Varra Skylark

Varra Skylark

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Enough is enough.

I will pay gems if I can have her disappear. LOTS of gems.

http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/4432217

On a more serious note, despite the fact that there is no dungeon team at Arenanet what do you think would be more difficult of a task for them to implement…

Improving their AI, making it so that NPCs can’t attack or draw aggro from mobs at all, or giving us the option to tell them to stay put?

Other dungeon NPCs that have outstandingly dreadful AI annoy people on an hourly basis. It’s crazy how much better of a job that they did with mobs than the NPCs and even those people are complaining about lol. I just don’t understand the point of stupid kitten like this or making Agent Spire move at the pace of a turtle encased in jello in CoE, same with the dredge NPC in SE p2, etc.

Varra, however, seems to be the most aggressive of all dungeon NPCs. Every single one in any dungeon path typically waits for you to engage in combat or to be attacked before chiming in… Varra just shoots EVERYTHING. I don’t get it… why!?

What’s even worse— dungeon NPCs in Arah actually buff elite risen hunters and the wraithlord hunter in P3. Permanent immobilization + axe bouncing (over 5x damage buff) just for the NPC being present… and they CHASE you. Why are the NPCs assisting the enemy mobs, hmm?!

#DownWithVarra

Varra Skylark

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

… and they CHASE you. Why are the NPCs assisting the enemy mobs, hmm?!

#DownWithVarra

This is one of the worst parts. Seeing NPCs running towards you with mobs on their tail is one of the most infuriating things.

When they are engaged in combat with monsters, they shouldn’t “leash” and move/teleport to you until they are dead or an important event happens. Or, make it so when they “leash”, the monsters also drop aggro on them.

Another thing is, it shouldn’t be hard to detect when monsters are directly targeting NPCs. They should not facetank bosses and elites for 10s -60s (and some of them even heal themselves), it makes no sense for that to happen. Make them take big additional damage when they are the ones being directly targeted (which never really happens unless the players don’t want to engage in combat).

Varra Skylark

Purple Miku.7032

They should not facetank bosses and elites for 10s -60s (and some of them even heal themselves), it makes no sense for that to happen.

Lmao, Randal Weyston #1 tank EU.

Spent over 20 mins trying to get him to die to Lupi once. He’s also survived through all 3 phases in solos of mine SO many times without going down. His AI is particularly bugged because he resets every few seconds lol. It actually makes it easier to control him than Varra since he attacks with some kitten sword instead of a rifle.

P.S. I estimate that these NPCs are responsible for over 90% of all harpy feathers and spykits used.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Varra Skylark

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

I just get my revenge on her at the end of the path. Here is the story:
I was gathering reflect crystals for my party at the end of path 1. When I do this, I usually just run around the room until it reappears, then toss elixir s on myself and pick up the crystal and make my way towards the boss room. Then one day, Varra was standing in the center of the room shooting the spiders. Of course they ignored her and continued to chase me. When the crystal finally appeared, I stealthed myself as usual; When I did, every spider in the room instantly turned towards Varra and unleashed (including the 2 champ’s multi-AOE power attack). Despite the massive amount of HP the NPCs have, Varra went down in under a second. I found this quite funny to watch, and now try to make sure she is in the spider room when I stealth.

Varra Skylark

Purple Miku.7032

Lmao

I do that all the time too. Also, she dies REALLY fast every time I get to the crystalline entities. Even if I don’t see her shoot them, she magically managed to just p*ss off every single mob in sight. It’s crazy.