WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dawnstrider.3570

Dawnstrider.3570

If you dont know what i mean. Go run AC P1 and tell me what u think having gravelings knocking u down while still being knockdown already? All you can do is look at your char die.

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

WOW!! That Stunbreak!!!

much blind
so do(d)ge

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

The gravelings have a very obvious wind-up animation before they use their knockdown. You can avoid it pretty easily if you just time your dodge well enough. Also, stun breaks and stability are your best friend in AC, so make sure you bring those along as well.

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

It is actually Launch.

should’ve bring stability and stun breaker ( it works now on launch).

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: Dawnstrider.3570

Dawnstrider.3570

I carry my stability and stun breaker all time. It’s hard to time them, when there are so many things going on in your screen.

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

I carry my stability and stun breaker all time. It’s hard to time them, when there are so many things going on in your screen.

you just need to run it more often .

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: DivineSlayer.5039

DivineSlayer.5039

Pop stability when running through a crowd of mobs, if you get knocked down pop the stun breaker. When you see them charging the animation, dodge. Also use any mobility skills you have to charge through large groups.

[DnT] Thief Main

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

black powder says hi

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

This is actually a pretty easy mechanic to deal with, even if you can’t dodge it. What class are you and maybe we can provide advice (if you actually want any)

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

The trick with ACp1 gravelings (at least the scepter hunting room at the beginning) is to kill burrows fast enough so that you never spawn too many gravelings. Same thing with lover’s chamber in ACp3. If you kill things fast enough, then your dodges (if you pay attention to their wind up) and a few stunbreaks are easily enough to get past the gravelings launching.

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Ele ice bow is so lovely in AC. <3

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

h-h-hallowed ground

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

It is actually Launch.

I think he’s talking about scavengers, not stalkers.

This is an issue with GW2’s CC in general. AC actually has far less graveling scavengers than it used to. Arena Net chose to simply remove most of them, instead of fixing the flawed game mechanic.

Just about every other game with CC has mechanisms to deal with this (temporary CC protection / diminishing returns), in GW you’re basically at the mercy of the RNG. Get lucky and you don’t get stunned at all, get unlucky and you’re hit with 8 CCs in a row right after you’ve used your stunbreaker. That’s why they removed so many scavengers from AC.

Player CC is also nearly useless against many mobs, because their “defiant” buff stacks too high (which was Arena Net’s hamfisted solution to prevent players from chain-stunning mobs). There’s another thread about that.

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

in GW you’re basically at the mercy of the RNG. Get lucky and you don’t get stunned at all, get unlucky and you’re hit with 8 CCs in a row right after you’ve used your stunbreaker.

the fok you talkin’ bout m8

Defeated by packet loss.

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

My favourite knockdown mobs are the gorillas in arah. Chain those 6 second knockdowns yo!

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Either dodge, you get the timing with some experience. Or just use a stun break if you are on the floor. Very easy.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I find arah gorillas much more annoying. I’d want to have dat 5 seconds knockdown meself, to treat mobs with it.

EU Aurora Glade

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

The worst part about the gorillas is that kittening 1000 year weakness that they apply which is unblockable. Weakness has been one of the most annoying bullkitten conditions ever since they buffed it.

Yes, my jimmies are rustled.

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Nothing like a 100% glancing 100b!

WOW!! That Knockdown!!!

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

There is actually a weird glitch i got once in AC P1. Where stability and stunbreak didnt save me and i was stuk in a continuous knockdown loop :/. I’ll never forget cuz i did everythign to survive it. I really did have to watch myself die!