Vote-Kicking Abuse

Vote-Kicking Abuse

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: WindFall.1479

WindFall.1479

I’ve started seeing some player reports about parties kicking the odd man out for immoral reasons. The first one I saw was in Lion’s Arch on the Sea of Sorrows server. There was someone who claimed that he was kicked from a fractal right before the Jade Maw because the other 4 party members decided to use the remaining party slot as a buy-in for the daily and chest. Even if it was true, I chalked it off as an isolated incident, but then this reddit thread was created 10 hours ago.

A number of comments have told stories about being kicked as a scapegoat. The top comment interested me because of the fact that you only need two to kick someone out of the party. For the player that was kicked, he can’t track down the party members that kicked him because there’s no way to get player names after leaving a recent party. From what I understand, the only ways to do so is to friend every member to keep on record as a safety measure, or hope that you memorized/written down those names.

It may be too early to say concretely, but it’s starting to seem like the vote-kick system can be abused too easily. I don’t know if this is something that can be solved by players alone or with dev intervention, but I believe this is something that needs to be said.

Vote-Kicking Abuse

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

It’s gotten to the stage for me that if i’m in Pugs and there’s two or more people with the same guild tag,i insist on going in first,just so theres no chance of me getting kicked at the end or something.

Vote-Kicking Abuse

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

A simple solution could be to make it majority vote to kick someone.

I see that as a quick and easy fix that will alleviate the problem. If they go any further then the unforeseen consequence would be that it could be exploited in a different manner to grief people. (Sometimes it’s neccessary to be able to kick a badly behaving player)

At the end of the day if it still happens then the only thing you can do is report via the support forums and hope ANET has the logging system in place so they can punish the abusers.

Vote-Kicking Abuse

Posted by: Jabiacas Horologium.4976

Jabiacas Horologium.4976

Agreeing with DeathPanel here. Also sometimes someone needs to be kicked because they DC/log and don’t come back. Along with the logging system and majority vote there should be a “reason box” added when someone initiates the vote, it might save someone in the case of 2 guildies trying to kick to sell a spot whil the other 2 members didn’t agree that the 5th deserved a kick. It would probably not help save a pugger in someones 4 man guild group, however teamed with the log system it would help determine the offense from all sides for the support/gw2 team and help with their decisions.

(edited by Jabiacas Horologium.4976)

Vote-Kicking Abuse

Posted by: LYTHIS.5107

LYTHIS.5107

I got kicked on the last fight lvl 48 FOTM and 2h of Dungeon by some French ppl today .
Nice going guys !

Vote-Kicking Abuse

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

So glad I have a regular dungeon group.