Vastly increased dungeon difficulty

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sages.3496

Sages.3496

the whole not being able to res while party is in combat is stupid
coz you can’t res in these dungeons in combat, you just can’t
i’m here at magg p2 defend and the constant flood of mobs doesn’t give us a second of rest so if one of us goes, we all go

see people like you make sense. and this isnt sarcasm either im actually trying to say i agree with what you are saying. these changes will cause more problems than anet realizes

Sages.3496

newbies dont know the mechs of him therefore alot of them may not want to play dungeons anymore

You wipe, that means you failed. Time to rethink you current strategy and improve. Shouldn’t that be obvious?

dude get out of this post cause now you sound like your so elite that you can do this dungeon without any problems at all. gl with that

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

dude get out of this post cause now you sound like your so elite that you can do this dungeon without any problems at all. gl with that

How is my post being elitist? I take firsttimers for arah all the time.

Sages.3496

this i highly doubt

Posted by: Wasabee.5031

Wasabee.5031

Take me! I want to finish Arah explorer all paths! And can you please tell me how long does it take for a noob face like me to complete it? Do I have to prepare massive golds for repair or with your guidance, I will be able to tag along and leech the achievement? (aka tokens)

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

if they realy wanted to gain players ROLL THE PATCH BACK FOR DUNGEONS!

I would be surprised if the comments like this with pure biased personal opinion not at all fully backed up by logic or statistics not being removed.

look at how many people are kitten off about this change then look at your stupid comments. this change will impact this game regardless of what you think. this makes it realy hard to play dungeons anymore. go do ac explore and tell me you can beat kholer without dying and the boss resetting over and over with newbies. then come post here!

I have. In fact, AC and CM were the first dungeons I tried once the patch released. I talked with all the parties (all PuGs) about the changes and their opinons. Lot’s of people didn’t like them, several times in the dungeon, when a person died, they weren’t able to WP even when no one was in combat. I can tell you what we did:

-I rarely ever get yanked by Kholer anymore and the times I do, I use balanced stance. When several other members get yanked and downed, I use Warbanner to res them or one-by-one.
-When someone fully died during Kholer or Rumblus, I simply took out time from fighting and rezzed them.
-When a sniper snips a member, I stand in front of them with my shield up while another member rezzed.

The things you do to help the team, the faster you can take down the content.

And no, I’m not elite (I practically only run PuGs). I wear beserker gear, I use axes and warhorn, I use mainly offensive traits except for regen banners and condition conversion on warhorn. I often don’t run with stun breakers (I just dodge) and use offensive utilities (FGJ, OMM and Discipline Banner) with offensive food (squash soup for crit dmg and precision).

It is NOT hard to face these dungeons straight.

What is hard is having 2-3 of the team wanting to cheat the mob and either wanting to stand in a safe zone while leaving the others to fend on their own or simply do nothing to add support to a team.

You don’t have to have loads of team support but realize if your team members are struggling, it’s better to help them unless you can just solo the boss yourself. So think twice about what type of tactics and utilities you use when marching into a dungeon…

haviz.1340

Take me! I want to finish Arah explorer all paths! And can you please tell me how long does it take for a noob face like me to complete it? Do I have to prepare massive golds for repair or with your guidance, I will be able to tag along and leech the achievement? (aka tokens)

If you play on EU serv just pm me and if I haven’t done it already I can take you. But I don’t want people to leech because they won’t learn nothing and all my work is in vain.

Posted by: Towren.1745

Towren.1745

When a sniper snips a member, I stand in front of them with my shield up while another member rezzed.

Oh my god, thank you, thank you for restoring my faith in the player base!! It’s so easy to just do basic things such as take a hit (or block) for your team and yet people just don’t seem to realise it. You can join our guild any time, you’re exactly the type of player we take in.

Recipe for Disaster
Guild Leader
[EU] Desolation

Posted by: Wasabee.5031

Wasabee.5031

If you play on EU serv just pm me and if I haven’t done it already I can take you. But I don’t want people to leech because they won’t learn nothing and all my work is in vain.

You are so kind! I will keep that offer in mind once I move to EU server.

Posted by: SirAmikVarse.2793

SirAmikVarse.2793

The new changes made to the dungeons (or the ones I go in) have made them much harder, of course I know theres so many of you that brag about being able to speed clear it with no armor and a stick of celery as a weapon (yeah right, show us your video) but you all have to remember most parties are made up of pugs, pugs make mistakes and pugs dont work perfectly as a team because they all just met each other…

The simple truth is you should please both crowds at once like you did in guild wars 1 by having a hard mode for dungeons, normal mode for fun and hard mode for the ‘no armor with a stick of celery’ people, this is obviously a much better way of thinking. By the way I found gw1 hard mode dungeons no where near as hard as gw2 dungeons are now and would delight in doing them, problem?

If you ask me yes how hard does it have to be? Besides you had heros in gw1 and that was the fun part – not everyone loves to team up with other people in a VERY stressful over hard dungeon just because you want the nice armor or weapons and thats the bottom line, I wouldnt do these if I didnt want the gear because its not fun… please dont ignore this request, please do somthing about it – they are not fun!

And now, for your pleasure, the people who think everything is too easy to tell me that Im just a noob and they do it no problem without a team and blah blah blah

haviz.1340

You are so kind! I will keep that offer in mind once I move to EU server.

Now I’m sure I’m being trolled. Kudos.

Posted by: Silidus.7985

Silidus.7985

I would be surprised if the comments like this with pure biased personal opinion not at all fully backed up by logic or statistics not being removed.

look at how many people are kitten off about this change then look at your stupid comments. this change will impact this game regardless of what you think. this makes it realy hard to play dungeons anymore. go do ac explore and tell me you can beat kholer without dying and the boss resetting over and over with newbies. then come post here!

I beat Kohl all the time with pug groups.. even lvl 35 Pug groups.
Seriously almost every class has skills that not only save themselves but can save the entire group from the scorpion wire attack.

Guardians – Reflect Wall, Shield Wall (Shield 5), Virtue of Resolve (group ageis), Retreat (group ageis), Stand Your Ground (stability)
Mesmers – Reflect Bubble
Elementalist – Magnetic Shield (staff earth 3?) with talents to affect party.
Thief – Smoke Screen

I am sure there are more… anything that blocks, absorbs projectiles, or grants stability will save you from scorpion wire… if you can’t do it, someone else can (assuming you can’t dodge for some reason).

It sounds like people on your server just never bothered to learn the mechanics.

Posted by: Towren.1745

Towren.1745

The simple truth is you should please both crowds at once like you did in guild wars 1 by having a hard mode for dungeons, normal mode for fun and hard mode for the ‘no armor with a stick of celery’ people

Story Mode: Normal mode for fun
Explorable mode: Hard mode for the ‘no armor with a stick of celery’ people

^ They have that system in place already, and it’s how it was originally intended to be.

I wouldnt do these if I didnt want the gear because its not fun…

I think it depends on how you approach it. I find the dungeons immensely fun with the new change. Before the change my dungeon team and I were going through and clearing everything properly, for the fun of it… Playing how it was “intended” to be played. With good team work and communication. We weren’t interested in speed runs, just playing together. Some people found speed runs more fun, or soloing fun, and I’m quite happy to let them do that… The dungeons offer lots of possibilities. It’s all individual perspective. But if you don’t find it fun, well, don’t do it then… some people don’t find WvW fun, and they don’t do that.

The gear is the reward for completing the dungeons. It was supposed to be a status symbol of what you’d achieved. Players who can’t get dungeon gear can get other good looking gear with equal stats from other sources, they’re not at a disadvantage in that regards. If you’re interested in finding a dungeon group to run with check out the Guilds forums page, they’ll be able to help you. Hey, I’ll even take a PM from you if you’re on the EU servers…

But what I, and many players before, and even the Anet Devs all agree on, dying, rezzing, dying, rezzing, until a boss was dead was never, NEVER an intended mechanic of the dungeons.

Recipe for Disaster
Guild Leader
[EU] Desolation

Posted by: nicbet.1820

nicbet.1820

Dear GW2 dungeon team (yes, both you two!),

I did AC and Fractals 12/20, yesterday with the usual group. Instead of smooth, easy runs we went to a wipe fest.

While Waypoint rushing was/is a pretty bad mechanic, taking it out without fixing the ROOT OF THE PROBLEM, is a major screw-up. There are almost no encounters any more where you can stand still long enough (30 seconds?) to resurrect a downed player without major risk to your own life. It usually ends up in a chain reaction and 2 people trying to res a downed player die themselves.

Give us a heal class. Or at least, give us spells to pick up players with a reasonable cast time (5s?). The only reason players WP rushed in the first place was because ressing is so screwed up that just reviving at WP and running back in was the only viable way.

The game mechanics are broken, not the players or the Waypoints!

By the way, my GF who plays Guild Wars 2 with me hated dungeons before the patch, since as a casual gamer they were a good part too challenging. Now she won’t even consider coming along, and tbh. she’s missing out on THE endgame content. Keep in mind that not everybody is a ‘pro’ player with way too much experience in MMOs. The current situation just furthers the gap between ‘noobs’ (not meant in a demeaning way of the word sense) and the rest of the world. Bad design decision.

Sincerely,

NB

Posted by: Silidus.7985

Silidus.7985

Or at least, give us spells to pick up players with a reasonable cast time (5s?). The only reason players WP rushed in the first place was because ressing is so screwed up that just reviving at WP and running back in was the only viable way.

Lots of classes have these already.. and you can move while you cast them.

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

I did AC and Fractals 12/20, yesterday with the usual group. Instead of smooth, easy runs we went to a wipe fest.

There are almost no encounters any more where you can stand still long enough (30 seconds?) to resurrect a downed player without major risk to your own life. It usually ends up in a chain reaction and 2 people trying to res a downed player die themselves.

Give us a heal class. Or at least, give us spells to pick up players with a reasonable cast time (5s?). The only reason players WP rushed in the first place was because ressing is so screwed up that just reviving at WP and running back in was the only viable way.

You weren’t supposed to be alive when you have 2 people who simply drop everything and res. Never have more than 1 person res, learn to res a few %, back up, then go back in again. If you are giving bosses 2 stationary targets for 30+ seconds, then it’s your own fault for dying.

If you are dying in fractals and AC, you are doing it wrong. Stop face tanking anything and learn to hit and run. Unless you are running all necros, you have access to reflect/block skills. So use them accordingly and position as such.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

You weren’t supposed to be alive when you have 2 people who simply drop everything and res. Never have more than 1 person res, learn to res a few %, back up, then go back in again. If you are giving bosses 2 stationary targets for 30+ seconds, then it’s your own fault for dying.

If you are dying in fractals and AC, you are doing it wrong. Stop face tanking anything and learn to hit and run. Unless you are running all necros, you have access to reflect/block skills. So use them accordingly and position as such.

But… but, my Warrior and Guardian can just sit there face tanking and laugh at the mobs.

But in all seriousness. The change may have increased the difficulty to the people who are completely new to a dungeon. But if you are an experienced player, I feel like it’s your duty to help them as much as you can. Team work and yadda yadda.

It also helps to actually learn about what you are fighting. I did some CoE yesterday and it was going smoothly until we went onto path 1 (yes path 1 – the easiest). Some of the people I was with didn’t know how to dodge Alpha’s earth spikes, and they kept pointing the boss at the party, making it chaos.

If you are new to a dungeon or haven’t learned everything there is to know about an encounter, open your eyes and ears. If you don’t know something, speak up. I’m not spouting information to look like a know it all, I’m saying it because it’ll help you and everyone else stay alive.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

There are almost no encounters any more where you can stand still long enough (30 seconds?) to resurrect a downed player without major risk to your own life. It usually ends up in a chain reaction and 2 people trying to res a downed player die themselves.

Another thing one can do besides the ‘rez some and back off’ approach is to just take utilities that you can extend your time to rez. I only personally play mesmer, warrior and elementalist, but they all have different approaches:

-Elementalist has a LOT of ways to help them rez dead team mates. Mist Form, Arcane Shield, protection on earth swap, heal on water swap, the Focus off-hand weapon has projectile shields/reflects and invulnerability. And all that I just mentioned (except for Air focus’ swirling winds) can be used WHILE you’re rezzing without disrupting the process.

-Mesmers have illusions to take attention off yourself, stealth for you or allies so the boss can leave you alone, and with a specific build, you can still contribute decent DPS while sitting around rezzing someone who’s dead. There’s also the distortion shatter when you’re down to your last leg.

-Warrior still has good HP and can be built sturdy. If you’re like me though, and just have regen banners and sigil of life for a bit of extra +heal, you just have to be more savvy and keep yourself non-dead. Endure Pain helps live through direct attacks but conditions go through it. Use shield to defend yourself, warhorn for vigor and weakness, greatsword for mobility and an extra dodge, mace/hammer for stuns (not that useful on bosses) and your wits.

Rezzing isn’t suppose to be easy. When an ally dies, it’s suppose to be a setback. How you recover from a setback will determine success. This does worry me, though, that newbies might be shunned more no matter if they’re sharp and quick learners.

Oh my god, thank you, thank you for restoring my faith in the player base!! It’s so easy to just do basic things such as take a hit (or block) for your team and yet people just don’t seem to realise it. You can join our guild any time, you’re exactly the type of player we take in.

Heh, well I wouldn’t mind a dungeon guild. I just got into a new guild for WvW…they aren’t super great in dungeons :P

(edited by Leo G.4501)

Posted by: nicbet.1820

nicbet.1820

Yada, yada. Hands down here are some facts:

Signet of Mercy – Yes, works. Never have it on bar though because I need SYS shout, Either Wall or reflection or SoA, and the incoming damage reduce signet.

“Search and Rescue”; requires active pet. Need to be within 600 range of pet, resses slower than a player.

Glyph of Renewal. Nope only works in downed state, not in defeated.

Illusion of Life; temporary (permanent if ally defeats opponent). Only lasts for a few moments, then player will be defeated.

Signet of Undeath. Works half of the time, it’s buggy as hell.

Battle Standard. Again, only works for downed, not defeated.

Nature’s Renewal; active from Spirit of Nature. The spirit usually dies extremely fast. Also only works on downed, not defeated.

Now, in most boss encounters, being in a downed state very quickly turns over to being in a defeated state, because of “finishes downed players” and ground-AoE mechanics that Anet seems to love. In a PUG, with casual players, people die fast and a lot. It’s just the way it is. Waypointing was there “revival”. They took it out. There are no alternatives any more. So right now it is: “you die, you lose”. Period.

DancingPenguins.9875

Waypointing was there “revival”. They took it out. There are no alternatives any more. So right now it is: “you die, you lose”. Period.

If you think that way, then you probably shouldn’t be doing dungeons in the first place.

Posted by: Kaede.1267

Kaede.1267

What exactly is so bad about Kholer? Literally all of his attacks give you incredibly long time frame to prepare for. He’s just hard if you are one of those people who are smashing their faces into the keyboard during the fight…

newbies dont know the mechs of him therefore alot of them may not want to play dungeons anymore

Then I would say let them quit. Nothing worse than a newbie unwilling to learn and threaten to quit if rewards are not handed over on a silver platter. Either way I have faith that this change will improve the quality of GW2 playerbase over time.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

What exactly is so bad about Kholer? Literally all of his attacks give you incredibly long time frame to prepare for. He’s just hard if you are one of those people who are smashing their faces into the keyboard during the fight…

Then I would say let them quit. Nothing worse than a newbie unwilling to learn and threaten to quit if rewards are not handed over on a silver platter. Either way I have faith that this change will improve the quality of GW2 playerbase over time.

Maybe. Or it might encourage elitism, gear checks and L2Play, which have already started becoming an issue since the Nov 15th patch. Or it might turn away new players from doing the dungeons.

Since dungeons are tied into the perma-BiS gear, I’d much rather see an easy and hard mode, with slightly different drops and same tokens. Then the people who want to brag can brag, and the people who don’t care about that can still get the tokens they need for other parts of the game.

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Indeed. Because Anet is all about content that segregates the playerbase as well.

DancingPenguins.9875

Maybe. Or it might encourage elitism, gear checks and L2Play, which have already started becoming an issue since the Nov 15th patch. Or it might turn away new players from doing the dungeons.

Since dungeons are tied into the perma-BiS gear, I’d much rather see an easy and hard mode, with slightly different drops and same tokens. Then the people who want to brag can brag, and the people who don’t care about that can still get the tokens they need for other parts of the game.

So why exactly is L2Play a bad thing again? It’s pretty normal that you’ll want to learn to get better at something. We don’t need to lower every standard to the most common denominator.

As for gear-check, that’s purely something on ANet’s hands. They setup a system with vertical progression for some reason, they implemented forced gear check at Jade Maw. It’d be wonderful if you can speak out against this and let them know how ridiculous forced gear check is.

Posted by: Me Kill You.9035

Me Kill You.9035

I think what a lot of people don’t realize is that this is the same no ressing back whenever you want is the system they used in GW1 and it worked fine. If you went down and no one had a res handy you were stuck there until someone came along who did or everyone wiped. Kinda added a bit of fun really because it meant you had to be more careful always when separated from the group a little.

I think that people will get used to the change pretty soon and adapt to it. If you keep running a dungeon and failing at one part, you’ll learn what you need to do differently and run it again more experienced.

Jade Quarry [TPA]

Posted by: DylanLucas.6058

DylanLucas.6058

Still dont understand how this could go through the Q&A, or is your Q&A team some hardcore players?

Creator of Pandion Knights [PK] GW2 – SFR (retired)
http://e-reviews.eu

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

can someone explain why you decided to remove respawning during combat in dungeons? just did a run of AC with 5 level 80, and its near impossible, with us nerfed even more than before and with healing nerfed, it seems that you’ve made it near impossible for anyone to complete dungeons. we’re five fully geared level 80s, i have no doubt in my mind that people who are at the level the dungeon requires will struggle even more than us.

My casual guild and i blew through it with no problems. And one if thm had never een there. You were just crutched or too long.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: salohcin.6834

salohcin.6834

i so enjoying the new patch, it makes those who like support roles enjoying the exp mode unlike pre patch, everything is about dps , no one bother to learn what to do but just dps in the boss face , dieing to any boss in AC is nonsense, AC is one of the easiest dung compare to the rest like arah, CoE. now there even lesser reason for PuGs to kick support roles players ( i got before , omg look at that engineer no dps so noob kick him at boss ,i play a support engineer btw not those stupid genande throwing dps engineer ) If you complain CoE alpha is hard (path 2 and path 3 only , path 1 alpha is way too easy) due to not enough endurance , go get the food which gives you +40% endurance, problem solved and moreover every class have a skill that give you more endurance in a fight for a few seconds , it just that you refuse to use it cause a DPS skill is way more better. I’m so happy and glad for this patch it a godsend

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

the way anet is changing the dungeons calls for more specific strategies at not dying. They will need to implement roles such as hate control, defense support, damage dealer, healing support, etc. gee, sounds like the holy trinity to me.

This first step broke dungeons. let’s hope they fix it with the next step. Until then, people should avoid dungeons.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

The explorable dungeons are supposed to be “face meltingly hard”, people gotten used to mindless playstyle and not learning the fights and even mechanics of their classes properly, hardly can you put all the blame on the developers in my opinion.

But those devs also made the open world game so easy as not to have it make you a better player. Devs did very little to prepare you for the difference. So yes we can just put it all on them.

Would anyone mind sharing a link to solid builds for doing dungeons?

DancingPenguins.9875

The explorable dungeons are supposed to be “face meltingly hard”, people gotten used to mindless playstyle and not learning the fights and even mechanics of their classes properly, hardly can you put all the blame on the developers in my opinion.

But those devs also made the open world game so easy as not to have it make you a better player. Devs did very little to prepare you for the difference. So yes we can just put it all on them.

What class are you.

Asumita.2174

Dungeons now will be heavily be based on survival. Since enemies tend to randomly gain hate, you are generally going to have to spec for maximum toughness. Use omnom pies to supplement heal. But in order to use the pie effectively, you will need to spec for crit%. Guardians are going to be welcome more than ever for their defense support. Since you no longer can rely on rez, staying alive will be of utmost importance.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

What class are you.

Necro, Ele, Guard, Range or Warrior. So not to be over asking, even just one to start with. Say ele, guard or war. Thanks.

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

Puged about 10 or 12 dungeons since patch went live, didnt find any problems , what is this fuss about ?? O.o

Asumita.2174

Puged about 10 or 12 dungeons since patch went live, didnt find any problems , what is this fuss about ?? O.o

you got lucky. bring some blue equipped novice players and let the horror begin. dungeons are now reserved for elite players.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

If you don’t want to wipe use spy kits.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Akame.1073

you got lucky. bring some blue equipped novice players and let the horror begin. dungeons are now reserved for elite players.

Not rly, arah 3 of 5 were never in arah at all, in TA 3 ( 2 in one run / 1 in another run) never steped in TA, one was lvl 53 if im correct, Coe 2 semed to me like they never fought the pilar boss & so on … had a nice dungeon day , althow it started with some players arguing like noobs & some left but then it went all smooth. Lupy went down the third time , once i was the last alive & reseted once a guardian, in TA the arguing guys went all down so i finish the fught solo , the plant thingy … bla bla. This is the only crysis. Found out that is you explain stuff & dont skip if ppl arent expert + dont demoralize them if they make a mistake, improve exteremlly quick + if you have rez sig or whatever & acomogate your skills to the fight ahead = you dont even remember about the new patch.
Basicaly not to be rude , but its not the dungeon , its not the patch, its not the gear, its not the lvl… its only that players abused corpse running & tought they were actually good players, now you can see on the forum they cant akcept is them not the game, wich is sad. The moment you think you re good you stop improving & this is what they did & they remain at a beginner if not even worse skill level.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

First of all, if dungeons are going to be harder, THERE NEEDS TO BE VOICE CHAT TO COORDINATE. Second, what i didn’t understand about this game is the serious lack of class roles.
What the changes should be doing now is making everyone step back and think about what role they should be playing in a party. No more of that nonsense with geared level 80 necros not using Signet of Undeath and not watching party hp. No more sheer ignorance of guardians doing a warriors job trying to do dps when what they should be doing is staying defensive and blinding as much as possible and giving Aegis as much as possible.

As a necro i now know full well that i MUST change my traits to support mode and use a staff as well as using D shroud properly, not wait for hp to be at 20% to use it. There are ways to get out of combat to heal, if your hp is low and you have no healing left, do that and not rush with 10% hp hoping for a miracle (this happens all the time and ends up jeopardizing the party, very annoying)

I believe we can make this work if we thought more about class roles instead of just running for rewards.

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

can someone explain why you decided to remove respawning during combat in dungeons? just did a run of AC with 5 level 80, and its near impossible,

It’s really not. Seriously.

we’re five fully geared level 80s, i have no doubt in my mind that people who are at the level the dungeon requires will struggle even more than us.

You’d be wrong. My guild has actually carried people of the same level explorable through. We used to graveyard zerg a lot, but when we couldn’t do it anymore we actually found new tactics. Your hypothesis that it’s impossible is wrong. Try something new, or find new people to do them with.

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

Posted by: BlondeGuy.4038

BlondeGuy.4038

I quit playing a few months ago, just after halloween. At that time with a full group of 80’s some of the paths of AC were really difficult and we’d be lucky to get 1 or 2 done and we’d be wiping/respawning a lot. Yesterday I ran AC all three paths in just over 2 hours with not one death or wipe, personally I think the dungeons are far easier and better than before. Not being able to zerg death rush is an improvment IMO

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

this i highly doubt

I take first timers all the time. Lupi just needs a bit of explaining but anyone competent should understand and be able to cope.

I wouldn’t take you, though. You’re being extremely close-minded. Maybe this is reflected in game, and that’s why you’re having trouble with simple dungeons like AC?

I mean, here’s how you avoid a wipe on kholer with first timers: “hey guys, coming up to uncle kholer now, just get ready to dodge when he holds his left arm up k?” Simple as that. Someone might get pulled once or twice but after that they should have learned. Given that you’re obviously not reading comments and responding with lines like “you fail stop trying to justify the new changes and just admit things were better as they were” I wouldn’t be surprised if you just ignored something like that, got pulled repeatedly and then came to the forums to complain about it.

Stop it.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

wait wait wait wait wait…people are complaining they can’t do these dungeons and they are trying to run them in blues and greens?

Jesus christ, even showing up to a dungeon group in that gear is offensive and you should feel bad.

I’ve done AC and CoF on 2 characters (4 runs each) since the patch and haven’t had an issue yet. If you aren’t running exotics and superior runes you should feel bad for wasting your parties time.

haviz.1340

I take first timers all the time. Lupi just needs a bit of explaining but anyone competent should understand and be able to cope.

I wouldn’t take you, though. You’re being extremely close-minded. Maybe this is reflected in game, and that’s why you’re having trouble with simple dungeons like AC?

I mean, here’s how you avoid a wipe on kholer with first timers: “hey guys, coming up to uncle kholer now, just get ready to dodge when he holds his left arm up k?” Simple as that. Someone might get pulled once or twice but after that they should have learned. Given that you’re obviously not reading comments and responding with lines like “you fail stop trying to justify the new changes and just admit things were better as they were” I wouldn’t be surprised if you just ignored something like that, got pulled repeatedly and then came to the forums to complain about it.

Stop it.

Exactly, I even prefer firsttimers than so-called dungeon masters who would only glitch bosses, use inefficient and slow tactics and were unreformable because they know better – “check my title”.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

AC explorable is a lvl 35 dungeon……..
remember this….

Some elitist pretended that could be made easily at 35, i never saw any groups doing that…..

Most common are lvl 80 in exotic….

Issue with dungeons is they give exotic prizes…thus some players runs them for prizes rather than for fun.

That is the issue.
They should rebalance drops and difficulty according to lvl..
Give only rare for tokens or just reduce the amount of tokens you get from simple dungeons and balance them around their LVL…..

Note as today one of the best skins in the game (AC weapons) is considered for newbies

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Oh you have to run back for 3minutes? Big deal. Its a low punishment for wiping. I think wiping should cause the dungeon to fail so you have to restart completly.

Too weak. I think wiping should uninstall the game and format your hard disk.

i agree but it should also install a virus that will blow up your computer.

Still too weak. Anet should conjure special magic where the players die exactly how they died in the game.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Akame.1073

@Arctic wow & hard dont go together since the WOTK expansion, thx 4 your nonconstructive post & proving my point exactly – youre the the type of player with a destructive attitude wich in the long run are actually bad for the community.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Yawn. Nothing to see here folks. More people that have been on crutches since launch..relying on combat rezzing.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Akame.1073

wait wait wait wait wait…people are complaining they can’t do these dungeons and they are trying to run them in blues and greens?

Jesus christ, even showing up to a dungeon group in that gear is offensive and you should feel bad.

I’ve done AC and CoF on 2 characters (4 runs each) since the patch and haven’t had an issue yet. If you aren’t running exotics and superior runes you should feel bad for wasting your parties time.

This is just ridiculous, if you are only able to do dungeons in full exo you re doing something wrong , the way the game is designed you can ever go naked & still finish the dungeon. It might take more time due to lower dps output but who cares. I presonally rather have a skilled player without gear than a fully geared nub whom i spent most time reviving. I i dont mind running with players with the minimum lvl requirement in dungeons, those are actually more focused on the run & arent so kitteny + you can also make friends that way & that player my also become one of the most skilled or recognized players on that server, or he can join your guild & become an valuable asset to you & your guild. So plz dont sprout nonsense this isnt wow.This is an MMO not a solo campain game.

Posted by: iced cooly.5794

iced cooly.5794

People should feel bad because they don’t have full exoctics? lol

Honestly, it is a fun game not slave labour. Dont feel bad poeple.

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

o.O really? i felt like they had all gotten nerfed…. but then again i was one of those that never CHEATED!! so i actually learned how to complete the dungeon without exploiting the kitten out of it so now when i dont have to 1-3 man it with 2 morons refusing to not exploit and thereby being useless for us its properly feel easier since its now 5 people actually fighting….

1 step in the correct direction now punish the kitten exploiters which have done it forever! yes ty