Warrior - Which skill use in DG?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Animus Necandi.5386

Animus Necandi.5386

Q:

Hello, all.

Im back after 2 years. Have a lot of doubts. Need some help to make a better/best skill choice for each DGs, and for that, i count with your help.
I only know how to go AC. Please, share with me your knowledge about the other DGs.

Oh, i play as a hibryd Warrior. Traits, weapons and acc Berserker and Soldier Armor Set.

Ascalon Catacombs
Skills: stability + movement speed + DPS for burrows + conditions remove
Consumables: sigil + atk against ghosts and ??

Caudecu’s Manor
Skills: ?
Consumables: ?

Twilight Arbor

Sorrow’s Embrace

Citadel of Flame
Skills: ???
Consumables: the invisible elixir and ??

Honor of the Waves

Crucible of Eternity

Arah

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

A:

All Dungeons + Fractals

Skills: Banner of Discipline + Banner of Strength + For Great Justice / Signet of Fury (Depends on team Might Stacking) + Battle Standard

Consumables: All Dungeon Potions (Svanir / Icebrood / Destroyer / Outlaw / Grawl / Elemental / Scarlet’s Army Slaying / Dredge / Flame Legion / Inquest / Undead) + Toxic Sharpening Stones (For AC) + ALSK + Harpy Feathers + Plate of Truffle Steak + Fire Elemental Powder + Skale Venom

That should cover you.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Lets skip over the whole “you should be zerker” thing, leave that for another time

Warriors are primarily taken for banners. In a PUG you want Strength and DIscipline unless you have a second warrior, then shard the burden. In a more organized group there are some dungeons where you simply kill things so fast they aren’t really needed but you’ll probably not be in those situations, so there’s 2 utilities right there.

Outside that, For Great Justice would be the default third. If you have enough might (a second warrior running phalanx or Ele’s/engi’s doing well with blasts) and you can maintain over 20 stacks then I might consider dropping it.

From there, if for any reason you have an open utility slot, Signet of Fury is a solid option for the extra precision. On my Mark isn’t bad. Or perhaps for some fights more utility based options something like throw bolas, or, maybe, consider stab/condi removal stuff, though generally you should be leaving that to teammates who are better suited for that.

Your job as a warrior is typically to buff damage first, do damage second, anything else would be taken care of by your group in ideal situations, and honestly, should be avoidable. Learn to time your dodges and stab simply isn’t needed in a dungeon like AC.

Sigils, force+night is always a good option to have, Night only doesn’t work for CM/Arah/HOTW, the rest it does. As a secondary option Frailty in for the night is a nice catch all to add some vulnerability. Slaying sigils would be ideal though.

Food/potions, I’m always a fan of lifesteal food, nice catch all option, outside of that Power/prec food is nice and a cheap option in Steak and Asparagus. Potions, gw2dungeons.net has a good listing on stuff like that. But obviously you want to use them, AC doesn’t really have one, CM is bandit, TA use the Scarlet’s army, SE1 inquest, SE3 dredge, CoF flame legion, COE I go with undead though there are some inquest fights and some others, Arah go undead.

Hope that helps, fair warning… the zerker thing will probably be brought up by someone in this thread. I don’t want to harp on it but it’s something you should aim for, active defenses are really strong, and between your natural dodges and whirlwind attack you should be able to endure most anything, tossing in an offhand sword for your axe set gives you another block and if you can’t manage that, well keep working because eventually you will be able to

Posted by: Animus Necandi.5386

Animus Necandi.5386

Really good, guys!
If someone have more to share, feel free!
You’re welcome!

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

As a warrior you dont have to think too much about what to bring on each dungeon, just bring your banners and you are good (and the proper potions and food). Bring a warhorn to help your teammates on skipping parts and to blast some field if they ask for it. Playing warrior is not like guardian where people expect you to know what to bring on each encounter, for example pugs want you to use staff on the vines in TA, cond cleanse on the first boss in SE p3, reflects, blinds etc.

Warrior just needs to press 2 and you’re good.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Well I wrote this long ago with the focus on optimizing solo play but a lot of the information in it applies to group play as well.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/DPS-guide-for-PvE-Dungeons-Soloing-More/first

Maybe it will be of some use to you.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Even in groups Rage Signet should be your #1 choice for elite. Since you will likely have signet mastery traited for the whole time and pugs don’t stack might to cap (and sometimes you don’t even see perma-fury), signet will provide much better DPS. I usually take banner only for harder encounters like high level Mai Trin, but if your groups fails to keep themselves alive, you are generally better off just letting them die (or taking better players in their place).
If you are in decent group though (2 eles who can stack might) and the fight doesn’t take more than 20 secs, elite doesn’t make a whole lot of difference.
I guess it’s all up to your own skill and playstyle, but in my experience the only person you can rely on when pugging, is you.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Elite banner is 3 might and fury (and swiftness) for the whole party, so if the rest of the party doesn’t do absolute crap dps you should consider bringing the elite banner, because it buffs the whole team and not only yourself.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

I’d like to point out that while it’s ideal to run 2 banners if your the only war in the group, most of the time pugs wont carry your 2nd banner. With that in mind it’s usually better to substitute BOS instead of FGJ for whatever other utility you need given the situation if your party doesn’t cap might/have high fury up time.

Also toxic sharping stones while the highest dps(for AC) option is a has bad cost/benefit ratio compared to hardened stones. To elaborate on this they cost 43s at the moment hardened stones provide almost as much power and only cost 1.6s.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Sharpening stones are a waste in AC, I’m sure every meta build hits the 720 power cap without them.
(just leaving this here, so people would stop wasting money ^^)

Hello darkness, my old friend.