What do you think about necro in dungeon?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: onizaki.7240

onizaki.7240

2 days ago, I tried to find party via LFG to run SE path 1. I found 1 party so i got
in and waited until we had 5 people in party to run but then someone kicked me
out of party. i thought it was misunderstood or something. So i went back to LFG
and that party was still advising so i got in again but i was kicked out suddenly. So i whispered someone that seemed to be a leader. and he told me he kicked me out
‘cause i’m a necro.

What a mess!!! He didn’t know what my necro build or stat.

I’m a power mark-wellmancer. 0/25/25/20/0 even if I don’t have power trait but
my dagger/warhorn atk is 3100 and my staff atk is 3300 with armor 2600(dagger/
warhorn) , 2500(staff) and my life 20k. And I can support party with well that
can use target arear.

I use dagger/warhorn + staff. i can run as others class run. My dagger autoskill 1’s dps can beat many classes with many builds. I don’t know why he think every necro
suck at running dungeons. this thing disturb me all times while i’m playing GW2.

that’s why I make this thread and I wanna know about your opinions about necro
in dungeon.

(edited by onizaki.7240)

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Necros are pretty meh when it comes running dungeons since they lack any real party support. Their single target dmg is ok but since they can’t cleave in melee they become a lackluster. But here’s a necro build Brazil posted a few days ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1yoaqt/dnt_brazils_dps_necromancer_guide/

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

My opinion on necro’s in dungeons is that they’re awful in all respects and outclassed in everything they do save applying weakness.
Furthermore that build is pretty awful. Even with a good build Necro DPS falls short of real DPS like and ele or thief. Try adopting the build featured http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgRH-tiRSjU

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

Depends on the dungeon you were trying to do. Necros are mediocre in most dungeons but not terrible. They can do speed runs in the easier ones, but dungeons like arah that are riddled with 1 shots unless you have ample blocks/invades/invulnerabilities, ect you will become a liability and slow the team down. People that speed run are going for maximum speed and effectiveness, so if you make them take 2 mins longer than they want, they get mad. Dungeons are just not designed with necros in mind at all. They are designed around boon heavy classes and warriors. That doesn’t mean they can’t be done with a necro, but you’re not going to do efficient speed runs and unfortunately, rude people like the one you ran into care only about shaving off as much time as possible and will kick you for no reason. This is why if you run necro and want a dungeon group you always:

• advertise it yourself and enter the dungeon FIRST
  • advertise in big capital letters NO SPEED RUN (although this only works 25% of the time as people just spam click join and never bother to even read which path much less whether it’s a speed run or not)
  • or just don’t run necro and don’t worry about getting kicked from groups.

It’s a sad truth about the state of the class, but it is as much the community’s fault as the poor design of the class itself. Get used to it, I doubt it will change anytime soon.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

If you really like to speedrun dungeons you should lvl up another class. Even in a power build necros are not that great compared to other classes. But you can stomp those pve noobs on wvw and pvp though.

onizaki.7240

Depends on the dungeon you were trying to do. Necros are mediocre in most dungeons but not terrible. They can do speed runs in the easier ones, but dungeons like arah that are riddled with 1 shots unless you have ample blocks/invades/invulnerabilities, ect you will become a liability and slow the team down. People that speed run are going for maximum speed and effectiveness, so if you make them take 2 mins longer than they want, they get mad. Dungeons are just not designed with necros in mind at all. They are designed around boon heavy classes and warriors. That doesn’t mean they can’t be done with a necro, but you’re not going to do efficient speed runs and unfortunately, rude people like the one you ran into care only about shaving off as much time as possible and will kick you for no reason. This is why if you run necro and want a dungeon group you always:

• advertise it yourself and enter the dungeon FIRST
  • advertise in big capital letters NO SPEED RUN (although this only works 25% of the time as people just spam click join and never bother to even read which path much less whether it’s a speed run or not)
  • or just don’t run necro and don’t worry about getting kicked from groups.

It’s a sad truth about the state of the class, but it is as much the community’s fault as the poor design of the class itself. Get used to it, I doubt it will change anytime soon.

Actually I never wanna run a very long dungeon like Arah or others dungeon path that
have to use very long times. It’s just easy path. That was the first time that i had to be kicked out with a stupid reason(being a necro!!! ) even if it didn’t begin running ,
so very rude. I couldnt even prove that I can speed run at easy SE path 1.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

That guy was right, necros aren’t good class for speed-running dungeons. lack of cleave damage, vigor, blocks/invulns, mobility and especially buffing party
you shouldn’t be suprised for the kick

onizaki.7240

My opinion on necro’s in dungeons is that they’re awful in all respects and outclassed in everything they do save applying weakness.
Furthermore that build is pretty awful. Even with a good build Necro DPS falls short of real DPS like and ele or thief. Try adopting the build featured http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgRH-tiRSjU

I don’t want to use full zerker or less life and armor so that’s why I use this trait build.
I can still do high dps and still stay alive last longer. I don’t have any problems with mobs, ’cause of well and mark

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

staff is bad dps right? and dagger can’t cleave right? So honestly that’s the only thing I hate about power necro.

onizaki.7240

staff is bad dps right? and dagger can’t cleave right? So honestly that’s the only thing I hate about power necro.

i always carry axe too up to situations. But u know dagger is great dps weapon for me
when stacking at boss and warhorn use for support and siphon life from loust swarm. Staff, it’s useful for kill trash mob combo with well. don’t forget death shroud too

(edited by onizaki.7240)

laokoko.7403

i always carry axe too up to situations. But u know dagger is great dps weapon for me
when stacking at boss and warhorn use for support and siphon life from loust swarm. Staff, it’s useful for kill trash mob combo with well. don’t forget death shroud too

I’m not an expert at the game. But power necro “do have less consistent” aoe than the other class right? Other class can just auto attack and do more aoe damage than necro.

That’s really the only thing I dislike about necro. That and condition can’t go over 25 stack, and condition do no damage against structure.

onizaki.7240

I’m not an expert at the game. But power necro “do have less consistent” aoe than the other class right? Other class can just auto attack and do more aoe damage than necro.

That’s really the only thing I dislike about necro. That and condition can’t go over 25 stack, and condition do no damage against structure.

“Other class can just auto attack and do more aoe damge than necro”
Are you sure? Did you used to stand on well of suffering for 6 seconds when power necro use it? Just try it u will know what i mean.

but about conditions i agree with u. it’s suck on PVE. i tried T-T

(edited by onizaki.7240)

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

Are you sure? Did you used to stand on well of suffering for 6 seconds when power necro use it? Just try it u will know what i mean.

I used to main a power necro in full zerker. Well of suffering ticks between 2k and 4k depending on how you’re traited. Thats about the average damage of a DPS warrior axe auto-attack. The sixth blow of the auto-attack chain even doubles this, so yes, you are providing an under average DPS, while bringing no utility to the party AND covering the floor with a sub-optimal combo field.

I feel sorry for you because I lived everything you are experiencing, from not wanting to go zerker to trying to prove necros can get the job done. In the end, if we are speaking optimization and speed runs, necros don’t belong in a group. If you want to talk about this further, my MP’s open.

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Necro is borderline useless in groups. A well built necro like 30/25/0/0/15 or maybe 20/25/0/0/25(I don’t know which is better honestly) is obviously better than the average staff healer guardian or shoutheal warrior. But if we assume everybody runs meta or close to it other classes are way better. Necro has no cleave on their max dps weapon. Actually they have almost no cleave at all on autos.
The guy was super polite so I don’t get why you’re so upset. Also your build looks terribad.
On a happier note, in my 3-day experience with necro I have never been kicked from Arah. I can almost feel their resent though. But then, I don’t really get carried.
Also because you didn’t censor the name your post will be deleted soon.

onizaki.7240

I used to main a power necro in full zerker. Well of suffering ticks between 2k and 4k depending on how you’re traited. Thats about the average damage of a DPS warrior axe auto-attack. The sixth blow of the auto-attack chain even doubles this, so yes, you are providing an under average DPS, while bringing no utility to the party AND covering the floor with a sub-optimal combo field.

I feel sorry for you because I lived everything you are experiencing, from not wanting to go zerker to trying to prove necros can get the job done. In the end, if we are speaking optimization and speed runs, necros don’t belong in a group. If you want to talk about this further, my MP’s open.

thank you , about well of suffering i mean for PVE it’s good ‘cause it can stack vulunable
pretty well than make party’s dps go higher.

And no matter what happen i still play necro as my main character.

onizaki.7240

Necro is borderline useless in groups. A well built necro like 30/25/0/0/15 or maybe 20/25/0/0/25(I don’t know which is better honestly) is obviously better than the average staff healer guardian or shoutheal warrior. But if we assume everybody runs meta or close to it other classes are way better. Necro has no cleave on their max dps weapon. Actually they have almost no cleave at all on autos.
The guy was super polite so I don’t get why you’re so upset. Also your build looks terribad.
On a happier note, in my 3-day experience with necro I have never been kicked from Arah. I can almost feel their resent though. But then, I don’t really get carried.
Also because you didn’t censor the name your post will be deleted soon.

you know what all that builds that u said I used to play it all……
And you said the guy polite for me. he kicked me 2 times without the begining of run throught dungeon and without whispered to me why he kicked me. And i had to whisper to him… Is this polite?

p.s. and about photo i’m gonna take it out. i forgot to censor his name sorry for that.

(edited by onizaki.7240)

laokoko.7403

The thing with well is it does have a cooldown. I dont’ know if power necro have better burst aoe or not. But necro dont’ have good “consistent” aoe damage unless they go condition.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

30/25 is max dps. 20/25 is more pug/open world viable due to better fury uptime.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Necros are pretty broken right now. Limited support, which is more often than not offered by professions (i.e. weakness and vuln) in a better method, but dealing more DPS than the Necro, while bringing even more support than that to the group.

Pretty much every class can cover 5-6 stacks of vuln on a boss, which makes the “burst” vuln from WoS uncessary. Also for where weakness is necessary (high tier fractals) your Warriors usually have Warhorn on and a Thief traited for weakness on crit. Both these outshine Necros in this field, while they also do other things better.

I understand why Necros get kicked – especially when playing PUG roulette – as it is pretty selfish and a good Necro running meta builds would just be worth more on a different profession, say a Thief or another Ele.

Oh, and of course wells overriding fire fields is terrible.

Really, if you want to play a Necro you either need to join non-speedrun groups, or find a group of friends. Then pick up the meta – look at Spoj’s signature. He’s an okay Necro I guess :P

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

There have already been multiple threads in the last month where we all got to say “necros are useless in dungeons, reroll another class.” I wish people would just look up those threads instead of starting new ones.

Let’s see if I can get this thread thrown into the necro forum

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

My opinion: Tough.

A friend of mine plays necro in fractals as well. And she does it pretty pretty well. However, every time we mess up, she is always the first person to take the blame; even though sometimes I was the cause and late in apology. It seems the necro stigma has taken deep root because peeps don’t know the class well, and real speed run doesn’t favor them.

So last night, we made a troll LFG of Fractals 50 with 4 necros and no one came for a good 20 minutes It remained so for another 10 minutes after 3 of us changed classes and 4 man Swamp. Kinda funny when compared to ‘Zerker. Gearcheck. Heavies only’ groups that filled much faster than ours.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Ruruuiye.8912

Ruruuiye.8912

To be fair, OP isn’t talking about high end Fractals, Aetherpath or Arah here which are where Necros really have to work to market themselves in my experience. I don’t think any of the first seven really justifies kicking a necro these days. You’ll literally lose more time waiting for someone to jump on the LFG even at primetime.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

2 days ago, I tried to find party via LFG to run SE path 1. I found 1 party so i got
in and waited until we had 5 people in party to run but then someone kicked me
out of party. i thought it was misunderstood or something. So i went back to LFG
and that party was still advising so i got in again but i was kicked out suddenly. So i whispered someone that seemed to be a leader. and he told me he kicked me out
‘cause i’m a necro.

What a mess!!! He didn’t know what my necro build or stat.

I’m a power mark-wellmancer. 0/25/25/20/0 even if I don’t have power trait but
my dagger/warhorn atk is 3100 and my staff atk is 3300 with armor 2600(dagger/
warhorn) , 2500(staff) and my life 20k. And I can support party with well that
can use target arear.

I use dagger/warhorn + staff. i can run as others class run. My dagger autoskill 1’s dps can beat many classes with many builds. I don’t know why he think every necro
suck at running dungeons. this thing disturb me all times while i’m playing GW2.

that’s why I make this thread and I wanna know about your opinions about necro
in dungeon.

Sorry bud, I think our group would do the same. Of course we would encourage you bring a different class to PvE rather than kicking right away.

Your Vitality isn’t important in our dungeon runs and the “wells” are a huge problem for dungeon runs. The numbers you’re rattling off for DPS are pretty low and would drop the party’s DPS.

As far as I know, necros do pretty well with vuln stacking? It could be useful except we always have vuln. regardless. In short, there is little that you would bring to the table and much that you could detract from the team.

It’s not a personal thing. It’s just a class that needs some work.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

The stupid thing is if you’re a good necro you’re going to contribute five times as much to the party as a bad warrior.

But it gets stupider, since the times of the most commonly run dungeons are all 15 minutes or less. Oh no, that good necro cost us 19 seconds on our total time, and that warrior dying constantly cost us 3 minutes.

I never kick anyone when I host, it just does not matter for single runs. If I wanted to farm tokens for a legendary (which is dumb since you’ll get them just casually doing your daily runs) I might care about forming the perfect team.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Well, I believe the idea is to avoid bad players in general. There isn’t a need for many Warriors either. Just the one or two will suffice. Team synergy isn’t about catchphrases like “heavies only” despite what your PuG LFG may lead one to believe. A single good Warrior offers what our team needs while a good Necro does not. Even a guildie playing a Necro should be playing something else for an optimal team build.

If that’s not important to you, then ignore it and carry on with using the LFG tool. If you are building a team for speed clearing for the purpose of dungeon touring, I suggest you look at an alternate class that is able to boost group deficiencies.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Ruruuiye.8912

Ruruuiye.8912

Again, this isn’t about running with guilds or speed runs or even doing hard content. I mean you can rattle on about how necros are garbage in PvE and I’d agree considering I main a necro but are you really expecting a fast run when using LFG? I mean seriously, we’re talking about pugs here kitten .

Posted by: Leap.2760

Leap.2760

Necromancer doesn’t contribute as much as most other classes, and when in the hands of the wrong player, actually cause significant grief for a speed run. We’ve been trying to speed run dungeons lately, gotten everyone to stack and pull the mob just right for our warrior to burst down only to have a necromancer fear them away or something ridiculously dumb. Sadly, it’s easier to just say lfg speed run no necromancer, because we get through our dungeons faster. It’s sad, but true.

I’ve been looking into the class lately and realize it’s fine, much like rangers, but often times it’s just from a bad experience with them in PUG groups. Warriors have much less potential to do something stupid.

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Necro’s are okay-ish, but op, the build you’re using doesn’t exactly give meaningful contribution to a party compared to other options available & you would probably still get kicked if they can inspect your traits/gear.

You are using a lackluster weapon(staff) & wasted trait points for it plus Wells too when you could’ve chosen an offhand Focus instead(more vuln) and damage modifiers traits to improve your DPS.

Don’t get me wrong, I run the same trait setup but only for WvW zerging where Staff & Wells have great utility, but for dungeons you are just dead weight compared to other avaible options.

Also, the utilities you are traiting for(wells for vuln/blind, staff for chill?) can be done with ease by other classes running meta damage builds so there is no reason to bring you to a group when your are doing less damage and bringing less support.

The least you can do is shoot for max damage(20/25/0/0/25 or 30/25/0/0/15) while not ignoring the available support you can give(untraited well, focus, wh, maybe weakness if you’re running 25 SR).

onizaki.7240

Necro’s are okay-ish, but op, the build you’re using doesn’t exactly give meaningful contribution to a party compared to other options available & you would probably still get kicked if they can inspect your traits/gear.

You are using a lackluster weapon(staff) & wasted trait points for it plus Wells too when you could’ve chosen an offhand Focus instead(more vuln) and damage modifiers traits to improve your DPS.

Don’t get me wrong, I run the same trait setup but only for WvW zerging where Staff & Wells have great utility, but for dungeons you are just dead weight compared to other avaible options.

Also, the utilities you are traiting for(wells for vuln/blind, staff for chill?) can be done with ease by other classes running meta damage builds so there is no reason to bring you to a group when your are doing less damage and bringing less support.

The least you can do is shoot for max damage(20/25/0/0/25 or 30/25/0/0/15) while not ignoring the available support you can give(untraited well, focus, wh, maybe weakness if you’re running 25 SR).

In dungeon, I rarely use staff. Mostly dagger all times and i carry axe too, to swtich when it’s hard to do melee.

this trait build that I use ‘cause my gears are almost all zerker so I don’t want my necro lack of armor and life so that’s why I use 0/25/25/20/0 . Also I can use this triat build for WvW.

p.s. now I’m trying DS cri 100% build.just in progress.

(edited by onizaki.7240)

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

In dungeon, I rarely use staff. Mostly dagger all times and i carry axe too, to swtich when it’s hard to do melee.

this trait build that I use ‘cause my gears are almost all zerker so I don’t want my necro lack of armor and life so that’s why I use 0/25/25/20/0 . Also I can use this triat build for WvW.

p.s. now I’m trying DS cri 100% build.just in progress.

You are trying to compensate need of survival stats by trait points and picking trash traits.

A better way would be to change some berserkers parts for knights gear instead, if you absolutely must need a certain amount of armor/vitality instead of taking berserkers and picking lackluster trait lines for toughness/vit to compensate. Then slowly work your way up to full berserkers as you get better.

If you absolutely must range, yes axe 2 + lifeblast while waiting for cooldown is good.

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Thief traited for weakness on crit.

Really now?

onizaki.7240

Here this is my build for pve

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBIhZakRrSPUzTjfPBIzA7nnU494xMGeZA-jgxAYfBxEYR0YbDFRjVXjpcHiqKGGA-e

You can see my necro stats on the balance, still pretty high dmg , life , armor.
That makes my necro do everything and i can support party a little bit with wells
than provide protection.

I hope you understand my point. I just want my necro stats on balance and survival.
And I always know that staff has low dps. In dungeon and outside i always use dagger
(or axe up to situations)/warhorn. Staff just for trash mob and gaining vital force from long range.

But if it has some balance builds that better than mine. You can guide me thank you

Posted by: notabot.3497

notabot.3497

The attack value stat that shows up in game and on that editor isn’t a real measure of offense. There is another editor that shows the effective offensive ability much better. Your damage is a quite a bit below par, even for a necro. Your trait choices are fairly terrible. Your wells aren’t really wanted due to protection not being required for regular dungeons or low/mid fractals, and they are annoying dark fields.

“balanced” build is another way of saying party load as far as I’m concerned.
You don’t need high life or armor if you are any good. I’m not any good with necro (its my 5th character in terms of play time) but I can stay up in full dps meta. They have plenty of survival built into them as is. Since necros are correctly understood to be underwhelming for dungeons, you need to be good and max damage to even equal to the average pug zerker.

I completely understand why groups kick necro players, as most are like most ranger players: Fairly horrible and don’t know their class/refuse to play in a way that works for group play. I personally won’t kick somebody for being necro, or second a kick vote. But I won’t complain or have issue if somebody else does it. Because unlike a good ranger who is correctly traited (spotter+frost spirit, melee weapons, and dps pets), the same thing on necro still doesn’t provide anything in particular that another class can’t offer. To give you an idea where I am, I will kick staff guardians without giving them a chance but will give a necro or ranger a chance to prove themselves (usually for a whole run, but I’ll kick before running the next path), and I never kick engineers.

onizaki.7240

The attack value stat that shows up in game and on that editor isn’t a real measure of offense. There is another editor that shows the effective offensive ability much better. Your damage is a quite a bit below par, even for a necro. Your trait choices are fairly terrible. Your wells aren’t really wanted due to protection not being required for regular dungeons or low/mid fractals, and they are annoying dark fields.

“balanced” build is another way of saying party load as far as I’m concerned.
You don’t need high life or armor if you are any good. I’m not any good with necro (its my 5th character in terms of play time) but I can stay up in full dps meta. They have plenty of survival built into them as is. Since necros are correctly understood to be underwhelming for dungeons, you need to be good and max damage to even equal to the average pug zerker.

I completely understand why groups kick necro players, as most are like most ranger players: Fairly horrible and don’t know their class/refuse to play in a way that works for group play. I personally won’t kick somebody for being necro, or second a kick vote. But I won’t complain or have issue if somebody else does it. Because unlike a good ranger who is correctly traited (spotter+frost spirit, melee weapons, and dps pets), the same thing on necro still doesn’t provide anything in particular that another class can’t offer. To give you an idea where I am, I will kick staff guardians without giving them a chance but will give a necro or ranger a chance to prove themselves (usually for a whole run, but I’ll kick before running the next path), and I never kick engineers.

thank you for your advice. looks like i have to turn back to be more damages build that i used to use T-T