Warrior Guides for T4 Fractals

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Skyy.5380

Skyy.5380

Hey

I have a VERY bad time as Warrior in T4 Fractals. Since i started dieing more and more in the T3 fractals already (as power PS warrior with GS/mace+shield) i end up being totally useless in T4…

I recently got my 150 AR and it is very frustrating to see that i kinda can’t play the only class i play in T4 fractals xD

Everytime i am in melee range i die like instantly, most of the times i don’t even know what killed me. It’s not THAT bad in trash groups but in boss encounters i more and more am the reason why we wipe. So i started playing GS/rifle but i feel so USELESS as Pew Pew Rifle in the Background. Yeah i kite alot better but i just don’t deal any damage or stack might

Are there guides for the different encounters? Should i switch over to condi armor to burn all the enemies with my longbow? Or just stick to groups with druids/healers?

I play warrior only and have no other charakters with ascended gear. I am kinda casual and i started to gear up my necro but i just started getting the Hero Points for the elite spec and im already done with it xD i just don’t want to spend so much time on videogames anymore.

(edited by Skyy.5380)

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

Try the Defense Traits , until you learned how/where to dodge correctly.
Use the Healing Signet.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

I can 100% assure u that it is a L2p issue, as I myself had the exact same problems u had and in fact I still do with some groups. What helps to kinda ameliorate this issue is being more mindful of boons or anything u can do to increase ur odds of success, such as running mist pots whenever u feel the need to. So for instance, whenever I’m in an all-condi group I will start to worry that my uselessness as PS warrior (melee) is almost guaranteed. Especially with all selfish condi builds – 4 necros and a solo GS warrior is almost always going to be a train wreck for that one warrior, or any class with low self-sustain on their own. Another thing to be mindful of what instabilities ur group chooses. Suppose I join a pug that chooses toxic trail lvls such as ones for Snowblind and Chaos. I insta leave those since it makes sense as melee ur going to struggle more with that. Honestly it’s mostly the instabilities u need to watch out for.. most of them are especially hard on melee, such as social awkwardness. It is actually the most stressful pet peeve for me when someone moves around a lot that their hitboxes intersect mine momentarily – I get very touch abt that and castigate them in grps when they continuously persist with such annoying behavior.

I can tell u tho while I didn’t see many melee builds in pugs, ps melee is still useful in t4s. Originally I would wipe all the time on bosses like chaos endboss, now that I know what build to use and how to counter mechanics I rarely even down. Similar deal with bloomhunger, completely sustainable to melee for prolonged periods but u would have to think abt how would u approach him from melee perspective. Everything in t4 can be meleed with the build u mention imo

Arun Kar

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Play condi PS. More consistent damage, might, and survivability.

Skyy.5380

Thanks for the advices

But there again i have the problem that i need a full new ascended set -.-
I guess condi with berserker gear isnt that good

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Just keep going your build. It’s only a matter of time and practice then you will feel more comfortable.
Usually you are pretty safe and solid as a warrior. The only thing you have to fear is the social awkwardness instability but everything else won’t be a problem for you in the future if you improve.

For some skips and short trash mob fights you can/should also swap out banners for other utility skills. Especially for trash mobs, banners are kinda not necessary in pugs because the overall 5 man dmg output should be enough for a short burst even without the buffs. It’s also 100% sure that none of your mates will carry the 2nd banner to the next action point/boss. So, only throw them at stacking points, medium and longer fights + bosses.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

Thanks for the advices

Just as a suggestion, if you want to be ranged and keep most of your current, power guardian is a really good build that you can play at ranged with scepter. Ascended is all account bound so you would really only need to replace the weapons.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

You can also spend 1 gold coin on getting yourself slaying potions. They provide +10% damage reduction AND they stack with the fractal pots aswell. They also give +10% dmg vs that type aswell. These potions are like a lost art the last generation of fractal runnets used while being told they only press 111111..

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

You can also spend 1 gold coin on getting yourself slaying potions. They provide +10% damage reduction AND they stack with the fractal pots aswell. They also give +10% dmg vs that type aswell. These potions are like a lost art the last generation of fractal runnets used while being told they only press 111111..

Lmao are you serious? They aren’t a lost art, they just aren’t needed.

Next time you wanna take pop shots at fractal goers make sure you aren’t making yourself look like you can’t handle the pressure first. Make sure you rename that guide from friendly, to smug kitten.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

and therein lies the rub, as they like to say. Of course if you’re dead set on it, you could always convert the ascended set u have (armors and weps) to the condi stats u would need. However it’s kinda expensive to convert an entire armor set to the new stats u would need, it’s approximately 60g with today’s market. The accoutrements are an upward struggle by themselves, for me it took almost a month to farm enough rubies for the backpiece by itself. The rest of what u would need afaik will require a lot of effort and time invested in them where u will be forced to intimately learn and get acclimated to ur current build (power ps in this case). In fact some of the pieces arguably require you to dip your hands in raiding before they can be spoken for. So at the end of the road, u might decide the journey was not worth it to begin with. Note that I am only projecting here, as I don’t know how committed u are towards this goal either.

Imo you should never be forced into playing a class and build that u are unfamiliar with or adverse to, especially since this is a game and shouldn’t be that intimidating to begin with. Both of aforementioned decisions should be solely deliberated with your playstyle and personal preferences taken into consideration. For instance, the choice of melee or ranged/condi builds. I personally welcome a challenge that is particularly galvanizing and unforgiving towards melee builds, as it’s more of an ‘in media res’ experience for me. I played ranged builds for the longest time and I still feel it was a better fit, or rather better suited towards MMOs like WOW where ranged had a less clunky design to it. To me melee just feels more natural for this game mode, especially ranged in pve seems kind of lackluster and standoffish – it’s generally only used if ur nervous abt the mechanics and hesitant to step into the heat of battle.

So if needed, be able to adapt to situations by changing utilities in a pinch. I personally dislike changing my build – most often I will forget to change my build, and this leads to complications for me. If I am familiar enough with both variations of builds then I will change them with ease, but entirely diff story when I have to change to swap out all my gear on top of that. It’s an inconvenience I resent.. So most often swapping out utilities works as jury rigging for me. Consider the most troublesome fights for melee such as brazen gladiator and bloomhunger, u will realise u have to employ hit and run tactics to survive them. It’s a little bit awkward at 1st, so drop banners if needed since ur always on the move. I run a sole banner for both now that I’m more intimately familiar with the mechanics, but if ur still struggling to overcome the learning curve then I would just go selfish skills and just emphasize on survival above boon-sharing with ur teammates or whatever altruistic purpose u have in mind.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Sarahfull.4930

I don’t see how they are not needed. With the slaying pot and the defensive fractal pot together you’ll have huge damage reduction while still learning your way around or when you make a mistake. With the slaying pot plus the precsion pot together your dps will be high.

I wasn’t trying to be smug btw, I just don’t see why you wouldn’t want both if your not condi or playing a fractal with no slaying types. Each slaying potion is in the copper so I badly worded 1g to mean you could get a huge supply for value.

Skyy.5380

Hey,

i played the dailies yesterday and it wasn’t that bad I want to tell you how i played the level 100 endboss.

Well since we wiped 2 times i figured out that i have to kite more and switched over to GS/Rifle. The problem is, that i can’t break the stunbar when i don’t have my mace/shield so i had to wait for my teammates to break it for me.

So i stayed in rifle mode, dodging as much as i can, whenever the boss was stunned i switched over to GS, went in with (5) Rush, Signet of Fury → Berserker Mode, Arc Divider to get the buff, 100blades wich reached about 50k damage and then (3) Whirlwind out. Now i had like 2sec where i couldn’t attack so i used the time to throw my (4) Bladetrail and replaced banners/reused signet of rage (yes i didn’t used headbutt).

Then i switch over to rifle again and restart the whole process. Should i stay in melee more or is this okay?

Sarahfull.4930

being a switch warrior is great, your doing well.

Keep looking out for more openings, your’ll find more and more ways to get melee damage in

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

I would totally join the suggestion of running Condi PS, especially if you are pugging. In the higher end fractals you need to be flexible and condi PS allows you to weave efficiently and play to the mechanics. For breaking you sort of have to use your soft cc conditions preemptively to help melt the bar. If Immob, blind and cripple aren’t enough just slot Wild Blow in for For Great Justice.

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

On T4, teamwork is key.

Besides specific information on each Fractal encounter that you can find on the wiki/gw2dungeons, as a Warrior your job is to do reasonable damage, give Might and Banners. If you do your part and stack on the right spots and your teammates don’t follow the strategy or don’t do their part, then it’s beyond what you can do.

Once you feel you are capable on Fractals by doing your part as a PS Berserker/Condi PS, find a stable group with defined roles (e.g: Berserker|Chronomancer|Druid|Tempest|Dragonhunter) that also hold their own and use the same strategies you do. You can’t do a DPS setup while being 2-shot by enemies unless you’re blowing them up with proper teamwork.

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

I don’t see how they are not needed. With the slaying pot and the defensive fractal pot together you’ll have huge damage reduction while still learning your way around or when you make a mistake. With the slaying pot plus the precsion pot together your dps will be high.

I wasn’t trying to be smug btw, I just don’t see why you wouldn’t want both if your not condi or playing a fractal with no slaying types. Each slaying potion is in the copper so I badly worded 1g to mean you could get a huge supply for value.

I have a stack of each. My point was that you can comfortably run fractals without them. Hence not being needed.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Take longbow over rifle, even as power (this way, you can still generate a small amount of might with fire fields and skill 3, also higher dps)
Get a condi set additionally once you have the funds and use them depending on the situation.
Other than that it really boils down to knowing enemy attacks and their patterns, how to best respond to them etc.; basically, something you will learn just by playing.

Sarahfull.4930

I have a stack of each. My point was that you can comfortably run fractals without them. Hence not being needed.

Sure, YOU can run them comfortably although some newer people may not. So using both of them are a nice way to have a safety net that’s also not expensive and helps with damage.

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Aim for a Condi PS. In the meantime you can do the following to increase your survivability:

• Don’t play Mace/Shield. Go Axe/Mace. The increased vulnerability you apply makes foes die faster.
  • As a PS Warrior you have more than 2 dodges. Whirlwind Attack is your “panic button”. Save it unless you are killing trash or foes are against a wall.
  • Buy defensive pots for every run, have some to spare in case things take more time.
  • If you really need, swap Blood Reckoning for Healing Signet. This will mean less damage but more survivability.
  • Use food and utilities. For optimal survival combine Healing Signet with Mango Pies, if you’re sticking with BR go with Omnomberry Ghosts. Sharpening Stones will boost your damage.
  • I might sound like an kitten on this one but be selective with your groups. If you are running alongside with ranged classes guess who’s gonna be the one dying all the time. I know it’s hard to always find optimal parties pugging but there are some classes you might want more. Hammer DH will boost your defense, Chrono will be great for the quickness and alacrity (more hundred blades, berserker mode, etc). Healing Druids will also help for obvious reasons.
  • Last but most important is that you know what you are doing. There are a lot of video guides in Youtube. I also recommend checking Dulfy’s http://dulfy.net/2013/01/07/gw2-fractal-of-the-mists-fotm-guide/

Hope this helps you in some way.