What level Fractals give Ascended Chests?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Just wondering. Like for Weapons and stuff.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

In spite of the wording if the last patch notes, it appears the only ascended come from the daily shaky chests.

Which means there is a chance for doing the dailies.

The highest chance is from doing the 50-100 bracket

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

None. I’ve done over 500 and never seen a chest. RNG

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

The Adept, Veteran, and Champion Fractal daily rewards all have a chance to drop Ascended gear boxes. The Daily Chest of the Mists from the Recommended Fractals only drop rings.

Realistically though, The Adept and Veteran boxes have so low a chance to drop these boxes that we consider the drop rate to be non-existent.

However, the Champion boxes have a very consistent drop rate: Armor boxes averaging to 1/8 while weapon boxes are about 1/20.

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

The Adept, Veteran, and Champion Fractal daily rewards all have a chance to drop Ascended gear boxes. The Daily Chest of the Mists from the Recommended Fractals only drop rings.

Realistically though, The Adept and Veteran boxes have so low a chance to drop these boxes that we consider the drop rate to be non-existent.

However, the Champion boxes have a very consistent drop rate: Armor boxes averaging to 1/8 while weapon boxes are about 1/20.

0/0 and 0/0 for me :> RNG.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Ive gotten armor boxes from the daily recommended box as well as the adept/vet/champ dailies.

Only dailies have a chance, same as before HoT.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Veteran and champion dailies have the chance to drop.
( 21-50 × 3 / 50+ x 3 )

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

It’s funny because since the 15th i’ve had almost as many asc drops as i had in the previous two years of fracts combined. Got two on christmas day.

praise rngesus

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

savacli.8172

0/0 and 0/0 for me :> RNG.

Zero out of zero, huh? Wait, does that mean that you’re trying to divide by z-

/explodes

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Alright, since HoT fractal update I’ve gotten 4 ascended chests, 2 gold fractal skins and 3 regular fractal skins.

3 of the chests dropped from the Champion Chest (do 3 51-100 fractals daily one)
1 of the chests dropped from the Veteran Chest (do 3 21-50 fractals daily one)
Both gold fractal skins came from the Veteran Chest I believe.
Don’t remember where the fractal skins came from, could be any I’m sure.

Maybe my RNG is good (it’s not anywhere else in the game), but those 3 ascended chests I got from the 51-100 dailies was across maybe 8 dailies. So 3 out of 8 times doing the daily I got an ascended chest (2 boots and 1 chestpiece).

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

So it sounds the very content that initially required Ascended armor and weapons only gives players one chance per day for the drop they need.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

savacli.8172

So it sounds the very content that initially required Ascended armor and weapons only gives players one chance per day for the drop they need.

For the higher leveled Fractals, yes. Though you can get enough AR for levels in the upper 60’s through trinkets alone. Anything higher than that, and you’ll either need to budget on making the armor/weapons yourself, hope you get a drop, or make outrageously priced infusions.

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

21-50 3xDaily chest has about a 1% chance to drop an armor chest (I have gotten one before).

51-100 3xDaily Chest has about a 12% chance to drop an armor chest and about a 3% chance to drop a weapon chest.

Posted by: CD673141-975B-42E9-8500-F0FEFF861A7D

CD673141-975B-42E9-8500-F0FEFF861A7D

Opened ascended 51-100 box every day barring 1 or 2 since changes; 0 ascendeds other than rings.

Posted by: Vorenu.6943

Vorenu.6943

All chests drop them, recently i got a weapon chest from the 1-20 daily box and the day before yesterday gave me a boot box from one of the journal page chests.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I just want another chance so the odds are on par with pre-fractal changes.

Please give 76-100 its own daily category.

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

I would like the idea of using the research pages to acquire Ascended weapons/armors since it seems beyond T3 backpiece it won’t be needed.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

None.

adgnafasdfka

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

we do full fractal daily run everyday! :P everyday, there is 1 person in the team at least get an asc chest. yesterday was asc glove to a friend. this week, i gotten 2 asc chests, one weapon the other gloves. i think its from the high lvl fractal daily chest.
two days ago, i got an asc weapon, while another friend tag along he gotten a weapon chest. so.. yeh do the 3x 50-100 fractal daily i believe it has higher chance.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

(edited by Talindra.4958)

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Alright, since HoT fractal update I’ve gotten 4 ascended chests, 2 gold fractal skins and 3 regular fractal skins.

3 of the chests dropped from the Champion Chest (do 3 51-100 fractals daily one)
1 of the chests dropped from the Veteran Chest (do 3 21-50 fractals daily one)
Both gold fractal skins came from the Veteran Chest I believe.
Don’t remember where the fractal skins came from, could be any I’m sure.

Maybe my RNG is good (it’s not anywhere else in the game), but those 3 ascended chests I got from the 51-100 dailies was across maybe 8 dailies. So 3 out of 8 times doing the daily I got an ascended chest (2 boots and 1 chestpiece).

That is exceptionally lucky though.

I opened 25 master chests on patch day and got 4 ascended chests. None from the lower ones and no golden skin weapons.

Ever since then I’ve been running all the fractals daily and have gotten 2 more ascended chests and still no golden skins.

People need to realise that 10-15% is just that. One item per week or week and a half. With bad rng we are looking at 2-4 ascended items (not counting rings) per month of doing daily fractal 51-100. It wasn’t a lot better pre HoT, except for the occasional fractal skin.

Biggest difference is the time. 3x swamp is an easy 20 minutes for the daily. Pre HoT 30 Minutes was a really fast run, 45 Minutes was okay and 1 hour and above was Cliffside and Taumanova plus Mai at the end.

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

It’s a 12.5% chance from the champion chest. I’m not sure about the veteran chest, but I did get an ascended weapon box from it once. Considering it my late christmas present.

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

problem with absurdly low chances(for time it takes) is that they have ridiculous variances. There’s going to be way more people hating the game after sitting on top of mossman for 40 minutes a day than people loving the every other day drops….

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

Posted by: Omnibus.9367

Omnibus.9367

Would be nice if they changed it back to the old system. Like actually needing the personal level of what you’re doing to get loot from it. At the moment there are people doing 51+ swamp-for-life with not even enough ar nor a personal level that is close and they get ascended chests while the people that have made an actual effort get precipitates every day……

Plus the higher your personal level the more likely you should get chests. So say you have a personal level of 100, you should have a higher chance than anyone that isn’t 100. In addition, having the achievements should also give a higher chance. This would create incentive for people to do more than just swamp so there are actually parties for non-swamp fractals.

So the low tier fractals will still have their really low chance of dropping chests but the high ones will actually reward people for doing the content.

Also giving a better chance for doing different fractals for the 51+ tier would be nice as well. So if you did a different fractal each time instead of just swamp every time you would be better off.

Just a thought, the rng system atm is rewarding crazy lucky people every day or those that don’t really work for it. Please change this.

Posted by: Dream Shake.8741

Dream Shake.8741

Wait, people are only doing swamp? I definitely didn’t see that coming when they said fractals are going into a single instance per level. /s

At least it’s much more fun than running dungeons. /s

The epic rng rewards are really cool though. /s