What to expect: A Fractal 100 run

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

Finally able to upload our run of Fractal 100 from awhile ago, I must say.. it’s somewhat challenging? and also not so. This is the first time we ran it. We heard rumors of a special surprise inside but we just went in paying it no heed because we didn’t want it to be spoiled.

Prior to entrance, we formulated a plan, going off of our Guild META setup (1 AH hammer guardian tank, 1 PS war, 1 Zerk ele) and added a 2ndary Hammer tank just incase with me running heal ele(Mmm heals<3)

This isn’t our standard DPS spike team, but we wanted to play it safe and successful on our first try so enjoy the vid. It’s 1h long, around 12 minutes of AFK/Goofing around time from 8:00-20:00.

We didn’t use elite specializations, we went in old-school and it did well. Should be alot faster with the new classes/spec’s though. Neither did we use condition damage classes like the Viper/Sinister Engi, we know Zerk is still viable. SLower, but proper setup and tactics, still good.

What can you expect from a 100 fractal? Take a beating, a couple downs, some loot and your gold fractal weapon chest Also good team-play and tactics get’s you a long way, so work on those. It’s not hard, none of the fractal’s are hard with the right tactics.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

“Never have to do 100 Mai again.” But guys…

Congrats guys <333

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

For the fact that you apparently love heals, you sure are good at playing healer ele as inefficient as possible.
If you would take less “tanks” it would have been a lot easier since you can burn down the adds faster, and you don’t have to camp water and icebow autoattack for 40 minutes.

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

seeing this makes me really happy raids have oneshot mechanics and enrage timers

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

For the fact that you apparently love heals, you sure are good at playing healer ele as inefficient as possible.
If you would take less “tanks” it would have been a lot easier since you can burn down the adds faster, and you don’t have to camp water and icebow autoattack for 40 minutes.

Appreciate your attempt at giving me advice, but pls refrain from giving advice in the future until you learn how to read. I obviously posted that this isn’t our standard DPS setup and that we played it safe this round. And also please be kind enough to inform the world of how to “efficiently” play heal ele mr obviously pro heal ele.

bladex.9502

please be kind enough to inform the world of how to “efficiently” play heal ele mr obviously pro heal ele.

Well in the first place you could try actually doing damage and applying auras and other forms of utility instead of spamming water autoattack when your entire team is at full health, and maybe try using tempest which makes elementalist’s healing capabilities not completely useless in the first place.
But yeah, shouldn’t really expect you to have any knowledge of the class you’re playing and efficiency when your “DPS spike team” includes a AH hammer tank guardian.

I guess you did a good job at showing people how brokenly easy high level fractals are tho, kudos I guess

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

No wipes? Is that even possible now? Bosses are health sponges that present no threat.

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

“Anet did a decent job”. Yeah, if you call increasing some values a decent job. I call that a cheap change that requires 5 seconds of effort. 7 mistlocks, VS the 20 we had before. GJ Anet you are awesome.

Anyway congrats on your golden weapon.

bladex.9502

Apparently adding a 0 behind HP and toughness values so you can run in circles spamming 1 for 40 minutes to beat the highest form of “challenging group content” is doing a decent job, sick.

Also I did in fact read your quite humorous OP, I just meant to say that you could use the elite spec to let things go smoother.
Pretty funny that you call me clueless and a “kitten” tbh, since your video is pretty much the definition of clueless.
Sad that you have to resort to name calling to prove your point

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Sick heals mate

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Sick heals mate

Except when rezzing. Rez heals is no party heals ™

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well now I have a video to show people when they ask why raids need an enrage timer!

Awesome heals btw!

Oh no he’s at 99% health, SPAM WATER AUTO! LOL

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Oh, and BTW, higher fractals aren’t broken you kitten . ANET did a decent job at it, good team play, setups, tactics make it seem easier. That’s all we did and we didn’t even setup for any sort of speedy run, this is casual, low pressure, high success, no wipes, proper mechanics.

Lost my sides so hard at this
Enemies do barely any damage anymore (67 Mossman hits for 2x 3k with Gouge, wtf is this? That skill was able to OHKO pretty much everyone pre-HoT) and mobs just got tons of toughness, dragging fights out and making them boring. I don’t think we needed proper strats at any point and there wasn’t really much pressure either, despite our party being full zerker/sinister.
Anet did a horrible job at fractal scaling.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

… may I advise you to at least play druid, so you buff your team’s damage while healing? condi, preferably… se-settlers? /shudder

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Spam 1 on Water Staff? Ice Bow viable again?!?

Guys!! I found the new Meta!!!!!

On a more related note: The fight was pretty hilarious, and overall it did a brilliant job of demonstrating how easy fractals have become even at the ultimate Scale 100. Elite specs or not that fight was nothing but Lazy Mode fighting. Congrats on getting the job done, at least?

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

Yeah, many thanks for all the compliments. Was a nice chill run. Heck, even got to throw a few messages on my phone. Don’t really care though. At the end of the day, rewards are what we’re after anyway. If it requires a Tank & Healer to achieve it, doesnt matter. But please do post your super awesome 100 Fractal runs so I can watch how easy it is for you too (^_^)

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

… may I advise you to at least play druid, so you buff your team’s damage while healing? condi, preferably… se-settlers? /shudder

I guess you and that blade guy posting here share something in common shudder. I did post that we decided to use oldschool builds and setups for this run without elite specs.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

I guess you and that blade guy posting here share something in common shudder. I did post that we decided to use oldschool builds and setups for this run without elite specs.

You posted a video in a subforum where pve elitist reign supreme. That video displayed very non-elitist and arguably terrible-as-kitten gameplay. Of course you’ll be met with appropriate responses. What else did you expect… /facepalm

Posted by: OJM.5103

OJM.5103

seeing this makes me really happy raids have oneshot mechanics and enrage timers

[GAMW]

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

You just have to be ready for any kinds of responses, critics included, when you publicly expose yourself to dozens/hundreds of players that can do the same thing much better.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

+1

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Holy kitten, you took an hour on 100.

Anyways, yeah the last fight was pretty difficult…to stay awake. I did it in a LFG PUG 4-man because no 5th on LFG was interested in coming to a scary Mai 100.

Didn’t know what to expect so I kept 3 Phantasmal Defenders up and spammed AoE Mantra heals for everyone. We were able to face tank her and the Mistlock the entire fight—full zerk. Poor boss mechanics/dps = no feeling of accomplishment. Tell someone you beat Mai100 and they grats you for staying awake, not for the success.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I see you display same skill level of spamming staff water aa no matter what just as you did in vids you used for recruitment to your fractal run guild few months ago. nice utilities, perfect for healing others.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

I see you display same skill level of spamming staff water aa no matter what just as you did in vids you used for recruitment to your fractal run guild few months ago. nice utilities, perfect for healing others.

And your point? It took us around 44 mins to do FoTM 100 mai this way with this simple setup that requires very little effort, yet yeilds the same rewards.(There was around 15 Mins of AFK-Time in this vid and some post-run stuff making it 1h long). Do you honestly expect people to run around dodging everything and using every single skill on our bars and freak out? You’ve got to be kidding.
Fractals was never a challenge in the first place, the Pre-HoT 50 was a joke. Consistent 20-28 min runs with this setup, granted no dual guardians and heal ele ONLY* used on Mai Trin.
This video was made with a standard Zerk team setup on a FoTM 100 with mob toughness and HP heavily scaled. Running a DPS Condi team would’ve yielded 25-35 mins easily had we ran a different setup.

(edited by ThyShadowPaladin.9521)

bladex.9502

And your point? It took us around 44 mins to do FoTM 100 mai this way with this simple setup that requires very little effort, yet yeilds the same rewards.(There was around 15 Mins of AFK-Time in this vid and some post-run stuff making it 1h long). Do you honestly expect people to run around dodging everything and using every single skill on our bars and freak out? You’ve got to be kidding.
Fractals was never a challenge in the first place, the Pre-HoT 50 was a joke. Consistent 20-28 min runs with this setup, granted no dual guardians and heal ele ONLY* used on Mai Trin.
This video was made with a standard Zerk team setup on a FoTM 100 with mob toughness and HP heavily scaled. Running a DPS Condi team would’ve yielded 25-35 mins easily had we ran a different setup.

So if fractals were never a challenge and pre-HoT 50’s were a joke, then why do you need a tank guard and a healer ele for Mai Trin?
Sounds like it was pretty challenging for you

Posted by: Dante.1523

Dante.1523

But you didn’t upload a 25 minute run with condition damage builds you decided to upload a 44 minute run and that’s what you are gonna get feedback on.

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

brb *grabbing popcorn.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Why are people talking about his playstyle and not the fractal 100 stage itself?

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Now I regret trying to be decent. I should’ve just gnawed at his neck and at least get some fun out of it… /sigh
Then again, what can you say other than

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Why are people talking about his playstyle and not the fractal 100 stage itself?

Because some people are elitists and want to show off how much better they would perform than OP.

And ofc, for these people it’s clear that fractals are too easy anyway, so no need to further talk about that.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I would have watched this but I’m not spending an hour watching a renowned heart reward jiggle.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

There was actually one point in the video where OP swapped to air attunement.

https://youtu.be/0anv1XswfIc?t=8m15s

Then back to water for the next 42 minutes.

https://youtu.be/0anv1XswfIc?t=20m35s

Well, congrats. I guess you’ve just proven the extent of which this game has to offer.

Posted by: senna.9250

senna.9250

Now i remeber why i’m taking a break from guild wars. Thanks for remember me.

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

There was actually one point in the video where OP swapped to air attunement.

https://youtu.be/0anv1XswfIc?t=8m15s

Then back to water for the next 42 minutes.

https://youtu.be/0anv1XswfIc?t=20m35s

Well, congrats. I guess you’ve just proven the extent of which this game has to offer.

Ooh nice catch, I should’ve stayed on water.

On another note:
Other teams can choose to engage bosses w/e way they want. Whether it’s running around kiting bosses and spamming skills to evading stuff and throwing reflects to give them the feeling like they actually do something and feel “Elite” cause other people can’t do such simple stuff?

But for us, we prefer to just facetank stuff and kill it. Most runs I get to read manga on half my screen or watch youtube vid’s of cats so I’m happy.

Same results, time difference between the two playstyles is barely recognizable.

bladex.9502

time difference between the two playstyles is barely recognizable.

Top kek

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Because some people are elitists and want to show off how much better they would perform than OP.

And ofc, for these people it’s clear that fractals are too easy anyway, so no need to further talk about that.

And some people also had the chance to get OP’s “you don’t know anything” response not only in this thread but even previously.

Having a support/healing build doesn’t mean the person should go afk with autoattack on.

Do you honestly expect people to run around dodging everything and using every single skill on our bars and freak out? You’ve got to be kidding.

I do expect people to do their part, what is wrong with that?

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Good job guys!
I’m so glad this proves the SCRUB BERSERKERS are wrong and meta is not the only way to go.

Adapting to your situation is!

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

I knew the thread was worth the click =DD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

I’m expecting a [Wolf] Raid vid within this upcoming week.