Waypoints in Dungeons

Waypoints in Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: fortytwo.3485

fortytwo.3485

Q:

So Waypoint in dungeons , in some of them like CoF they spawn quite regularly after boss killss . However in others like CM , TA, Arah, you only get 1 additional one and no more.

Is this a bug or working as intended.

Waypoints in Dungeons

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

it’s bugged/bad design.

for example TA will give you a 2nd waypoint when you choose the up route, the others wont.

Waypoints in Dungeons

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Some are bugged, some seem to be working as intended.

In my book they should give us a waypoint directly in front of every boss but lock them all while the boss fight is still going on. So we have really short ways to travel but can’t corpse run the boss.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Waypoints in Dungeons

Posted by: truebluecm.4692

truebluecm.4692

In my book they should give us a waypoint directly in front of every boss but lock them all while the boss fight is still going on. So we have really short ways to travel but can’t corpse run the boss.

I agree, More waypoints would be nice, I just hate zerging/corpse running bosses. I feel it defeats the purpose of a dungeon boss. I feel so cheap when I end up doing it.

Waypoints in Dungeons

Posted by: fortytwo.3485

fortytwo.3485

Spent 6 hours yesterday wiping to Giganticus Lupicus , the only waypoint my grp got was near the first boss. So It meant if you die you could not make it back in time before everyone else died too and it reset.

I feel Anet does take into account Graveyard zerging , that is why bosses are so hard. Zerging lets players of a wide skill level down bosses.

If Anet doesn;t want people to zerg bosses, then please go all the way. Close the doors to bosses chamber, then tune the difficulty accordingly.

Waypoints in Dungeons

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

@fortytwo
Don’t do path 1 if you don’t kill Lupi on a regular base, it will ruin your day.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Waypoints in Dungeons

Posted by: Magikker.9243

Magikker.9243

I finished HotWs last night and noticed no additional way-points spawned the whole time on any of the three paths. I couldn’t remember if it was always this way or if it was bugging out. I don’t normally die there so I honestly don’t remember, but man did it feel bad making everyone wait for my slow character run back after falling in the hole while trying to get the chest on path one. That’s got to be a cruel joke right? Let’s put a chest near a hole and make sure there’s not a close way-point… hehehe

Waypoints in Dungeons

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

CoE is pretty good with regards to where it locates and spawns WPs.