What level agony infusions to use?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

Q:

So I infused my back and one of my rings, and the other should be infused soon. My question is what lvl agony infusions should shove in them? I have 40ar without, and I’m only in the 20 tier, so I can certainly wait a bit before committing, but I wanted the community take on this so I don’t feel like an idiot later.

As to why such early infusion: I didn’t want to waste a versatile just to have it disappear when I infuse later.

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

A:

One thing to consider if you have a few 80’s is that you can reasonably get 60AR from trinkets alone. This allows youn some flexibility on which one you want to bring to a run just by swapping trinkets – no need to consider weapons or armor for 1-49 runs.

Later on when you can better equip all your alts this is less of an issue, but early on it does give you options.

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

For infusions until you reach the upper 30’s I would save them. If you have full ascended armor you can slot the 5 versatile agony infusions you get from the fractal vendor. plus the ascended trinkets/weapon you will be above 65 ar. Thats enough up to the 49. The only time you will need 70 is at 50. You probably havent got a infused ring drop so dont worry but when you do and hopefully its a decent ring you can slot both a versatile and A regular agony resistance. Again do not craft agony infusions above 8 its a waste of gold.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Consider the following:
- Agony “tiers” go by an amount of 5 increase. So 30, 35, 40 will give you different protection depending on the scale.
- Once you infuse a ring/back you can still add +5 versatile in addition to your infusion.
- If you play a class that requires a lot of weapon swaps, you’ll need to either slot each weapon or make infusions to cover the work for you. In some classes this isn’t much of an issue if you are stuck camping one weapon (Ele Staff).
- Slotting all your armor is 30 AR. Non-infusable trinkets are 25AR. If you put a +5 in your back and ring plus the versital ones, that is 20 AR. Plus the last ring is 80 AR, more than enough than what you need currently. If all your armor is not ascended then you need to rely more on infusions or slotting your weapons.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

You can get 70AR to be able to do 50s without using any of the infused slots on the backpiece or rings. With 6 armor pieces (30 AR), weapons (10 AR), and 6 trinkets (30 AR), you can get by with Versatiles just fine. I’ve been hoarding my +1s for HoT to see what will happen with Fractals and the accompanying masteries.

For now, I would just use the Versatiles. If you have 40 AR already, you’re good for a bit anyways. You’ll need 55 AR for 40-49 and 70 AR for 50.