Vale Guardian Break Bar

Vale Guardian Break Bar

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Did they change this? When he formed after the first split, his break bar lasted about 4-5 seconds, then auto disappeared.

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

yes
they changed it that it auto drop fast. hence, the no CC technique is no longer works for us.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Posted by: Crystal Reid

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

Next

Yes the cast time of Magic Storm was reduced to prevent unintended gameplay. I’ll follow up on our patch note procedure to make sure we don’t miss stuff like this (it should have been there).

Also looks like the note about the checkpoint for players exiting the instance after completing the Bandit pre-event got missed as well and that has also been fixed for what it’s worth.

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Thank you for fixing the check point at Sabetha, that was annoying

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Thank you for fixing the check point at Sabetha, that was annoying

No more walk of shame or the lines ‘u spawned there cuz too low dps!’

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Posted by: Lytalm.5673

Lytalm.5673

Yes the cast time of Magic Storm was reduced to prevent unintended gameplay.

“Play how we want you to play” isn’kitten ?

Are you also gonna change Gorseval because you can kill him without taking an updraft?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3vajhn/gorseval_no_glider_challenge/

Les Pirates du Styx [xQcx]
Fort Aspenwood

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

What was the unintended gameplay about his breakbar?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

What was the unintended gameplay about his breakbar?

If you didn’t interrupt him, you could ignore every other mechanic other than the floor change and the orb attacks he casts while in the break bar.

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

You can still ignore it, but just for a few seconds now as it will break by itself

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

How long does it last now? OP said 4-5 seconds, but is that true or just an estimate? I’m trying to decide if it’s better to ignore now or break.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Previous

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

Next

How long does it last now? OP said 4-5 seconds, but is that true or just an estimate? I’m trying to decide if it’s better to ignore now or break.

It should be around 10s.

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Previous

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

Are you also gonna change Gorseval because you can kill him without taking an updraft?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3vajhn/gorseval_no_glider_challenge/

It doesn’t have anything to do with allowing you to play the way you want and so I’d like to share some insight into why we made the change.

We’re actually perfectly okay with players not interrupting a break bar. However what we’re not okay with is having all the deadly mechanics of the encounter removed during this period. Honestly that’s really just an oversight on my part in how I built the encounter. This was the most simple change we could make that was relatively low impact.

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

It doesn’t have anything to do with allowing you to play the way you want and so I’d like to share some insight into why we made the change.

We’re actually perfectly okay with players not interrupting a break bar. However what we’re not okay with is having all the deadly mechanics of the encounter removed during this period. Honestly that’s really just an oversight on my part in how I built the encounter. This was the most simple change we could make that was relatively low impact.

Thank you for being transparent about this. I’m glad you are setting a precedent for fixing unintended gameplay as we know what happens to mechanics when players are allowed to cheese them for extended periods of time (Looks at dungeons).

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Thank you for being transparent about this. I’m glad you are setting a precedent for fixing unintended gameplay as we know what happens to mechanics when players are allowed to cheese them for extended periods of time (Looks at dungeons).

Agreed. Thank you for this!

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Posted by: Xehanort.7034

Xehanort.7034

If you don’t want people to use his channel as free makeshift DPS phase, why not change it so he still does at LEAST the teleports during the channel, and keep the auto-break at or around 30 seconds? for a good dps phase during that, you have to kite the seekers away (cant use ANY hard CC, except for single target fear (necro DS/RS 3 and knockbacks ranger LB4. you also have to be mindful of mesmer TWs, as slow will do a good amount of damage to his bar), keep up the rotations from each segment of the arena all the while dodging/mitigating the AoE’s damage. Now, with all of that going on, you would also have to worry about teleports AND the potential of having vale in a bad section when he auto-breaks, causing a circle to spawn in a lit up segment of the arena.

Or perhaps give him a stacking buff that grants some form of stronger retal that lasts ONLY during the channel, so you can still get some fair amount of damage off, but you have to be really mindful of you and your teams health.

(edited by Xehanort.7034)

Vale Guardian Break Bar

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

If you don’t want people to use his channel as free makeshift DPS phase, why not change it so he still does at LEAST the teleports during the channel, and keep the auto-break at or around 30 seconds? for a good dps phase during that, you have to kite the seekers away (cant use ANY hard CC, except for single target fear (necro DS/RS 3 and knockbacks ranger LB4. you also have to be mindful of mesmer TWs, as slow will do a good amount of damage to his bar), keep up the rotations from each segment of the arena all the while dodging/mitigating the AoE’s damage. Now, with all of that going on, you would also have to worry about teleports AND the potential of having vale in a bad section when he auto-breaks, causing a circle to spawn in a lit up segment of the arena.

Or perhaps give him a stacking buff that grants some form of stronger retal that lasts ONLY during the channel, so you can still get some fair amount of damage off, but you have to be really mindful of you and your teams health.

Or, you know, they could just deal with the unintended issue instead of makeing the FIRST boss of raids even harder and messier for newcommers.

Seriously, what’s the big deal. It was clear from the start that killing VG while he goes into chill spamm mode was going to get fixed.