What is the optimum raid composition?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Now by this I don’t necessarily mean classes, but where you place individual groups in the squad.

Normally I put chronotank and rev at top, 3 condi and heals in middle at least for vg and the remaining dps down on the 3rd group. But some people like to have seven people in one group.

Why does this actually matter? Are boons spread and shared by actual proximity to the rev/ps or by people in your actual group?

What is the best layout for people in the raid squad and why?

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Boons prioritize your sub group first, then other players.

For players with the same priority, its by proximity.

A lot of groups use a 4-4-2 comp with a warrior and a ranger and two dps in the squads of 4 and then a rev and a mes together. This maintains 25 stacks of might, banners, EA, frost spirit, spotter, and grace of the land on all your DPS.

The revenant is giving the mesmer +50% boon duration and the mesmer is spreading quickness to everyone.

Mirror is almost the same except you have two squds of warrior, ranger, mesmer, two dps. This has better alacrity uptime for everybody but means you are bringing two mesmers instead of a revenant and a mesmer.

The seven people in one group you’re referring to is probably a 7-2-1 set up with a warrior, ranger, 5 dps in squad one, rev and mes in squad 2, and another ranger in squad 3 by itself.

The 4-4-2 is seen as the optimal set up with mirror being about 10k dps behind it. 4-4-2 requires your lone mesmer to actually know what it’s doing to make sure everybody gets quickness while mirror is a little bit safer as far as quickness goes. I don’t know if anyone has done a dps comparison with 7-2-1 since I’ve only seen pugs run that and I haven’t run that in an organized group in a while.

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

It depends so much on how safe you want to play it and the availability of certain classes. The ideal comp is likely 4-4-2 or 5-4-1 (w/ Chronotank) since you can make use of DPS druids and uniform buffing to maximise your damage.

The squad with 7 people in one group is a safer 7-2-1 comp that can accomodate a healer down in group 3. This is advantageous as it allows a Druid’s (Or Ele) heals to reach the chronotank, which is often an issue in 4-4-2 comps due to the way heals are subgroup prioritised. You also only need a single warrior / druid if people don’t enjoy those classes. The resulting DPS is lower though.

Boons / heals are always subgroup prioritised, with any extras overflowing to other players via proximity.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Normally I put chronotank and rev at top, 3 condi and heals in middle at least for vg and the remaining dps down on the 3rd group. But some people like to have seven people in one group.

chronotank usually has 100% boon duration already and doesn’t need a rev in group
non tank chrono is the one that needs the rev

Anyway the optimal subgroup arrangement will vary depending on your team composition and strategy.

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

chronotank usually has 100% boon duration already and doesn’t need a rev in group
non tank chrono is the one that needs the rev

Anyway the optimal subgroup arrangement will vary depending on your team composition and strategy.

In general, I’m pretty sure that 50% chrono + rev is better damage than 100% chrono + DPS. Mesmer DPS is bad, but it gets increased pretty substantially by power+ferocity on gear, a force or air sigil in your weapon, permanent fury, and 10-14 stacks of might. It also allows your druids to bring a more useful pet instead of tiger for fury, and gives boon duration to non-mesmer allies that helps keep up protection, might, etc on everyone more reliably.

Against KC this is probably not the case, since you don’t need quickness for very long and eles are god tier, but in every other fight I would bring the rev.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

rev is great. I just wouldn’t put it in its own subgroup like that

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m pretty sure that 50% chrono + rev is better damage than 100% chrono + DPS.

This is correct. Nike checked this recently in another thread and showed that a Chronomancer with a Superior Sigil of Concentration (33%) and boon duration food (20%) boosted by a Revenant is consistently more damage than a Commander gear Chronomancer and a DPS class.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

This is correct. Nike checked this recently in another thread and showed that a Chronomancer with a Superior Sigil of Concentration (33%) and boon duration food (20%) boosted by a Revenant is consistently more damage than a Commander gear Chronomancer and a DPS class.

Fennec made a good point to me that against large hit boxes, that is not necessarily true. Against, say Gorseval or KC or sloth you are better with another staff ele.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

Fennec made a good point to me that against large hit boxes, that is not necessarily true. Against, say Gorseval or KC or sloth you are better with another staff ele.

Yeah I mentioned it not being better against KC above, and sloth is probably the same as long as you move him well. Against gorseval though I wouldn’t be surprised if rev is better because 100% chrono is pretty clunky in that fight and not having the rev will reduce quickness for the whole party.