Warrior obsession in AC.

Warrior obsession in AC.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

3 Ele’s, 1 Guard and 1 Mesmer

Those FGS just rule the world

Exactly. FGS is OP. Which is why we use 3 eles for ac and coe, and 2 eles everywhere else. 2x fgs for spider and subsequent gravelings, 4x fgs for kholer. Your runs would have been faster with a war and thief instead of mes and guard though.

what? shave .25s off the 2s kill? =b Really though, bring that many FGS and I’m pretty sure RNG would deviate things more than the war/thief would affect it.

I swear I blink and that spider is dead now, all the nerfs/buffs/whatever they did in that update… wow AC is a joke now.

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

FGS is also good for skipping the distance so the entire run becomes faster.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

AC is such a joke now we run it on low level characters. Every boss dies in under 3 seconds when using fgs, almost as fast without. Just take 1 lvl 80 ele and the entire dungeon is faceroll no matter what you take in the rest of the party, whether its low lvls or just a duo run. Its actually pretty depressing.

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: Seerstrange.4723

Seerstrange.4723

“one class to rule them all”

That would be Ele =D

Have you seen the new Phalanx build

Anet give us new skills!

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Stacking might is not the only job of Ele. Don’t forget his/her OP damage, conjured weapons and various useful utilities.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Warrior obsession in AC.

Seerstrange.4723

That can be said for any class, smart players bring more to teams then just what the class is known for.

Anet give us new skills!

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Apparently I need to l2p, after solo’ing kholer and three of four burrows.

Attachments:

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Pugging AC is solid proof people hate themselves. It’s one of the worst things you can do.

I pug AC with no issues. On my guardian.

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: Pacer.6143

Pacer.6143

I also pug AC all paths almost daily with no issues with my zerk ele, didn’t noticed any warrior obsession, did it many times without a single warrior in a group without any problems….

Warrior obsession in AC.

Seerstrange.4723

Pugging AC is solid proof people hate themselves. It’s one of the worst things you can do.

I pug AC with no issues. On my guardian.

Agreed I just advert “All Paths SC Zerk Exp. only” and its rare when i get a stupid player.

Anet give us new skills!

Warrior obsession in AC.

Dub.1273

You might all have different points of views about what is stupid. Imo, taking a guardian or more than one warrior already is. But even more so, using that stupid spot west of kholer, or even not getting into the right position for the gravelings. Or waiting in some corner in the right before engaging a fight, which once again obviously happens in a kittened position. Stacking for p1/p3 AC bosses is honestly one of the most supid things one can do in this game. Yet, all pugs do it.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s obvious: warrior is the most accesable class and therefor the success has a higher probability.

An average player does more help with a warrior than with an ele. Although leet players know that ele is superior IF played right.

It’s the same why I retraited my guardian to hammer/GS with more protection, since I often play in pug and you all know that pug tend to be less effective than organized groups.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

You might all have different points of views about what is stupid. Imo, taking a guardian or more than one warrior already is. But even more so, using that stupid spot west of kholer, or even not getting into the right position for the gravelings. Or waiting in some corner in the right before engaging a fight, which once again obviously happens in a kittened position. Stacking for p1/p3 AC bosses is honestly one of the most supid things one can do in this game. Yet, all pugs do it.

I’m curious — why is stacking for p3 bad? For p1, I agree it makes no sense as that’s easy w/o. For p3, stacking makes PUG runs easy, though I can believe it’s not optimal for organized groups.

Warrior obsession in AC.

Dub.1273

I can kill the last boss solo without stacking in a corner, so how is stacking not bad when it basically just takes the time to lure the boss there and forces you to either dodge or take hits as you can’t step behind him or out of his range.

Dub | [rT]

Warrior obsession in AC.

linuxotaku.4731

I can kill the last boss solo without stacking in a corner, so how is stacking not bad when it basically just takes the time to lure the boss there and forces you to either dodge or take hits as you can’t step behind him or out of his range.

Well, you stack to avoid his knockdowns — since knockdown + dmg is an easy way to wind up downed or dead; this lets the people in the PUG keep up ranged DPS pretty reliably. The damage he does with other attacks is easy to withstand given even moderate stacked buffs, and if someone is downed bringing them back up doesn’t affect DPS too much.

That said … this sounds like fun; I’ll see if I can get a guild group to let me give it a try sometime on my ele. (I don’t think it’d end well with a PUG…)

Warrior obsession in AC.

Dub.1273

In a guild group the boss dies within 5 seconds anyway.

Dub | [rT]

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Well, you stack to avoid his knockdowns — since knockdown + dmg is an easy way to wind up downed or dead;

Being stacked won’t prevent being knocked down.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

If you’re stacked in the corner he just throws you in to the corner rather than ragdolling you outside of it – it really doesn’t make a difference.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Warrior obsession in AC.

linuxotaku.4731

Well, you stack to avoid his knockdowns — since knockdown + dmg is an easy way to wind up downed or dead;

Being stacked won’t prevent being knocked down.

His KD AoEs don’t seem to hit in the corner where we stack. Maybe I’m smoking crack, but it seemed this is a terrain/LoS stack more than anything else — I see lots of red circles around, but not typically where the stacked PUG is.

The guild I was talking about isn’t too serious about dungeon running; I did CoF p1 and p3 with them last night for someone working on completion, and p3 went pretty smoothly once I brought a thief — but it was anything other than a speed run. (I’m also in [Noob], but I’m in that for advice on Lupi duo and high level fractals … I rarely see folks representing it). They do run dungeons, but without optimized builds; bosses don’t generally die that fast.

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Isn’t the P3 boss the guy who does the rockfall? You stack so he doesn’t do that, it murders pugs. Also Grast doesn’t put the anti-rock shield up reliably since he gets CC’d by the boss, I dunno if he still does that since I haven’t done that boss legit in ages.

This is one of those cases where stacking isn’t for DPS but just convenience.

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Grast is pretty reliable with his bubble nowadays. He can die quickly sometimes— and when he’s dead, Rumblus’ rock summoning move brings down 3-4x as many rocks as when he’s alive. Used to need to bring a res skill to solo him, but he dies so much faster since the feature patch, so this really shouldn’t be a problem for anyone anymore. One semi-decent ele with an ice bow should be more than enough to kill him now, even if everyone else there is terrible.

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Because warriors are easy to play and in pugs that means less chance there is a bad one statistically. Where as the level of bad warriors varies, a warrior can be bad but not that bad. Where as the level of bad insert other class here varies more where they can be either good or really bad.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Warrior obsession in AC.

Dub.1273

http://youtu.be/M3MIDg5TQmA

First attempt without coordination. Could cut that time by half if we just used out ice storms simultaneously.

Dub | [rT]

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

But ele is exploit.
-logs on warrior and rolls out uberdeepz-

Warrior obsession in AC.

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

But ele is exploit.
-logs on warrior and rolls out uberdeepz-

I agree, PS OP

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles