What makes a "scumbag elitist"?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

Just curious to know how all the “scumbag elitists” of this community have come to be known as their scummy selves. What traits, characteristics and attitudes they have. Stuff like that.

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

It’s the the traits and attitude that we have that makes us elitists, it’s the traits and attitudes that the pugs don’t have !

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

Always remember that for any random pug, you’re also a pug.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Zelyhn.8069

The disasters of information asymmetry !

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

It’s the the traits and attitude that we have that makes us elitists, it’s the traits and attitudes that the pugs don’t have !

Yes but what exactly are those traits?

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Always remember that for any random pug, you’re also a pug.

The term pug has transcended the basic definition of “pickup group” and gained a connotation of “play how you wanna player”, i.e. someone who is ultra-casual and doesn’t put forward any effort to maximize their personal or team efficiency.

Thus the difference between “I was in a pug the other day and there was this idiotic staff-camping guardian in CoE. I know he was in full PTV cause he just facetanked Alpha.”

“Well what do you expect, he’s a pug.”

Retired. Too many casuals.

Oxxy.7068

^
Accurate enough for me, you won.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

1. trait we all share; boredom.
Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

If only my “compilation of berserker player qualities” thread is still up….

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

According to Guild Wars 2 Discussion subforum/reddit, anyone who endlessly strives to get better and improve their skill level, who develops and utilizes optimal builds and tactics and who desires more challenging content to be implemented, is definitely an elitist scumbag.

Zelyhn.8069

Was it removed?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

The main trait of GW2 elitists is being kittens to people that don’t use what the elitists consider to be the most efficient gear or build.

The elitists treat the game objectives as a job, pressing everyone to complete them as fast as possible, and insulting anyone that is simply there to relax.

They are the ones asking for gear checks, achievement checks, dps checks etc.

Oxxy.7068

The elitists treat the game objectives as a job, pressing everyone to complete them as fast as possible, and insulting anyone that is simply there to relax.

I relax while running stuff in a non-slowmo fashion. Come at me.

Zelyhn.8069

Speed is not the main objective of elitists, speed is a consequence of a quest for efficiency.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Wukunlin.8461

Was it removed?

yeah
If anything it was a pretty effective way to check if people’s sarcasm detectors were working properly

Oceanic [LOD]

Wukunlin.8461

The main trait of GW2 elitists is being kittens to people that don’t use what the elitists consider to be the most efficient gear or build.

I still don’t understand what achievement point checks accomplish

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

i love how every casual assumes we dont play for fun because we like doing things efficiently, you could argue its more fun watching bosses melt

AntiGw.9367

i love how every casual assumes we dont play for fun because we like doing things efficiently, you could argue its more fun watching bosses melt

The key points of that post are “being kittens to people that” and “insulting”.

Clumsy.6257

i love how every casual assumes we dont play for fun because we like doing things efficiently,uyo could argue its more fun watching bosses melt

The key points of that post are “being kittens to people that” and “insulting”.

we could go on about this all day but to shorten it down, yes we insult them, yes we dislike them, not because we’re mean but because they refuse to listen, or read the LFG, and most importantly they refuse to try and be better players
edit: fixed spelling

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Well,
Name calling is specifically something people do to others who have angered them in some way. Nobody’s just casually tossing out the term to some silent stranger for no good reason. They don’t know what your wearing, what your spec is, or how you feel about their spec, unless you take the time out of your busy day to tell them.

So, in some way a Scumbag Elitist has to be ‘putting themselves out there’ in some fashion.

/edit: removed something that was kind of offtopic.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Oxxy.7068

But dude gw2 is not their job. I mean, who the hell reads while not working nowadays?

AntiGw.9367

I have to say that I didn’t expect these guys to come here and first admit they are insulting people, and then attempt to justify that behaviour.

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Was it removed?

yeah
If anything it was a pretty effective way to check if people’s sarcasm detectors were working properly

What a shame, that thread was one of the best of the last weeks

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I have to say that I didn’t expect these guys to come here and first admit they are insulting people, and then attempt to justify that behaviour.

I would be more worried if people denied what they are doing. Or told how they don’t like doing it yet they still do.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

The title is granted to us by fallacious logic.

Attachments:

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

we could go on about this all day but to shorten it down, yes we insult them, yes we dislike them, not because we’re mean but because they refuse to listen, or read the LFG, and most importantly they refuse to try and be better players

Lol.

I know when I insult people and yell at them, it makes them QUITE receptive to my point of view.

Well played.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Zelyhn.8069

Harrahou, who is banned for having yelled at atse a bit too much, tells me to tell you that being an elitist is yelling at atse.

Also he said that France is a great country and that all citizens of the world should look up to it.

His words, yes yes.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Clumsy.6257

Lol.

I know when I insult people and yell at them, it makes them QUITE receptive to my point of view.

Well played.

I don’t think you understand the situation. We “elitist scumbags” aren’t the ones who threw out the first insults. I’ve never known anyone to randomly verbally abuse a player for playing their own way. The problem is that a certain group of players, lets call them “casuals”, ignores all requirements we put on our party such as full berserker or experienced people only. When they are kicked for not meeting the requirements, they spam the “elitist scumbags” with verbal abuse. This isn’t even an uncommon occurrence.
edit: So according to that chain of events, shouldn’t the terms be elitist and casual scumbag?

(edited by Clumsy.6257)

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I wouldn’t call us scumb bags just because we don’t wanna spend 6 hours completing Arah like some ppl

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Harrahou, who is banned for having yelled at atse a bit too much, tells me to tell you that being an elitist is yelling at atse.

Also he said that France is a great country and that all citizens of the world should look up to it.

His words, yes yes.

Hmmmmmm…….

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Was it removed?

yeah

For the time the thread was up, I must admit it didn’t disappoint.

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

To illustrate by example (from yesterday)

Guy makes a normal LFG, just says “be experienced,” not gearcheck or anything else. We get the group going, we start the dungeon and kill some mobs. Guy says, “Run DPS if you can.” Guard in the group says, “I’m running a support build.” Guy immediately leaves, kicking all of us because he opened.

I’m fine if people want to run a certain kind of group but it should be advertised that way. Don’t collect random people, then tell them do something they may not be able to do – like, you know, summon a full zerker set and change their traits on command – and immediately rage out when they don’t. If you don’t want random people don’t join random groups. It’s not hard.

Zelyhn.8069

Guides , calculators, advice, actually we are scumbag altruists!!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

The main characteristic in-game is that they pull their weight.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

To illustrate by example (from yesterday)

Guy makes a normal LFG, just says “be experienced,” not gearcheck or anything else. We get the group going, we start the dungeon and kill some mobs. Guy says, “Run DPS if you can.” Guard in the group says, “I’m running a support build.” Guy immediately leaves, kicking all of us because he opened.

I’m fine if people want to run a certain kind of group but it should be advertised that way. Don’t collect random people, then tell them do something they may not be able to do – like, you know, summon a full zerker set and change their traits on command – and immediately rage out when they don’t. If you don’t want random people don’t join random groups. It’s not hard.

Experienced = full zerker. I know he didn’t spell that out, but its implied.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

As this discussion leaves too little room for constructive discussion and has lead to several inflammatory and rude postings, this topic is closed.