What is the meta roster for raids?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Q:

What is the 10 player group that people are using nowadays after the patch?

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

Well it varies depending on the fight. For every boss most groups will contain the following:

1 Druid
1 Chronomancer
1 Revenant
2 PS Warriors

And the rest will be DPS or utility depending on the fight. Tempest is the current top DPS with Thief being a close second. Guardian gives good damage and useful support with protection, fury, and quickness. Some groups will also run a second druid (not healing focused) or a second chronomancer to maximize group buffs.

Engineer is the most commonly desired condi class. Necromancer deals decent DPS but doesn’t have the engineer’s CC and necro’s highest DPS build bugs Sabetha out badly.

A common VG comp would be:

1 Druid
1 Chrono
1 Rev
2 PS War
3 Engineer
1 Guardian
1 Tempest / Thief

For Gorseval:
1 Druid
1 Chrono
1 Rev
2 PS War
1 Engineer
2 Tempest (Staff)
2 Tempest / Thief

For Sabetha:
For Gorseval:
1 Druid
1 Chrono
1 Rev
2 PS War
1 Guardian
2 Tempest
1-2 Tempest / Thief
0-1 Engineer / Necro

Note that I don’t think that these are necessarily the best comps possible for these fights. This is just a reflection of what people like to bring.

Posted by: DeoDose.4237

DeoDose.4237

For every Boss:

2x Druid
2x Ps Warr
1x Rev
1x-2x Mesmer
1x-2x Ele
0x-1x Thief

+Guard/Reaper depending on boss.

So everything is totally fine and has it’s uses, only Engi is excluded from “Metaruns” but are okay for PUGs.

skill>class
If your guild has 10 good Guards, ill pick them over a 10 okayish metaplayers all the time

(edited by DeoDose.4237)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I don’t think you can find 1 meta composition tbh. There is a lot of stuff that work well, how do you define the meta? The composition that give the fastest time? So many video with different composition, gonna need to go through a lot of video to find the best, and not all raids are on video on the net. IMO too much variance with 10 players to find 1 meta compo. But, here what most people consider a good compo skeleton.

1) PS Warrior, Druid, X, X, X
2) PS Warrior, X, X
3) Herald, Chronomancer

The ’’X’’ can be different things. You can put a tank in the second party if your chronomancer isn’t a chronotank.

You can put a 2nd druid in the second group for more offensive buff, usually in that situation you want both your druid to be a bit more dps oriented.

Other than that, the 3 main professions to fit the remaining spot are Thief, Elementalist and Guardian. The dps rank is Ele, Thief and Guardian. Thief and Guardian have an easier rotation and Guaridan provide perma protection.

But you usually want to put your Herald, Mesmer in a seperate party because you mesmer have the sigil of concentration and can provide squad wide quickness. Since most ppl don’t pay 175 gold for that sigil, a more traditional compo can work very good too.

1) PS Warrior, Herald, Mesmer, Druid, X
2) PS Warrior, X, X, X, X

In that situation, you want to put your highest dps in the last spot of the 1st party, so a D/W Tempest ideally.

Like with the first comp. You can put a second druid in the 2nd party. You can also do the same with a 2nd Mesmer.

The remaining, will be either a tank (in the 2nd group) or one of the 3 best dps : Thief, Elementalist or Guardian.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Oh this is a great thread. Thaddeus, does it mean that if you put buffers into a separate group, they give boons to all 10 players? Am I right when I say that chrono+herald in group 3 first give boons to group 2, and then group 1, and then again group 2?

Basically I want to figure out the mechanics behind giving out boons and why to divide squad into more than 2 groups.

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

Oh this is a great thread. Thaddeus, does it mean that if you put buffers into a separate group, they give boons to all 10 players? Am I right when I say that chrono+herald in group 3 first give boons to group 2, and then group 1, and then again group 2?

Basically I want to figure out the mechanics behind giving out boons and why to divide squad into more than 2 groups.

The reason to put the Mesmer and revenant into a separate sub group is to make it so that the Mesmer will give out the quickness more evenly. The only general problem with doing it this way say over double Mesmer is the buffs aren’t always going to spread consistently post squad swapping removal. So one run you might get 80% up time on quickness over all 10 players and other times you might get 55% up time only difference being the positioning of people on a given run.

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Most buffing/boon distribution skills have a cap of 5 and uses the following prioritization when multiple players are within the Area of Effect: Caster > Party members of Caster > Other Players > Player Companions based on proximity to epicenter of skill.

So in the case of Group 3 Chrono+Herald all spells cast by the Chrono will look to apply to his Herald party members first if he is in range of the spell. Afterwards the 3 closest players to the spell will be affected. Note that pulsing attacks recalculate their priority with each pulse so it may not be the same 3 players getting all pulses of a spell if they walk further away from the spell or if someone else moves in closer. The key is to run +Boon Duration so the small applications of Quickness adds up across all 10 Squad members vs in a party of 5 little to no +Boon duration is needed to achieve high/perma uptime on Quickness.

Granted, if your Chrono has a rather aggressive boon duration setup. You can do without the Herald. Though, a Chrono setup like that will be on the expensive/time consuming side to collect and, personally, I find the setup awkward to use because of the timing on the sigil.

Reason you want PS Warriors in each Sub is to make sure Group 1 and 2 and capping on Might. Group 3 mostly gets the leftover Might as well as the Might generated from the Herald. Other than that you just want to be mindful of what buffs are in what squad. E.G. You don’t want to have Sun Spirit on your Druid if he’s in a Power-based Squad.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

There’s a discussion on the GW2 reddit about this topic that you may find interesting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/45biuy/king_raid_party_composition/

Mortifer.2946

Thank you all for your replies. BTW, one more question: in what party compositions does PS warrior need to run runes of strength instead of scholar?
The thing is, I want to have one ascended berserker armor with scholar runes so I can use it in raid with all three heavy armor professions but I’m afraid I will have to have strength on warrior, thus 2 armor sets :/

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Thank you all for your replies. BTW, one more question: in what party compositions does PS warrior need to run runes of strength instead of scholar?
The thing is, I want to have one ascended berserker armor with scholar runes so I can use it in raid with all three heavy armor professions but I’m afraid I will have to have strength on warrior, thus 2 armor sets :/

Scholar is the prefered rune for warrior right now, if you have trouble keeping 25 might, you can use 20% boon duration food, but it really shouldn’t be a problem

Mortifer.2946

Okay, that is good news for me. Thank you.