Upset about "Celestial Infusion Chest"

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

So the description of the “Celestial Infusion Chest” says “Double-click to choose a celestial infusion.” Yet you can only choose from red infusions with different stats? So people who wanted a blue infusion essentially wasted their time if they collected 90 tokens from 100 cm. Is it so hard to make precise descriptions?

If you are worried about the TP value of them, just make them account bound or something

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

Are the red and blue infusions the same visually, the only difference being that red is account bound and blue isn’t? I have the red one, but it looks pretty blue to me.

Either way, at least you can still redeem the 90 cosmics for the Endless Chaos Combat Tonic.

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

Is that based on reaching 90 essences and buying the chest?

Because the wiki entry for the chest could be inaccurate, since not many people have gotten it. And AFAIK the chest that drops at the end of 100cm (that indeed only gives you the red infusion) should be different from the vendor one.

Mel.3064

The first people reached 90 essences today, so it is pretty much confirmed. each boss can give 3 tokens, so a lucky run is 9 tokens (very rare).

Also the Endless Chaos Combat tonic is a joke, it only turns you into an asura (arkk). Does not even have skins players have not access to. Should cost 5 tokens max.

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

The first people reached 90 essences today, so it is pretty much confirmed. each boss can give 3 tokens, so a lucky run is 9 tokens (very rare).

Also the Endless Chaos Combat tonic is a joke, it only turns you into an asura (arkk). Does not even have skins players have not access to. Should cost 5 tokens max.

But then again, did those people confirm it or is it just based on Wiki? I’m just asking of curiosity, because I want to know what’s in the chest too ^^.

9 per day? that about equal to what I get in 9 days T.T

Mel.3064

9 is the jackpot (3 per boss), but most of the time you are lucky to get 3 for the whole run

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

That’s really, really dumb…

The blue infusion looks so much better than the red one, and not only that but considering you can’t even sell the red one it pretty much just makes it so that CM 99 is both easier and more rewarding (unless you are super lucky with the blue infusion drop) since at least you get toxic spores and (more?) mystic coins.

With people finally reaching the 90 celestial infusion amount, it really shows how lackluster the things you can buy are. The tonic turns you into a small asura that you could just as easily copy with normal character creation, when it should have been like the fractal tonic but cycling through CM skins (both 99 and 100), while the infusion chest gives you an infusion which costs more gold than a normal +5 stat +9 agony infusion, which you cant even sell and changes your look into something super niche.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

That’s really, really dumb…

The blue infusion looks so much better than the red one, and not only that but considering you can’t even sell the red one it pretty much just makes it so that CM 99 is both easier and more rewarding (unless you are super lucky with the blue infusion drop) since at least you get toxic spores and (more?) mystic coins.

With people finally reaching the 90 celestial infusion amount, it really shows how lackluster the things you can buy are. The tonic turns you into a small asura that you could just as easily copy with normal character creation, when it should have been like the fractal tonic but cycling through CM skins (both 99 and 100), while the infusion chest gives you an infusion worth more gold than a normal +5 stat +9 agony infusion, which you cant even sell and changes your look into something super niche.

Not to mention that the blue infusion makes you feel more cosmic than the red one… If at least you could combine the 2 to get a purple glow like Viraastra/Artsaariv it would have been something, right now it’s bad.

Mel.3064

Seems like blue version is indeed exclusive to master fractal daily chests, probably same rarity as fractal tonics since it is in the same bracket. Pretty lame considering the cosmic infusion only fits this one fractal

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

I agree that there should also be a way to get the blue infusion using 90 cosmics.

As the op stated, just make blue infusions account bound if gotten with cosmics – that way the TP ones will still retain their value given how long it takes to obtain 90 cosmics.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

So, do people still feel 100 cm is rewarding enough? I’ve voiced this opinion before and no one seemed to agree. I consider the rewards for 100 cm pretty underwhelming.

Posted by: AceofDiammonds.2385

AceofDiammonds.2385

So, do people still feel 100 cm is rewarding enough? I’ve voiced this opinion before and no one seemed to agree. I consider the rewards for 100 cm pretty underwhelming.

I find the mystic coins to be pretty nice.

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

Apart from the rng on essences, yes. It’s as rewarding as 99cm and takes about the same time so I think it’s fine

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Amineo.8951

Apart from the rng on essences, yes. It’s as rewarding as 99cm and takes about the same time so I think it’s fine

Arkk is tougher than Ensolyss (and it’s longer too, you can stun Ensolyss repeatedly for massive damage unlike Arkk) and Artsariiv is tougher than Siax, so I wouldn’t say it takes the same time.

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

Arkk is tougher than Ensolyss (and it’s longer too, you can stun Ensolyss repeatedly for massive damage unlike Arkk) and Artsariiv is tougher than Siax, so I wouldn’t say it takes the same time.

Sure, but the events between MAMA and siax take a fair bit of time. I dont rly notice any significant differences in terms of time as a whole, but not all experiences need to be like mine ofc

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is really disappointing news. The blue one is the only one I want, and I was hoping to gradually make progress towards it by playing 100CM daily. Hopefully the Fractals team can do something about this.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

It might be tougher, but Arkk is quicker with a good group because he doesn’t move around so much so the DPS is way higher on him. The event between the first and second boss in Nightmare also takes forever compared to Shattered’s event. The best NM run I’ve had clocked in at 18 minutes while my best SO run has clocked in at 16 minutes (both pug times). So both fractals taking the same amount of time is totally reasonable, though for weaker players, Arkk can stone wall them a fair bit making it take longer.

Concerning the rewards, I believe both types of infusions should have been in the box and the randomness of how many essences you get should be removed, either 3 or 2 or just make it 1 and reduce the amount needed to what Anet deems the number of kills needed. It makes no sense that someone got 90 while I was still at ~70 while doing it every day. Now I’m at 76 while I have a friend at 85 yet we’ve done the same amount of dailies, if not the fact I’ve probably done more. I have no problem with random rewards like coins, armor boxes, rings, aetherblade skins, and the like, but for the guaranteed rewards, I hate them being random.

Amineo.8951

It might be tougher, but Arkk is quicker with a good group because he doesn’t move around so much so the DPS is way higher on him. The event between the first and second boss in Nightmare also takes forever compared to Shattered’s event. The best NM run I’ve had clocked in at 18 minutes while my best SO run has clocked in at 16 minutes (both pug times). So both fractals taking the same amount of time is totally reasonable, though for weaker players, Arkk can stone wall them a fair bit making it take longer.

Concerning the rewards, I believe both types of infusions should have been in the box and the randomness of how many essences you get should be removed, either 3 or 2 or just make it 1 and reduce the amount needed to what Anet deems the number of kills needed. It makes no sense that someone got 90 while I was still at ~70 while doing it every day. Now I’m at 76 while I have a friend at 85 yet we’ve done the same amount of dailies, if not the fact I’ve probably done more. I have no problem with random rewards like coins, armor boxes, rings, aetherblade skins, and the like, but for the guaranteed rewards, I hate them being random.

You think you’re unlucky? I get one of these stupid essences every run and it kittenes me off.