What is it best to do if your party exploits?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Earlier today I was running Arah p3, and it was a decent run with minimal deaths until we got to lupi. Well, we didnt die there, but instead my party exploited in some way to make him die almost instantly. Completely in the dark bout this and just thinking we had HUGE dps I continued until another party member said that doing tht was risky and people could get banned. When I asked why he said we exploited, so I left the party without doing anything else in the dungeon and didn’t collect any rewards.

Did I do the right thing in that situation? If not please tell me what to do because I want to have no part in any exploited dungeon runs.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: Ettanin.8271

Ettanin.8271

You are not the one who actively exploited. You clearly involuntarily took part in that exploit, as that can be seen from your active behavior after the event. You’ll likely not get punished. Next time though report the exploiter for exploiting, then file a bug report (use the ingame function – posting exploits publicly is forbidden) reporting the exploit.

(edited by Ettanin.8271)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Don’t worry about it.

What they did was have a guard throw wall of reflection on the wall behind Lupi using the Consecrated Ground trait. Poke around on youtube and you’ll see some hilarious examples.

It’s been going on for a while, with people publically posting videos of it, and ArenaNet hasn’t actioned those people, made a statement about it, or attempted to fix it in a patch. They likely will try to fix it in a patch at some point, but until then, it seems to be considered just a clever use of skills that they don’t feel like actioning. Cheap trick? Absolutely. Exploit? Apparently not.

Don’t do it if you’re not comfortable with it, but being in a party that does it won’t get you in trouble. Like I said, people have publically posted videos of themselves doing it and no one at ANet seems to mind. :-)

If they do consider this an exploit, they should let us know, but they’d have a hell of time enforcing any punishments for it, unless they stuck a GM in each Arah instance for Lupi…

Edit: Here’s an example.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

It’s not a kittening exploit. Geez people throw that word around so much. It’s clever use of mechanics!
Yes it is cheesy but it’s not illegal in any way.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

As far as I know, there are no known Lupi killing exploits. Did you not think to ask the rest of the party why Lupi died so fast? You might have learned something.

Posted by: Wollowitz.9174

Wollowitz.9174

so lets assume people exploit and you witnesss it, how do you report them?
There is no such option if you right klick them and choose report.
There is also no way how to report griefers.

In both cases I did write an ingane ticket by choosing “General PVE” + “Dungeons” + “Exploitable Issue” until now.
Not the best way to report tho.

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Its not an exploit. Think how many people can actually do it consistently without failing, and if the guard dies by locusts WoR loses its function. Also even if lupi is “walled” per se, he can still attack with his claw and AoE.
Also mesmer fb, focus 4 can also produce the same/similar results, and even if the guardian isn’t running the consecrated trait wall, with a good party he/she can still one shot lupi on phase 2 without walling it. It’s a clever game mechanic that took people 2 years to find it.

Tour

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Using skills in this game confirmed exploit.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

It is in the same category as FGS rush, exploit? no, unintended? probably.

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

This is definitely not an exploit. And I can guarantee you that if I try to do this on my guardian, I will most likely fail It is a case of perfectly timed reflects.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

you don’t “time” a guardian’s reflect. you put down WoR after phase 1 and pray to rngsus (with my ping anyway)

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

And that gives you plenty of time to put it down too late or on the wrong spot

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

you don’t “time” a guardian’s reflect. you put down WoR after phase 1 and pray to rngsus (with my ping anyway)

Or you just put it down when lupi-sempai appears to have chest pains ;3

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

If arenanet viewed it as a serious exploit they would’ve patched it, no? That’s what they usually do when something in PvE is broken, right?

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

If arenanet viewed it as a serious exploit they would’ve patched it, no? That’s what they usually do when something in PvE is broken, right?

10/10, I laughed

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

Earlier today I was running Arah p3, and it was a decent run with minimal deaths until we got to lupi. Well, we didnt die there, but instead my party exploited in some way to make him die almost instantly. Completely in the dark bout this and just thinking we had HUGE dps I continued until another party member said that doing tht was risky and people could get banned. When I asked why he said we exploited, so I left the party without doing anything else in the dungeon and didn’t collect any rewards.

Did I do the right thing in that situation? If not please tell me what to do because I want to have no part in any exploited dungeon runs.

Just run ele and pop Swirling Winds in phase 2, though you might get kicked

Just another Arah veteran

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

But Lupi doesn’t kick in phase 2

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: Alex.9106

Alex.9106

Its much safer to use a sigil of paralysation and just interrupt his aoe in p2, that way it doesnt matter what profession you play and they cant kick you, because nobody knows who did it.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Lol, 10/10 would laugh again <3

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I think a lot of people are quite passive about exploits. Let the rest of the group do their thing, keep your head down so you don’t get kicked, don’t encourage anyone to exploit. If you see people doing something that you are sure is worth a ban then stay clear of it (such as getting a dungeon reward chest to appear every minute). If you see something that offends you then go ahead and report it.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Lol, 10/10 would laugh again <3

Giganticus Lupicus grew to phase 2!

Giganticus Lupicus wants to learn Slap but Giganticus Lupicus already knows 4 moves! Should a move be forgotten to make space for Slap?

1, 2 and… Poof! Giganticus Lupicus forgot Kick and… Giganticus Lupicus learned Slap!

Giganticus Lupicus wants to learn Lupine Barrage but Giganticus Lupicus already knows 4 moves! Should a move be forgotten to make space for Barrage?

1, 2 and… Poof! Giganticus Lupicus forgot Magic Grub Wand and… Giganticus Lupicus learned Lupine Barrage!

Giganticus Lupicus wants to learn Poison Bolt but Giganticus Lupicus already knows 4 moves! Should a move be forgotten to make space for Poison Bolt?

1, 2 and… Poof! Giganticus Lupicus forgot Spew Grub and… Giganticus Lupicus learned Poison Bolt!

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

What is best to do if your party exploits?
Be sure to know how the game works before accusing people maybe?

Reflect is a skill: its purpose is… to reflect projectiles.
Using skill in their intended way is not an exploit.

Anet only cares for PvP so we get those ridiculous attack that if reflect to the boss kill him fast.

ANET answer usually is making everything unreflectable and unblockable, and then nerfing Critical damage and dps if people do the only thing left in the game: damage.

But will never be able to ban anyone for using skills exactly as intended.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

What is best to do if your party exploits?
Be sure to know how the game works before accusing people maybe?

Reflect is a skill: its purpose is… to reflect projectiles.
Using skill in their intended way is not an exploit.

Anet only cares for PvP so we get those ridiculous attack that if reflect to the boss kill him fast.

ANET answer usually is making everything unreflectable and unblockable, and then nerfing Critical damage and dps if people do the only thing left in the game: damage.

But will never be able to ban anyone for using skills exactly as intended.

Pretty much this.

Now if by somehow reflecting his attack you caused him to stop attacking forever or the rest of the dungeon to freeze up, then that would be a bug that should be reported (see: Bouquet of Roses vs Lupicus) however reflecting a projectile doesn’t really seem that far-fetched.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

This ‘exploit’-avoiding behaviour is so ridiculous in this game. Every kittening day I see a thread if this and that is an exploit and are afraid of getting banned etc.

What the hell? Just play, probably they used the ground targeted on top of wall Guardian WoR-trick to kill Lupi fast. Who cares, it’s doable in the game and if they don’t fix it, you can use it.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

As far as I know, there are no known Lupi killing exploits. Did you not think to ask the rest of the party why Lupi died so fast? You might have learned something.

You used to be able to break him by throwing the rose bouquet at him.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

… That is incredibly amusing. XD “Lupi just wants love!”