We dont want a new dungeon

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

We dont want a new dungeon or new dungeon paths.

We want a semi hardcore to hardcore AREA that functions like a dungeon path does, but is zoneable into. Such as Exit from Frostgorge into a area called “X Area” that functions as a private team instance once you enter it. Make this area hard with monsters but have great rewards and only clearable by the most organized groups. There should be punishment if you fail but not enough to discourage people. There cannot be this endless cycle of, lets complete 1/4, half the team leaves, post LFG, complete 1/4 more, post LFG for 3 more, until the end.

Have a meaningful area, with adequate rewards and no one will care about dungeon balance.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Do we?

RIP in peace Robert

JJBigs.8456

I would think most people who enjoyed FoW, UW, DoA would

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

I kind of want a new dungeon. But one that doesn’t involve Scarlet. And is permanent.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I personally want a new dungeon.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Talk for yourself.

What your describing will alienate most the playerbase – it’s too late to try and make the playerbase transition from casual to “hardcore”. The game, would simply, cease to be profitable for them as the alienated players would leave the game, and the very minor players interested in a committed playstyle are not enough to keep the game afloat.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Would this be more suitable for the suggestions subforum?

I’d actually love more permanent dungeon content and even more additions to fractals.

JJBigs.8456

I’d actually love more permanent dungeon content and even more additions to fractals.

Wouldnt that be a moderator decision and not a player? I didnt suggest anything so I would lean towards no. I stated the wants of what I feel is a majority of players who do dungeons by the responses I have read over the past week or so. I didnt suggest they add it, I just said this is what people want.

Glad to hear your response though, I respect some people do want more dungeons but I have a feeling it would be a big dissapointment as the other revamps/additions have been met with negative feedback, so this is a new chance for Anet rather than just have people be happy for 1 day and then hate the new content/additions.

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

I had an idea a long time ago to turn an open world map into a dungeon instance above ground type of thing to save work, here it is, if your interested or if it’s the direction you were thinking. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Eclipse-no-not-twilight/first#post3069395 , if not just disregard. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/f/f3/Sparkfly_Fen_map.jpg heres a map of sparkfly if that helps

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Nope, no we here.

I would like to hear that someone’s actually working on dungeons again, they can fix up the old ones or give us new permanent dungeons.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I just want content that actually requires theorycrafting in order to be completed efficiently. Also less rng and more skill requirement. In GW1, after years, we’re still theorycrafting about how to get consistent 8-9 min duos in order to give more room for succes to get an age 14 run.
We put in about 20 hours, just in the last week and still have endless amounts of stuff to check. Aswell as practising the tactic we decide to settle down with, for at least 150 hours. But it rewards us, one the one hand because people actually still care about, on the other hand because the ingame reward we get for it is good.

In gw2 there’s nothing like this. I thought about ‘tactics’ for our ‘speedruns’ and was done after running the path for a second time. Almost noone seriously cares about when one sets a new record and the stuff to do is just too easy. And it doesn’t reward ingame at all.

Looking forward to gw3, which should combine gw1’s content (difficulty, reward, anti grind – remove EotN Titles actually giving benefits, skilldesign) with gw2’s engine and design. Stop that kittened routing that gives me 4k ping in gw2 while having 100ms ping in gw1. Done. Best. Game. Ever. With lots of long term motivation.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Wouldnt that be a moderator decision and not a player? I didnt suggest anything so I would lean towards no. I stated the wants of what I feel is a majority of players who do dungeons by the responses I have read over the past week or so. I didnt suggest they add it, I just said this is what people want.

Glad to hear your response though, I respect some people do want more dungeons but I have a feeling it would be a big dissapointment as the other revamps/additions have been met with negative feedback, so this is a new chance for Anet rather than just have people be happy for 1 day and then hate the new content/additions.

I read your post as a suggestion since it was an idea for new content. Also since people don’t believe devs read this subforum anymore, I was thinking it might get noticed in suggestions. :P

I personally didn’t have an issue with the changes they made to AC, though I haven’t tried the new TA path. I’d like to see more level 80 dungeons more challenging than what we already have.

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

While I would like to see UW, FoW, DoA come back as instanced areas it wouldn’t be at the expense of getting a new permanent dungeon.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

A private team instance? Challenging mobs? Why not put in some bosses&miniquests aswell and call it an elite dungeon? Just designed to be hard this time. No waypoints (Wipe = start again) and in order to enter one person will have to pay a fee to a certain npc, right here http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Temple_of_the_Ages.

The whole “dungeon” or “private area” should not only focus on, but also require using mechanics like reflections/aegis/WELL TIMED PROTECTION/Pulls/DODGES aswell as a good amount of damage in order to complete (why require a good amount of damage? Because it is ridiculous how easy stuff gets if you wear full soldiers). The groups and mini bosses should also have more than just one or two skills, 8+ for bosses and 4 for regular mobs would probably be the way to go. Put in some mechanics similar to the fractal instabilities(no weakness please, that’s just dumb, rather perma cripple with a lot of ranged mobs going on, or damage while moving/standing still etc.). Increase the size of parties for this dungeon. Instead of quantity mobs, make quality mobs. Some that will punish you if you stack AND others that will punish you if you spread out, not some “haha you need 3 extra seconds to kill me but i can not kill you” crap. Some that you may skip, if you want to take that risk, others that need to be killed in order to progress. And in the end give some proper rewards. Not 3 blues and a green (ofc not a free precursor), but something like prestigous weapons (tormented) and ascended drops etc. (bloodstone dust is NOT ascended).
But hey, the next 6 months will feature more circlezerg content anway : /

RIP game 2012-2014

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Stopped reading at “We”

Posted by: Strontius.6478

Strontius.6478

It doesn’t have to be an area, I think this could be accomplished inside an instanced dungeon. The main thing is that it needs to be non-linear (so that different party compositions may prefer to choose different bosses in the dungeon to progress further), and have non-binary hard modes (instead of simply selecting “explorable”, have things in the dungeon which can affect difficulty through adding new mechanics – if anyone has played WoW Ulduar has some excellent examples of this).

Imo what I’d like to see in PvE is more freedom to choose what we do in dungeons instead of a linear path, and a much higher (and optional) level of difficulty.

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

A private team instance? Challenging mobs? Why not put in some bosses&miniquests aswell and call it an elite dungeon? Just designed to be hard this time. No waypoints (Wipe = start again) and in order to enter one person will have to pay a fee to a certain npc, right here http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Temple_of_the_Ages.

The whole “dungeon” or “private area” should not only focus on, but also require using mechanics like reflections/aegis/WELL TIMED PROTECTION/Pulls/DODGES aswell as a good amount of damage in order to complete (why require a good amount of damage? Because it is ridiculous how easy stuff gets if you wear full soldiers). The groups and mini bosses should also have more than just one or two skills, 8+ for bosses and 4 for regular mobs would probably be the way to go. Put in some mechanics similar to the fractal instabilities(no weakness please, that’s just dumb, rather perma cripple with a lot of ranged mobs going on, or damage while moving/standing still etc.). Increase the size of parties for this dungeon. Instead of quantity mobs, make quality mobs. Some that will punish you if you stack AND others that will punish you if you spread out, not some “haha you need 3 extra seconds to kill me but i can not kill you” crap. Some that you may skip, if you want to take that risk, others that need to be killed in order to progress. And in the end give some proper rewards. Not 3 blues and a green (ofc not a free precursor), but something like prestigous weapons (tormented) and ascended drops etc. (bloodstone dust is NOT ascended).

Pretty sure this is what Fractals we’re supposed to be for. But I do agree.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“I just want content that actually requires theorycrafting in order to be completed efficiently. "

All the existing dungeons do. What’s happened is that the theorycrafting has become common knowledge and shared amongst PUGs. You might not be able to remember the way that CoE was run by PUGs for the first six months after release but I can. CoE was seen as a difficult dungeon because the current tactics were not yet common knowledge.

If you look back at old MMOs like Everquest where raid leaders developed tactics over a series of weeks, well that time wouldn’t be needed at all now. Publicly shared tactics on the internet would instantly make some of those raids absolutely trivial for anyone who can follow a video on social media.

Titanimite.2534

“I just want content that actually requires theorycrafting in order to be completed efficiently. "

All the existing dungeons do. What’s happened is that the theorycrafting has become common knowledge and shared amongst PUGs. You might not be able to remember the way that CoE was run by PUGs for the first six months after release but I can. CoE was seen as a difficult dungeon because the current tactics were not yet common knowledge.

If you look back at old MMOs like Everquest where raid leaders developed tactics over a series of weeks, well that time wouldn’t be needed at all now. Publicly shared tactics on the internet would instantly make some of those raids absolutely trivial for anyone who can follow a video on social media.

I agree, and this is why FOTM was added if you ask me but they still need something more. This is also why I love fighting Lupi and hope they don’t ever screw with him as its more of a test of skill and punishing should you fail.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

bring back tafu ;_;

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Titanimite.2534

bring back tafu ;_;

I would go for this, new TA Aether path is stupid as hell

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

I like the idea of this. Queen’s gauntlet came close, but unfortunately it turned into a big zerg fest. Same with Scarlet’s minions attacks.

If they could make something like Diablo II where you could explore larger areas with smaller teams this would definitely interest me. Guild wars already has the lay-out of the zones, but the incentive to do them with a team are non-existent. Unfortunately the map completion isn’t rewarding enough and can only be achieved once.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I want (and at least 20 guild members and friends that i asked) a new path same long and hard and FUN as TA Aether path. Encouraging teamwork over zerkers. Encouraging crowd control over damage. Encouraging mechanics and not letting people live if they ignore them.

We don’t want to skip enemies, we don’t want rush runs and we don’t want easy bosses fights. A dungeon is not a walk, it’s suppose to be where you need Skill and positional awareness.

just my 2 cents

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en espaƱol / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

2 copper*

Stop ruining my immersion!

XD

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Pretty much this, except I’d rather see reflection become more of a situational utility than a requirement. Right now the way that it scales with player damage makes it just silly.