything is on track to see the introduction of fractal changes later this month.

This is all irrelevant bluster to cover up your lack of proficiency in actually communicating with your userbase.

I didn’t expect a fractal patch to come today, but i hoped i might be proven wrong. My point is that you were very clearly aware of two things. The first being that you had no plans to ship the update at the start of this month, the second being you being completely aware that the community had started hyping up a release for the next patch.

So would it have really been so difficult to communicate that to maybe prevent the hype train from throwing rumours around? This is an area where you guys always get everything completely wrong, you just have no idea how to communicate with your playerbase. Your job title says “Communication Teams Lead”, but as far as i can see you mainly just post one or two messages on any given topic that is always bereft of meaningful information, leading to wild speculation and animosity. Why not actually communicate with people properly to prevent this sort of rumour-mongering and eventual backlash?

And i’m really sorry, but your sentence where you said “nor will we bounce into every thread that contains a speculative comment to try address it” is at best misguided, and at worst condescending. Nobody is asking you to go into every thread and reply to everybody, but in case you’ve forgotten, you created this thread. This is your thread, this is the thread that you should post information and updates in to stop things getting out of hand. If people continue to speculate in other threads or on Reddit then that’s when it stops being your problem, but you had an opportunity to maintain a dialogue with people here by being honest and giving timely updates. You chose not to, and that’s all on you.

I agree that all the speculation is a little silly, but you have to accept the blame on this one for your poor communication skills when it comes to managing expectations.

This.

Information and communication are supposed to be clear and concise. Those are the basics that were taught in every language classes, arent they?

Teasers are cool, but only when you’re releasing something new, not when you’re trying to fix something that you screwed up.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: kim possible.9406

kim possible.9406

and i really would love anet to at least let us know whats required for Gift of Fractals and Gift of Infinity so we can already collect that stuff.. i had everything rdy for all 3 tiers of the prec when the info came out and now im only grinding the last daily-gated-research papers for my t3..
tbh the fear of something like 250 research papers as component for gift of fractals is spooking in my head ~~

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

You’re all going to have to wait until the 31st to see. If we take any indication from Anet’s conduct the past few months, little (no) information will be provided until the patch goes live. Don’t expect any responses other than “We are being held hostage by upper management and are not allowed to give any useful information whatsoever.”

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: Sulfarius.1756

Sulfarius.1756

Hey all,

I understand and sympathize. I like what’s coming, but I do know it’s difficult to wait!

To be fair. Just making a new thread simply saying “It won’t happen first of december” or posting in the thread about it with most posts / views is really all you needed to do. Nobody expected you to post everywhere, everyone would jump to take a look at the red posts since there’s a serious lack of red posts in many many threads all over the forums.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Hey all,

Do we have to wait for the fractal update to get the legendary collections fixed too? You only fixed 1 bug of nevermore IV collection, there’s 1 more to go

This thread is about fractal changes/fixes. Check out the threads on legendary/nevermore changes/fixes.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Sooooo done with this game.

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Hey all,

Hello,
i’d like to get a reply to a simple question: can we stack reward chests to try a better luck after fractal changes?
You said: “In this iteration of Fractal changes we will be increasing the drop rate of ascended gear from your Fractal dailies with an emphasis on high level Fractals rewarding more ascended armor.”
So I am wondering if we should keep dailies rewards or not.
Thank you.

I’ve started stacking them. I expect that the daily reward chests probably will not be updated, but it takes only a single slot in my bank, so I can afford to wait.