Whats going to happen to all those that have done Arah Speed Runs?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DominatorIV.2847

DominatorIV.2847

I have only done the speed run 4 times but I just wanna know what will happen to those that have used it excessively, will they get banned or what?

Posted by: Adzy.8370

Adzy.8370

did Anet finally fix it… for the second time?

Posted by: Machina.2489

Machina.2489

Wait its not ok to do 2 bosses and start over? … so confused here

Posted by: Vimes.2645

Vimes.2645

People were exploiting, i went in with a PUG that used a speed boost to jump/skip a part in the instance. It was clearly exploiting, i hope they get banned.

Posted by: LED Head.2439

LED Head.2439

Well maybe if the content offered was rewarding for taking the time to do the entire thing they would not resort to trying anything we could to the thing over with and repeat.

Posted by: Qtin.6940

Qtin.6940

Well maybe if the content offered was rewarding for taking the time to do the entire thing

This, and the fact that it takes literally 2 hours just to go through the trash mobs in Arah, and that some of the bosses need some tweaks, because getting one shot by something you cannot avoid is not hard or challenging, it’s just stupid.

Posted by: Adzy.8370

Adzy.8370

im aware of the “exploit” you are talking about. it almost seems as if it was intended.

Posted by: Brewbeer.8239

Brewbeer.8239

Well maybe if the content offered was rewarding for taking the time to do the entire thing

This, and the fact that it takes literally 2 hours just to go through the trash mobs in Arah, and that some of the bosses need some tweaks, because getting one shot by something you cannot avoid is not hard or challenging, it’s just stupid.

There is no boss in Arah that uses attacks you cannot avoid. I will assume you are speaking about Giganticus, since he’s the most common cause of oneshot attacks. To begin with, none of his attacks will oneshot a properly specced and geared character, you know, one of the things stated by Arenanet as needed for completing explorables. He WILL oneshot glass cannons, or if he got too many stacks, in which case you failed the fight anyway. He also telegraphs all of his attacks. The charge is obvious, the red circles are also obvious. His “autoattack” is not so obvious, but it can be spotted and avoided by someone skilled and used to the fight. It will also not deal enough damage to oneshot someone. Everything in the third phase is obvious.

Posted by: Sorry.6741

Sorry.6741

so this is why /map is often asking for “people who know the jumps”?
I was wondering about that.

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Haha, ‘i hope they get banned’, oh dear……

As long as im concerned there are jump puzzles on the game and that’s 1 of them.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

People were exploiting, i went in with a PUG that used a speed boost to jump/skip a part in the instance. It was clearly exploiting, i hope they get banned.

To be fair, they probably won’t get banned but yeah… they were sequence breaking the instance, by skipping content intended to be played through properly. It is an exploit, however, considering they probably won’t have data on who actually has been doing it they can’t do anything but fix it. They could look at average times between completing the dungeon, but this will not help if the group keeps restarting and is not exactly accurate anyways.. it is highly doubtful they track the paths you walked inside the instance after all.

If we look at past dev quotes, explorable modes (without many deaths, ie. near perfect runs) from an experienced group should take somewhere around the 1 hour mark, which actually does go hand in hand with their supposed DR timer (which doesn’t seem to be working tough).

So I guess in theory they could slap everyone who spent significantly less than 1 hour in the instance, but we all know they won’t do that.

Posted by: Chilsung.3710

Chilsung.3710

I wish Anet would post that exploiters would be banned before they fix it, even if they won’t actually ban anybody. I just want people to be scared enough to actually do the instance because as it is its impossible to find or form a group to actually do the dungeon legit.

??

Posted by: Quintal.6594

Quintal.6594

Once they fix the jumps, people will just shorten it and only fight the first boss before they reset. 4 tokens every 6-7 mins that way.

The root of the issue is that it’s not rewarding to do the entire dungeon. There needs to be something great coming from the end chests (and not just a few more tokens that more speed runs would give easier)

Crise.9401

Once they fix the jumps, people will just shorten it and only fight the first boss before they reset. 4 tokens every 6-7 mins that way.

The root of the issue is that it’s not rewarding to do the entire dungeon. There needs to be something great coming from the end chests (and not just a few more tokens that more speed runs would give easier)

Well, judging from the dungeon patch (buggy or not), the general direction seems to be heading the way of making speed running impossible. They could simply remove individual token rewards and just tally them at the end of the instance.

As long as the dungeon generates at least 40 tokens in an hour (+ bonuses), by your math, the overall income of tokens would not change. 1 hour seems to be their goal time for explorable dungeon run with a coordinated and experienced group anyways.

(edited by Crise.9401)

Posted by: Qtin.6940

Qtin.6940

I will assume you are speaking about Giganticus, since he’s the most common cause of oneshot attacks. To begin with, none of his attacks will oneshot a properly specced and geared character, you know, one of the things stated by Arenanet as needed for completing explorables.

Asking PUG to buy specific gear and going to respec for a single boss in a single instance. Way to go.

Posted by: Quintal.6594

Quintal.6594

Well, judging from the dungeon patch (buggy or not), the general direction seems to be heading the way of making speed running impossible. They could simply remove individual token rewards and just tally them at the end of the instance.

As long as the dungeon generates at least 40 tokens in an hour (+ bonuses), by your math, the overall income of tokens would not change. 1 hour seems to be their goal time for explorable dungeon run with a coordinated and experienced group anyways.

I’d be happy with this solution. I’d much rather run full dungeons and get a ton of tokens at the end chest, than have the current situation.

Posted by: Gies.3824

Gies.3824

Every time you jump that wall a kitten dies. Go play some console games with cheat codes if you want this instance gratification. Otherwise, sack up, have some freaking pride, and learn how to clear an instance.

Posted by: Xlore.9234

Xlore.9234

Every time you jump that wall a kitten dies. Go play some console games with cheat codes if you want this instance gratification. Otherwise, sack up, have some freaking pride, and learn how to clear an instance.

I like this guy.
Anet should just put cheat codes in this game, give everyone 1000g, and put exotics in every chest.
Because from the vibes I am getting from these forums that’s what everyone wants.

Posted by: Pandemonium.6453

Pandemonium.6453

I’ve never been to Arah but I dont see how jumping by normal means is “glitching”

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I can’t quote you but people are jumping over a structure to skip trash mobs and engage a boss

Posted by: Strife.4956

Strife.4956

I think its working as intended, its a jumping puzzle and if you found it then its free to use, your not physically exploiting anything in particular just taking a different path

GrimmWullf – 80 Warrior, DU
Arkktos – 80 Thief, DU
Down Under Guild – Stormbluff Isle

Crise.9401

I think its working as intended, its a jumping puzzle and if you found it then its free to use, your not physically exploiting anything in particular just taking a different path

That bit may be intentional, if all you are skipping is a pack of trash, but I bet you people running first 2 bosses and resetting the instance is not.

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

Crystin Cox had this to say on 13th June 2012:

“We are working on a a way for you to make the exact color of dye you want using the Mystic Forge. You will need to get a specific crafting material for each color but you will get the exact color you want.

We really don’t want dyes to be a Gem Store only feature, we understand that some people would be willing to pay more to get exact dyes or all the dyes but we want to keep some aspects of the dyes system in the game."

Still working on that Mystic Forge recipe there huh Crystin? Would love to see what mats I need to collect for Abyss. If I need 250 ectos and 9000 T6 mats for an ascended backpeice, I probably have to grind an entire mountain down to dust to collect those.

Maybe 4x Twilight in the Mystic Forge = Abyss?

Posted by: Negativity.5801

Negativity.5801

As I recall, the glitch for Arah is you run straight from entering the instance to the far wall just beyond where the spiders spawn from the ceiling.

You then do a series of jumps to scale the wall, you come into this little crevice which actually happens to be the big staircase that leads down to lupicus’ area. You can then blink through the stairs to the area, alternatively, mesmers can go through and teleport the whole party across it effectively skipping like 50-60% of the dungeon.

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

Well the thing is not everyone has like two hours to run a path through arah. That is assuming if u ran past trash mobs, etc.
If you have to fight every mob/enemy npc that you see imagine how long that would take. Try to fight every mob u encountered in path 4. See how long that will take.
And why waste two hrs to get the same reward if u can do it in 30 min? (especially if u have done it legit b4)

The only reason I see this thread is that everybody here has at least took the shortcut at least once in path 3 (or some other in another dungeon), and it is one of the most common. You don’t see ppl talking about the one in path 2….

Not in any way I support cheating, but it just sucks to run the full path every time that isn’t really rewarding.

(edited by Stridix.4260)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I will assume you are speaking about Giganticus, since he’s the most common cause of oneshot attacks. To begin with, none of his attacks will oneshot a properly specced and geared character, you know, one of the things stated by Arenanet as needed for completing explorables.

Asking PUG to buy specific gear and going to respec for a single boss in a single instance. Way to go.

Properly specced means toughness/vitality?

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

More like asking a PuG to know how to play the game.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/