Weekly Raid currency cap unincentivises help

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Raid-specific currency caps at 105. After a boss kill and some trash, you meet that cap rather quickly.

Therefore, after you’ve killed the bosses for yourself there is no incentive to help other groups with their own runs.

If we want to promote the player-friendly, helping culture we talk about, this should be rethought.

I want to help others on their boss kills, but I also want to be compensated for the many many hours that entails.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I think the cap just needs to be higher.

Posted by: xcheese.6345

xcheese.6345

This is true. Putting a cap on raid rewards leaves the people who are struggling alone when the raid finishers are capped out.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i didnt get any shards for actual kill of Gorseval after 6h of trying. also the rewards are weak af. 2nd wing should be 8g and 3rd wing 12g per boss, not 2, 2, 4.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I’m ok with the cap, but I agree it should be higher.

I beat VG with a pug group, and helped out my guild just to learn the initials of the fight. After that, I had very little incentive to go and help others learn it. I also wouldn’t mind a slight buff to the amount from beating it. Right now I could see bursting it down to 50% and then failing intentionally being a legitimate farming feature in the future.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

I wanted to help other people and thought “Do I really want to do this for many hours for 0 reward?”. No.
I still helped my friend for about 6 hours but it feels bad. If there was no cap I would have helped other people too but it was just too much time for nothing.
Strongly agree.

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

i didnt get any shards for actual kill of Gorseval after 6h of trying. also the rewards are weak af. 2nd wing should be 8g and 3rd wing 12g per boss, not 2, 2, 4.

Actually the rewards are pretty good. We took 2 new people along for our second clear today and completed it in a bit under 2 hours. 12g + events between bosses (2g total I think?) is not too bad. And you get guaranteed exotics, chance at ascended stuff, etc.

So once you have strategies down, rewards seem to be fine

I agree that the cap on magnetite shards has to be a lot higher though

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

There’s other incentives to help people beyond in-game rewards. However, without a cap to rewards, there’s a ton of other problems that pop up.

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Unfortunately raids like every other part of HoT contains a massive grind.

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

The rewards are good if the gold would be daily, because after one clear you end up with only 60+ Shards and basically a Week without Rewards other than Shards.
Helping others gives you nothing but costs for Food and that’s not how it should be, to re-clear with some gold rewards should be at least be a option.