Warmaster Grast needs a fix.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Warmaster Grast is a hammer Guardian using autoattack mainly.
The problem is that every time he’s using the third part of autoattack (with long cast time), he will not use the bubble to protect the team in path 3.
This basically makes the encounter RNG-based; if he’s using that autoattack (very likely) he will not protect the team, if he’s not he will.

Also, in general, I think that having players rely on AI for a boss fight isn’t a very good idea.
AI in games will rarely be using his skills efficiently and depending on the situation, this is even more true in GW2 that is a reaction-based game and using skills in a timely manner is fundamental.
If instead of him we got an environmental weapon that casts the shield we could get a player to use it timely.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I had this awesome run the other day where he was alive, but wouldn’t engage Colossus at all and thus wouldn’t use his bubble. My guild group had the time of our lives being forced to beat CR without the bubble to save us from the falling rocks, but we did it!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

That’s not the first time I’ve heard that, but I’ve never experienced it myself.

The only time I caught Grast missing a bubble it’s because somebody let him facetank and he took one of those knockback melee attacks to the chin and wasn’t recovering in time. Ever since I saw that, I’ve made an effort to keep the boss pointed away from him, and I’ve never had any problems on this fight.

I have a theory that the melee-knockback can knock his autoattack ‘out of rhythm’ with the boss’s ceiling attack. I don’t know that for sure, it just doesn’t happen to me, but that’s my best guess.

Whatever’s happening. It seems most of the solutions to NPC woes in this fight are based in control or support. And you know what? That’s ggggrrreeeaaaattttt. I don’t even care if it’s intentional or not, We need more problems like this.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: Kibbles.9813

Kibbles.9813

The way to reliably beat the final P3 encounter is to spam Daze / Stun skills at him until Defiant wears off, then interrupt his cave-in ability right as it starts. After that, you immediately have to remove the 3 Defiant stacks again to prepare for the interrupt. While the fight takes forever this way, you won’t be reliant on a bugged NPC potentially not using his shield bubble.

Kynn Snagtooth [TCFM] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That’s not the first time I’ve heard that, but I’ve never experienced it myself.

The only time I caught Grast missing a bubble it’s because somebody let him facetank and he took one of those knockback melee attacks to the chin and wasn’t recovering in time. Ever since I saw that, I’ve made an effort to keep the boss pointed away from him, and I’ve never had any problems on this fight.

I have a theory that the melee-knockback can knock his autoattack ‘out of rhythm’ with the boss’s ceiling attack. I don’t know that for sure, it just doesn’t happen to me, but that’s my best guess.

Whatever’s happening. It seems most of the solutions to NPC woes in this fight are based in control or support. And you know what? That’s ggggrrreeeaaaattttt. I don’t even care if it’s intentional or not, We need more problems like this.

If that is the sort of thing you enjoy it can be easily replicated in every dungeon run. Just go and find the most incompetent player and bring them every time. You’ll be having a blast of a time cleaning up their mess while keeping the other people alive. For extra fun make sure they are 20+ levels below the recommended.

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I do, actually.
I’ve talked about carrying people on your back being satisfying because it’s one of the few things that’ll make you explore the skill curve at least twice before. This’ll make a third.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I guess we finally have a boss which you have to interrupt.