Weekend Warriors = PuG Impossible

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

Friday to Monday is impossible to get ‘good’ LFG or PUG groups. This is mostly because of what we call “weekend warriors” that join groups. These are players who don’t spend much time on the game and just stroll in with zero gear, zero experience and just expect to faceroll everything and it will always cause a wipe.

I’m fed up of wasting hours in dungeons and fractals over weekends because of these people. You can put whatever you want in the LFG description and it’ll be ignored.

You ask for lv 80 Warriors and you’ll get a lv45 Necro and his lv30 Thief friend. you can put “Experienced only” and you’ll still get the WW people.

Since there’s no real way to prevent these WW from joining over weekends, can we please see the dungeons/fractals made easier Fri-Mon? Say a nice 75% damage nerf on bosses and 50% hp nerf or something. At least then the LFG groups won’t be failing repeatedly and we can get things done!

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Run with friends. You have friends in game, right? Even one or two friends will make a dungeon run loads better.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Your fault, everyone knows “experienced only” means “noobs welcome” actually.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

70 AR does too.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

70 AR does too.

From what I’ve seen, new people actually flock to those groups in hopes they’re the only new one in the group so they can be carried through/it doesn’t fall as much into weight that they don’t know the dungeon.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Wait so you want dungeons/fractals made easier because you have a hard time completing them on the weekends? Sorry but no. Punishing players who don’t get to play often on the weekend is the only thing that this would do. Even if you did, you’d still have the same issues, because its the weekenders who dont know the dungeon/fractal that are the issue, not the game being too hard for them. A full party of level 80s can wipe in queensdale if they dont know what they are doing and not paying attention. The best you can do is run “experienced lvl 80” lfgs, and interview each member before starting run. Otherwise you’re going to have a bad pug experience.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

I make my lfgs say “elitist jerks only.” Works like a charm.

Posted by: orgraal.9856

orgraal.9856

lol, got to try that.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

It’s not just the “weekend warriors” that suck, it’s the people that don’t communicate that do. I’m sick of all the people that are completely unresponsive when spoken to and aren’t willing to cooperate at all, so I can’t pug very often because that’s the bulk of what I always get whenever I do.

In FotM specifically it gets really irritating when you have more than say, 2 warriors. Ugh… especially because you know one of them’s gonna slot banner of defense and use rifle. Happens way too often to me

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

What do you think guilds are for? To get people who know what they are doing

Posted by: orgraal.9856

orgraal.9856

did the “elitist jerks only” lfg, worked like a charm. <3

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

What do you think guilds are for? To get people who know what they are doing

In theory practice is quite different

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

In theory practice is quite different

Well now I hate you badly
I swear when people smile to me that way I want to break their teeth.
/grumpycatmode
I’m such an elitist jerk Nobody would ever want to party up with me if I pugged. I’d force them to stop fashioning how they want. No more full cof red armor. /sob

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

lol its strange but is equal to lol for me. Ill try to refrain from all the smilies…. I wanted to put another one there too.

But yea Im like the only one in my guild who knows things. but I <3 the little buggers + much better at bf4 than gw2

im surprised it let me keep buggers

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

lol its strange but is equal to lol for me. Ill try to refrain from all the smilies…. I wanted to put another one there too.

But yea Im like the only one in my guild who knows things. but I <3 the little buggers + much better at bf4 than gw2

im surprised it let me keep buggers

Yeah, considering the alpkitten phenomenon it’s surprising…. They even censor hard sometimes on this forum!!!

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Serious, angry LFG posts = mostly sub-par runners.

Funny, ironic, and/or pithy LFG posts = typically better players that are a bit more easy going.

Or at least, this has been my experience. Had a group once that posted “Must bring beer.” So I stopped at Black Citadel and grabbed a few pints for the run, and linked them in party. They were soulbound, so I couldn’t share, but it was a fun, low stress, fast run with interesting folks.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD