Was asked for gold when joined a group.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Merulu.6402

Merulu.6402

This is the second time I see something like this.
So basicly there is a group of people already inside that clears most of the dungeon, they look for a last member and then ask for gold, in my case they were asking for 15g, or I would get a kick.

While I see why they are doing that it just smells unethical and scam everywhere. I mean is stuff like this accepted?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not affected by this, just thinking about people that would pay (people that are still learning) or even worse get kicked after paying, because their way of talking was not only pushy but agresive too.

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

Well…just tell them to give you a min to get the gold, meanwhile take a screenie and report. Wave that in their faces and leave.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Runs have always been done like that, pay before the last boss. Otherwise the opposite can happen; the ‘client’ will just leave with their reward and not pay. There’s always a risk, however GW1 runs were performed like this for several years. Not sure about other games.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

“Take a screenie and report”…

I don’t even know what to say…

/doublefacepalm

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

They were selling the completion of the dungeon. Nothing new there. You’re not losing anything in leaving.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Curious as to what path they think is worth 15 gold

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

15 gold is pretty ridiculous for 1 dungeon path. Maybe if they were offering completion of every path in arah, but 15 gold for 1 path is insane.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

I can see it coming, lvl 50 jade fight 25g

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Runs have always been done like that, pay before the last boss. Otherwise the opposite can happen; the ‘client’ will just leave with their reward and not pay. There’s always a risk, however GW1 runs were performed like this for several years. Not sure about other games.

I never saw people offering missions completed for money in GW1, but I did see the Droknar’s Run for money. Gets you to Droks for max armour, nothing horrendously special there.

You’re paying for a service that isn’t guaranteed to deliver either way. Considering that dungeon tokens are supposed to be for the players/teams who play to earn them, I’m not overly pleased with that kind of behaviour. But that’s just me.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I never saw people offering missions completed for money in GW1, but I did see the Droknar’s Run for money. Gets you to Droks for max armour, nothing horrendously special there.

Can’t remember their name, but there was a guild dedicated to running missions and what not as long as you could pay. And they were only one of other guild specialized in running content.

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

If you were with them from the start then this is extorsion , screenie + report , if they inv you at last boss & this come up , just leave; it is sickening but ppl like this are in the game. With time they will stop if the demand for this kind of service will drop.

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

I can see it coming, lvl 50 jade fight 25g

You’d still get lowbie loot if you aren’t at lvl 50. If you are at lvl 50, why would you pay any money to get to jade?

Posted by: Irakaz.8964

Irakaz.8964

I’ve seen groups advertise this on the LFG site, however it makes it clear that it costs you. If people want to pay then all the best to them.

RedStar.4218

You’d still get lowbie loot if you aren’t at lvl 50. If you are at lvl 50, why would you pay any money to get to jade?

Because you paid them to get from level 49 (which you also paid) to level 50 ? :p

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Its allowed to sell dungeon slots. My guild sells Arah path 4 slots for 15g each frequently.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Please-fix-people-selling-dungeon-slots/page/5#post1162080

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Nibiru.1423

I personaly dont see a problem with this, if people are stupid enought to pay 15g for any dungeon then let them, but I can see people being tricked or even kicked at the last boss so that they can sell the spot.

If your selling your time to others I dont see a problem, i guess its how you go about it and how you advertise it that matters.

Malediktus.9250

My guild does it this way: 5 guildies go in, before endboss 4 leave and we sell the spots for 15g each. Endboss get killed and the 4x 15g get split equally to all 5 people from guild. So no kicking innocent people involved.

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

I don’t get why any dungeon would be worth 15g.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Nibiru.1423

I think 2-3g tops if you really wanted the tokens for gear, but no chance 15g

Posted by: Fallon.2347

Fallon.2347

There are people in the game willing to teach others. Plenty of good guilds too that are able to take in new people and show them the dungeon paths. There is no need for anyone to pay this much money for tokens or path completion.

Escape From L A [EfLA]
Guild Leader
Maguuma – Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

My guild does it this way: 5 guildies go in, before endboss 4 leave and we sell the spots for 15g each. Endboss get killed and the 4x 15g get split equally to all 5 people from guild. So no kicking innocent people involved.

So the one guy solo’s the end boss? or The 4 paying help kill the end boss? If it’s the latter……lol

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

GW1 end game was also built off of exploits (CoF runs were two people soloing an entire dungeon faster than most groups could do it, and taking payment from the other six people in the party – this is clearly an exploit and by GW2 standards you’d probably banned if you did it too much). I wouldn’t be surprised if they cracked down on dungeon “runs”, although charging to include someone in a party will probably never be a bannable offence, the methods used to complete dungeons difficult enough to charge for them would probably be questionable.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

This is completely legit play, if they advertised their dungeon as such. If you just join a lf1m arah path 4 you should not run into this.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

So the one guy solo’s the end boss? or The 4 paying help kill the end boss? If it’s the latter……lol

Because the end boss of all the Arah paths are sooooooo hard, right?

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

I want whatever you were smocking while playing GW1. Lots of people had “running services” it’s incredible people lasted this long before offering them in this game too.
GWguru had pages of runners that offered to do UW and FoW for a fee, vanquish for xgold/kill and full price table for every mission and dungeon in NM and HM. Hell, you would even get a discount if you choose to get run a whole campaign or get all 3 campaigns run together.
A few key mission places always had runner, like NF Ruins of Morah, Abaddon’s Gate or A Time for Heroes (though they diminished after some time or due to nerfs).

The running service started from getting to place x to place y but it got nearly dead in the last few years with the introduction of heroes. You could still find a Droks, LA/AC runner or get and EoTN tour but sometimes it would be faster to do it by yourself.

swiftpaw.6397

I want whatever you were smocking while playing GW1. Lots of people had “running services” it’s incredible people lasted this long before offering them in this game too.
GWguru had pages of runners that offered to do UW and FoW for a fee, vanquish for xgold/kill and full price table for every mission and dungeon in NM and HM. Hell, you would even get a discount if you choose to get run a whole campaign or get all 3 campaigns run together.
A few key mission places always had runner, like NF Ruins of Morah, Abaddon’s Gate or A Time for Heroes (though they diminished after some time or due to nerfs).

The running service started from getting to place x to place y but it got nearly dead in the last few years with the introduction of heroes. You could still find a Droks, LA/AC runner or get and EoTN tour but sometimes it would be faster to do it by yourself.

Hell I even used to sell DoA runs. I think it was a fair price, they get the HOM achievement, I get a share of their gems from the chests :P I also used to run Ruins of Morah for people, but I did that as a free service because it was so easy I felt bad for anyone willing to pay for something so quick…and there were those people, along with sellers.

Selling dungeon runs in GW1 was very common place, my friend told me a while back he gave a guy a bunch of ecto for FOW and UW runs which I thought was hilarious.. But for some people, they’re happy to pay whatever to get something done I guess.

Now that I think about it though, runs down to droknar’s seemed to be hard to find recently, not as many people are playing now I guess. I remember sitting around looking for a run on an alt for a good while and giving up They used to be all the rage a few years back.

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

RedStar.4218

And how could anyone forget players running Elona Reach ?

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

I remember running Riverside Province (or whatever mission it was with the ship rising from the bay at the end) on my Ranger. Good times…good times indeed.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Essence Snow.3194

Based on a matter of principle…..If I were to pay 15g for 1 path….on principle I’m not helping to do kitten…that’s what the 15g is for….15g worth of help.

RedStar.4218

Based on a matter of principle…..If I were to pay 15g for 1 path….on principle I’m not helping to do kitten…that’s what the 15g is for….15g worth of help.

Seeing that some players wasted 12 hours to fight a boss without being able to defeat, I guess a lot of them wouldn’t mind paying 15g to avoid that experience again. And those that got scared because of such stories might be more inclined to pay 15g if all you have to do is use the WP and get to the last boss to help a little (although skipping the sharks and last mobs can be dangerous). And never forget that you can get a recipe from Arah path 4. And the amulet made from it is worth an excessive amount of cash.

But that’s only for Arah path 4.

For anything else, I can’t see the point of wasting 15g. There isn’t anything worth 15g in dungeons (except the recipe I mentioned). A title you didn’t earn ? 60 tokens ? Must be some really beautiful skin if you are ready to pay such a huge amount of cash for it.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Arah P4 was the last thing I needed for dungeon master. When we killed Simin after 2 hours of soul wrenching kittenery, the path glitched and we couldn’t continue (Randall didn’t do anything). I didn’t mind doing it again because (are you ready for this) I actually really enjoy Arah explorable but I can only imagine a less tenacious player would be ready to part with 15g in order to not have to do that boss again. The bloodstone is trash mob tier in comparison to simin.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

Essence Snow.3194

I’m not saying that it’s not worth something. What I am saying is that 15g is way too much to be asking those paying to do anything. In gw1 I ran dungeons a lot. I put out massive guides on how to run them and speed clear them. I would run them free or drastically reduced prices compared to other runners b/c I felt their prices were more or less preying on ppl. If the runner does everything…then they have justification on charging a premium. If they need the ppl paying to do something to finish the run…well then there needs to be compensation for that considered into the price.

Offering a fair price is one thing but preying on ppl is something else all together. Karma…….it’ll bite ya in the kitten some day!

Malediktus.9250

How is 15g too much? I make 5-10g a hour farming dungeons. So selling 90min-120min of good play for 15g isnt too much.

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

Paying for a dungeon run isn’t a problem, but doing a run and then threatening to kick the person for not giving them 15g is down right disgusting and blackmail, and blackmail isn’t just breaking the rules, its kitten right illegal!
If I didn’t have a nice guild and that happened to me I would leave the game and never look back!

Malediktus.9250

I dont see how its illegal to kick you from a group if you refuse to pay the money. At least if its one of the services where you join before endboss and not stay for the whole run.
Anet could and probably should fix selling dungeon slots, but as long as its a fun way to make good money people will do it.

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

Don’t see why it should be “fixed”, it’s a valid service like any other. Some people are just lazy and others don’t want to waste their time, all’s good if both parts agree with terms and conditions.

Of course it has downsides (scams by both sides) but they should be dealt by anet with temporary or permanent ban depending on the accumulation of offenses.

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

This is completely legit. If you don’t want to pay, don’t do it and leave.

Of course there’s always a possibility of scam because it’s no official game system and it shouldn’t be. (Paying half before and half after the service should be safer for both parties)

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

/doublefacepalm

they are scamming, report function has “take a screenshot” function. I don’t see anything to facepalm about. Even better, once out of the dungeon you can also yell their account and character names on the map chat to warn others.

swiftpaw.6397

How is 15g too much? I make 5-10g a hour farming dungeons. So selling 90min-120min of good play for 15g isnt too much.

The only thing I can think of is: Some people are so bad at dungeons that they are willing to pay for a run, meaning they are incapable of making money through dungeon farming and have to acquire it by different, possibly longer and more painful means, so it may be alot of money to them.

Posted by: Sanel.5603

Sanel.5603

Actualy, there is people selling path 4 arah for 20 gold, they clear dungeon and invite people for last boss, people get achivment (dungeon master) and all are happy. Tbh Dwayna priest is not pug friendly but its duable, also in path 4 for first timers you need to spend 3-4 hours minimum and Dwayna get prty frustrating with hide and heal.

Also on some topic before, dev said that is not against rules to sell runs.

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

This is the second time I see something like this.
So basicly there is a group of people already inside that clears most of the dungeon, they look for a last member and then ask for gold, in my case they were asking for 15g, or I would get a kick.

While I see why they are doing that it just smells unethical and scam everywhere. I mean is stuff like this accepted?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not affected by this, just thinking about people that would pay (people that are still learning) or even worse get kicked after paying, because their way of talking was not only pushy but agresive too.

Anyone doing that should be banned from the game. I would screenshot and report them.

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

I really dont understand what or how somepeople here think. Its called explorable mode for some reason… I wouldnt play 1s for someone to clear me a dungeon. Are you serious?

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Would be kinda funny, if they kicked the seller instead.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Would be kinda funny, if they kicked the seller instead.

Then they’d all get kicked from the dungeon, due to the seller being the instance owner. Good job.

I just want to chime in that this is totally legitimate. It existed for years in GW1, was totally fair game, and was a legitimate way to earn money if you were really good at certain high-difficulty / high-time-investment content that others were willing to pay for. This is no different. You might not think it’s worth it, but if someone else does, that’s all that matters. If someone is willing to pay for it, then it’s worth it to sell it at that price. If you’re worried about scamming, in GW1 (and here), it is very common to do half before and half after, so even if someone does get scammed, you only get scammed half as bad as you might have other been scammed.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

/doublefacepalm

they are scamming, report function has “take a screenshot” function. I don’t see anything to facepalm about. Even better, once out of the dungeon you can also yell their account and character names on the map chat to warn others.

I just spat out my orange juice haha.

well even if you give them the money what’s there to stop them from kicking you and asking a different player again? Easiest way of course is to screenshot, say no, get kicked and report, because kicking for anything else than trolling and ruining the run is not exactly legal and has gotten people bans before.

Not sure where you got this from ? Kicking is not a bannable offence and you need provide no reason to kick someone. It’s totally up to the players whom they wish to run with.
The only exception to this (theoretically) is if you kick someone say at the final boss which could be construed as griefing. I say theoretically as to my knowledge nobody has ever been banned for it.

So, no. this has not gotten people bans before and the bit about kicking for anything other than … is bad information.

Malediktus.9250

This is completely legit. If you don’t want to pay, don’t do it and leave.

Of course there’s always a possibility of scam because it’s no official game system and it shouldn’t be. (Paying half before and half after the service should be safer for both parties)

My guild tried the half half system, sadly it turns out people leave and block you instead of paying 2nd half. So we charge 100% upfront now.

Mirta.5029

/doublefacepalm

I just spat out my orange juice haha.

well even if you give them the money what’s there to stop them from kicking you and asking a different player again? Easiest way of course is to screenshot, say no, get kicked and report, because kicking for anything else than trolling and ruining the run is not exactly legal and has gotten people bans before.

Not sure where you got this from ? Kicking is not a bannable offence and you need provide no reason to kick someone. It’s totally up to the players whom they wish to run with.
The only exception to this (theoretically) is if you kick someone say at the final boss which could be construed as griefing. I say theoretically as to my knowledge nobody has ever been banned for it.

So, no. this has not gotten people bans before and the bit about kicking for anything other than … is bad information.

actually people did get banned for selling dungeon runs and kicking people that refuse to pay. They are griefing. You can get a ban for up to a month for activity like that. If someone gets kicked from a dungeon because they refuse to pay a certain sum, an admin can look back at the chat logs and who issued the kick and give them a warning. If they continue doing that often they do get banned.

Malediktus.9250

I never heared of this. If people advertise the slot costs 15g and people refuse to pay, they can either go leave and make their own group or should expect to get kicked. Pretty funny if people feel entitled to a free ride at endboss.

Imo its griefing if you join a group knowing you agreed to pay 15g then refuse to pay and not the other way.

Mirta.5029

I never heared of this. If people advertise the slot costs 15g and people refuse to pay, they can either go leave and make their own group or should expect to get kicked. Pretty funny if people feel entitled to a free ride at endboss.

Imo its griefing if you join a group knowing you agreed to pay 15g then refuse to pay and not the other way.

I don’t think that they advertise though. It would be okay if they said it, but I think that they don’t say it until you enter the run and even if they said it it smells of scam.