What you're saying when you make an lfg.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

When you say no noobs, what you’re really saying and expressing to the community is that you are indeed a noob and in need of a good carrying.

Saying anyone welcome says you’re confident in your skills and have faith that anyone can be a good player if given the chance to learn and excel.

If someone straight up says it’s their first time doing a dungeon it means that they know they aren’t going to be amazing but they are willing to listen and learn. If you’re willing to be patient with me you might get a gem in the future, but for right now I’m a clump of coal waiting to be molded.

Saying zerker warrior only, link all gear, blah blah blah means, “This is my first character, I have no idea what other classes are or what they can do but they aren’t as good as me. I am da best and you all suck. Profanity. You’re all dumb cause you’re not my class with my build. I am the king of the universe.”

When I’m in a pt with 2 rangers and a necro I usually dread what’s going to come next but that doesn’t mean I’m going to leave the pt or kick anybody. Give those guys a chance, there might be a reason those guys are on those classes. They might know something you don’t and make something go super easy. This isn’t guaranteed for sure but everyone deserves a chance to proves themselves. Don’t judge it before you see it in action.

Sorry if some of you guys didn’t like what I had to say but please keep in mind I’m not saying anything against you, I’m just letting you know what king of message your post is giving to other players.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

(edited by randomfightfan.4091)

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

As far as PUG is of concern, anything goes.

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Yet another one of these, it comes down to personal preference. I do cof p1 farm maybe once every couple weeks, but when i do i want 4 good zerkers and a good mes. When i make a group for a dungeon that i want to speed threw, i put “no rangers, be experienced please” because i don’t want to play with someone who is going to slow down the run.

I enjoy playing with people of the same skill level, you obviously don’t. Two different people with two different outlooks on the situation. But for you to come say people who post no noob are in fact noobs it makes you look dumb. Not everyone is going to think the way you think, not everyone is going to play the way you want to play. So get over it, stop these dumb kittening posts and don’t join their kittening group, just ignore it and move on.

You kinda contradicted yourself in this post. You said it yourself, when your in a party with 2 rangers and a necro you dread whats coming next, you don’t mind dealing with it but others do mind and don’t want to waste their time. So just let it be, do your own groups and stop making random posts about bullkitten thats just gonna start an argument over and online game thats not real life !

[Ark]Noober

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

What a crock.

I run CoE a lot and most of those runs had first timers in them and I got sick of it. I got sick of explaining every boss fight. I got sick of telling somebody to run left through a door only to have them aggro a champion. I got sick of explaining how to dodge only to see repeated failure entice group members to get themselves killed reviving on Alpha. I got sick of people not being able to hit a button at the same time even after explaining it to them.

So yeah, I look for experienced players only. Want to know the best part? Even though I post “be experienced” in lfg I still get first timers who haven’t got a clue.

randomfightfan.4091

lol at you guys. Didn’t call anybody out, just told you what you’re telling the community with your msgs. If you don’t like how it sounds, then simply reword your lfg

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

If i see “no noobs” or “skilled players only 5k+ achie” I just smile and ignore those authors looking for others. Most of them don’t know what ‘noob’ means… but on the other hand if someone write’s down “experinced players only” or similar “prefer experienced players” I rather choose those firstly.

Really does a player who has 5k+ achie is skilled ? bzzzzzz WRONG! I played with ~5k and over 5k achie players who (I’ll say it directly) suck with their class… and I played with 2-3k players who knew how to behave in hard situations. Skill is never something You can measure with numbers – never…

Yet I understand OnionXI some of us have limited time and don’t want to spend hours of explaining the same thing over and over and over… sometimes I also want to do a dungeon with a competent group who has experience and don’t die from stupid mistakes or just don’t wan’t to confer it’s their first time, they rather keep it secret and think “maybe I’ll somehow do it without them notice” bzzzzzz WRONG! We always notice that You are first time or without any experience, why keeping it a secret and taking other players precious time ? Those are just being selfish and ignorant. I rather take 1-2 players who are new but admit they are new than go with a group in wich appears 3 players are new but no one say a word, they rather wipe us 10 times before confer – GENIUS!

Many peaple still thinks that other classes then Warrior/Guardian/Mesmer cannot (They think other classes are just for pvp only and in pve they don’t exist!) finish any dungeon. But that’s how the community of every MMO is providing with false information wich other just take as their own without doing any research – lazy… I did CoF 3 with Necro (me) and 4 thiefs… is was a nice run – yet still most of community will say it’s “impossibru!”.

cheers.

randomfightfan.4091

If i see “no noobs” or “skilled players only 5k+ achie” I just smile and ignore those authors looking for others. Most of them don’t know what ‘noob’ means… but on the other hand if someone write’s down “experinced players only” or similar “prefer experienced players” I rather choose those firstly.

EXACTLY! It’s all in the wording but still people will just rage at a topic like this instead of trying to change what they’re doing wrong and become more sociable.

Also, fun fact. 2 months into this game, many people were 100% CONVINCED that mesmers were the worst class in pve (especially dungeons) and had no place here. Then a few good mesmers started poping up, builds came out that showed just how strong the class can be, and now it’s in the top 3 classes for pve.

If people remained as close minded to them as they are now, dungeons would only be guardian/warrior (only 1 cause you only need 1 support!), ele and engis. The fact is, the game has been out long enough that there are going to be good players in every profession so now every profession is viable as long as it’s player by someone who actually spent time with the class.

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Post I make:

lfm Arah path 3. Arah noobs only. Join if you are a poor sap that wants to learn the run. Need full exotic set + ranged weapon no mf. I have done arah a lot and will get you through it.

Post I look for to join:

lf1m at lupicus path 3. experienced only

My back hurts more from the post I join than the post I make.

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

lol at you guys. Didn’t call anybody out, just told you what you’re telling the community with your msgs. If you don’t like how it sounds, then simply reword your lfg

I put up a post today that said “level 10 daily ping 2 infused rings + infused back piece for invite” it was one of the best 10 daily groups i’ve been in in a long time. Now im not saying you need 30 ar for lvl 10 daily, i didn’t use 30 i used 15 but i wanted to know that the people im playing with went threw enough fractals to have them, i didn’t care if they used them or not. I think i was around 30 when i got my 2 rings and back piece.

As soon as i put this up though two people like yourself started raging calling me a noob because i thought people needed 30 AR for lvl 10 frac’s. This was not the case at all but some people take this kitten so seriously like it is real life… like yourself. People want to play with their own skill level, if you don’t thats ok. Just leave it be and quit crying over it. THIS IS A GAME, THIS IS NOT REAL, PLAY HOW YOU WANT TO PLAY AND DON’T BOTHER WITH PEOPLE WHO DON’T WANT TO PLAY YOUR WAY.

Im sure the people (like myself) who make the posts asking for experienced players only and stuff like that don’t give a kitten about what you do, so stop giving a kitten about what they do and move on with your life.

[Ark]Noober

mosspit.8936

Meh I rather lfg stay the same since it gives an idea of what kind of party it will turn out to be. And what I will avoid.

randomfightfan.4091

I put up a post today that said “level 10 daily ping 2 infused rings + infused back piece for invite” it was one of the best 10 daily groups i’ve been in in a long time. Now im not saying you need 30 ar for lvl 10 daily, i didn’t use 30 i used 15 but i wanted to know that the people im playing with went threw enough fractals to have them, i didn’t care if they used them or not. I think i was around 30 when i got my 2 rings and back piece.

As soon as i put this up though two people like yourself started raging calling me a noob because i thought people needed 30 AR for lvl 10 frac’s. This was not the case at all but some people take this kitten so seriously like it is real life… like yourself. People want to play with their own skill level, if you don’t thats ok. Just leave it be and quit crying over it. THIS IS A GAME, THIS IS NOT REAL, PLAY HOW YOU WANT TO PLAY AND DON’T BOTHER WITH PEOPLE WHO DON’T WANT TO PLAY YOUR WAY.

Im sure the people (like myself) who make the posts asking for experienced players only and stuff like that don’t give a kitten about what you do, so stop giving a kitten about what they do and move on with your life.

The rage flows strongly through this one. I personally don’t care, made this post to help people like you out. Also, the posts you make do upset people because you playing “you’re way” is trolling other people who have done nothing to you.

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

I don’t get it!

A lot of this seems biased and not based on actual gameplay (or based on specific experiences).

Now I don’t join cof speed run parties because I find gold to be almost pointless (before ascended gear ruined everything) and they aren’t fun. Everybody is uptight and boring. Although I don’t care what level, or class others are because I’m usually able to have fun just playing the game (and rarely ever fail a dungeon—it never happens). Speed (edit) doesn’t matter to me (opinion).

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

If I get this right… You compere Your

“level 10 daily ping 2 infused rings + infused back piece for invite”
with
“no noobs”

Than You got it all wrong…
Those who call You a noob don’t know what noob means, rather than be mad about it why don’t You ignore them You found (or will found) Your party so what’s the problem ? If a random person told You tommorow a meteor will fly over Your house will You take it serioussly ? I doubt it. Same goes for those players calling someone a noob becouse he want’s to form his party on his rules.

If someone’s posting “zerker only ping all Your gear, and all Your alt’s gear do /dance combo field and link the picture of the mouse You are playing – must be Logitech – or no inv” well it’s their choise and eventually they will find the team (but I don’t think so ^^) but I personally avoid such party leaders becouse their mids are often closed, their are blind, and they know better how to play Your class than any of us do (and by often I don’t mean all).

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I just say LFG (insert Dungeon) or if I am with a couple guildies LFxM We don’t care who or what you are cuz we rule.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: Aank.4837

Aank.4837

@randomfightfan
Good post! I’d run dungeons with you any day.

Not sure that it automatically means this every time, but I see where you’re coming from. I usually avoid people that use the term “noob” altogether, in a lfg post or just regular chat. It’s always been, in my experience, a poor show of character and I am most likely better off never having to rely on them to do their part in any kind of team situation.

If I see a lfg post asking for specifics, that’s fine. I don’t usually bother with those groups either (they seem to be in too much of a hurry) but at least I’m thinking “ok, they just want that kind of a setup.” and not “ok, that guy’s kind of an idiot.”

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Honestly, I find a lot of “Experienced Players Only” postings on GW2LFG kind of funny.

Sometimes, I’ll join one of these groups just to see how they flow and 75% of the time, they seem to attract the kind of party members who possess the opposite characteristics. Maybe some of them are genuinely new to the dungeon, but I wonder if some just pretend to be bad in an attempt to troll the party leader?

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

I never join parties that have stuff like “NO NOOBS” (why is it always in caps?)
But if they’re asking for experienced people only for some of the harder dungeons I don’t have a problem with that,not everyone wants to help people all the time.

Posted by: novalee marie.2458

novalee marie.2458

I often laugh at some of the comments I see on the GW2LFG site. Seriously, do they not understand how they come across. ah well, makes entertainment for me while I look for a group.
My normal go to post that I make is
LF#M (insert path, etc here) Experience preferred, but not required.

Pinnacle of Responsibility [Mom]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Sativo.9754

Sativo.9754

LF4M Wars – Full berzerker’s armor ONLY with ruby orb/ascended back/rings/amulet with GS + AXE/MACE 30 25 0 0 15 SIGIL OF FORCE IN GS + AXE AND BATTLE IN MACE. R30+ spvp with at least 1 legendary OR KICK – For cof p1 single run.

Posted by: novalee marie.2458

novalee marie.2458

sad thing is, I could totally see that. Uggggghhh

Pinnacle of Responsibility [Mom]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I think having restrictions is a bit different from fumbling the PR ball as badly as most people in that kind of demographic tend to.

That’s not to say, ‘newbies welcome’ doesn’t naturally come across far better than ‘please be familiar with the content’. It does. But that doesn’t mean anywhichway you could phrase the former is necessarily doomed to come across as the worst of all possible elitist slogs.

Where people are really shooting themselves in the foot is all the other stuff they put in there. Making sure to highlight the threat of kicking as though you had a particular gusto for it, using namecalling in lieu of simply describing inexperience, and writing in capital letters hollering aggressively at the reader.

My god, people.
You could be talking about adopting puppies and you’d still sound like a cretin.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

“ping your aquatic breather”

Never fails.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

No noobs means that the players must be experienced in playing their class AND the dungeon. I usually just say I want experienced players rather than say no noobs. Aside from lack of experience, low leveled players cause groups to fail more often than anything else. EVERY group that I have been in where there has been two or more low leveled players, it always has failed.

I just got out of a group for AC Path 1 which failed over eight times on the mounds. There was not enough damage to destroy the mounds before the guardian was overrun by gravelings and couldn’t protect Hodges. We had a lv35 ranger and something like a lv45 mesmer. They constantly died and most likely did minimal damage.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

LF guardian mesmer warrior ranger. 3kpts+

randomfightfan.4091

No noobs means that the players must be experienced in playing their class AND the dungeon. I usually just say I want experienced players rather than say no noobs. Aside from lack of experience, low leveled players cause groups to fail more often than anything else. EVERY group that I have been in where there has been two or more low leveled players, it always has failed.

I just got out of a group for AC Path 1 which failed over eight times on the mounds. There was not enough damage to destroy the mounds before the guardian was overrun by gravelings and couldn’t protect Hodges. We had a lv35 ranger and something like a lv45 mesmer. They constantly died and most likely did minimal damage.

then just ask for experienced players who have raw dps. It’s all in the wording

Posted by: Serephen.3420

Serephen.3420

And thus comes the advantage of a solid friends list and a good guild

Never have to pug again.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Part of the problem is that many bosses have mechanics/fights that punish players who dont already know how to do them.

No one explains how to fight the jellyfish in fractals. But if you’re fighting him in melee you’re either inexperienced, or a kitten. Either way you’re slowing the team down in ways that people dont enjoy.

The same is true for something like Arah. I’ve never seen anyone explain how to do the path 3 final boss, but if you had never fought it before you’d be tempted to attack the wraiths (which is bad). Asking for experienced players is (usually) a good way to avoid issues like these.

The system wouldnt be in place if it didnt work btw. Trying to tell people that they’ll have an easier time/look better if they take newer players is silly. You’re not going to change general opinion, because we have years and years of MMO experience and know for a fact that you’re wrong in the general case.

randomfightfan.4091

Part of the problem is that many bosses have mechanics/fights that punish players who dont already know how to do them.

No one explains how to fight the jellyfish in fractals. But if you’re fighting him in melee you’re either inexperienced, or a kitten. Either way you’re slowing the team down in ways that people dont enjoy.

Usually true. Only time it’s not true is when you’re a thief and you’re holding him inside a lantern. Spam dat 5 and you just became the greatest tank/highest dmg dealer in the game by a long shot.

The same is true for something like Arah. I’ve never seen anyone explain how to do the path 3 final boss, but if you had never fought it before you’d be tempted to attack the wraiths (which is bad). Asking for experienced players is (usually) a good way to avoid issues like these.

Every time I do this with someone I don’t know I give the quick overview of X and I will kite, you 3 stay in a circle solo and don’t attack anything. Stay in back so you don’t eat poison dmg.

Some people still think that they’re better than my advice and so we res them after we finish the ritual and finish the dungeon. Also, since I play thief, I tend to shadow refuge those kinds of people after I feel they learnt to listen to solid advice. If they do the same crap again we leave them dead.

Nothing wrong with a player who doesn’t know what they’re doing. What’s bad is a player who refuses to learn from their own mistakes.

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

I don’t care who I play with. Most of the time the runs are pretty smooth, sometimes they aren’t.

Like this, we were doing a couple of AC runs with the guild but we were missing one player, so we took a random. He was precisely lvl 35 Thief, who had just done story. Don’t remember his name, so let’s call him “Steve”.

So we got to the burrow part, where you have to defend Hodgins and destroy the burrows. I am a Guardian, so there I was aggroing the lizards and then I saw Steve run there and help me and I was like “STEVE, WATCH OUT!” Next he was bouncing around and died lol, it was so funny, I laughed so hard. He also had some trouble running past the lizards near the end, but he made it. Died during the first minute in the final boss, was revived when we won and had no shirt on.

Then I told him “Steve, we made it to the end!” and he was so happy.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Usually true. Only time it’s not true is when you’re a thief and you’re holding him inside a lantern. Spam dat 5 and you just became the greatest tank/highest dmg dealer in the game by a long shot.

Every time I do this with someone I don’t know I give the quick overview of X and I will kite, you 3 stay in a circle solo and don’t attack anything. Stay in back so you don’t eat poison dmg.

Some people still think that they’re better than my advice and so we res them after we finish the ritual and finish the dungeon. Also, since I play thief, I tend to shadow refuge those kinds of people after I feel they learnt to listen to solid advice. If they do the same crap again we leave them dead.

Nothing wrong with a player who doesn’t know what they’re doing. What’s bad is a player who refuses to learn from their own mistakes.

Sadly the people who melee the jellyfish are usually not thieves, and arent doing it when he’s in the lightning

as for newer players yes. I often find myself giving quick tips/strategies for bosses when we go to fight them. My guild leader used to make fun of me over vent when i’d do it to pugs in our CoF runs, he’d say in vent what I was about to type before I typed it. (This was back before CoF path 1 got super famous for being easy)

And yes, I agree that a new player who isnt afraid to listen is just fine. I just dont like it when people disregard advice of someone who clearly knows what they’re talking about. Back when I played GW1 and was first getting into doing the realm of torment, you can bet your kitten I was following the calls of the guy with two tormented weapons. Sadly this mindset doesnt always exist :<

randomfightfan.4091

I don’t care who I play with. Most of the time the runs are pretty smooth, sometimes they aren’t.

Like this, we were doing a couple of AC runs with the guild but we were missing one player, so we took a random. He was precisely lvl 35 Thief, who had just done story. Don’t remember his name, so let’s call him “Steve”.

So we got to the burrow part, where you have to defend Hodgins and destroy the burrows. I am a Guardian, so there I was aggroing the lizards and then I saw Steve run there and help me and I was like “STEVE, WATCH OUT!” Next he was bouncing around and died lol, it was so funny, I laughed so hard. He also had some trouble running past the lizards near the end, but he made it. Died during the first minute in the final boss, was revived when we won and had no shirt on.

Then I told him “Steve, we made it to the end!” and he was so happy.

LOL! Reminds me of my first ac run. Died to kholer probably 5-6 times with people trying to keep me alive. It wasn’t until about the 10th pull that I realized you could dodge it. Being full dead and having time to be a spectator (before I would decide to res back, back when res rushing was solid play) sure taught me a lot.

I haven’t done cm since back when I was a noob too… wonder if it’s as hard as I remember.

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

To be honest, I don’t understand why people come to a dungeon if they are completely new to it and have no idea how to behave in there. There are plenty of videos on Youtube that explain every detail of every dungeon in this game, for every profession. Some do it as quickly as ten minutes per path. Watching such a video, even a single time, will save a lot of your and your teammates time and frustration. And if you are a smart fast learner, watching the tactics and then doing them once or twice will let you consider yourself experienced when browsing lfg.

Has the “casualness” of this game gone so far that people really expect to jump into a new dungeon and finish it without any troubles?

tl;dr – Before you go to a new dungeon, make some effort and at least watch the tactics on YT. Unless you are selfish and just want to be carried by your teammates.

Posted by: Kozai.8269

Kozai.8269

tl;dr – Before you go to a new dungeon, make some effort and at least watch the tactics on YT.

I didn’t actually find the video guides to be all that helpful, at least the ones from forum links, as some of the encounters that were narrated as “just beat the boss down, he is easy” were killing groups I was in. Perhaps there were subtleties to timing of when the narrator dodged vs. when a boss animation happened, but if so I was missing them. A friend and I were also watching them and marveling at how much damage the narrator was doing, and how much of a beating from mobs he could ignore, so I think there are also build/gear/power/teammate boon contributions which are not obvious.

Personally, the couple of times I have posted to lfg I try to give as much detail as I can reasonably can because I’d rather have nobody interested than have someone join then quit because the run wasn’t what he expected.

When I look for a posting to join, I avoid anything asking for “experienced” because I know I don’t qualify. I’d rather wait, or not do a dungeon that day, than join and get kicked part way through for lying, I’m sure an experienced person can tell that I’m not experienced. I also always mention right after joining what my level of experience is for that dungeon (low to none, depending) because if I AM going to get kicked, or even asked to leave, I’d rather not do it half way through.

My only real disappointment team-wise from lfg so far was a level 25 wanting to lead an AC Explorable to level his character. Fortunately he quit (and fortunately wasn’t the first one in) about a third of the way through after multiple deaths, and I was able to invite a guild mate and we finished.

randomfightfan.4091

kozai
Probably the reason for this is because most of those videos are from the pov of warriors or guardians. If you’re not on one of those 2 classes you will generally have to dodge more. Doesn’t mean other classes are inferior, just means you might need to get used to the dodge key to maximize your own potential.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

In this thread: Stereotypes of people based upon the stereotyping they do.

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

Actually, when you say no noobs, you’re saying that your time is more important to you and your teammates than the noob’s learning experience. I dunno about you guys, but dungeons have devolved into a “get as much gold/tokens as possible in a short period of time” gaming style. Noobs are counter-productive.

Having to stop DPS’ing to revive someone who isn’t experienced enough to get out of massive AoE circles gets old. Watching them run from enemies once they take aggro and wind up kiting the mob out of your combos gets old. Waiting for them to catch up to your group as you quickly wind your way through the dungeons gets old.

It’s got nothing to do with getting carried, and mostly to do with how much time you want to spend. Some days, when I’m feeling in a particularly generous mood, I’ll specifically join <80 groups to teach them, but most of the time, I just want fast cash.

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

I’ve done most dungeons (story and exp) already, but when I started, I always whispered people to know if they could bear with a new runner. That worked out pretty well, I just grouped up with people willing to teach you everything.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

What about the simple “LFXM [insert Instance]” ?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

What a crock.

I run CoE a lot and most of those runs had first timers in them

Just like the people who taught you were no doubt sick of you. Oh, that’s right, you always knew how to play this game. It’s in your blood. You were born to play GW2, run CoE1, and everyone else was given that same option in the womb too, but they chose to be good at other things, those rapscallions. Yeah, I can see where you’re coming from, forget I said anything.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Actually the players you guys should worry in lfg are "moronic experienced’ and “moronic inexperienced” players. You know what is the common denomination of these 2 type of players? Moronic.
The “moronic experienced” are the stereotype players seeing the game the way they played and trained to play it. They couldn’t cope with any deviation from their game, hence rage quit & lousy attitude. Most of them couldn’t handle hard contents with either by themselves or with a couple more players and that’s why they need pug. By this definition, they aren’t very good players. Legendary weapons, commander tag, 3000+ achievement notwithstanding.
The “moronic in-experienced” are the dumbest, butt head everything brute fort. They typically know couple skills inadequately, not waiting for instructions when knowing nothing about the content, dying within the 1st 15 sec when the battle starts (repetitively) and making the game play so intolerable to even the most considerate players of this community. If they ever passed this inexperienced stage, there is a very high chance (like 90% give and take some) they will grow up to be the “moronic experienced” players.
And there are always someone in between. Without the moronic part, of course.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: Aliatis.7836

Aliatis.7836

I like first timers, and I like teaching since I’m a really patient person. I’ve never written “80s only”, “experienced only”, “gear check” and bullkittens like these.

Today something’s changed.

From now on I will always write: “experienced only” (lvl doesn’t really matter). Let me explain why.

This morning I ran my daily AC, all paths, with my leveling-since-40-lvl mesmer (which is now 62 ~ AC exp only). As usually I’ve picked up anyone. All three kitten paths were a nightmare, really.
I can stand first timers, I can stand low levels. I CAN’T stand players who pretend to be experienced, who not say if it’s their first time, who don’t read the kitteng chat, who don’t know at lvl 80 their skills and their class.

Scenario1:
LvL 80 Thief who dies repeatedly while running through gravelings to reach final boss chamber.
My mesmer: “I’ll come with you (since I don’t understand how a thief can’t do this), use Shadow Step and pre-cast Shadow Refuge”.
LvL 80 Thief casts Shadow Refuge and go through it without waiting that circle disappears.
Lol’ed. I explain how SR actually works, no problem. He finally reaches the boss chamber.
My mesmer: “You’ve learned something new
LvL 80 Thief: “Don’t be a jerk!”

Gone mad… By the way I didn’t rage-quit (never rage-quit in my life), and after something like 5 Howling King wipes, we did it ^-^

Scenario2:

LvL 80 War with both Ascalonian weapons (GS and LB) standing alone in front of Spider Queen and dying as hell in the poison circle ‘cause he wasn’t reading the chat.
I wondered how a player can’t see the situation around him: you don’t read the chat, “ok”, but aren’t you looking at the monitor either?

Conclusion:

Being experienced matters. I’m not acting like a god or something like that, but I’m a good “first timer” in dungeon to play with (I’ve done all my first Arah paths without wiping a single time) because:

• I read the chat;
  • I know my class and my skills;
  • I don’t pretend to be experienced and I ask every single thing I don’t understand;
  • I know that I have to change utilities and traits to play best in every situation;
  • I can understand and write in an international language.
Desolation – still [GoD] in the spirit

Posted by: Yasha.6105

Yasha.6105

Actually the players you guys should worry in lfg are "moronic experienced’ and “moronic inexperienced” players. You know what is the common denomination of these 2 type of players? Moronic.
The “moronic experienced” are the stereotype players seeing the game the way they played and trained to play it. They couldn’t cope with any deviation from their game, hence rage quit & lousy attitude. Most of them couldn’t handle hard contents with either by themselves or with a couple more players and that’s why they need pug. By this definition, they aren’t very good players. Legendary weapons, commander tag, 3000+ achievement notwithstanding.
The “moronic in-experienced” are the dumbest, butt head everything brute fort. They typically know couple skills inadequately, not waiting for instructions when knowing nothing about the content, dying within the 1st 15 sec when the battle starts (repetitively) and making the game play so intolerable to even the most considerate players of this community. If they ever passed this inexperienced stage, there is a very high chance (like 90% give and take some) they will grow up to be the “moronic experienced” players.

LOL, great post chef!

mosspit.8936

Such an entertaining post And incidentally true as well imo

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

What a crock.

I run CoE a lot and most of those runs had first timers in them

Just like the people who taught you were no doubt sick of you. Oh, that’s right, you always knew how to play this game. It’s in your blood. You were born to play GW2, run CoE1, and everyone else was given that same option in the womb too, but they chose to be good at other things, those rapscallions. Yeah, I can see where you’re coming from, forget I said anything.

Straw man. My desire to play with people who already know the dungeon doesn’t mean I expect everybody to know everything right off the bat. My post had the theme of “I got sick of” which means I did all those things many times and I still do those things since people don’t have the courtesy to not join a group looking for experienced players or at least vocalize that they don’t know what to do. Usually you only find out after they’ve dragged an abomination onto the group or mess up a 1-4.

Also, I ran CoE and other dungeons when the game first came out. They were very different experiences back then and nobody in my groups knew what to do. Besides that, we weren’t looking to run the dungeons as quickly or efficiently as possible. When I do a dungeon path I’ve never been to before I always tell my group and I’m more cautious in my play. I don’t run ahead into rooms for example.

I’m not sure why you seem so outraged that I wouldn’t want to tutor people in every group if I can help it. People have all sorts of standards for groups in every game and I haven’t always fit the mold, but nobody is entitled to any group. I don’t have standards for classes, just experience, and it’s not like I can even enforce that in groups anyway.

(edited by OnionXI.6735)

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

As a guy with a zerker warrior who knows many dungeons extremely well, I go out of my way to avoid the gw2lfg posts asking for PROS ONLY and NEED ZERKER WAR. They tend to be pretty unpleasant people and are often also terrible.

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

Saying zerker warrior only, link all gear, blah blah blah means, “This is my first character, I have no idea what other classes are or what they can do but they aren’t as good as me. I am da best and you all suck. Profanity. You’re all dumb cause you’re not my class with my build. I am the king of the universe.”

Weird, i thought that meant zerker warrior, exo equipped.

Also, someone appears to be mad. Don’t like the lfg’s? don’t join them.
I got my good share of tank warriors running 5 signets and magic find gear looking for 4w/1m cof1 speedruns. Thank you very much, but not in my party please

(edited by Aegis.9724)

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

I did a FOTM Level 38 last night twice… both times Hillside was the second level and both times the NOOB’s in my group killed “everything” at the dual wrist chains and didn’t leave 1 or 2 alive on one side, ending the run.

THEY were told NOT to or its game over! many many times before hand. and OMG this is level 38 how did they get that far without knowing this.

Anyways i get someone join my level 38 group last week that was at level 1 and had never done a FOTM run ever we carried him for Swamp.. but after that we asked him to leave as he had Zero AR and its better for him to start at a lower level. noobs dont even know they are noobs!

randomfightfan.4091

I did a FOTM Level 38 last night twice… both times Hillside was the second level and both times the NOOB’s in my group killed “everything” at the dual wrist chains and didn’t leave 1 or 2 alive on one side, ending the run.

THEY were told NOT to or its game over! many many times before hand. and OMG this is level 38 how did they get that far without knowing this.

Anyways i get someone join my level 38 group last week that was at level 1 and had never done a FOTM run ever we carried him for Swamp.. but after that we asked him to leave as he had Zero AR and its better for him to start at a lower level. noobs dont even know they are noobs!

That’s a completely different situation. That’s either
1. Dumb people thinking they’re better than what they are, thus starting at pretty much the highest fractal lvl possible with 0 experience and 0 ar. Any smart player would have started out in the 1-9 or 10-19 lvls before jumping headlong in over their heads.

2. People who don’t know what they’re getting into since it’s their 1st time. They think lvl 38 means you need to be lvl 38 to enter. Don’t get these confused with people in the 1st class as these guys will actually understand that they need to go to a lower lvl and won’t rage at you when you explain the situation and ask them to leave. These are the same kinds of players that join arah for the 1st time without watching any vids or anything but have good experience in dungeons like ta, coe, hotw. Be patient with these guys because they just need to get over the learning curve and gear up before they will be assets to the team.

3. Trolls. Everybody hates these people. They join instances with the sole purpose of sabotaging the fun from the group. Kick and report these people.

4. People who think they are too good for your advice. Despite anything you tell them, they’ll take whatever you say as a challenge and go against all the advice. These people may be good solo players but are a detriment to the team. You may have to kick a few but be sure to try and make them see how royally they screwed something up before kicking them. They will keep making the same dumb decisions until they see their mistakes and start learning from them.

Lastly here’s some advice for cliffside if something happens on the arms.

Bring a thief.

The thief will be able to take the hammer to side B and swing without generating any agro from the mobs, get back, and help you keep your bunker safe. They deal heavy aoe dmg while you’re bunkering in the hallway as well so that always helps. Someone else does the side A swing (that one will die first cause you won’t let the mobs heal it). This is so the thief doesn’t generate too many of the debuff stacks, killing him or stunning him at a horrible time.

It doesn’t ruin the run but it does FOR SURE make it a pain. Worst group I’ve had to do it with was me as the tank (as a freaking berzerker thief), an engi, 2 eles (at first) and 2 necros (we had to kick one of the eles cause she was either category 3 or 4 and replaced her with a necro). Took almost an hour on that one alone but it is doable.