Welcome to GW2 Raiding in Beta Weekend 3

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Paul Ella

Paul Ella

Producer

Next

Hi all,

Welcome to the Raids forum. The Raids team has been very busy over the past year putting together the first GW2 raids and we are now very excited to be able to share our creation with you. As part of Beta Weekend 3 you have the opportunity to experience the first boss, in the first wing of the first raid release.

A Pact expeditionary force has gone missing while exploring the furthest reaches of Verdant Brink. Shortly after entering the Forsaken Thicket all contact with the team was lost. Gather your comrades and brave this new area as you try to discover exactly what befell them. Note that the challenges ahead will be some of the hardest you have experienced in all your travels throughout Tyria.

It is important to remember the Raid content and the Enhanced squad UI are still in beta and while we feel the content is in a position to share with you, we do have enhancements and polish work scheduled. Below is a short list of those areas we know are outstanding.

Enhanced squad UI
• Open Squad control – a squad’s ability to self-organize vs. Commander controlled – is not yet enabled.
• As we change over to the new squad format there will be some disruption in the way existing squads work. Disbanding and forming a new squad should help iron out any lingering incompatibility.
• Squad member nameplates (the green rectangles representing each squad member in the UI) can become sized differently between subgroups. Resizing the overall UI should fix it.
• Calling a target (default CTRL+T) is currently squad-wide, but is planned to work per subgroup.
• Subgroup chat is not visible by default. It can be enabled in the chat window’s Tab Options if desired.
• Ability to hide other commander tags is not yet enabled. Currently your squad’s Commander tag will be highlighted when any tag is hovered over to make it easier to identify.
• The ability to see per subgroup and squad total supply count in WvW is not yet enabled.

Raids
• The ability to create a Commander less Raid squad with limited functionality is not yet enabled. During the Beta weekend players can pick up a Commander Compendium for your beta character from the NPC at the entrance to the raid.
• Squad leaders need to change the type of their squad to “Raid” in order to be able to enter the raid.
• Raiders will have access to ascended gear at a beta-only vendor inside the raid instance.
• Players will only have access to playing the first encounter of the raid wing.
• Achievements are not hooked up.
• Rewards are not hooked up.

To enter the Raid –

1. Complete the Silver Wastes tutorial mission
2. Enter the portal to Verdant Brink.
3. Complete the first story mission and enter the map.
4. If you don’t already have a commander tag, once you’re in Verdant Brink, speak to the NPC “Whispers Keeper” and ask him to make you a squad commander. (This commander tag will be available only for this beta weekend.)
5. Open your inventory bags and double click the Commander Compendium.
6. Check your ability to be a commander using the Party/Squad UI panel in the top left of your screen. There should be a “create” button with a commander tag dropdown menu.
7. After creating a squad, use the dropdown menu in the squad panel to select “Raid” as your squad type.
8. Invite your friends to the squad as you would with a party.
9. Once you are ready, enter the portal next to the Whispers Keeper.
10. You are now inside the BWE3 version of the raid. You will have access to the first boss encounter (Vale Guardian) and the area surrounding him.

We look forward to your feedback and we hope you enjoy your time in the Spirit Vale.

(edited by Paul Ella.2037)

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

so if i didn’t bought HOT yet i can test raids too?

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

so if i didn’t bought HOT yet i can test raids too?

Testing is only reserve for those who bought HOT.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Posted by: Vex.3021

Vex.3021

We cant enter the raid, we get booted back out after trying to enter.

Posted by: Rirgul.5302

Rirgul.5302

Squad and party UI is incredibly hard to make work. We needed to all be in the same shard to actually even try and create the squad.. then to get in the raid we had to try multiple times. “You must be in a raiding squad to enter a raid” – we were all in a sqaud.

It took until this point to get in! We’re gonna give it a go though!

(Also raid UI breaks combat mode mod.)

Posted by: sercommander.6817

sercommander.6817

Can’t leave squad(

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

Commander left squad, now I’m forever stuck inside a squad even though I’m not actually in one…

Ele for Hire

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Making subgroups seems either broken or unintuitive at this stage. Any pointers?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

Had some issues making a squad. When I converted to squad it disbanded the party and I couldn’t invite anyone to the squad. Eventually we got it working with about three of us, and went into the raid. When I left the raid it disbanded the squad and put us all in some kind of ghost party and I couldn’t make a squad anymore.

Posted by: Khovenost.7143

Khovenost.7143

I was inside a raid when that changed happend.. or at least i think so.
Now every time i try to log in that character the game crashes.

Lhun

Blackgate.

Posted by: Vex.3021

Vex.3021

We managed to get to vale guardian but after a full wipe we got kicked out of game and squad got automatically disbanded.
I believe is a buff u need to remove from boss to avoid the wipe, more tries required thou.

Posted by: Artemi.1437

Artemi.1437

A few things didn’t seem to work in the raid:
- We could rezz even full dead members while still fighting the guardians
- It was easy to get out of combat, while others were fighting the guardian. Even when i was still in range for the blue guardians aoe of doom, i instantly got out of combat after that attack.

Feedback about the guardians (our guild took down all three Color-Guardians, but got kicked out once we wiped at the 4th boss):
- Green one: He doesn’t seem to have any special mechanic to him? At least we just ganged up and beat him down, without any trouble, as far as i could tell.
- Blue one: this one gave us a bit of trouble, until we finally found out when his aoe of doom happens, and how to make him vulnerable. Don’t know why, but shouldn’t the blue orbs disappear with his death? Made the fight with the red one a bit harder.
- Red one: We first started with the wrong gear, after we changed that he fell, that there were blue and red orbs made it harder, but with coordination on a (more or less) chaotic level it was still doable. Don’t know how i feel about having to get a second set of ascended. But maybe we just missed a mechanic?

What i really liked: Summoned Creatures seemed to be immune against all of the bosses effects and aoe, which let them really shine.

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

A few things didn’t seem to work in the raid:
- We could rezz even full dead members while still fighting the guardians
- It was easy to get out of combat, while others were fighting the guardian. Even when i was still in range for the blue guardians aoe of doom, i instantly got out of combat after that attack.

Feedback about the guardians (our guild took down all three Color-Guardians, but got kicked out once we wiped at the 4th boss):
- Green one: He doesn’t seem to have any special mechanic to him? At least we just ganged up and beat him down, without any trouble, as far as i could tell.
- Blue one: this one gave us a bit of trouble, until we finally found out when his aoe of doom happens, and how to make him vulnerable. Don’t know why, but shouldn’t the blue orbs disappear with his death? Made the fight with the red one a bit harder.
- Red one: We first started with the wrong gear, after we changed that he fell, that there were blue and red orbs made it harder, but with coordination on a (more or less) chaotic level it was still doable. Don’t know how i feel about having to get a second set of ascended. But maybe we just missed a mechanic?

What i really liked: Summoned Creatures seemed to be immune against all of the bosses effects and aoe, which let them really shine.

The Guardians aren’t bosses so the rezzing isn’t disabled for them, neither is resetting them or running away and getting out of combat.

You can’t do any of those at the Vale Guardian, however. A short while after you engage him, walls spawn around the arena and everyone stays in combat until you all full-wipe (even players who stayed outside the arena).

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

One major bit of feedback I have is that the trash should probably not be Legendary because people keep thinking that they are bosses.