What happened to HotW? It's really hard now!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Hirvela the Lost on path 1 had an endless supply of summons. They would not stop spawning.

I hope someone can explain these “balance” adjustments to dungeons. It was a good, strong party I was in and it took us hours to complete.

Also, I know for a fact that I have not been to HotW dungeon in more than a week, yet I only recieved 20 tokens. I did go through TA, yesterday, but that should not count, should it?

Maybe I am a noob but I do not plan on going back into a dungeon until I understand if there was a change, or if the endless army was just a random occurrence.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

HotW hard? Where? It’s one of the easiest dungeons out there for all three paths :/

TA, now that’s a hard dungeon.

Posted by: climhazzard.5897

climhazzard.5897

Uh just did path 1 last night and didn’t have any troubles, couple of members got downed a few times on the final boss but thats about it. I did notice some upgrades (adds) from the last time we ran it but it still wasn’t that hard.

(edited by climhazzard.5897)

Posted by: Aleph Naught.9034

Aleph Naught.9034

The ‘staircase’ boss of path 1 has been bugged for quite some time now – 3 veteran adds respawn randomly throughout the fight, sometimes often, sometimes not. What makes me think it’s bugged is the fact that sometimes they despawn. On unlucky runs veterans spawn almost non-stop (as soon as the previous 3 have been killed/despawned). It’s not that hard by any means, just extremely annoying.

Mild Delirium | Innuendum [ENDO] | Gandara

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

if your in melee range the adds will spawn, that includes the npc , ranger pets, illusions etc. Devs have not responded to multiple threads asking if this change was intended

the the strat we do now, is run past the boss up the stairs onto the ledge on the right and kill the adds as they come up there. and just range the boss from up there. adds will keep coming until the npc dies, after that you can just range him down.

which for the record is a lot more boring than when I could melee him on my warrior or guardian

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: Aleph Naught.9034

Aleph Naught.9034

We run past the boss up the stairs as well, but this way sometimes you get 6+ adds., which… complicates things. All in all, it’s a very boring and annoying fight now. I used to mostly melee the guy on my mesmer and it was fun. I guess Anet wanted to make the fight harder, but instead they just made it longer.

Mild Delirium | Innuendum [ENDO] | Gandara

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

haven’t run it since. o wait, actually once. and we were lucky in a sense that the adds weren’t infinite. maybe only 3 waves before we got the boss down. still want to run more of HotW as i love the surroundings and looking to get some weapons.. but haven’t gotten to it yet. :///

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Just re-ran path 1 and Hirvela did not have an infinite supply of adds. The six pulsing frost/snow piles did not keep respawning them. Not sure what that was all about during the first run today but it sure made us miserable.