What is the most demand class for raid?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: JasonLeong.9347

JasonLeong.9347

Hello,
I just wana ask what is the most demand class for raid?
healer? dps or anything?
Already master in t4 fotm and feel wana go for something new.

*Btw Im looking for team that can carry me and teach for raid =) I’m SEA player

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Elementalist from what I see. That being said, those fill in fast. CPS is a good and easy spot usually to fill too. Healing they might ask ‘experienced’ (even in practise groups) cause a lot depends on healer, same for tank (chrono).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Warrior / Ranger.
Both are hard to replace as supports, which is about two guaranteed spots for each one, and can also work as a decent DPS.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Current meta raid setup is as follows:

- 2mesmer (chrono+chronotank)
- 2 warriors (PS or cPS)
- 1-2 rangers (druid+cranger or 2nd druid)
- 4 dps (elemtalist, engi, ranger)

Depending on what you want to play pick one of the classes. I too would say cPS might be the easiest rotation and demand wise.

Otherwise ranger fills in multiple roles as primary healer and condi damage or kiter on specific bosses.

Mesmer are always on short supply so that is a vliad choice as well but requires familarity with almost all boss mechanics and ideally the ability to tank (in case the support slot is filled).

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Chrono (especially tank) and Druid…

It’s very rare that I get to play any of my DPS classes anymore since there are a billion of them out there stalking LFG. =(

Posted by: Bittno Markus.6712

Bittno Markus.6712

I hope that you don’t mind if I hijack your topic for a question.
When I want to go into raiding with a Guardian, is it even possible to get into pugs with it since it seems that it isn’t exactly “meta” and everyone is fixated on it.

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

Guardian is actually meta for large hit-box bosses. Their DPS for large hit-boxes is 2nd only to ele.

Of course pugging as DPS (role) is a lot harder than pugging as support/tank.

I wouldn’t recommend pugging raid until you at least someone experienced with the encounter being pugged. This is because guild groups often have no patients for PUGs. At least the group I run with, we would kick PUG if their DPS is below PS or they are noticeably messing up mechanics. While for guildie, we would explain and compensate for their shortcomings.

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

When I want to go into raiding with a Guardian, is it even possible to get into pugs with it since it seems that it isn’t exactly “meta” and everyone is fixated on it.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the meta, everything’s going to change big time with the balance patch on Tuesday and even more with the xpac…

But as other’s said, in the current meta, Guardians do good vs large hit boxes… But, that doesn’t really make them desirable. People might begrudgingly bring you as DPS to some of those encounters if LFG is super dead, but you’re definitely not in demand. Most pug commanders would rather even take a condi ranger over a DH—even on large hit boxes—because it’s going to be a much more reliable choice.

But, like I said, I’d wait till the balance patch hits before going crazy gearing another class. Even then, don’t take it to heart if guardian’s are still undesirable—if you really want to start raiding, you need to have more than one class anyways… A lot of pug groups won’t even take you if you’re not multi-class these days.

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

I wouldn’t worry too much about the meta, everything’s going to change big time with the balance patch on Tuesday and even more with the xpac…

But as other’s said, in the current meta, Guardians do good vs large hit boxes… But, that doesn’t really make them desirable. People might begrudgingly bring you as DPS to some of those encounters if LFG is super dead, but you’re definitely not in demand. Most pug commanders would rather even take a condi ranger over a DH—even on large hit boxes—because it’s going to be a much more reliable choice.

But, like I said, I’d wait till the balance patch hits before going crazy gearing another class. Even then, don’t take it to heart if guardian’s are still undesirable—if you really want to start raiding, you need to have more than one class anyways… A lot of pug groups won’t even take you if you’re not multi-class these days.

In my experience, DH seems to be a solid choice given that condition food is getting nerfed heavily in the balance patch 08/08. I’ve joined most groups as a DH just fine. In fact, in less experienced groups I would actually take a DH any day over an Elementalist because the rotation is easier, therefore it’s (in my opinion) statistically a safer option because they’re less likely to screw up.

The only actually serious problem you might encounter is in Wing 4 because you’ll have to stay ranged at Deimos most of the time if you’re using the mid strategy, and (this is more of an observation than a real opinion) I’ve found that from personal experience condition seems to work better in Wing 4.

Far Shiverpeaks