What is the story behind giving Mobs huge HP pools?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: NothaPlayer.2793

NothaPlayer.2793

I did a few dungeons and I cant help to notice anet disguised the lack of content with Mobs with huge, huge Hp pools. Like why, what is the point?

The vast majority of the content of any dungeon takes little to no skills at all. If you get down hopefully your party ups you or you rally, die spawn back, run back this is all there is to dungeon.

The mobs mechanics wont change in the lost of health nothing different happens. The only skill you need is patients but 1 person only can have so much patience.

Of course you want to dodge certain mechanics some are just rubbish kills you immediately and you just re spawn and run back.

To prolong the battle with health is just plain, lazy and above everything else boring. Some Mobs mechanics in certain dungeon doesn’t even change, but the rooms changes mostly get smaller and Mobs get more health how entertaining.

This is my criticism, and question.

Please don’t say to prevent speed clears, there is no point in doing 1 path of any dungeon before the server reset twice. 20 tokens isn’t worth the lost in silver, time and frustration.

Posted by: Kurzick.6375

Kurzick.6375

illusion of difficulty to put a wall in front of you to try and block progression towards this so called end game (which btw is very much lacking), and to buy time to improve end game content, thats my 2cents

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

SE grenadiers have stupid hp, like so stupid, that I think they all have boss hp or more.

HotW, every boss is faceroll easy, the only thing stopping us from quick runs is the fact they have 219712094712073070 hp.

This is all EXP I’m talking about.

Seriously, make them difficult with fun mechanics, not with huge HP pools.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Stack offense, stuff dies faster. I agree they should make enemies more dangerous so it would be less boring.

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

If mobs had less health, players would breeze through every dungeon in 15 minutes. In the absence of boss mechanics to make the fights entertaining and diverse, bosses still need 5-10 minutes each simply to give the dungeon length.

What little boss mechanics there are might be entertaining for the first two minutes, but they all overstay their welcome. I neither see bosses getting less health (speedclear danger), nor more interesting mechanics per boss (too much work).

Posted by: Torvarren.6295

Torvarren.6295

Grenadiers in SE are not meant to be fought.

Endurance is part of game play. The entire point of any game is to live long enough until the enemy dies. The longer a fight goes the more likely you are to get enough mistakes for everyone to go down and have to start the fight over. This is what defines encounters and sets group encounters apart from regular encounters. I play with people and time combinations for optimal results. My guild is interactive and never pugs.

We are not even 2 months into the game, The easiest dungeon will always eventually get buffed and the hardest content will eventually get scaled down just a bit.

NothaPlayer.2793

Meh, I still dont think the mobs health is scaled well enough in my opinion its to much.

Let me give you an example.

At the end you well get 5 cookies. Throw a ball at the ground, easy enough right? 25 times please. Ok now throw it 25 more times, hmm well lets try 25 more? Well did you accomplish anything by bouncing them? I hope you had fun bouncing the ball cause I want you to bounce the ball 25x more what you just bounce. Now if you still want cookies you need to bounce the ball 25 more times after you bounce the ball the first 1875 times.

Ok here is your 5 cookies!

What you need more cookies? So you would like to bounce the ball some more? Ok knock yourself out. But this time you will get 2 cookies and after that 1 cookie.

So you have bounce the ball quite a bit here is 2 cookie. What your not satisfied sorry that is the rules. I will start giving you 5 cookies again sometime later. BTW after you bounce your ball 3000 times you need to get another one cause that ball will pop I will repair it for 3 cookies. Have fun bouncing your ball.

Posted by: Crater.1625

Crater.1625

In my experience, most dungeon enemies have fairly reasonable HP pools. On average, I’d say that fights against standard silver enemies take about twenty seconds per enemy to kill. How long do people think they should last?

NothaPlayer.2793

In coe the Boss like mobs takes forever to kill, silver is nothing talking about the mystics/purple those buggers with the unreasonable amount of hp.

Posted by: Gray.9650

Gray.9650

If mobs had less health, players would breeze through every dungeon in 15 minutes. In the absence of boss mechanics to make the fights entertaining and diverse, bosses still need 5-10 minutes each simply to give the dungeon length.

tbh I don’t mind 15 minute dungeons, just scale the reward accordingly. spending hours in an instance is hardly entertaining. If I want to spend 2 hours doing 8 dungeons a 15 minutes that should be my decision.

Posted by: Soban.3754

Soban.3754

I WOULD think that it’s to prevent people from running all bunkers to trivialize content. Then I remembered you can just res zerg so its pretty trivial anyway.