What kind of groups tend to be kick happy?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

There have been a lot of threads about kicking over the last few days, and I’ve been wondering about this;

I’ve never had a problem with kicks, in fact I’ve experienced almost none with fairly heavy dungeon play.

I want to figure out how my play rules are different than others, it might be interesting.

So, what kind of groups do you see that get a lot of kick problems, or just kicks?

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

you might be carrying

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Windsagio.1340

you might be carrying

Aww thanks for the complement ><

I don’t just mean of myself tho, I mean I’ve seen conflict around it… once in the last few months? And that one was so kittened up that I left on my own while they were threatening each other.

Posted by: pranker.3748

pranker.3748

Usually parties tend to kick instantly when they post LFG for lets say an Ele and anything else but that joins. Problem is they might specifically want one profession, even though others can cover the job as well. If I ever join LFG groups I follow their requests and if conditions are unclear I ask for what class they prefer.

[qT] Quantify – Hardcore PvE Guild

Windsagio.1340

People in general aren’t talking about start-of-run kicks, but rather late-run kicks (from what I can tell). Joining against build doesn’t really apply to that usually, excepting “I think you’re faking your gear” arguments.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

*knock on wood * never been kicked except by friends as a joke.

When I see kick’s it’s almost always because they don’t meet the requirements of the group.

That could be not wearing the right gear, not being experienced, or being the wrong profession.

The worst is when it happens mid dungeon though, where it’s found out that one of the guys is obviously in PVT or something like that as he takes a hit that should kill him like it’s nothing. I hate those the most because I always feel bad, especially on easy dungeons where we’re talking like a minute or two difference in completion time at most. But… they knew what they were getting into and took that chance.

Just about the only other times I see it is if someone is being a real idiot/jerk or if someone DC’s and doesn’t come back for a few minutes.

Posted by: GoD Obelisk.3057

GoD Obelisk.3057

I had a “faking my gear” i think for a fractal zerk run where they asked to ping my gear and i said i will in a sec since i was just cleaning my inventory. I then pinged a non transmuted cof gear, it really was not transmuted as i was in process of making twilight and wanted to transmute once i got the skins i wanted which would be after i made the legendary. So anyways they assumed i went to the merch or wiki and linked my gear

But as ive said in the past a lot of people are nice and okay to run with. I have had kitten elitists and seen them bash people who are not good enough according to them and then kick said players for sucking etc, heck i have been kicked at times for defending these players. Why i say kitten is because instead of helping the newb out they just bash. Also depending on what dungeon you run it might be a more relevant issue. Over 90% of this is seen in arah or i have seen it in arah runs mostly.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

I am in the same situation as you, actually I was never kicked and I used to solo-pug daily for tons of dungeons and fractals, I have been in team of full-guildies-except-me and not be kicked anyway.
To how I see it, there is a minority of -add the insult you like the most- kittens out there who truly would kick someone at last boss to let a friend/guildie replace (a disgusting guy in my guild uses to do so, including pressuring others to kick pugs in the end to let him join,and even brags about it) so yes, they exist and it sucks that nothing is doable against them. (He is even uber lucky and blessed by RNG, to make him an even “better” subject).
But for the majority, I think the problem is that we all are different minded. Some people get insulted more easily than others, some people are more sensitive, more experienced in the game and such, so many times that annoying constant “what are you doing?!?!” “omg -.-” “noobs” that is considered by who writes that as nothing insulting, is actually insulting enough to make a kick a very sweet option.
Include also those people who think to be “Gods of the game” and in fact are pretty much bad players who have no clue what they are doing. Inclue the fact that many people who post on the forum very likely avoid to add some specific details in order to look completely innocent and as if they were kicked for no reason just to sell their spot or replace them.

My rules to myself when joining any team of pugs were always these simple ones:
-They don’t speak English in guild chat = Instant leave the party;
-Unless you are in a very friendly party, reduce conversation to the most minimal (Hi. Ty. Bye.);
-Don’t give tips to others unless they look like they would appreciate (many people just take it as an insult to their way to play, which it is, but can you seriously expect randoms to be perfect?) And if you do it, still do it in an extremely friendly way (“It would help us a lot if you used -add skill- ^^” instead of “wtb -add skill- -.-/”L2p use -add skill- noob -.-");
-Be utterly kind if you are with people of a same guild, don’t insult one of them for any reason, not even if they deserve. That guy of their guild doesn’t have enough AR and insta dies? REZ and SHUSH and you reduce the chances to be klcked, because even if there is scum out there, there are also people with some common sense. Don’t give those people reasons to get rid of you, mostly if you are close to the end.
-If the other players are bad, you see that since the first fight. You are alright with it? You shut up and push forward. You are not alright with it? Leave, don’t stay just to act like a -add insult- just to make them wish to make you pay in the most painful way (kicking you right before the end, wasting tons of your time..)
-Keep youself up-to-date, read forum, check if new, more effective builds are available, run meta, learn to play it properly with casual/relaxed teams before throwing yourself into a speedrun team with high expectations.

Honestly, I followed these lines for two years and everything went well, always. I am pretty confident that if everyone behaved more like this, we would see much less “I was kicked for no reason!!!!!!!!!!” posts. ^^

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: GoD Obelisk.3057

GoD Obelisk.3057

learn to play it properly with casual/relaxed teams before throwing yourself into a speedrun team with high expectations.

This is most often the crux of situation. Something that i do a lot of time when i just want to do a casual run or trying out a new build or character i will say something like “p2 chill mode” has always steered me cleared of kitten and ive had runs with people that way who are truly skilled and sometimes i will get a party full of newbs. Either i will take over the aforementioned toxic wastes.

Posted by: Jab.4169

Jab.4169

any team, can kick you at any point of the dungeon → even after just killing last boss, for no reason at all.

apparently pve in this game is just as strict and stressful as League of Legends, you are supposed to not write anything at all in chat, to dont offend anyone by any chance, and you have to hyper focus to do not make any mistake at all.

so my conclusion about vote kick system sums up in this equasion :

pve gw2 = competetive pvp games.

LOL what ? yea. someone in arena net should say no to stupid ideas.

Jerus.4350

any team, can kick you at any point of the dungeon -> even after just killing last boss, for no reason at all.

apparently pve in this game is just as strict and stressful as League of Legends, you are supposed to not write anything at all in chat, to dont offend anyone by any chance, and you have to hyper focus to do not make any mistake at all.

I have to say it hasn’t been that bad for me. Everyone who has played with me knows I make mistakes and plenty of them, but again (god I don’t want to say it again) I have yet to be kicked. Have a good attitude and do your best and actually try to learn things and it seems to go pretty well in my experience.

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Groups with very specific gear demands (asking you to ping) tend to be pretty kick-happy.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Windsagio.1340

any team, can kick you at any point of the dungeon -> even after just killing last boss, for no reason at all.

I have to say it hasn’t been that bad for me. Everyone who has played with me knows I make mistakes and plenty of them, but again (god I don’t want to say it again) I have yet to be kicked. Have a good attitude and do your best and actually try to learn things and it seems to go pretty well in my experience.

Yeah, that was the explicit point of my post. There’s been a lot of complaints about it, but I don’t think I’ve ever experienced it, so I figure there’s gotta be some common factor in groups.

Reading, it could be possible that explicit speedruns are more subject to this in general beyond the build questions, being more goal-oriented. (This would fit my experience, one of my rules is to avoid conditional LFGs even if I technically qualify for their description).

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I never join the “speedrun/zerk/meta” groups, and I’ve never been kicked, so maybe these groups are the ones more prone to kicking since they have higher standards (and are willing to kick people who don’t meet those standards)?

Over the weekend I finally participated in a kick for the very first time. It was in a level 19 Fractals, and things went pretty smoothly for the first two Fractals. But we got Dredge for the third, and despite the reduced difficulty, we struggled a bit getting past the first console due to some confusion. Things came to a head when we got to the Legendary Ice Elemental and due to a number of factors, we just couldn’t keep the Elemental superheated. The Ranger and the Guardian got into a pretty heated argument, which I can normally ignore, but when the Ranger started throwing racial/sexual slurs around, I seconded the kick when it was initiated against him. There was no call for that, even if things WERE a mess. (To be fair to him though, the Guardian wasn’t completely blameless either.) We got a 2nd Thief joining after that, and we completed the rest of the run fairly smoothly.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I never get kicked from runs ( as I don’t pug). I often get kicked when giving paths but that’s another story. However, I kick a lot, and it’s mostly people not reading the lfg. I kicked a few toxics at endboss, mostly a guy who afk’d all the run and said " lol kick me i’ll post it on reddit and you’ll get hated" or something like that, months ago.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Yeah, that was the explicit point of my post. There’s been a lot of complaints about it, but I don’t think I’ve ever experienced it, so I figure there’s gotta be some common factor in groups.

Sticking to mid-to-late-run kicks (which I think you are most interested about) the common factor is kittens. If there’s a kitten or 2 in a group then the chances for kicks goes up dramatically, whether they kick some poor fellow or get themselves kicked (and then tries to play victim here).

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

From my experience and this is coming from a person that exclusively play zerk, its usually the “ping gear X+ ap” arah parties that would kick during a run. Most of the people in these parties think they are hot kitten and knows the dungeon well when in fact they don’t know crap, they have to range the ooze in p1 through glitch, fail to properly CC tar when his moving back to geyser, and then wipe on lupi. It was one of these parties where i got kicked because when they all died at lupi, they did not want me to solo it.

Posted by: bearbear.1903

bearbear.1903

OK story time, I’ve been kicked on a few occasions, the only 2 that I can remember are:

1) In TA Forward, I was playing on my thief (I don’t usually play thief) and on the short skip after the path selection, I and most of the party reached the stacking spot for the champ warden but an ele went down somehow. He proceeded to ask “thief, y u no shadow refuge?”, to which I replied “because there really isn’t any need for it on that skip?”.

I think he was playing with some guildies or friends, so they kicked me pretty quickly after that. However I actually soloed the champ vine at the start of the dungeon since they all wiped to it, so I kinda knew the level of the group anyway and wasn’t too bothered about being kicked. The ele that went down on the skip was using an all signets build.

2) On one of the paths in CoE, this was a “zerk meta, ping gear, 10k AP etc” type LFG, we arrived just before the laser room with the 5 elite golems, 1 person in the party had DCed and another was still running behind so I was waiting for them before entering the room.

As I was waiting I was sorting out my inventory, the 2 others in the party that were briefly waiting there decided to just charge in and I only saw this about 10-20 secs after they did this so I was late in joining them. We all died inside that room at the usual stacking spot on the left, the 2 that died blamed me for their deaths for whatever inexplicable reason, when I was merely waiting for the others in the party to rejoin and catch up.

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Honestly, I followed these lines for two years and everything went well, always. I am pretty confident that if everyone behaved more like this, we would see much less “I was kicked for no reason!!!!!!!!!!” posts. ^^

I was playing exactly like Silver did and I wish people would do the same so there is no pointless arguments when playing games. Truth was I still got kicked from no reason from time to time or got verbal abused because someone was in a bad mood and wanted to vent his anger over some pug players. Honestly all the video games are technically much better in all aspects comparing to those years ago. The only thing that turns people off nowadays are other people trolling you. At least to me that’s the reason I would probably not touch online games much. Because the fun from gaming to me was from the game play but not including other people’s verbal fights or anger release on you. But Anet as a gaming company is definitely a top notch I will give it that.

Posted by: Dying Infinity.4805

Dying Infinity.4805

People playing with others they know tend to be kick happy – they know they have the support of their friends if they do kick someone.

I also agree with BBMouse.6510 – sometimes it’s just because someone’s in a bad mood. I’m guilty of this. When I’m in a bad mood and some PUG that’s new to the dungeon refuses to communicate with the rest of the party, I kick.

That being said, having run dungeons almost daily since launch, I have never been kicked myself. Perhaps I’m lucky or perhaps those that complain aren’t telling the story objectively.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Only time when I was kicked out of a dungeon after I had opened SE and made my LFG. After few minutes of waiting I got few people join on me and enter rthe dungeon and then promptly kick me most likely because none of them had story mode done. I felt abused.

Other than that I’ve never been kicked from full pug or 4 guildies and me runs. Know your class and be polite and you won’t have to be afraid of being kicked.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Sadly I don’t know kitten and get kicked very often.
I should invest some time in l2p’ing.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I have only got kicked for meleeing lupi.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I see people getting kicked a lot in pugs that i join for being necros or rangers and having low ap. Most of the time the lfg add doesnt have any class requirement, but still pugs kick any ranger that joins. I used to see that happen more often in AC back when people used to stack on spider queen. If the group wiped there usually it was the low ap necro or ranger that got the blame and was kicked.

Jab.4169

I would like to point out here fact that over 8 years that i been playing mmos I never saw any conversation about “leader kick” being bad feature of the game.

In here we have vote-kick, and hate towards it is all around the place.

ps. Last night i was kicked from fractal dungeon, right after we killed last boss, one guy decided that it will be fun to dont let me get my rewards. Which was random kick, cause 10 sec earlier he was trying to vote kick other guy. I didnt write single word in that dungeon(no one did) and we didnt wipe single time.

So yea. Vote-kick is bad feature which is being abused all the time all over the place. Preatty much the only solution i hear from players is that i am supposed to do dungeons with people that i know or guild mates. Which by the way sounds exactly like definition of avoiding BAD feature of the game. Since i am not supposed to do random groups, cause i might get abused by vote kick by no reason, then whole LFG is actually not viable for solitary players ?

Vote kick is toxic feature for solo players. Gaming experience becomes stressful and requires you to hyper focus on not doing any mistakes during runs, which doesnt save you from random kick anyway.

bottom line is that vote kick is bad feature and “avoiding it” isnt a solution or reasonable argument to defend bad game model.

Posted by: White Hunter.3416

White Hunter.3416

1. Joined Arah group
2. Oneshot from Lupi
3. Cursed Shore loading screen.
Most crazy kickers runs Arah.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Once I opened an LFG for CM p1, 80 pls. After soloing the bomb part and standing waiting, a couple of 4x level joined. I kicked them flying. Then my friends promptly asked me if they were my friends. “What?!!” – “Because as soon as they joined, they started to kick you!” It was close.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I’ve never been kicked, but I never join speed run pugs. Those things are cancer. Doesn’t even make sense — if you want a speed run, don’t look for a pug to do it….

The worst kickers are the “PINK DYES or KICK” groups. They’re just terrible.

Windsagio.1340

Now now, what about when you got kicked for soloing mai after you did the first 3 fractals on your own and the rest of your party wiped before the first cannonade?

Posted by: MHo.1056

MHo.1056

I remember being kicked once.

I joined CoF P1 way after midnight. They had already started and were doing the acolythe-event.

I was drunk as hell and didn´t even manage to cross the brigde! I died 2 times there.

Then they kicked me. I still don´t know why?! ;-)

I laughed about myself and went to bed.

PUGS!!!

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Now now, what about when you got kicked for soloing mai after you did the first 3 fractals on your own and the rest of your party wiped before the first cannonade?

That wasn’t really a group play so I don’t think it really counts.

dlonie.6547

I remember being kicked once.

I joined CoF P1 way after midnight. They had already started and were doing the acolythe-event.

I was drunk as hell and didn´t even manage to cross the brigde! I died 2 times there.

Then they kicked me. I still don´t know why?! ;-)

I laughed about myself and went to bed.

PUGS!!!

Well, that bridge is waaaay too powerful for the dungeon’s level, as discussed in this thread.

We’re hoping they nerf it soon.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

In all of the instances where I’ve been kicked it’s been 4 people from one guild and then me. We are doing well, I never speak a word unless spoken to, and I get kicked just before the final boss. It’s happened twice so far in all of my time playing, but those are the only times I’ve ever been kicked from a dungeon run.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: MHo.1056

MHo.1056

Well, that bridge is waaaay too powerful for the dungeon’s level, as discussed in this thread.

We’re hoping they nerf it soon.

Yeah, i know. It is totally overpowerd and i beg for a nerv. The worst thing is, that it doesn´t have a handrail.
Is that allowed nowadays?

Jerus.4350

Someone call OSHA!

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

I got kicked in Arah when my pug wanted to melee Lupi and I refused to equip staff on my guard to heal them.

That was almost a year ago, but I’ll never forget it. These were the days …

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Two known reasons for kicking are either people joining a group that clearly states they want someone else (like “zerk warrior only” or “lvl 80 exp” when you’re level 36), or a group that generally sucks and is hiding in the corner about it trying to pin the tail on the “non optimal profession” or someone who’s suggesting alternative strategy to “icebow zerk stack” and “we would kill it before it killed us had you more power!”.

In first case your own fault in second, faster you leave them the faster you get a real fast run.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Yesterday i got kicked for using a staff on the TA tree as a guardian. I used greatsword …

Windsagio.1340

Yesterday i got kicked for using a staff on the TA tree as a guardian. I used greatsword …

That sounds like an excuse to me, kick on an easy last boss? They just want to steal the spot.

Jab.4169

I see some sugar posts here. Probably from old players who has tons of AP, new players however should be aware of what they are jumping into.

I got kicked again just now. So i will share some further thoughts about this issue.

I think during last week, i was kicked like 4-5 times, and i was doing only 5-10 paths daily. I never joined group which would require something im not, and i never wrote preatty much anything during whole runs. Whole this time i was full zerk geared already, and i know all tactics for the dungeons that i was doing.

Still i was getting kicked nearly in the end of dungeon or during the very last bosses for no reason at all. As a very casual player, with very casual guild, i find public lfb system to be not viable feature of this game because of vote kick.

As a player who knows all the tactics for runs that im doing, and as someone who is geared properly for my role and current meta, i would preffer to build my own groups with granted immunity to being kicked by pugs. Leader kick is in every mmo out there, i dont see any reasonable reason why we dont have it here.

I was moving this topic around lately, and i didnt hear single positive opinion about vote kick. Since in gw2 we dont even have world chat, we cant alert others about someone being abusive. We dont even know really who was the one that kicked us. This whole system is a mess.

Vote kick ruins gaming experience for casual players. Maybe some of you who have tons of achievement points feel safe and respected during the runs. It doesnt apply however to others. LFG is supposed to be our substitude from having active guild, yet it fails to do so with vote kick around.

If as a new player, i cant enjoy stress free pve in this game, then i will move my money and time elsewhere. Im not yet invested in this game, i didnt spend thousands of hours here. i have roughly 2800 ap and one character at lvl 80, so i dont really feel bad about leaving. There is so many games out there, that i dont have to stick to the one with bad game model.

Rising Dusk.2408

Jab, I hate to be “that guy”, but maybe you’re just bad? I mean, you have been kicked 4-5 times in one week? I do four times as many dungeons as you with total PUB groups even on my super busy with real life weeks, and I have been kicked twice since the game came out years ago.

I know that I have kicked people from my pubs before for being downright terrible and slowing things down. Maybe I ask for “experienced” or something and the guy gets totally lost, or fails a skip four times straight, or something, and in those cases it is far less painful for the other four people in the group to just replace him than to suffer him any longer.

I’m not saying it’s you necessarily, but maybe it is. Take a good step back and think about all the things you do or don’t do. If you’re getting kicked that often, I find it hard to believe that it is every team you play with’s fault.

P.S. I love vote kick. I hate it when particularly bad or troll players have immunity. My only suggestion for the system is to make it a true majority to kick, so 3 for a full party instead of the 2 we have now.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

Kicks I’ve seen are for following reasons:

1. LFG says experienced. After we wipe on part X, two of the people admit to being first timers; kicked. I don’t mind running new peeps through paths, but not those who can’t read.

2. Being Mouthy.

3. Dungeon Switchers – Switch at the end at your own risk.

4. AFK/Late -shows – We aren’t going to 4-man 3/4 of the dungeon and have you show up at the last minute. When we go in, you go in. Or you get kicked. Even if we need a 5th person for last boss; guarantee it won’t be you.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

dlonie.6547

If as a new player, i cant enjoy stress free pve in this game, then i will move my money and time elsewhere. Im not yet invested in this game…There is so many games out there, that i dont have to stick to the one with bad game model.

Being 100% serious, if you aren’t invested in this game, leave now.

It doesn’t get better. ArenaNet treats its playerbase like crap, refuses to engage us, doesn’t fix long standing bugs, makes promises they don’t keep, etc etc.

Seriously. It’s all downhill from here. Get out before you have a reason to stay.

Jab.4169

Rising Dusk.2408

You disagree with me only to fulfill your need for attention. You wouldnt get much of it if you would agree, so only way to get some is to throw some argument which only shows that you didnt read any of my posts in this topic, and btw, this topic is really short so i dont know how you managed to do this. I guess that You didnt even read my whole post, since you failed to noticed that i pointed out that :

-I am geared properly for my class and curent meta, full zerk thief, scholar runes on armor, 2x dagger + bow.

-I never joined group which was searching for anything that im not. for example -> ele, war,guard, 5k+ap, pink, i dint even join groups with “rush” in title, cuz i figured that they rather expect someone with 12-20 k ap full pink.

-I have did all paths in all dungeons, but i was doing daily only those which know very well, i wasnt farming basic gears in those dungeons, i was doing them only to get gold. Besides that i do have 4 pink zerker items, so that makes me rather over average 2800 ap guy.

-I dont die in those dungeons during bosses, usually i am the one saving others. Im not total newb, i read some guides and stuff for current dungeon meta for thiefs. During my runs i find others to be rather nooby and unfamiliar with tactics. I dont mind much tho, if group is terribad im just leaving myself. The fact that you are kicking people makes you deserve no sympathy nor respect.

-Im never afk in dungeon, not even for a moment, i know that some people are dealing with theirs real life kitten during runs. Im not one of them. I did pointed out in this topic that dungeons requires one to be super focused to do not make any mistakes at all. I figured that whilst saying this its kind of obvious that i act this way.

-I also poitned out that i do not say anything in those dungeons, btw no one really does. Gw2 seems to be the most unsocial mmo that i encountered during last 8 years, but thats different issue.

I dont know why did you came up with conclusion that i am probably flaming, being afk and playing terrible. But then you are that guy who will dissagre for no reason at all. Here goes your attention, you earned it.

I also pointed out that i was kicked for no reason, in one of those random situations, when kicking someone is a good joke. Why not kick player who doesnt have popular guild or alot of AP. No one will even notice. Its not like i will shout on wolrd chat that he is a scrub and others should block him. We dont have world chat so i cant preatty much do anything after being kicked, except swallow the bitter taste of it.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

Jab, are you sure you aren’t being kicked because of bad atittude? 2.9k ap is not low, and guild names are not really important for pugs. And you say you are a new player, and also say that you are more casual, for a new casual player you have already acomplished a lot in the game by having already done all dungeon paths.

And in all your posts you say that gw2 community is toxic, that you want to quit the game, for me these kind of attention seeking posts just make it more clear that you are not an easy person to deal with in group activities. Just my thoughts…

Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You disagree with me only to fulfill your need for attention. You wouldnt get much of it if you would agree, so only way to get some is to throw some argument which only shows that you didnt read any of my posts in this topic, and btw, this topic is really short so i dont know how you managed to do this.

Errr…. What?

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume English isn’t your first language, and then ignore the first paragraph which is a pretty poorly frames series of insults I presume you issued only because you didn’t understand what I said.

I never questioned your gear, I just think that maybe you’re not as skilled a player as you think you are, or maybe your attitude isn’t as sparkly as you think it is. People don’t just kick people randomly; that’s just not a thing. People kick people for a reason. Sure, some of that is a guild kicking you to replace you with a friend and that’s not okay, but certainly not all of it. You’re probably being kicked so much for reasons fully attributable to yourself and no one else… and considering your insult to me in this thread when I wasn’t even being mean, I’m not surprised.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

The worst kickers are the “PINK DYES or KICK” groups. They’re just terrible.

Not my fault if they can’t l2fashion.
The ones that tried to get in without saying anything and with no pink dyes… I wonder if they were surprised when we actually kicked them.
!KABOOM!
Oh, yeah, didn’t mean to interrupt the flaming going on. Tis rather fun to read.
Just to feed the fire a little, if you get kicked 5 times a week it’s because you as a player or you as a person suck. It’s either or both.
There’s no way you’d encounter 5 different parties, composed by at least 3 guildies/friends, that randomly decide to kick you at the last boss for… no reason at all.

I too risked a kick once in a full pug, and I see that everytime I hear or witness these kind of stories: there’s ALWAYS a reason.
Thankfully for me, that one time it was just a little misunderstanding I swiftly fixed… but I had to backpedal reaaaally quickly and had to swallow a very thick lump of pride with my incautious words. Made sure they believed me alright.
Tis a good thing that I basically have no self-respect. It only gets in your way while dealing with people…
God, I hate people.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Windsagio.1340

1. LFG says experienced. After we wipe on part X, two of the people admit to being first timers; kicked. I don’t mind running new peeps through paths, but not those who can’t read.

2. Being Mouthy.

4. AFK/Late -shows – We aren’t going to 4-man 3/4 of the dungeon and have you show up at the last minute. When we go in, you go in. Or you get kicked. Even if we need a 5th person for last boss; guarantee it won’t be you.

“Being Mouthy”? It’s a common thread in the discussion, why do people hate folks that talk so much? I’m, if nothing else a chatterbox in runs, people seem so dour ><

Posted by: Wollowitz.9174

Wollowitz.9174

I know that I have kicked people from my pubs before for being downright terrible and slowing things down. Maybe I ask for “experienced” or something and the guy gets totally lost, or fails a skip four times straight, or something, and in those cases it is far less painful for the other four people in the group to just replace him than to suffer him any longer.

Hehe, I`m just wondering right now at which progress mark in the dungeon it`s “far less painful….to repalce him”.
Would you also replace the lost one even after 50%+ done?
Maybe YOU would not, or maybe you would, Idk. But I`m sure there are more than enough people who don`t care to do so even if it`s a longer dungeon path which mean that the kicked player did invest – let`s say – 20 min, and even more if it`s fotm…

So if you ask me, there should be an opportunity for kicked people to check WHO did kicked them and block them properly if they get to this decission. Since when you are raging because of being kicked and whisper in order to ask why you had to lose your progress they might answer like jerks or not at all —> These are people who I (!!!!!!!) and probably also other victims don`t want to meet ever again.
But due to the current block system you can end up in a party with blocked people pretty fast again. AND if these by you blocked guys say sth in the party chat during the run you won`t know about it —> you won`t answer —> kicked again? This might not happen often, but it`s possible. If you just knew how long my block list is…many of these blocked guys are gold sellers, griefers, bad trolls and also some kickers who I met when I was farming fotm for my ascended rings.
The core of my post is that we need a better block system in order to prevent further runs with people who kicked you at the middle/end of dungeon (if you feel like they deserve to be blocked by you).
How it could look like: There are different options when blokcing someone, e.g.: pve, troll, scam etc. Once blocked a person, his name will appear in a certain way on the LFG tool/Block lost, e.g. if blocked in pve —> a square next to his name, if blocked for got trolled —> a circle etc
So Whenever you will look for a group on the tool and see blocked people you will know why you did block him and will be warned if you see 2+ guys (who you blocked in pve) in the same lfg party.
Also: the blocked ones won`t be able to join/merge a party you are in immediately. If they tried to join your party you would get an pop up showing who tries to join you, with the square/circle next to his name, so once again you will know wheter to let him join or decline. In case you and another party member of you have the same guy blocked, both of you will get a pop up, only if both agree he will be added to the party.
Once they are in, you will be able to read hat he is saying, as it`s just stupid to run with someone and not knowing wheter he tries to communicate with you or not.

I also don`t think that a majority kick system is that effective, as RisingDusk said: it doesn`t hurt at all to kick someone who did fail a skip a few times (even after 50%+ of the path done?) or maybe didn`t stack stealth as thief, of maybe ran out of stealth stacking and pulled all aggro (e.g. CoF p3 bomb part). That`s not big of a deal for experienced people who run dungeons a lot and even got kicked, can restart and finish it again in a short time. But what about the children, anyone cares about children? Eh, I mean not that experienced guys, who have a harder time to earn their gold in dungeons and maybe even are afraid of getting kicked if they do sth wrong.
Another thing I need to mention is that those people who discuss here are a minjority, the major playerbase doesn`t share their experiences here, because they`re not active on the forums.
Myself didn`t care about the forum back in the days, the first time I wrote here (if I remember right) was because I got griefed while selling, tho, that thread got deleted because I did post names, hehe.

Jerus.4350

God, I hate people.

Amen.

2. Being Mouthy.

“Being Mouthy”? It’s a common thread in the discussion, why do people hate folks that talk so much? I’m, if nothing else a chatterbox in runs, people seem so dour ><

There’s being talkative and being mouthy. Being mouthy generally goes with being a kitten. In general I agree though most PUGs hate communicating, even if it’s simply asking what banner they’re using.