Veteran dungeons/fractals/world bosses

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Offerande.5240

Offerande.5240

Hey peeps

This could be a very fun and good addition for Guild Wars 2

1: Veteran dungeons path’s. Special dungeons path’s for very experience players in Guild Wars 2. Only for the best players in Guild Wars 2 whit great builds and the best weapons, suits of armor and rings. And it requires more cooperatio and plans
2: Veteran Fractals. level 50 is not the end. It has to go to veteran difficulty. Only for the best players in Guild Wars 2, with the best armor, weapons and rings. And excellent cooperation
3: Experiences players in Guild Wars 2 should have a harder difficulty level and the newer lower. The higher your achievements points how more difficult the enemies shall be. The dungeons are scaled to the highest achievements point
4: Veteran World Bosses only for experience players in Guild Wars 2. Need excellent cooperation and timing between different types of attacks and spells

This change can fun for everyone and remain great challenge. The experienced players in Guild Wars 2 getting increasingly harder difficulty level

Posted by: Subi.8014

Subi.8014

The higher your achievements points how more difficult the enemies shall be. The dungeons are scaled to the highest achievements point.

You’ve got to be kidding me…

Subi [qT]

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

The higher your achievements points how more difficult the enemies shall be. The dungeons are scaled to the highest achievements point

I lol’d so hard. Pls add this.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Didn’t you guys know that AP is the one and only true way to gauge one’s personal skill level in this game?

Offerande.5240

These few ideas to make Guild Wars 2 be more intensely and greater challenges. And surely more fun in the end

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

Lol at using AP to scale the difficulty !
AP doesn’t mean a thing to dungeons/fractals, except that the player also farmed completely unrelated stuff.

Offerande.5240

Lol at using AP to scale the difficulty !

For the new people in the game begins easily. But the longer you play, more difficult it will be. So keep your big challenge in the game. And you get greater appreciation at the end. Plus you get better rewards in the end.

Can be fun

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

AP do not equal skill.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

3: Experiences players in Guild Wars 2 should have a harder difficulty level and the newer lower. The higher your achievements points how more difficult the enemies shall be. The dungeons are scaled to the highest achievements point

Anet. Pls make this happen now.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

I have 11k AP, can confirm I am a scrub where I feel I did not deserve 80% of my AP.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

Offerande.5240

AP do not equal skill.

People will getting more experience with such a system. Because there is always challenging. It drives people to the limit

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

grins We can’t even get people to stop making the nerf zerker/meta threads. They are convinced we just spam one and burn stuff down. Any system that raises the bar is not going to go over well with the casual community. if its automatic and they have no say in it, then it will be even worse.

Truth told the people i see with the highest AP totals are usually the worse ones who join my groups in dungeons. (I am referring to anyone above 20k, in my experience)

Not to mention such a system would make it more difficult to go back and help newbies with dungeons and such.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Offerande.5240

Talyn.3295
Not to mention such a system would make it more difficult to go back and help newbies with dungeons and such.

For the new people in the game is easy in the beginning. It is slowly becoming more difficult. And when it become more difficult, there should be greater cooperation. So it remains accessible for all. and there remains a significant challenge

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

The higher your achievements points how more difficult the enemies shall be. The dungeons are scaled to the highest achievements point

No offense OP I get your idea but the whole achievement points is a not really a sound strategy. I been playing for two years and only have 6k AP. Why so low, because I enjoy wvw, pvp, and Fractals. I’ll do COE and Arah to teach my new guild mates. having 20k achievements is dedication to achievement farming. Not learning the animations to enemies or encounters. I rather play with pugs that have less then 3K ap that run dungeons/fractals daily then some achievement farmer

Posted by: stachekiller.2591

stachekiller.2591

LFG Zerk Ping Gear <1000AP

Offerande.5240

Too bad that it is impossible to maintain a normal forum debate. I’m talking about veteran PVE paths and fractals. Besides the normal PVE and fractals.
I’m not talking about: new people scare away. That sort of thing.
Am done with it. Was just some ideas, not an attack.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

No offense OP I get your idea but the whole achievement points is a not really a sound strategy. I been playing for two years and only have 6k AP. Why so low, because I enjoy wvw, pvp, and Fractals. I’ll do COE and Arah to teach my new guild mates. having 20k achievements is dedication to achievement farming. Not learning the animations to enemies or encounters. I rather play with pugs that have less then 3K ap that run dungeons/fractals daily then some achievement farmer

gosh i have 17.5k and all i do is complete most of the living story cheevos as new chapters come out

because sometimes i get tired of running the same things over and over and over and over and at least living story is different for a day

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Didn’t you guys know that AP is the one and only true way to gauge one’s personal skill level in this game?

Yeah I agree, when someone has 10,000ap because he does dailies/monthlies/PvP, he’s suddenly better at dungeons than someone with 2000ap that does dungeons every day

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Then have a counter of how many tokens of a certain dungeon someone has acquired and scale it up that way (infinitely) until eventually you cannot beat the place. That will be fun to watch.

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

I would pay to watch some of the LS farmers struggle to complete level 1 fractals in which all the mobs are all buffed to scale 70

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Buying fresh accounts every time you want to set a path record new meta confirmed.

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

How about something like the Queen’s Gauntlet gambits for dungeons. Would love to see this, pay 1 dungeon token or 10 to enable a gambit which gives increased rewards per gambit.

They could add the following as examples:

• Exhausted – Out of Endurance (Energy sigils and traits affecting endurance are disabled)
  • Weakened – Permanent Weakness, cannot be removed
  • Escalating Trouble – Killing a boss causes it to revive and follow you around the dungeon (similar to Mossman in Fractals lvl 31). Or fighting a boss causes another random boss from the same dungeon to spawn at the same location (would have to be limited obviously due to some boss mechanics). Or mobs would spawn randomly around the boss from the same dungeon (elite hunter, ele, mage, illusionist etc for Arah for example)
  • Frail – Increase incoming damage by 100%, negates protection
  • Plagued – Gain a random condition every 10 seconds that lasts for 10 seconds.
  • Ticking Time Bomb – Gain a debuff in combat lasting for x amount of time. When the debuff expires, you are instantly killed (no downstate). Debuff is removed when you are out of combat and resets when you re-enter combat.
  • Spotted – You cannot stealth
  • Not Critical – Enemies cannot be critically hit

There are many gambits that could be thought of or better ways to do them these are here merely as examples.

(edited by Titanimite.2534)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

How about something like the Queen’s Gauntlet gambits for dungeons. Would love to see this, pay 1 dungeon token or 10 to enable a gambit which gives increased rewards per gambit.

Been suggested many times, not sure why they don’t want to, it’d be a nice thing to make dungeons a bit more entertaining.

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

Been suggested many times, not sure why they don’t want to, it’d be a nice thing to make dungeons a bit more entertaining.

Yes I am aware of this but thanks for mentioning it. It was even datamined at one point to my knowledge. Just wanted to bring it back up as I feel this is a great idea and needs more attention.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Instead of making the mobs scale with your gear and builds(??) maybe just add a debuff that for every piece of berserker gear you have you deal 10% less damage.
Call it “tryhard elitism”. Kinda like the fractal instability is called.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Instead of making the mobs scale with your gear and builds(??) maybe just add a debuff that for every piece of berserker gear you have you deal 10% less damage.
Call it “tryhard elitism”. Kinda like the fractal instability is called.

Brood not, brothers of the Berserker’s Branch, though bruised may our backbone be, should this blight be brought upon us to blunt our brawn, a beacon of hope still breathes. Affected not by this atrocious ailment, the Association of the Assassin shall aid us on our affray.

Jokes aside, it would be funny if an stability completely negated your gear’s stats and instead gave you an equal amount of their counterparts.