Update on +16 Infusions

Update on +16 Infusions

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

A message from the Fractals team:

As a result of the infusion changes that were introduced with the July 26 release, some high-level agony infusions, +16s in particular, are no longer useful to players. Since then we’ve been monitoring your feedback and proposals for rectifying this issue.

Some players have requested that we extend the Infusion Deconstruction tab on INFUZ-5959 to include agony infusions up to +20. Unfortunately, this is not something that we can do. Due to the exponential nature of infusions, allowing all high-level agony infusions to be deconstructed would introduce up to 180,000 +9 Agony Infusions into the economy. With only ~300 +9 Agony Infusions currently on the trading post, a massive influx like that would be problematic to say the least.

We will instead allow players to trade in +16 Agony Infusions to INFUZ-5959 in exchange for 5 of the new +5 Attribute +9 Agony Infusions, of an attribute of their choice. As these new infusions are account-bound, this will allow players to recoup some value from their +16 Agony Infusions without the economic problems that come from full deconstruction.

For players with infusions higher than +16, INFUZ-5959 will let you break those down into multiple +16s, which can then be traded to INFUZ for the new infusions. If you have a +14 or +15 infusion, you can use artificing to combine those into a +16 infusion, which can then be traded to INFUZ.

We’ve scheduled these changes to go out with our next patch. These options will be available to all players, so when that patch hits, all you will need to do is bring your high-level agony infusions to INFUZ in order to exchange them for the new ones.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Vonmanstein.3645

Vonmanstein.3645

Wow

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

For… ONE 9AR/5attr infusion per 16, or more than 1? Because right now a single 16 is worth 4 9AR/5attr infusions in gold.

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

For… ONE 9AR/5attr infusion per 16, or more than 1? Because right now a single 16 is worth 4 9AR/5attr infusions in gold.

We will instead allow players to trade in +16 Agony Infusions to INFUZ-5959 in exchange for 5 of the new +5 Attribute +9 Agony Infusions, of an attribute of their choice.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

We will instead allow players to trade in +16 Agony Infusions to INFUZ-5959 in exchange for 5 of the new +5 Attribute +9 Agony Infusions, of an attribute of their choice.

; ; too many numbers, accidentally skipped one of them.

(edited by Kasima.8143)

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Will this feature be left in the game long-term and allow another path to the 5 stat/9 AR infusions as an alternative to acquiring large numbers of Integrated Fractal Matrices?

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

this is unacceptable. i have 3 +15 AI. I can only forge one +16 AI with those to get the +5stats / +9AR (that i do not need and can’t even sell). what do I do with the other +15 ? why do I have to fork few more hundred golds just so that I can forge +16 to get AI I do not want ?

please let us deconstruct +14 and above. economy will heal on its own.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

this is unacceptable. i have 3 +15 AI. I can only forge one +16 AI with those to get the +5stats / +9AR (that i do not need and can’t even sell). what do I do with the other +15 ? why do I have to fork few more hundred golds just so that I can forge +16 to get AI I do not want ?

Saying the economy will heal on its own is very selfish.
And 5 “5stats/+9AR” is worth more than a +16 agony in gold, so its a great deal, and +16 AR have only use on Fractals, but now that every slot can get a +9 its not even that usefull a +16. and the +5 stats you can use in all content of the game, great deal.

You know that if they let you deconstruct it you would lose a lot of gold? Because no one will buy that much of +9AR so it will worth a lot of less gold. A-Net is trying to help you, your sollution will actually make you lose a lot of more gold, and hurt the economy.

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

You know that if they let you deconstruct it you would lose a lot of gold?

You know that if they let him deconstruct it, he could potentially gear out several of his other characters with AR?

Amazing how Anet randomly chooses to give a crap about the economy.

Update on +16 Infusions

Hesacon.8735

Saying the economy will heal on its own is very selfish.
And 5 “5stats/+9AR” is worth more than a +16 agony in gold, so its a great deal, and +16 AR have only use on Fractals, but now that every slot can get a +9 its not even that usefull a +16. and the +5 stats you can use in all content of the game, great deal.

You know that if they let you deconstruct it you would lose a lot of gold? Because no one will buy that much of +9AR so it will worth a lot of less gold. A-Net is trying to help you, your sollution will actually make you lose a lot of more gold, and hurt the economy.

In his defense, if he doesn’t need them, it’s not a great deal, it’s junk for junk. His only option is to sell it so someone else can take the deal.

Update on +16 Infusions

OnizukaBR.8537

You know that if they let you deconstruct it you would lose a lot of gold?

You know that if they let him deconstruct it, he could potentially gear out several of his other characters with AR?

But about how easy is to get +9 now ( Its way cheaper to put buy order on 256 +1 instead of buying +9 ), or just do the dailies you get a stack of +1 pretty easy to gear your alts ( this and the potion that gives +15 AR now ).
So yeah most of players prefer the 5 +5stats / +9AR, as it is by a great marging the better deal.

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

He could have used the +16 for one special char before and can now choose again to take these infusions to this char or also split those. It’s more than fair.

They have to be aware of the economy so the decision was more than reasonable.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Update on +16 Infusions

Hesacon.8735

Speaking of economy manipulation…

http://www.gw2shinies.com/item/49439

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

You could deconstruct and make the result account-bound?

Update on +16 Infusions

azizul.8469

still no one can justify why do i need to spend extra few hundred gold to get another +15 to construct a +16 so that i can get few +5stats / +9AR ? i should be allowed to put all +9 to all gear of my characters by deconstructing the +15. ANet is victimizing select few to cover up their own mistakes.

Update on +16 Infusions

azizul.8469

this should have been from the start….

Update on +16 Infusions

OnizukaBR.8537

still no one can justify why do i need to spend extra few hundred gold to get another +15 to construct a +16 so that i can get few +5stats / +9AR ? i should be allowed to put all +9 to all gear of my characters by deconstructing the +15. ANet is victimizing select few to cover up their own mistakes.

Or you can sell the + 15, and gear every other alt you have buying + 1 infusions and trading for + 9 at NPC ( as its the cheaper way )
A-Net is being really nice giving the option for the “+ 5/+ 9” but you can never please everybody.

Update on +16 Infusions

OnizukaBR.8537

Yes because everybody want to have a lot of +9 AR that they cant anything about it, as you would get more +9 then you would use.

Update on +16 Infusions

azizul.8469

Yes because everybody want to have a lot of +9 AR that they cant anything about it, as you would get more +9 then you would use.

i’m not too worry about that.. i can use all +10… no excess of +9…

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

As they were ‘aware’ of the resonating sliver economy? Amazing how Anet feels perfectly fit to absolutely trash one item’s value, yet not another.

Don’t fool yourself into thinking that Anet has any sort of handle on the in-game economy.

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Because no matter what solution they chose, some would not like the solution. So they looked at the options available that they could do and picked the best for the game.

This time the solution didn’t help you. The next time ANet has to do something like this, the solution may land in your favor. It’s just how things work.

You want to gear your characters out in easy to get infusions. You do not need to. Therefore you do not need to spend a few hundred gold for another +15.

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

As they were ‘aware’ of the resonating sliver economy? Amazing how Anet feels perfectly fit to absolutely trash one item’s value, yet not another.

Don’t fool yourself into thinking that Anet has any sort of handle on the in-game economy.

And who cared about resonating slivers’ value? People that control or play the TP. So I am more than fine with such changes.
I’m hoping to see more of them because some mats are way too rare and overpriced.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

really wish this would of happened before I got all my 5/9 infusions…

Update on +16 Infusions

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Don’t fool yourself into thinking that they don’t have a handle on the economy, simple because they get it wrong sometimes.

With agony infusions, right before the update, there were ~300 +9 AR on the TP & 15 +16. If just the +16 were converted (never mind any others), we would have ended up with 2,210 +9 AR. That would have tanked prices on the +9 AR and everything below it, affecting everyone who owns +1 AR and everyone who has them listed on the TP.

Catering to the 5% owning +14-15 wouldn’t have helped them much — the price would have tanked for them, too — at best, they might have lost a bit less, but when a market tanks, people panic and it takes months or years to recover.

In contrast, this method provides a floor to the value of +14AR and higher, preventing the market from completely tanking and without having a huge impact on the vast majority who aren’t directly affected.

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

There was a new build today, but I don’t see where I’m supposed to exchange my +16 AR …
@Anet?

Update on +16 Infusions

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There was a new build today, but I don’t see where I’m supposed to exchange my +16 AR …
@Anet?

It sounded to me that the new options won’t go out until there’s a “scheduled update” which happens on Tuesdays (90%+ of the time). Today was an unscheduled patch, so included just urgent bug fixes.

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Perhaps a better idea, Gaile: Introduce a 6/9, and require something like 3-5 15s or 1-2 16s to trade for it (or even more if +6 unbalances things too much).

The reason I think this is better is because your +16 move only covers 16s. What about the poor saps who built even higher ones?

Update on +16 Infusions

Deihnyx.6318

Perhaps a better idea, Gaile: Introduce a 6/9, and require something like 3-5 15s or 1-2 16s to trade for it (or even more if +6 unbalances things too much).

The reason I think this is better is because your +16 move only covers 16s. What about the poor saps who built even higher ones?

You can break them into +16s and sell them, their price is back to normal again.

Update on +16 Infusions

azizul.8469

@Gaile Gray i hope you guys reconsider your solution. i think the better solution would be to make make the +stats / +n AR infusion tradeable. if those who think it’s a deal let them take the deal, while letting those who think the puny +25stats sucks recoup their gold to restructure their gear AR.

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

I don’t like your solution, ArenaNET. As mentioned, this forces people with +15s to craft +16s.

I am in favor of deconstructing 16s and making the outcome account bound. This should solve your TP dilemma I think?

Update on +16 Infusions

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t like your solution, ArenaNET. As mentioned, this forces people with +15s to craft +16s.

I am in favor of deconstructing 16s and making the outcome account bound. This should solve your TP dilemma I think?

Sell your AR+15 and AR+16 if you don’t want the AR+9/Stat+5.

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

I do want the AR+9/Stat+5 infusions. And you know what? By deconstructing a single 16 infusion you can create 128 +9 infusions. And 3 +9 infusions are needed for 1 AR9/Stat+5 infusion. So I could create 42 AR+9/Stat+5, instead of the FIVE that ANET is generously giving us.

And before you say, what are you gonna do with 42 AR+9/Stat+5 infusions, you need 18 for a full set just for 1 stat combo for 1 character. I have at least 4 stat combos on a single character. So I do have a use for all of them.

(edited by Juclesia Elcritian.8410)

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

I do want the AR+9/Stat+5 infusions. And you know what? By deconstructing a single 16 infusion you can create 128 +9 infusions. And 3 +9 infusions are needed for 1 AR9/Stat+5 infusion. So I could create 42 AR+9/Stat+5, instead of the FIVE that ANET is generously giving us.

And before you say, what are you gonna do with 42 AR+9/Stat+5 infusions, you need 18 for a full set just for 1 stat combo for 1 character. I have at least 4 stat combos on a single character. So I do have a use for all of them.

Aren’t most of the cost of the 9/5 infusions in the stabilizing matrices? Approx 30g for infusions and 80g for matrices. That prices Anet’s offer at 500-600g. Your 42 9/5’s would require you to put in 3000+g.

And if you look at the historical prices, it cost about 600g to make a 16 just prior to the patch (1 ARs were in the 40c price range vs 2+s now).

So you’re right, Anet aren’t being “generous”, but they are replacing the approximate cost of your pre-patch 16.

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

I do understand Anet’s reasoning for not allowing the market to be flooded. However, the solution they have found are quite far from good. I have one +14 infusion that I cant do anything with atm.

Lets take a look at Anet’s solution for my personal case: I’ll have to craft 3 more +14 infusions to turn them into 2 +15, and then those into a +16 to not lose my currently owned +14. So calculating cost of it would look something like this (using +9 infusions as a measurement because they are the currency for +5 +9 too):

-getting five +5+9 infusions just simply by buying it from INFUZ:
15 pieces of +9 infusions and 1000 matrices plus relics that are abundant anyway

-using my +14 infusion:
96 pieces of +9 infusions and no matrices

so 81 pieces of +9 vs 1000 matrices, thats 1300g vs 440g at current prices

so i’m better off if i just throw out my +14 or sell it on the TP

i wouldnt call this a solution by any means, basically what one can do is only minimzing losses and not wealth conversion

enthusiastic noob

(edited by Nimrud.5642)

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

While I do not have 14/15/+16 infusions i can understand people being upset. Being able to recuperate some of the investments by turning them into 5/9 infusions is a nice gesture, but forcing people to invest even more to be able to do that is not an ideal solution. If it is still possible it would be better to allow trading of each type:

+16 -> 8 (to make the math come out) x 5/9
+15 -> 4 × 5/9
+14 -> 2 × 5/9

or if that is considered to high a value:

16 → 4 × 5/9 + 4 × 5/7
15 → 2 × 5/9 + 2 × 5/7
14 → 1 × 5/9 + 1 × 5/7

(edited by Bohantopa.5729)

Update on +16 Infusions

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you want five AR+9/Stat+5, the costs are comparable right now. Building five from scratch (as I type) costs about 500-700g; buying an AR+16 and breaking it down costs 500-600g. Scratch costs you extra relics and matricies, but remains cheaper if you already own all the AR+1 you need (or variations thereof).

If you don’t want the extra stat infusions, then you’re in the same situation as everyone else who needs to break down bigger infusions: we lost some coin with this change. Converting AR+13 into AR+9 (in a series of steps) means we lost all the gold that went into Thermocatalytic Reagent.

And of course, it’s always icky to suffer a gold or wealth loss due to game changes. But we already got great value from the infusions and the new system is far superior to the old. Of course there are transition costs and I’m okay that we veterans have to bear the brunt of them. (Of course, if you didn’t get great value because you invested in these a week ago, then contact support — if you make a compelling case, Customer Service is likely to help out.)

tl;dr if you don’t care about the stat bonuses, sell the high-AR infusions; it’s a loss, but nearly all veterans suffered some sort of similar type of loss

And if you do care about the bonuses, it’s a comparable value in terms of gold.

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

a.) you considered this while developing the new AR system, and decided to keep players waiting for a couple weeks.

b.)you never considered or never knew that some people had higher AR infusions.

So which is it? Were you just uninformed about the game or did you purposefully not inform players?

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think this is a good compromise to maintain value of +1 Infusions (and all higher infusions) while still giving people with those higher infusions the ability to do something with them now that the AR system is different. I know it doesn’t favor everyone, but that’s the nature of these things.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Update on +16 Infusions

azizul.8469

infusion should be available to everyone without having to pay high price. if by allowing the +14 and above infusion to be deconstructed means reducing the price of lower infusions isn’t that good for everyone interested in fractals ? only market manipulators who has no interest in fractal except making more golds are affected…

Update on +16 Infusions

Illconceived Was Na.9781

infusion should be available to everyone without having to pay high price. if by allowing the +14 and above infusion to be deconstructed means reducing the price of lower infusions isn’t that good for everyone interested in fractals ? only market manipulators who has no interest in fractal except making more golds are affected…

The day they changed the infusion system, the price on AR150 dropped, so it’s already cheaper for everyone. Those of us who spent to create ‘stronger’ infusions took a financial hit relative to what it costs now (in terms of AR+1 and gold for reagents).

For the AR+14, you have three options already: sell it; bump it up to AR+16 (to break it down into Stat+5 infusions) or use it on trinkets, to simplify swapping toons.

It’s a one time transition cost, which is necessarily going to be borne more heavily by some players, just as every other change ANet has made to the game that affected items on the TP.

Update on +16 Infusions

Deihnyx.6318

And it’s tuesday and… still no patch…

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: Pirocao.1528

Pirocao.1528

so when is this coming up??? next week?

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

There are some entitled people in this thread. No solution will be perfect for every player. That’s just the truth in a game with such a large population. But this solution was a very good one, and Anet explained and defended their decision. Just because you don’t agree with it does not mean that you deserve to be compensated.

Yes, it sucks to have a +14 or +15 AR infusion but its something that you just have to live with. You don’t deserve compensation from ANet for this, especially since you didn’t even need those infusions to hit 150 AR previously anyway.

This transition was going to “hurt” some players financially regardless of how it was handled. As Illconceived Was Na explained, its healthier for it to impact the veteran players who can afford to absorb this than the newer players who can’t.

Update on +16 Infusions

Deihnyx.6318

There are some entitled people in this thread. No solution will be perfect for every player. That’s just the truth in a game with such a large population. But this solution was a very good one, and Anet explained and defended their decision. Just because you don’t agree with it does not mean that you deserve to be compensated.

Yes, it sucks to have a +14 or +15 AR infusion but its something that you just have to live with. You don’t deserve compensation from ANet for this, especially since you didn’t even need those infusions to hit 150 AR previously anyway.

This transition was going to “hurt” some players financially regardless of how it was handled. As Illconceived Was Na explained, its healthier for it to impact the veteran players who can afford to absorb this than the newer players who can’t.

I generally agree with their reasons, and the fact that no matter what, so people will be left more happy than others.

However, I don’t see what is there to “deserve” or not. People who bought or crafted 14+ / 15+ didn’t do anything wrong, and certainly nothing worse than those who got 16+ AR, saying it was not needed doesn’t matter (in fact it’s not true…). It was a game mechanism and was used by some players.
If you give a compensation for up to 13+, and 16+ and up, it’s only understandable that those stuck in between get compensated as well, or at least complain about it (that’s what got us compensated for 16+ in the first place).

(edited by Deihnyx.6318)

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Patch notes:
“Added a new High-Level Infusion Alterations tab to INFUZ-5959 for breaking down and exchanging +16 Agony Infusions and higher.”

It’s here.

Update on +16 Infusions

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

im possitive there are still order for all these >+12 in the tp since many ppl from that time might not play this game for the “unfortunate” who dont have enough of these infusions to make a +16 or multiple you could sell it to someone that has ordered them