What is wrong whit this Mesmer build?????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Offerande.5240

Offerande.5240

Hey peeps

In a number of removals from PVE groups. I ask it here. What is so bad about this composition ?, I do not see it. Works perfectly, no problems. And I can play Mesmer well. Is my main class

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhEQNAscRnsICFohtqBmqBUrhlUD6MKRPJkDoEBo8Dno5A-TBCBABVqeyZKBxa/R5HOqYAwjAIFNM5pPIgzAQAgDgzbez/Nw5nfem35nf+5nfepAyTZE-e

Thanks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

DPS Build
Reflect Build
You’re welcome.

in Mesmer

Offerande.5240

Thanks,
That is almost the same what I have

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

You have a greatsword… And inspiration traits without a focus are pointless.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Greatsword. Just pulling that out in a dungeon run is enough for a kick.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Greatsword. Just pulling that out in a dungeon run is enough for a kick.

But how else am I going to knockback the mobs when they are all stacked on us

in Mesmer

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Tazza dies really fast because she uses greatsword. Now if she was equipped with a focus, she would pull all the crap of you to the wall and cleave you to death with her Wardens. Furthermore, if she had Mantra of Pain and Distraction, good luck dodging those spammy attacks. Of course, her auto attack would two-shot any bullsh/it/ elementalists trying to burst her.

But then again, she dies because she uses Greatsword. Against 5 players. Bad mesmer deserves it.

in Mesmer

Offerande.5240

My first weapon are: two swords. Secondly, choose between greatsword, pistol or focus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Hm i dont think there’s any good place to use gs. I see people using it on grawl but even there i prefer iduelists and having focus for reflects etc.

Kind of topic but is staff a dps increase in short fights with iwarden? I’ve seen in a couple speedruns mesmers will use staff to drop chaos storm (prob for the buffs) and then iwarden. Personally I’ve never used staff in pve except for phase retreat in skips.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Hm i dont think there’s any good place to use gs. I see people using it on grawl but even there i prefer iduelists and having focus for reflects etc.

Kind of topic but is staff a dps increase in short fights with iwarden? I’ve seen in a couple speedruns mesmers will use staff to drop chaos storm (prob for the buffs) and then iwarden. Personally I’ve never used staff in pve except for phase retreat in skips.

Knockback at dredge cart in SE3 is the only place I’ve seen it used well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Frankly, the problem is likely with the reason a mesmer is taken into a team.
Mesmers are very far from the top in the DPS measurements, and are therefore often taken for class support through reflection.
This reflection is best kept up with phantasmal warden’s from the focus, and combined with the warden’s feedback trait. so that is the first problem you’re running into.

Secondly, while your damage may be insignificant, at some places you’ll still be expected to do some, and in those cases the greatsword is slightly suboptimal. The reason for this is the damage scaling with distance, and the fact that the autoattack on the weapon doesn’t cleave. As your party is giving out boons nearby the target, you’ll either lose the might, or the damage boost you get from being far away. This is why your sword/sword idea is very good, but for the second weaponset in such a situation, an offhand pistol is more effective.
In this case, you’ll also want to change your imagined burden trait to mental anguish, and shatter when it’s productive.

Lastly, while the mistrust trait has shown its potential when interrupting large groups, it’s often less effective than a sheer damage boost through harmonious mantras, as you’re running berserker gear anyways.
Try out the mantra trait and introduce mantra of pain in your build sometime, just spam it occasionally when you’re doing your damage, and you’ll see a significant increase in damage.

Aside from this, everything seems quite normal,
I hope this is the feedback(huehue joke) you were looking for.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Greatsword is a perfectly fine weapon for cleaving trash. It has your best cleaving phantasm. Mirror blade>iberserker>mindspike> swap to mh sword and spawn a 3rd clone for an easy shatter aoe burst.

Someone might say iwarden also does aoe but its dps is actually worse for the cleave than the iberserker given that the iwarden is not only stationary, but its damage channel is far longer than the phantasm gets to live in a pack of lv50 fractal or arah mobs.

Where the greatsword becomes bad is at any point you are stuck autoattacking with it. And as a ranged weapon when you are with a pug doing either the grawl shaman or molten duo it works perfectly fine since in molten duo you don’t get to melee all the time if your group doesn’t DPS correctly and reflects/aegis run out before the boss is dead.

In an ideal world you would be allowed to run sw/sw+sw/p for optimal single target boss dps, but that is not a luxury everyone will always have much less a guy who is not only less experienced with playing a mesmer but also not familiar with attack patterns in fractal 50.

in Mesmer

Offerande.5240

Mesmer can be an asset in fast runs. Damage is properly balanced (not too high and surely not too low) and you can do a lot with the Mesmer. It’s pretty slow class, which can sometimes be a disadvantage. Greatsword, is very helpful in some Fractals, on the correct distance (not close). Sword / sword is best for Mesmer, that is what I think, great DPS, is fast and has set the fastest clone-spell , which is very useful . Plus, have nice looks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

No, really, greatsword is terrible. It’s only good in PvP because it applies decent pressure damage, can trigger Sigils of Fire/Air, and has extreme range. None of these things are relevant in PvE right now. Do yourself a favor and always run a sword mainhand; your weapon swaps should only be for different offhands.

You asked us for some advice, and this is it. If you want to argue about it, take it to the Mesmer forums.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Mesmer

IrisTheCasual.3742

Greatsword is acceptable for Ascalon fractals, against the trash mobs. You have an option to cripple the warriors and save yourself a dodge away from their rush. Also Mind Stab removes 25 stacks of Might from the large mob which proves extremely dangerous to your squishy allies. (Vet Cultist defies Blind, in case anyone asks).

in Mesmer

IrisTheCasual.3742

If you want to argue about it, take it to the Mesmer forums.

Lol, since when people get to decide who can post here and what can be discussed?

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Lol, since when people get to decide who can post here and what can be discussed?

Getting shot down in 2 forums is better than 1

:D

in Mesmer

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

since talking about class builds isn’t actually relevant to dungeons?

i mean i don’t remember many threads on this subforum of people posting their builds and asking for feedback but maybe i’m just blind.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Mesmer

IrisTheCasual.3742

Getting shot down in 2 forums is better than 1

:D

The context is mildly different in two forums though. I find the class subforum is generally more lenient in what kinds of PvE mentioned and more open on creative uses of certain niche skills/traits/strategy. The dungeon forum is generally more about whose kitten size is longer what is the most optimal in an organized group run than what is acceptable outside those settings. Even fun tidbits like Arcane Precision or Phantasm Distortion (pre-patch) are only shared through words of mouth and not on the public venue like this forum anymore.

My stance is everyone is entitled to his opinion. If you don’t want to continue the discussion, then leave, instead of dictating the one who opens the discussion to leave. It’s rude.

in Mesmer

Offerande.5240

This is going mainly about Mesmer in PvE. Then I put it in the PVE forum

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Mesmer forums are mostly flooded by pvp mesmers anyways, it’s not like you can get helpful discussions when you post a thread about mesmer PvE and most of the posters responding are WvW mesmers who casually do dungeons.

in Mesmer

maha.7902

i’m not sure you’re fully aware of how bad the mesmer forums used to be

it took a long campaign of holy purification to clear that place

in Mesmer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

LOL anyone else notice this?

This is why people kick you. They want the mobs to stack on them so they can AoE the mobs with melee.

You can do any build you want and most groups won’t even ask what your build is. It’s how you play. If you disrupt the group’s strategy they will kick you.

in Mesmer

maha.7902

This is why people kick you. They want the mobs to stack on them so they can AoE the mobs with melee.

You can do any build you want and most groups won’t even ask what your build is. It’s how you play. If you disrupt the group’s strategy they will kick you.

the joke
-
-
-
-
-
your head

in Mesmer

Khristophoros.7194

the joke
-
-
-
-
-
your head

Oops I misread and thought it was the OP saying that.

Well I think he probably does things wrong if he’s getting kicked. Nobody cares what your build is. It’s how you play.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

Lack of nonverbal communication kills even the simplest of humor on the internets.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

in Mesmer

Khristophoros.7194

Lack of nonverbal communication kills even the simplest of humor on the internets.

No I just mistook who posted it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Mesmer can be an asset in fast runs. Damage is properly balanced (not too high and surely not too low) and you can do a lot with the Mesmer. It’s pretty slow class, which can sometimes be a disadvantage. Greatsword, is very helpful in some Fractals, on the correct distance (not close). Sword / sword is best for Mesmer, that is what I think, great DPS, is fast and has set the fastest clone-spell , which is very useful . Plus, have nice looks

You asked for advice. A couple of good dungeon runner answered you already and told you that you are wrong. You build isn’t bad, but it’s not really great either.

Frankly, I have no idea what is the current DPS position for the Mesmer, but before the patch it at the bottom of the barrel next to the necro. Additionally, the Mesmer can have a really hard time maintaining his rather low dps because 3 phantasms can be hard to summon quick and maintain.

Greatsword is one of the worst PvE weapon for the Mesmer. Personnally, I won’t kick someone using one (except if I asked for experienced), but I’ll laugh a little at his expense with my guildmate that’s for sure.

You also lack Harmonious Mantra, which is a huge boost to your damage. You would also be better off with the line illusions rather than Inspiration if you don’t use a focus.

It’s a correct open world PvE build that you can bring in dungeon if you want, but don’t join zerker or experienced run and you should be fine.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Mesmer

Offerande.5240

You asked for advice. A couple of good dungeon runner answered you already and told you that you are wrong. You build isn’t bad, but it’s not really great either.

Frankly, I have no idea what is the current DPS position for the Mesmer, but before the patch it at the bottom of the barrel next to the necro. Additionally, the Mesmer can have a really hard time maintaining his rather low dps because 3 phantasms can be hard to summon quick and maintain.

Greatsword is one of the worst PvE weapon for the Mesmer. Personnally, I won’t kick someone using one (except if I asked for experienced), but I’ll laugh a little at his expense with my guildmate that’s for sure.

You also lack Harmonious Mantra, which is a huge boost to your damage. You would also be better off with the line illusions rather than Inspiration if you don’t use a focus.

It’s a correct open world PvE build that you can bring in dungeon if you want, but don’t join zerker or experienced run and you should be fine.

I do not share this opinion. Have in previous posts, wrote that I use sword / sword. Second, choices between Focus or Pistol. Greatsword for some fractals. That mesmer build is Meta PvE build, with a few very small changes and full Berserker. The DPS is normal high, not Warrior or Ele DPS. Between Necro and ele. max 5% lower than Ele staff

in Mesmer

Thaddeus.4891

I do not share this opinion. Have in previous posts, wrote that I use sword / sword. Second, choices between Focus or Pistol. Greatsword for some fractals. That mesmer build is Meta PvE build, with a few very small changes and full Berserker. The DPS is normal high, not Warrior or Ele DPS. Between Necro and ele. max 5% lower than Ele staff

Do as you please man. Jesus I hate this kind of kitten. You come in the fractal and dungeon subforum to ask what is wrong with your build, we answer and you go all defensive about it. That build ain’t meta, you have 1 bad weapons, you have 1 wrong trait line (except if you swap for focus), you miss a crucial dps trait (which need 2 other utility skill). Once you change that, then you will be able to say, my build is the meta with some very small changes. Anyway, what do we all know here on the dungeon forums.

Mesmer dps is 5% lower than staff Elementalist. Thanks for the laugh.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Oh look, made up numbers! If you ask for advice, and really good players give it to you, don’t argue with them. The biggest impediment to your improvement as a player is discarding your ego and accepting the lessons of more experienced and knowledgeable players. You can continue to think you know best (you don’t) and continue to think you play at a high level (you dont) or you can decide today to embark on your path to improvement. With any luck, you will look back on this thread in 3-6 months as a turning point where you ditched the scrub mentality and began to strive for better.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Mesmer

Offerande.5240

Oh look, made up numbers! If you ask for advice, and really good players give it to you, don’t argue with them. The biggest impediment to your improvement as a player is discarding your ego and accepting the lessons of more experienced and knowledgeable players. You can continue to think you know best (you don’t) and continue to think you play at a high level (you dont) or you can decide today to embark on your path to improvement. With any luck, you will look back on this thread in 3-6 months as a turning point where you ditched the scrub mentality and began to strive for better.

I’m not selfish, those are your words. I accept and I am grateful for the comments. However, I say what I think and give my opinion. That can you accept it or not.

Only one who is doing selfish, is you.

(edited by Offerande.5240)

in Mesmer

Thaddeus.4891

I’m not selfish, those are your words. I accept and I am grateful for the comments. However, I say what I think and give my opinion. That can you accept it or not.

Between Necro and ele. max 5% lower than Ele staff

That’s not an opinion. That’s just wrong facts with made up numbers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

I’m not being selfish because I don’t derive any benefit whether you take my advice or not. I’m sincerely trying to help you develop as a player, and you can take my advice or not as you see fit. But whether you do or not will not change the facts that you are handicapping yourself by ignoring and challenging the advice of players far more experienced than yourself.

Again, if you want to improve the way to do it is to surround yourself with players who can push you to be better and soak up the knowledge and advice they give like a sponge. The way to stay bad forever is to think you know better and refuse to learn anything because it would damage your ego to admit the convenient lies you tell yourself (“greatsword is good for fractals!”) are completely wrong.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Mesmer

Offerande.5240

I’m not being selfish because I don’t derive any benefit whether you take my advice or not. I’m sincerely trying to help you develop as a player, and you can take my advice or not as you see fit. But whether you do or not will not change the facts that you are handicapping yourself by ignoring and challenging the advice of players far more experienced than yourself.

Again, if you want to improve the way to do it is to surround yourself with players who can push you to be better and soak up the knowledge and advice they give like a sponge. The way to stay bad forever is to think you know better and refuse to learn anything because it would damage your ego to admit the convenient lies you tell yourself (“greatsword is good for fractals!”) are completely wrong.

First this: I am thankful for you comments. My English is vefry, very very poor, I am often misunderstood. I use greatsword for some fractals. This I said: Well, yes and no. In some situations it can be useful most of the time totaly not. Good or bad, well no but convenient. 80% of the fights I use two swords.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

You can always speak to frifox about mesmer dps if you want to learn more, he has a couple spreadsheets in his signature that are very in-depth.

Before the patch a mesmer with 3 iSwordsman was at something like 11k dps without reflects, and 6k was from the phantasms. Ele dps was sitting above 15k pre-patch? And with the bugged fire line, as well as able to swap into water for the 20% multiplier on icebow/fgs, I would assume it has slightly improved its damage(plus burning on crits, but probably not a big boost next to the 20% and 10% multipliers we can get in water).

in Mesmer

IrisTheCasual.3742

Mesmer was, is and will never be in the same league with Ele without reflect. I’m sorry.

5% is beyond self-comforting and bordering self-disillusion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

I’d like to point out an entirely different thing that’s wrong with this build (surprised so many people overlooked it :P).
If you’re going with the stat+agony infusions, creating versatile ones where it’s not needed is a HUGE waste. Like you’d need to be super rich not to notice this. You seem to be using only one power infusion out of the 4 slots on your 2 weapon sets, the remaining 3 are versatile infusions.
Also, one of the trinkets that come in pairs is ALWAYS gonna be offensive and the other defensive. While it’s possible to use both defensive (one un-infused and the other one infused), it highly doubt it’s the case. Therefore you’ll have at least 2 offensive slots allowing you to save some money.
As for the amulet… if you know you’re going for an offensive infusion, why not buy the one that comes with the appropriate slot?

Last, maybe the most important thing… you have the money to go for stat infusions, some of them even unnecessarily expensive, yet you still have 2 pieces of armor of exotic quality? :O I just can’t understand this.

I don’t know whether you’re playing TP or a friend sent you money or what. But if you’re THAT rich, why are you even bothering with dungeons?

in Mesmer

Offerande.5240

I’d like to point out an entirely different thing that’s wrong with this build (surprised so many people overlooked it :P).
If you’re going with the stat+agony infusions, creating versatile ones where it’s not needed is a HUGE waste. Like you’d need to be super rich not to notice this. You seem to be using only one power infusion out of the 4 slots on your 2 weapon sets, the remaining 3 are versatile infusions.
Also, one of the trinkets that come in pairs is ALWAYS gonna be offensive and the other defensive. While it’s possible to use both defensive (one un-infused and the other one infused), it highly doubt it’s the case. Therefore you’ll have at least 2 offensive slots allowing you to save some money.
As for the amulet… if you know you’re going for an offensive infusion, why not buy the one that comes with the appropriate slot?

Last, maybe the most important thing… you have the money to go for stat infusions, some of them even unnecessarily expensive, yet you still have 2 pieces of armor of exotic quality? :O I just can’t understand this.

I don’t know whether you’re playing TP or a friend sent you money or what. But if you’re THAT rich, why are you even bothering with dungeons?

Ascended armor takes a lot of time to make it. And I’m not very rich in gold and belongings So cost what time

in Mesmer

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

Assuming you like greatsword and would like to use it in pve group content specifically dungeons, as sanderinoa mentioned.. harmonious mantras is better since your zerker geared, mistrust gives you negligible damage.. also the fact that you dont have any interrupts except diversion(your phantasm built, you dont want to shatter your phantasm for diversion) + greatsword pushback(you want them together so you can cleave, not push them away).

another great point sanderinoa brought up is the greatsword auto attack is based on distance, and for the most part you want to be close to get the might stacks through the fight considering your running signet of inspiration.

You can also try illusionary inspiration and have your signet of inspiration utility slot equipped with another lets say mantra of pain for example to have a 8-12% dmg increase immediately once you enter a fight.

(edited by Telekinesis.8312)

in Mesmer

Offerande.5240

Assuming you like greatsword and would like to use it in pve group content specifically dungeons, as sanderinoa mentioned.. harmonious mantras is better since your zerker geared, mistrust gives you negligible damage.. also the fact that you dont have any interrupts except diversion(your phantasm built, you dont want to shatter your phantasm for diversion) + greatsword pushback(you want them together so you can cleave, not push them away).

another great point sanderinoa brought up is the greatsword auto attack is based on distance, and for the most part you want to be close to get the might stacks through the fight considering your running signet of inspiration.

You can also try illusionary inspiration and have your signet of inspiration utility slot equipped with another lets say mantra of pain for example to have a 8-12% dmg increase immediately once you enter a fight.

I hate greatword, I use it only in some fractals. Like Ascalonian and the Harpies. I am more of a suicide bomber. Equipped with dual swords, full berserker armor and rings, straight to the enemies and kill them in the open field. Often it goes well, damage is high enough. It’s risky but fast and effectively.

However, to most other players expect not. That’s more Warrior style of playing. have my mesmer changed into a kind of a Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hey peeps

In a number of removals from PVE groups. I ask it here. What is so bad about this composition ?, I do not see it. Works perfectly, no problems. And I can play Mesmer well. Is my main class

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhEQNAscRnsICFohtqBmqBUrhlUD6MKRPJkDoEBo8Dno5A-TBCBABVqeyZKBxa/R5HOqYAwjAIFNM5pPIgzAQAgDgzbez/Nw5nfem35nf+5nfepAyTZE-e

Thanks

If thats what you like to run. I would get rid of “Mistrust” though since you have 0 condi dmg and go for DE instead for faster clone generation and more shatters. With your power / prec / ferocity you’ll get way more bang out of that, and redo your GS weapon set, as stated by other posted above, much better to go with focus or pistol in your 2nd weapon set.

I’m assuming this is for PvE open world and some dungeon runs, too squishy for upper fractals and any sort of PvP, eitehr WvW or sPVP, these kind of mesmers are quite literally my mesmers favorite food.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

Ok, just gone through your build, I have to say, it an interesting build. I also think I know what you are trying to do with this build, But there is 1 fall with this build and others have pointed it out already, that is taking mistrust over harmonious mantras.

You are not geared for condition damage so it is pointless. With harmonious mantras, this boost your outright damage. Adding that with your might stacking from imagined burden, you will be doing more damage.

I also understand why you went with inspiration and chose those traits over illusion, you don’t want your clones to die fast.

This is no optimum dungeon build if you were told otherwise, it is however only effective against single target/boss and not trash, but it will not surpass build proposed by others, cause GS auto and phantasm cannot meet up to sword auto and phantasm in an outright damage.

If however I wanted to play this build effectively enough, i will play it like this.

First change trait to harmonious mantras and take mantra of pain and one other mantra.
have 2 isword out and 1 gs clone at max rang. You can idea stay in melee with your sword for best results or stay at max rang with your gs if not sure of the mob timing.

in Mesmer

Offerande.5240

Thanks for the advice and comments. I have implemented a number of changes, it now works properly. Much more damage and speed.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAs6cnsIClohFpBGoBUrhFVDCtLp5KkBYE7ssDlYAA-TBCBABVqeyZKBxa/R5HOqYAwDAIP9CMcQAC4EAEAABYilYkYw5NvETidezbezbezTKg8UGB-e