Vizunah Square-like Dungeon

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

If Anet added a dungeon with a similar mechanic to Vizunah Square from Factions, would you run it? For those who don’t know, Vizunah Square was an instance in GW1 where 2 parties were randomly paired, they’d start off separate and meet in the middle finishing the instance as a merged party.
Before players did it because your progression was barred behind your mission progress so all missions were mandatory. Since GW2 doesn’t take this approach, what do you thing would be an appropriate reward?

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Sounds fun, but we could also just use some 8/10/12 man instances :>

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Not only Vizunah Square, also Unwaking Waters were with 16 players. It was a very fun idea and I would appreciate it. It comes near to a more or less organized raid.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

Yes please!
15Sylvaris

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Yes, I would.

/15chars

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: notabot.3497

notabot.3497

It would be more fun than the LS 200+ zerg fests that still fail more often than not that we have now.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

It would be more fun than the LS 200+ zerg fests that still fail more often than not that we have now.

That’s just anet’s inability to scale content properly to the number of players. It’s actually kind of surprising at this point that the scaling isn’t better. The last 10 LS updates have all been mass zerg events. You would think they would have it down by now.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I once saw an intervie wit Colin Johanson and he was asked to have dungeons with more than 5 people. He then vehemently denied that and they stick to only 5-man parties.

I don’t get that, why won’t they do that? It would give us the opportunity to finally have bigger organized groups to do content as hard as Tequatl, Wurm or even harder.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: notabot.3497

notabot.3497

That’s just anet’s inability to scale content properly to the number of players. It’s actually kind of surprising at this point that the scaling isn’t better. The last 10 LS updates have all been mass zerg events. You would think they would have it down by now.

The problem with scaling is that the system is built to handle groups of 5. Boons and stuff only affects 5 targets, so you can’t really do much in fights other than spam good skills and hope the people receiving them make good use of them. Another problem is that its so chaotic and the average PVE LS farmer is terrible, as in a monkey flinging poo at the keyboard is more qualified to play the game. If they make it so that any old idiot can clear the content it because too easy and becomes a farming event (like the old WB fights used to be). They make them hard (like Teq, karka queen to a lesser extent, and the wurm boss) and it just doesn’t get done outside of organized groups or WB tours after reset (and even then they don’t do teq or wurm). The issue is that as soon as a group capable of clearing those events gets started a train of cleric or worse event leachers into the event scaling it up without contributing anything of value. Teq is pretty much done on overflows only now to prevent open world leaches messing things up, and I suspect the same is true of wurm (I never bothered more than a couple times with that event).

Another example is the original temple of grenth event, it was pretty easy but as soon as somebody called out the event on map chat a ton of idiots would show up and pull shades onto the npc and cause it to fail. Then people realized you could farm it by making it fail on purpose. The nerf was to make the event even “harder”… Yeah, I soloed the risen priest of that from 100% to 20% before a couple of people showed up to help finish it. Wasn’t hard at all. Next time I tried to solo it, but somebody called in mapchat and suddenly 50 people were there, the event scaled up, and failed in 20 seconds due to idiots standing on the stairs pulling shades. It actually gets done pretty frequently now by larger groups because the bads have stopped farming Orr and moved onto the LS, FG, and QD trains.

I would really like to have 10-15 man organized groups, fights similar to how the temple fights are really meant to be done (instead of100+ zergs trying to overpopulate the scaling cap, or a handful of people who do the events late at night to avoid the primetime scrub scaling). If done similar to vizunah square it would play similar to the temple of balth event. Multiple groups doing their chain, then meeting up for a final push on the end boss. Hell Arah would have been perfect for this sort of content from a fluff perspective.

Anyways I’m probably just wishlisting, but if they ever get around to giving up more elder dragons or more zones/dungeons open up for us, I would really like at least one group event that is instanced instead of open world. While I can’t really go back to playing GW1, I just get the feeling that there was more worthwhile things to do at any one time in that game than this one.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

…snip…

I totally agree.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Oh yus and when no other party joins you get the charr NPCs from the urban battleground fractal to help you.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want