What's the point?

What's the point?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: InfamousBlackGuy.4129

InfamousBlackGuy.4129

To make this thread short, I’ll complete the question.

What’s the point of dungeons being available at level 30 when players only want to operate with level 80’s. It really annoys me because it makes the LFG feature entirely useless until you’ve capped a character. And the only other way is to either join a party fast and beg them stay before they vote to kick you, or join a sizeable guild that runs the dungeon(s) daily.

What's the point?

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

1. Make your own party with the words “Low level characters welcome.”
2. Go with guildies who are also bringing their low level alts so you don’t have to PUG anyone.

Nice options to have, and better to have these options than to not have it. Imagine if every dungeon Was lv 80 required.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

What's the point?

Posted by: InfamousBlackGuy.4129

InfamousBlackGuy.4129

In response:

1.) Hmm this seems like an obvious solution, but we all know that completing even the starter dungeons with fresh players is next to impossible. Even then, the recruiting process becomes tedious and players either ditch before a full party is created, or rage mid dungeon because the entire party is consistently dying.

2.) I kinda hinted this as an option in the OP. It’s completely feasible to do, but not everyone joins a guild capable of running these dungeons – so yea.

Your options stated are available, but they really don’t help new players. Just imagine if all level 30’s went into AC and tried to run all 4 paths with no prior knowledge. Yea, not fun at all.

What's the point?

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

1) Try harder. Nobody spoon fed us how to run dungeons when we started, so why are you feeling more special. Too entitled.

What's the point?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

You can also take a look at the 2 stickied posts at the top of this subforum that talk about how to find groups that are willing to teach these runs.

What's the point?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

honestly, when I level my guardian through AC, I always manage to finish with other low level. It just take like 1 hour for a run or something. Usually people rage quit mid way, but since I’m the leader, I always manage to recruit people back

What's the point?

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I agree with OP. It’s a blatant design flaw and I find the issue is profound; the game seems to start at the max level in many cases, whereas the levels required to partake in them do not. It’s simple enough to tell someone pointing this out that they can always start their own groups, but who’s leg are you pulling if you think that’s a viable solution here? xD

I’m willing to bet over 95% of the people running dungeons are consistently searching for groups of experienced people, whatever that means (subjective, as experienced could mean just about anything). It’s also established that being the max level on GW2 is a standard, rather than an achievement. That’s the source of the problem tbh.

What's the point?

Posted by: Boyd.5438

Boyd.5438

i have done ac with a group of lv29 to 35 pre patch. sucessfully finished the dungeon without issues, just takes tripple the time.

What's the point?

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

The LFG feature is all about finding other players that share the same criteria you want to party with. It has nothing to do with only finding low level characters. Saying it makes the LFG useless is quite a careless statement to suggest.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

What's the point?

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Pls.. there isnt a day that goes by that numerous low levels beat content designed for their level. it may take time and some ingenuity but it happens.

If my internet wasnt so crap I would be doing content appropriate dungeons on my levelling warrior right now..

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

What's the point?

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

So you want low level chars played by super experienced people?

What's the point?

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

In response:

1.) Hmm this seems like an obvious solution, but we all know that completing even the starter dungeons with fresh players is next to impossible. Even then, the recruiting process becomes tedious and players either ditch before a full party is created, or rage mid dungeon because the entire party is consistently dying.

2.) I kinda hinted this as an option in the OP. It’s completely feasible to do, but not everyone joins a guild capable of running these dungeons – so yea.

Your options stated are available, but they really don’t help new players. Just imagine if all level 30’s went into AC and tried to run all 4 paths with no prior knowledge. Yea, not fun at all.

Why is it next to impossible? We veterans who played since the start managed to make them, all new to the dungeons, why shouldn’t new players be able to do the same? This is the ridiculous mentality that is spreading nowadays, as if veterans were born with the knowledge and didn’t have to learn things through. -.-

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

What's the point?

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

If you start your own group saying “all welcome” you will get experienced level 80’s three times out of four. Personally I will often join these groups on paths I know well because it offers a different experience. The only time I get annoyed is when people who haven’t done the dungeon before run ahead and agro mobs, or they just don’t listen.

So what about the one time in four when everyone is new to the dungeon? Welcome to the world of not being carried. Dungeons are hard when you are new to them and I can see that struggling through every dungeon as a rookie would get depressing, but every dungeon had someone complete it for the first time. Understand the principles of your class and don’t try for a bunker build and you should be OK provided you have a group of non rage quitters. CM path 2 took me 2 hours one night, so a lot of us have experience of hard dungeon runs where nothing went right. The game is old enough that you only have to go through that experience one time in four now. Just don’t be what I was back then, a staff guardian who didn’t use reflects.

What's the point?

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

If you start your own group saying “all welcome” you will get experienced level 80’s three times out of four.

Teach me Cormac-sensei.

What's the point?

Posted by: Boyd.5438

Boyd.5438

way i see it how dungeons are made :

For completely new players

1, teach you how to utilize your class
2, provide experience to new and different situations for new players to solve.
3, getting rewarded for understanding and being able to cope.

for vets

1, improve group efficiency regardless of who you group with.
2, maximize group potential of everyone in group regardless if vet or new.
3, challenge to solve issues faster/ speeding up the runs.

i have, honestly been with a bunch of sub 500 achievement point newbies in cm, myself was on a level 45 thief.

group:
thief lv45 : with blind from thief to negate damage taken, stealth that skip mobs.
mesmer lv38+: nullfield, feedback, mantras(swap when need), timewarp
Guardian lv65+ : wall of reflection, purging flames, stand your ground etc.
ele lv40+ : firefield, blast finishers perma fury might
necro lv50+: wells

end result :
perma 25 stacks of might, 1 minute 30 seconds of fury uptime constantly, perma protection, 25 stacks of vuln “only lasts short time”

cm p1 took 15 minutes.

how is that content requiring higher level characters?

it depends if the group knows what they are doing or not, willing to learn or not.

most players that are new, like fresh, are ok with new suggestions, they try and learn.

some players that lurk the forums etc for “best builds” and are familiar with other gameplay styles, are always very stubborn, non flexible, insist to use skills and utilities that are not required for specific encounter/situation.

not saying everyone is the same, but i find totally fresh out of the oven players much easier to guide compared to players that have been ingame for a short period thinking they know everything :/ just imo.

regardless of the above situation, level 80 characters have more traits benefit, more damage multipliers, more utilities unlocked and have at least exotic gear used, hence lfg lv80 only.

there are people ingame that have done the same content over 2 years, since launch, everyday. prepatch per account 1 daily chest, people even do dungeons on 8 to 10 toons just to farm tokens for exotic gear.

vets are sick, tired of repetitive content, all they want is to go in, take reward, get out.

sometimes some vets are nice, they invite anyone, and explain, guide and teach/explain so you understand your skills/class.

sometimes people just cbf. not everyone have 12 hours a day working in gw2. they have lifes, they have children to care for, they have alot of other things to do. hence lfg 80 zerker fast experienced.

IF you are new, ARE trying to LEARN, post something like “LFG p1 cm, new finding guide” OR, “LFG p1 ac, all welcome. please be prepared we are new.”

OR even better, just ask at any map with most people if anyone is willing to take you thru and guide you thru the path.

nowdays its so much easier, you have trait change on the go, so if you need anything for certain encounters, why not?

example :

personally i run 0 6 4 4 0 on thief for wvw to scout, but heck when i do pve i change to 5 6 0 0 3.

i commonly use SR, shadowstep, blinding powder for wvw, but then at pve, i swap the skills as needed when needed/required no questions asked.

being flexible is also a very very important point in the game, there is no such thing as a perfect build, but perfect match of skills and utility use.

the above is just one issue why people run guild groups and ignore pugs/refuse to guide new players.

now after telling you the reasons why people want level 80s, why people dont join pugs etc, do you get the bigger picture of the situation?

lfg tool is perfectly fine. without it, you will suffer more. even worse, because of the age of the game, many people already established they own personal few dungeon runners. they stick to their own group and are reluctant to do dungeons with anyone else because they do not want the frustration that it causes.

ps, my first dungeon runs ingame was a headless chicken run. ever done a dungeon with blues and greens at level 80? ever done ac at lv25 with no friggin idea what kinda paintrain is inside? yea we killed the baby spiders only lawl. big spiders ate us alive.

What's the point?

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Teach me Cormac-sensei.

Many say that to defeat the dungeon mob, you must become the dungeon mob. However, it is pointless drinking bandit tonic in Caudecus Manor.

An avalanche may begin with a single flake of snow. So too a wipe may begin with a single unintended pull.

Do not rage against the bear bow in your group, rage against the bear bow in yourself.

Every style has its place, every guardian staff its volatile bloom, but that doesn’t mean that you should do it all the time.

You will receive more wisdom when your mind is ready for it (or if I can think of something else I think is funny).