What's up with Giganticus Lupicus aggro?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Not a complaint, but just wondering why does he always target me with his teleport skill? I’ve been in many PUGs now, and like 90% of the times I’m his main target for his teleport skill… Just seems kinda strange…

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Just think of it as your doing the most damage.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Or being the most squishy

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Or having the most points on your survival trait line.

Milennin.4825

Well I play Elementalist (balanced build), but even with other Elementalists in the party I’m always his first choice, even when I’m downed. Oh well, the same goes for his 3rd phase. I’m always the first thing he stalks. Only after I get downed he starts going on other people.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

He just really really really likes you. He wants a hug!

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

He just really really really likes you. He wants a hug!

Robert, Robert. We need more lore for dungeons, ala Elder scrolls books. I don’t mean story mode, i mean info about bosses, why they are doing that, why they are there. Lupicus design is so kittening awesome, i really want to read more about why is he guarding the temple, what’s up with his position, etc. And the gravelings in Ascalonian Catacombs, do they feed on the ghosts? Would they destroy the world if they were to get out of control?

I want a monster encyclopedia

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Milennin.4825

If only he wouldn’t kill me in 2 shots for getting up in his face (toes) with my dual dagger build.xD

edit: Also what guy above me said. Want more lore.=D

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Monster encyclopedia does sound pretty cool. I’ll bring it up with the writing team to see what they think about it. I’m sure there was already a discussion about it, but it doesn’t hurt to flail my arms about things.

Edit: unless, in the event of me flailing my arms, I accidentally slap someone.

Posted by: Orcao.6419

Orcao.6419

Well I play Elementalist (balanced build), but even with other Elementalists in the party I’m always his first choice, even when I’m downed. Oh well, the same goes for his 3rd phase. I’m always the first thing he stalks. Only after I get downed he starts going on other people.

I know in phase 3 he chases whoever has the highest armor. Not sure what his priority is for phase 2 teleports (they’ve always seemed random).

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Monster encyclopedia does sound pretty cool. I’ll bring it up with the writing team to see what they think about it. I’m sure there was already a discussion about it, but it doesn’t hurt to flail my arms about things.

That would be pretty cool to find out the story behind the various bosses to give them some more depth. Like the ooze boss, That one made us laugh so much (Tentacles and such you know how it goes) and the mystery whiskey and why hodgin is hiding turkeys…

Our party is also a bit baffled in regards to aggro of some bosses like Lupicus. He seems to really like me as well (Mesmer) I guess he knows I like hugs or he knows I’m hiding some very old whiskey!

I think Lupicus is adorable (yes I’m weird) I always feel bad for fighting him because he looks to be in pain and I just want to hug him (same with giants, they’re adorable too).

Unless they like that sort of thing Also, once again I laughed at the image of the flailing arms…I’m thinking of wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man style arm waving.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Seth.4927

Seth.4927

With Monsters Encyclopedia we also get an “Beast Hunter” kind of Achievement and all that, right right?
But yeah, my friends were also really curious about what that Giganticus was, so I explained to them a bit from GW1 lore, but I had nothing to say about the Wraithlord =p

Roker
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

Lupus always hunts the person with the highest Toughness.

Posted by: Cyferwolf.1089

Cyferwolf.1089

I’ve run into this a couple times with other enemies. seems like sometimes they just decide they don’t like somebody and just get stuck on them. Worst was the risen priest of melandru in ruined shore. It went after me every time I showed up, even after I had died and stayed away for ten minutes. As soon as I showed back up it was right back after me. The next day it was doing the same thing to some other poor guy.

Probably just a weird hiccup in the agrro routines or something. That… or maybe it just doesn’t like the way you chew your food. :p

Posted by: Cyferwolf.1089

Cyferwolf.1089

Unless they like that sort of thing Also, once again I laughed at the image of the flailing arms…I’m thinking of wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man style arm waving.

Totally brought this up

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Totally brought this up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtespeLin2c

Haha! Yea that’s exactly what I was thinking of Just when Robert mentioned the flailing arms that’s the first thing I imagined (Thus the laughing).

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Don’t avoid flailing just because of that…sometimes it’s exactly what’s needed. If you’re just innocently flailing and they put their face in the way…who’s really at fault?

I’ve wanted to accidentally slap some people at work for quite a while. I guess that would sort of make it not accidental, though.

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Honestly as THE tank, having both sets of aggro on phase 3 is the best feeling ever!

Posted by: Dakirah.1892

Dakirah.1892

I think they need to spread out the inhales and slime balls – sometimes the ‘tank’ in phase 3 gets too much stuff and doesnt have enough utilities / dodges to survive. Sometimes it feels like a mechanic of this boss is to rez a downed alli in phase three from unlucky inhales and slime balls which I don’t think should be intended.

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

It should be tied lowest x stat. Like lowest HP or lowest TOUGHNESS etc. Or highgest….

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Milennin.4825

It shouldn’t be tied down to anything but randomness, otherwise it’s an easy and predictable way of going into the encounter.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Monster encyclopedia does sound pretty cool.

Hey Rob, have you seen http://www.gw2dungeons.net? It’s pretty cool — looks like the community (mostly Wethospu) has really stepped up and taken care of that already. There’re also things like build info on there — even a recommended dungeon build for necros!

I’m sure there was already a discussion about it, but it doesn’t hurt to flail my arms about things.

Maybe that should happen, anyway? I mean, seriously — are we ever going to hear anything about the autoattack change from 4 months ago?

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

Sick necro bruh

Nova [rT]

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Sick necro bruh

Don’t ruin his roleplay

dlonie.6547

It’s fun to pretend

It’s tempting to make a Robert Hrouda account with different numbers and start answering people. We need another $10 account sale now!

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Are you feeling alright?

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

This is depressing please stop.

dlonie.6547

Yeah, I’m good. It was funny to me, but I’m not trying to upset anyone (or have what happened to WvW happen here), so no more salt on the wounds from me.

The point was made, no need to beat this horse anymore — we all know it died a long time ago. Sorry for being depressing, I’ll knock it off <3

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

The point was made, no need to beat this horse anymore — we all know it died a long time ago. Sorry for being depressing, I’ll knock it off <3

No, please keep on going

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Yeah, I’m good. It was funny to me, but I’m not trying to upset anyone (or have what happened to WvW happen here), so no more salt on the wounds from me.

dloony
Don’t be sad. We still got frands!