Warrior - GS + A/M versus A/M DWA

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Good for you. Noone should blindly follow others advice.

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Good for you. Noone should blindly follow others advice.

You took the phrase “That’s your opinion” to the next level!

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Hey guys, I’ve been trying to follow this thread and some of the others (Nike’s gw2guru thread), but had some questions. Actually, I think it comes down to one question:

My previous 2-line understanding of axe vs GS was that axe autoattack > GS auto, but 100b > axe auto. Therefore switching from axe to 100b was optimal.

What about at that statement has changed that’s made GS camping viable? Is it build synergies, GS auto higher than previously thought, or something else?

Also, are there any public spreadsheets from nice warriors available to help calculate weapon/ability DPS? I’ve done some of my own work in the past, but dealing with uncertainty in aftercasts and coefficients is daunting.

(edited by Brigg.6189)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its kind of always been that way. But we didnt realise. Weve been camping gs for a while in solos because weve found it to yield better results(assumed because of the might and vuln and also using 100b and ww on cd). But it turns out even without the might and vuln being a factor the ability to 100b and ww on cd is much better than switching to axe for the better auto. The gs auto really isnt as bad as people made it out to be and it never was. So essentially recent ingame testing has changed people opinions on it, thats all.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

FWIW Interrupting 100b isn’t mathematically bad. First 8 hits have a coefficient of .55 each. Last hit has a 1.1, but it takes twice as long, so the last hit is essentially the exact same as the others.

100b hits are not spaced equally:

• Hit #1 – xxxx
  • Hit #2 – 0.199 sec
  • Hit #3 – 0.319 sec
  • Hit #4 – 0.280 sec
  • Hit #5 – 0.443 sec
  • Hit #6 – 0.242 sec
  • Hit #7 – 0.360 sec
  • Hit #8 – 0.399 sec
  • Hit #9 – 0.678 sec

but, the dmg/time is more or less equal for all hits. Finishing 100b or breaking it won’t lower or increase your 100b dps. Now, 100b dps is higher than the AA dps so it is important you actually finish the whole 100b.

Attachments:

(edited by frifox.5283)

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

GS also got an extra sigil.

Posted by: Fury.6281

Fury.6281

Personally, the reality of the matter is more mobility rather than DPS (Based on the small differences in most calculations). I would gladly sacrifice 2-3% of my DPS to have access to whirlwind and rush. Also worth mentioning is the dodge Whirlwind provides, making for superior DPS on a target like Subject Alpha where you can whirlwind, as opposed to just depending on Reckless Dodge damage while evading his attacks.

Unless it comes down to record running, I doubt anyone would REALLY prefer 100% axe game play, especially when you can get similar or better damage output with a GS swap.

But if we really want to settle these things…

Why don’t we set up all of the “Meta” competitor builds and set which ones set the fastest dungeon records.. Yes, player skill will vary the results, but if you can get a faster time and be considered handicapped by using a “worse” build, well, I think you deserve to say whatever you want.

(edited by Fury.6281)

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

Just a throwout here, but did you guys take into account the connection delay per calculation? It might be best to combine skills to sequences, and calculating each available sequence. That way, you can account for connection latency, since even if a setup has a lot of skills that need to be chained to provide max DPS, you’ll still delay in total probably DPS if you have latency that adds up over time.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Personally, the reality of the matter is more mobility rather than DPS (Based on the small differences in most calculations). I would gladly sacrifice 2-3% of my DPS to have access to whirlwind and rush. Also worth mentioning is the dodge Whirlwind provides, making for superior DPS on a target like Subject Alpha where you can whirlwind, as opposed to just depending on Reckless Dodge damage while evading his attacks.

Unless it comes down to record running, I doubt anyone would REALLY prefer 100% axe game play, especially when you can get similar or better damage output with a GS swap.

Why don’t we set up all of the “Meta” competitor builds and set which ones set the fastest dungeon records.. Yes, player skill will vary the results, but if you can get a faster time and be considered handicapped by using a “worse” build, well, I think you deserve to say whatever you want.

That’s what people used to clamor for whenever anyone posted an alternative build. While it was funny to watch people fight over the best records you couldn’t really get a good assessment of actual DPS short of having one group of the same people (to control for other factors) run every single build over and over a million times in the same dungeon.

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

Nevertheless, pure axe builds will never be viable for warriors.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Fury.6281

Fury.6281

That’s what people used to clamor for whenever anyone posted an alternative build. While it was funny to watch people fight over the best records you couldn’t really get a good assessment of actual DPS short of having one group of the same people (to control for other factors) run every single build over and over a million times in the same dungeon.

If you look at Guild Wars 1 records, the best setups were developed by players theory crafting BOTH DPS output and ability of use. They did not present numbers that supported their results, but rather proved the usefulness of their setup by showing it can be more efficient overall because they know how to use it.

Basically, what I am saying is; Who cares about what sword is stronger, what really matters (and what should be the most impressive aspect) is who’s wielding it and how well they know how to use it. This is where the variance in numbers come from in active situations and is what makes the real difference.

(edited by Fury.6281)