Vial of condensed mists essence

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Brewster.5473

Brewster.5473

Do these still drop from trash mobs in low level fractals? I read somewhere that they did so I’ve been going in at lvl 1-2 but no vial yet. Am I wasting my time? I do get drops in the aquatic one, the harpy jumping puzzle and the grawl volcanic fractal. In the swamp and the urban fractal nothing drops at all.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

As far as I know they should drop in sub 10 fractals. I wouldn’t worry about farming them though. Just do the fractals normally and they’ll come. It’s better to get globs and shards anyway, which you’ll get above 10.

Globs : 10-19
Shards: 20+

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

They do drop but the drop rate is low. If you have any globs you can turn them into vials in the mystic toilet.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

they drop from jade colossi at all levels

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

I got 2 shards of mists in my first time on lvl 20.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Ascalon and Dredge are the obvious choices if you really want to try and get some.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Focus on getting higher up and get the shards. TBH, they are pretty useless after you infuse the back piece. Don’t bother using them to infuse rings since rings come more often then shards. At lvl 20+ the rings are already infused too. I have a pile of shards that just sit in my bank. Just another useless item.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Except a lot of people want rings that go with their builds. I have yet to get an infused ring that any of my characters would use. If shards are so useless then no sense in letting them sit in your bank when you can upgrade a ring with the stats you want to the infused version.

And for clarification, infused rings start dropping at level 20 but the regular rings are still part of the drop table until you hit level 26.

Posted by: Brewster.5473

Brewster.5473

Thanks for the responses. The main thing I want now is a vial for the back. Don’t like the fractals all that much, seems I am never the right level but since it is currently the only way to ascended gear I guess I need to bite the bullet and get more of them done. Thanks again!

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Thanks for the responses. The main thing I want now is a vial for the back. Don’t like the fractals all that much, seems I am never the right level but since it is currently the only way to ascended gear I guess I need to bite the bullet and get more of them done. Thanks again!

You can get it with Laurels, WvW Badges + Laurels, and Guild Missions. The only thing you need FOTM for is the backpiece.