We will see a new fractal in ep 6! [edit]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

MO posted a info about things, which we cannot expect in the next patch. He wrote that we cannot expect new legendary armor and a balance. He didn’t say that we won’t see Raid and he didn’t say, that in the next patch won’t be a new fractal!

I am sure, that he would say this.

I really want a new fractal and next adventures with Arkk. That would be awesome, if Anet would give us a new fractal with new threads.

EDIT: We won’t get a new fractal with the Episode 4.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

(edited by Arden.7480)

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

even the name of the new raid is out. what are you on about? maybe read? :S

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Not sure we will get a new factal at least until ep 5 id like somthing completely new assets all so we can explore and feel like we are in an alien place so if that requires time im ok with them taking their time. Im game tho a cheeky cm added xD i want more of the harbinger.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

We will get more fractals – this Arkk story is far from finished. I would be shocked if we got it next week. It is too soon after the last fractal and they;ve had plenty of other stuff to work on I expect.

Maybe next episode or after (assuming there is a 6)

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I don’t know when we’ll see the next fractal, but I think it’s definitely something they should put some work into. Fractals seem fun, fairly rewarding, and they offer something for players at a range of skill levels.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

So now not saying anything is evidence of suggestion?
They also didn’t mention we would or wouldn’t get free legendaries mailed so I’ll be keeping a close eye on my mailbox

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Next

There is not a new fractal coming so soon I am afraid! We are working on the new fractal but still have a lot of work to do. It will ship when it is ready

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

hooray new fractal confirmed soon™

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

zealex.9410

There is not a new fractal coming so soon I am afraid! We are working on the new fractal but still have a lot of work to do. It will ship when it is ready

what about the new kind of challenge mode? the 100 cm was loved by the majority of the playerbase you need to make more of these ^^

zealex.9410

that was a given tho its not like nightmare was the last one they would ever make :/

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

Please consider adding a CM like 100 CM to this new fractal, its the best 5 man content in the game by far.

insanemaniac.2456

that was a given tho its not like nightmare was the last one they would ever make :/

player: hooray new fractal tomorrow
dev: nope
player: hooray new fractal next week
player: hooray new fractal next month
player: hooray new fractal next quarter
dev: …
player: hooray figured it out!!

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Attachments:

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Not a surprise really and if a wait means more high quality fractals, then that’s a good thing. Nightmare was probably the best “new” fractal since the fractals launched and Chaos has now really grown on me.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Please consider adding a CM like 100 CM to this new fractal, its the best 5 man content in the game by far.

Nightmare 100 CM works because it’s a boss fractal. So I hope rather than just slapping such a thing onto this new fractal, which may or may not be a boss fractal (I hope they keep a good amount of both!), they should add such to Mai Trin, Molten Duo, Swampland, and Solid Ocean fractals.

I bet they could make a good, fun challenging mote for non-boss fractals but I’m not sure folks would enjoy, for example, Chaos Isle challenge mote as much as they’ve enjoyed Nightmare challenge mote.

We’ll see.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

OnizukaBR.8537

Nightmare 100 CM works because it’s a boss fractal. So I hope rather than just slapping such a thing onto this new fractal, which may or may not be a boss fractal (I hope they keep a good amount of both!), they should add such to Mai Trin, Molten Duo, Swampland, and Solid Ocean fractals.

I bet they could make a good, fun challenging mote for non-boss fractals but I’m not sure folks would enjoy, for example, Chaos Isle challenge mote as much as they’ve enjoyed Nightmare challenge mote.

We’ll see.

Chaos is just as nightmare. You see chaos is Boss VG ( as people just run pass the platform), run in the snow mechanic, Boss Platform.
Nightmare is boss 1. Bullet hell mechanic, Boss 2. Boss 3.
Snowblind is “Mechanic of the fire, boss 1 , boss 2”.
So the bosses fractals are not differente from the others. The ones that are really different is the older ones that need a rework, like uncategorized.

insanemaniac.2456

The ones that are really different is the older ones that need a rework, like uncategorized.

different?

run past trash to boss room
run through puzzle to boss room

thats uncategorized

OnizukaBR.8537

The ones that are really different is the older ones that need a rework, like uncategorized.

different?

thats uncategorized

Its more of jumping puzzle, boss, puzzle stair, boss, jumping puzzle, boss.
If they removed all the annoying jumping puzzle with harpy that its just annoying nobody fail at it, it would be more in line with the others fractal.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

We’ll see.

Chaos is just as nightmare. You see chaos is Boss VG ( as people just run pass the platform), run in the snow mechanic, Boss Platform.
So the bosses fractals are not differente from the others. The ones that are really different is the older ones that need a rework, like uncategorized.

Speak english pls. Loterally took me 5-10min to dissect ur response to figure out wat the hell u were even talking about. Originally the only thing i understand was that bit about nightmare fractal. I dunno wat it is with playerbase but today i had a disturbing grp for xera where half of them couldnt speak english or else spoke disjointed english that no one else in grp could make hesds or tails of. The way u are wording that is almost as bad

I dont rly have a problem with boss fractal tbh. Prpvlem tho is that most of them are way too forgiving for pugs. Blooomhunger fight – kite and res, same brainless tactic, same 1-2 ppl dying all the time. Snowblind only has 1 real boss. The one at start i wouldnt rly comsider a boss, just like u wouldnt rly consider the boss at the very start of urban battleground fractal a boss. Theyre both a joke since even vet mobs hit harder than both of them. The one in snowblind doednt rly fight back. Its literally like fighting an ice wall.

Uncatorigized tho.. never was one of ny faves. Its too much a snoozefest to be taken seriously. Only really annoying pts about it is jumping platforms with random instabilities at their most terrifying – this where tentacle and flux bombs really shine.

Arun Kar

zealex.9410

We’ll see.

Speak english pls. Loterally took me 5-10min to dissect ur response to figure out wat the hell u were even talking about. Originally the only thing i understand was that bit about nightmare fractal. I dunno wat it is with playerbase but today i had a disturbing grp for xera where half of them couldnt speak english or else spoke disjointed english that no one else in grp could make hesds or tails of. The way u are wording that is almost as bad

I dont rly have a problem with boss fractal tbh. Prpvlem tho is that most of them are way too forgiving for pugs. Blooomhunger fight – kite and res, same brainless tactic, same 1-2 ppl dying all the time. Snowblind only has 1 real boss. The one at start i wouldnt rly comsider a boss, just like u wouldnt rly consider the boss at the very start of urban battleground fractal a boss. Theyre both a joke since even vet mobs hit harder than both of them. The one in snowblind doednt rly fight back. Its literally like fighting an ice wall.

Uncatorigized tho.. never was one of ny faves. Its too much a snoozefest to be taken seriously. Only really annoying pts about it is jumping platforms with random instabilities at their most terrifying – this where tentacle and flux bombs really shine.

Might wanna check your eyes took me far less than 5-10 mins to understand what he was saying.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

We’ll see.

Both guys were using proper english so everybody can understand it easily – even as a non-native speaker like me.
Besides that your written stuff is horrible – every single time. Do you want objective evidences? Here they are:

- pls
- Loterally
- ur
- dunno
- grp
- hesds
- Prpvlem
- tho
- ppl
- rly
- comsider
- Theyre
- doednt
- ny
- faves
- pts

I suggest you look at yourself first before critizising others about their wording.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

We’ll see.

>complains about english
>types of 3 paragraphs of pidgin

k

nagr.1593

I was typing on mobile and was trying not to spend as much time worrying about spelling (autocorrect wasn’t being helpful either) but the point is that you can easily infer what I was talking about even with my plethora of misspellings.

@Vinceman you wanna be that harsh about grammar (which was not even my main point of contention) then perhaps u should look up how to spell ur words as well.

Specific problems I had with understanding it was ‘chaos is boss VG’ (what?) and wordings like ‘pass the platforms’ and ‘nightmare is boss 1 (end of sentence)’.

Each of us understand wordings differently. If you say that it took u 5min more to digest something u were reading, there’s no cause to laugh at or ridicule that person. My point was that his syntax was all over the place, disregarding grammar of course. It was hard for me to understand it. Disregarding grammar for shorthand and ‘pidgin’ as it may well be, my syntax (and sentence construction) was just fine.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Vinceman.4572

I was typing on mobile and was trying not to spend as much time worrying about spelling (autocorrect wasn’t being helpful either) but the point is that you can easily infer what I was talking about even with my plethora of misspellings.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Your text is harder to read than the one you were critizising. Deal with it!

@Vinceman you wanna be that harsh about grammar (which was not even my main point of contention) then perhaps u should look up how to spell ur words as well.

No dude. If you want to criticize someone you have to be at least almost perfect in what you are criticizing or nobody will take you seriously.

Each of us understand wordings differently. If you say that it took u 5min more to digest something u were reading, there’s no cause to laugh at or ridicule that person. My point was that his syntax was all over the place, disregarding grammar of course. It was hard for me to understand it. Disregarding grammar for shorthand and ‘pidgin’ as it may well be, my syntax (and sentence construction) was just fine.

Stop sidestepping. Nobody had problems with the texts you mentioned. It definitely was your thing to not understand. Next try take your time, read it twice and understand before you start with your criticism.

nagr.1593

Again, difference of opinions here. You can’t honestly claim that ‘nobody’ had problems with the wording of his post, as u don’t speak for everyone. Quite a few people might have had problems with understanding his post merely from a cursory glance, which even i had to re-read some phrases multiple times before I understood what they were conveying apart from their face value. Even now I still don’t understand what he meant when he said ‘chaos is boss VG’ (can u clarify, please?)

And i was not sidestepping but merely addressing the issue bluntly. My problem was with syntax not misspellings as u pointed out differently. No one really cares about grammar on the internet, as acronyms abound. That you would accuse me of looking askance at his grammar is something I find offensive, as that was never my main intent. However u are free to have ur own opinions and misgivings as i have mine.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Vinceman.4572

You can’t honestly claim that ‘nobody’ had problems with the wording of his post, as u don’t speak for everyone.

You were the only one not understanding, so it is your thing, nothing else.

‘chaos is boss VG’ (can u clarify, please?)

1st boss of Chaos

nagr.1593

1 vote for against and 3 vote for (though I would think at least one of them of arguing for sake of arguing) is still liek 30% point of contention. If u wana discount my vote and say ‘nobody’ against then ok, but i can also discount all ur votes and say ‘nobody’ for either.

sound good.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Vinceman.4572

I can’t see any “votes” here, sry.

Fact is, you were the only one complaining while the count of views is still increasing a lot.

insanemaniac.2456

different?

thats uncategorized

If they removed all the annoying jumping puzzle with harpy that its just annoying nobody fail at it, it would be more in line with the others fractal.

the jumps are possible with cripple
stealth is a thing
i dont think its a problem that a fractal makes you be on point with your characters movement controls

zealex.9410

different?

thats uncategorized

stealth is a thing
i dont think its a problem that a fractal makes you be on point with your characters movement controls

mesmer portals are also a thing if you dont wonna bother being on point with your movement

zealex.9410

Specific problems I had with understanding it was ‘chaos is boss VG’ (what?) and wordings like ‘pass the platforms’ and ‘nightmare is boss 1 (end of sentence)’.

If you dont worry about your own wording why should the person you are critisizing worry about sentence structure? Both are equally important. Its like i try to lecture my little sister on how to properly eat her spagetti while im eating mine with my hands…

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

OMG, Fracdull players got a content progress update. Such bias!

#OnlyHalfJoking

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

insanemaniac.2456

different?

thats uncategorized

stealth is a thing

mesmer portals are also a thing if you dont wonna bother being on point with your movement

mesmer just reduces the requirement to 1 person instead of 5, but very good point

Previous

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Next

Let us avoid petty fights over grammar, or over anything off topic in general. It is counter productive and only makes it difficult for people to find meaningful discussion.

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Aye.. meaningful discussion is already hard enough to find

Arden.7480

Well I was hoping we would get a new fractal with episode 5….(((

When it’s ready? So does it mean it will be with 2nd expansion?

Ok I am hoping that it’s gonna be soon, maybe with episode 6?

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Hopefully. Love fractals.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Amaimon.7823

yea, it’s been a while since the last fractal, can we have a teaser for the next?
or is the fractal team fractalled?

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Definitely more cms like 100cm would be great. 100cm was the best addition to fractals ever.

Amaimon.7823

a fractal doesn’t even have to be at 100 to have a cm, since cm is an extra layer. You can insert a fractal at F5, F29, F54, F79, and F79CM would be as difficult as a F100cm

zealex.9410

yeah thats answer the cries of ppl asking for harder content i really love this. And hopefully they could go back and make the old cm’s like the new ones :/

Arden.7480

Hopefully. Love fractals.

Me too, Fractals are the reason I am still playing in this game.

Arden.7480

Any leaks about the new fractal?

Perhaps what we saw on the picture who announced that ep 6 is going to be on July 25
was a screenshot from Orr fractal. Once on Reddit I suggested Arah fractal who would take us to Arah before sinking.

We don’t know how it was looking then so maybe…

Previous

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

>:C

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Perhaps what we saw on the picture who announced that ep 6 is going to be on July 25
was a screenshot from Orr fractal. Once on Reddit I suggested Arah fractal who would take us to Arah before sinking.

We don’t know how it was looking then so maybe…

You won’t have to wait long, there’s a vid on the GW2 facebook announcing a fractal incoming on 7/25 with the ep6 release

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

>:C

It has been 5 months already? You worked hard.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Amaimon.7823

What a trailer. It’s literally nothing. Just some lights. I mean, you could’ve just write a Facebook post “new fractal”, if you’re not even gonna tease a single still image

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

What a trailer. It’s literally nothing. Just some lights. I mean, you could’ve just write a Facebook post “new fractal”, if you’re not even gonna tease a single still image

Which they did and more.

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

Waiiitttt….

We don’t know for sure that the LW3E6 announcement picture or what that_shaman found relates to the LW part of the update, making an Orr fractal possible;
The picture shows a verdant version of Orr with lots of water, a suitable habitat for an aquatic race such as the quaggans;
The fractal announcement video had a bunch of flashing lights, such as you might see at some kind of extreme dance party;

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Returning-Player-Fractals-Questions/first#post6545899

LEAK CONFIRMED!

So I guess this fractal tells the story of how Shashoo and the Pact Quaggans overthrew Balthazar and the rest in Orr to become the new gods of the humans? Thereby setting up the plot for the PoF expansion of course. Yes, it must be this. This theory is clearly foolproof. XD

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

This fractal trailer kinda reminded me of Omadd’s machine