When will raids stop getting support?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

ArenaNet stopped supporting Dungeons with new content 3 years ago.
ArenaNet stopped supporting Fractals with new content 2 years ago.
ArenaNet stopped supporting Guild Missions with new content 2 years ago.
ArenaNet stopped supporting Raids with new content.. starting Oct?

Ultimately I only bring this up because ArenaNet has a strong history of not supporting us with new content. I just wonder when this will happen for raids too, another aspect some of us will grow to love and it will then lose support. With that said, they are adding supposedly new world bosses that are challenging, so we got that going for us?

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

When they find that time invested in development of new raids does not involve enough players*hours running the raid treadmill.

If the raids generate enough new/returning players and can keep them involved over long enough stretch of time, we’ll see more. If not, we won’t.

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

Umm I don’t suppose we’re having a gathering to commemorate this special moment?

Posted by: Cameron Rich

Cameron Rich

Game Designer

Next

Ultimately I only bring this up because ArenaNet has a strong history of not supporting us with new content. I just wonder when this will happen for raids too, another aspect some of us will grow to love and it will then lose support. With that said, they are adding supposedly new world bosses that are challenging, so we got that going for us?

Fractals is getting a revamp and additional rewards (like the new weapon skins we announced) with the expansion. You can read more about this here:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-brand-new-fractals-of-the-mists-legendary-backpacks-ascended-salvaging-and-more/

Guild Missions, as we have announced this week, will be getting a lot of love so to align with the new guilds structure coming with Heart of Thorns. I’m personally very excited for this! There’s a blog post here with much more info:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-mission-changes-and-improvements/

We’re serious about delivering quality, challenging encounters with our raid content, and as Steven said in our announcement of Raids, we have 3 raid wings being developed, the first of which will become available shortly after HoT launch. These raids are going to be intense, and ask of players not just their time, but their skill.

Don’t just take my word for it, this weekend we’re allowing you to play our content as part of the Beta Weekend Event. We’ve spent a lot of time and poured a lot of love into this content, and simply cannot wait for players to get their hands on it.

(edited by Cameron Rich.3905)

Posted by: AllIsVain.6409

AllIsVain.6409

Love that that dungeons weren’t even acknowledged.

Lootballs – Elementalist

Posted by: Quin Marino.6384

Quin Marino.6384

Unwittingly, Cameron proved Kitty.1502’s point here. Robert Hrouda was similarly enthusiastic about trying to deliver the best dungeon experience possible a few years ago and now their existence doesn’t even get acknowledged. We, as players, don’t want this to happen to raids. His point is that we want them to grow and flourish, not be forgotten entirely like dungeons. It would be depressing to see the raid team disbanded not long after release, just like with the dungeon team.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Fractals is getting a revamp and additional rewards (like the new weapon skins we announced) with the expansion. You can read more about this here:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-brand-new-fractals-of-the-mists-legendary-backpacks-ascended-salvaging-and-more/

Guild Missions, as we have announced this week, will be getting a lot of love so to align with the new guilds structure coming with Heart of Thorns. I’m personally very excited for this! There’s a blog post here with much more info:

We’re serious about delivering quality, challenging encounters with our raid content, and as Steven said in our announcement of Raids, we have 3 raid wings being developed, the first of which will become available shortly after HoT launch. These raids are going to be intense, and ask of players not just their time, but their skill.

Don’t just take my word for it, this weekend we’re allowing you to play our content as part of the Beta Weekend Event. We’ve spent a lot of time and poured a lot of love into this content, and simply cannot wait for players to get their hands on it.

Good, now how about removing that 5 man buff limit cap so all classes can participate in raids as opposed to needing:

2 phalanx strength warriors (perma 25 might, 170 all stat banners),

2 persisting flames ele (perma fury, permanent fire field with lava font),

2 chronomancers (alacrity and quickness)

2 frost spirit/spotter rangers

2 Heralds (50% boon duration increase for protection, quickness, and might uptimes on your group).

That leaves reaper, scrapper, and daredevil out.

And you might want to start balancing the classes’ large utility/DPS disparity in PvE without the constant hamstring of PvP preventing any meaningful changes to this crap of “WARRIOR/ELE/ELE/GUARD/THIEF ONLY” that has been going for over 3 years.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Good, now how about removing that 5 man buff limit cap so all classes can participate in raids as opposed to needing:

2 phalanx strength warriors (perma 25 might, 170 all stat banners),

2 persisting flames ele (perma fury, permanent fire field with lava font),

2 chronomancers (alacrity and quickness)

2 frost spirit/spotter rangers

2 Heralds (50% boon duration increase for protection, quickness, and might uptimes on your group).

That leaves reaper, scrapper, and daredevil out.

And you might want to start balancing the classes’ large utility/DPS disparity in PvE without the constant hamstring of PvP preventing any meaningful changes to this crap of “WARRIOR/ELE/ELE/GUARD/THIEF ONLY” that has been going for over 3 years.

Balancing is an issue, a very tough one. I’m with you on being frustrated by PVP’s influence on PVE balance.

That said, we haven’t seen the raids. There is a plethora of situations where you may want something we simply don’t care about right now. Say they have an environmental mechanic where you need to turn off the poison field by interacting with a panel on the far side of the hallway. Well a daredevil may be the best bet being able to dodge his way through safely. Don’t discount the mobility aspect. Maybe we’ll be taking a ton of un-avoidable damage such that most people are tanking up or spending a lot of time coordinating heals, well the Reaper will be able to just beef up with his shroud and still pound out damage (basically describing a WvW type scenario here where this already applies).

We already know about breakbar and scrapper sounds like a beast in that regard, pop your lightning field, pop slick shoes, and use your hammer leap, or drop a shredder gyro. Plus Engi is the beastliest condi damage around which likely will be needed.

I don’t know, I just see the concern about balance to be a bit silly when we don’t even know the scenario. I’ll save my ranting for after I see what’s up.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Thanks for the post, Cameron! Hopefully we’ll be seeing a lot more of you in the coming months.

People are still really sad that dungeons have stopped being the way of instanced content in GW2, but I think once we see what raids have to offer we’ll be excited so long as they keep getting worked on! Looking forward to this weekend myself; I definitely want to give it a try.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

We’ve spent a lot of time and poured a lot of love into this content, and simply cannot wait for players to get their hands on it.

I believe this, and that’s why I’m giving HoT a shot. As others have mentioned, though, it’s hard to have faith that the content won’t be left to rot shortly after release. All the developer passion in the world won’t matter if the higher-ups decide to axe the content.

Please tell your bosses to take instanced PvE seriously this time around. I’d like to be able to tell friends that this game is worth getting invested in again.

Thanks for stopping by, Cameron, hopefully you’ll stick around a bit. It’d be great if a redpost here wasn’t such a rare occasion.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

The fact that fractals is getting revamped YET AGAIN is kind of the point. Back in the fractured patch the whole selling point was “this new system will allow for more frequent updates! Yes we are resetting your progress but it will enable us to give more content to you more often!” and then…here we are one year later. The fractal system is getting yet another face lift after a year of no new content.

That doesn’t mean the new content wont be good in and of itself, but it undermines the trust that future systems will be supported long term. I think the fear is — after this first raid, is anet going to abandon raids and then a year later develop yet another system? Dungeons were abandoned after one attempt at a revamp (AC) and one new dungeon path (aether), fractals updates have been in the form of total reworks spread a year+ apart.

So a new system is exciting, but in the context of that history there’s understandable concern.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Hah, what a joke. You won’t put even put out 1-2 wings per year before abandoning raids. Fractals will be even worse. We all know it, come on

Kitty.1502

While appreciate mechanic adjustments, that is not new content, that is mechanic changes. When will we get content?

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

Rising Dusk.2408

While appreciate mechanic adjustments, that is not new content, that is mechanic changes. When will we get content?

Raids are new content.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Kitty.1502

Raids are new content.

what about fractals? dungeons? guild missions?

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

Rising Dusk.2408

Probably later on once they’ve laid the ground work for it. Also, they’re not working on dungeons any more ever. Fractals are their supported 5-man instanced end-game content. I can’t speak for guild missions, so who knows about that one—I’m just glad they’re instanced now (challenge/puzzle).

Kitty.1502

Probably later on once they’ve laid the ground work for it. Also, they’re not working on dungeons any more ever. Fractals are their supported 5-man instanced end-game content. I can’t speak for guild missions, so who knows about that one—I’m just glad they’re instanced now (challenge/puzzle).

2 years for fractals… they aren’t working on it. It will be dead like dungeons. My point is this is what will happen to raids.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

dlonie.6547

Probably later on

…riiiiiiiiiight. Dunno about you, but I’m not holding my breath on that one.

Gah. They’ve dug themselves into such a deep hole. Everyone who hasn’t just stopped playing is bitter af. Glad to see another wave of token redposts…On the chance that this isn’t just a temporary, hollow gesture like the last few times we’ve seen this happen, it might just help them get out of that pit.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: Cameron Rich

Previous

Cameron Rich

Game Designer

Next

We’ve spent a lot of time and poured a lot of love into this content, and simply cannot wait for players to get their hands on it.

I believe this, and that’s why I’m giving HoT a shot. As others have mentioned, though, it’s hard to have faith that the content won’t be left to rot shortly after release. All the developer passion in the world won’t matter if the higher-ups decide to axe the content.

Please tell your bosses to take instanced PvE seriously this time around. I’d like to be able to tell friends that this game is worth getting invested in again.

Thanks for stopping by, Cameron, hopefully you’ll stick around a bit. It’d be great if a redpost here wasn’t such a rare occasion.

We’re definitely serious about raids. It’s something that players have wanted (including myself) for a long time, and we’re hoping to deliver a truly special experience.

I’m here to stay. Not leaving anytime… soon™.

dlonie.6547

We’re definitely serious about raids. It’s something that players have wanted (including myself) for a long time, and we’re hoping to deliver a truly special experience.

Glad to hear it. I hope they meet expectations — not just expectations of challenge, but of support and release frequency as well. Make them challenging, but keep ’em coming, too.

Well played :-P

tips hat

Posted by: Killer Instinct.2058

Killer Instinct.2058

Man, Hrouda must be turning in his virtual grave :^)

Kitty.1502

I really hope this is true. I love this game, and what ArenaNet has done, but lately it feels this isn’t.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Apparently no one paid attention to the TwitchCon stream on Saturday when Crystal talked about the Raid content and stated they were looking at POTENTIALLY making 3 – 6 wings per year(that doesn’t sound like abandoning Raids to me).

Kitty.1502

Apparently no one paid attention to the TwitchCon stream on Saturday when Crystal talked about the Raid content and stated they were looking at POTENTIALLY making 3 – 6 wings per year(that doesn’t sound like abandoning Raids to me).

They said this about dungeons, they said this about fractals, they said this about guild missions… Their body of work speaks volumes more than their words. In fact the only promise they’ve kept with in regards to group content is tough world bosses apparently there will be 4 new ones in HoT that are on the same quality of Teq or Triple Trouble.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

Posted by: Cross.6437

Cross.6437

And dungeons?

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

They’ll abandon raids as soon as some shiny new thing catches their eye. Or as soon as the effort to make content most of the playerbase is excluded from exceeds the returns. Either or, really.

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Unwittingly, Cameron proved Kitty.1502’s point here. Robert Hrouda was similarly enthusiastic about trying to deliver the best dungeon experience possible a few years ago and now their existence doesn’t even get acknowledged. We, as players, don’t want this to happen to raids. His point is that we want them to grow and flourish, not be forgotten entirely like dungeons. It would be depressing to see the raid team disbanded not long after release, just like with the dungeon team.

Well I’m glad that after 2 years, people still remember the saint that was Robert Hrouda (sp?). I knew many players that poured their hearts and souls into this game due to their love of what could have been the dungeons, but ultimately, got tired with the same old same old. It’s a shame nothing has changed in all this time.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Kitty.1502

Well I’m glad that after 2 years, people still remember the saint that was Robert Hrouda (sp?). I knew many players that poured their hearts and souls into this game due to their love of what could have been the dungeons, but ultimately, got tired with the same old same old. It’s a shame nothing has changed in all this time.

But you know they are changing fractals! you know instead of doing 4 fractals you can do just 1 fractal of the same fractals you’ve been doing for the past 2 years…. But just you wait, fractals are designed so it would be easy to add new content, just wait 2 more years and you will get a new fractal! Maybe potentially…. probably not….

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

Yes make us run less fractal content for more rewards! that will be a great way to keep us invested and pouring more time into the game! Excellent Idea! No one wanted new fractals anyway.

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

Yes make us run less fractal content for more rewards! that will be a great way to keep us invested and pouring more time into the game! Excellent Idea! No one wanted new fractals anyway.

For one I know from talking to some of the dev’s that they want to make more fractals but they aren’t always given the time to make them given the time they take to make, balance, & test.
As for the less time thing considering they haven’t said anything in a while about them for all we know they took the feed back played around with it and upped the number of fotm’s for the daily.
And complaining to the only dev around here, wont do much since all that does is make Cameron not want to come back.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Changing how we enter fractals or start guild missions are nice QOL improvements, but it is beginning to look more and more like no new fractals or pve guild missions will be coming with HOT – and that is very disappointing.

That means the OP is technically correct – it has been 2+ years without any real additions to those parts of the game – and now we will see an expansion with none as well.

The one thing I don’t want to see is end game become laser focused on raids, which by Anet’s own admission are only for a tiny percentage of the population.

We need some insight into what the development timeline for new guild missions and fractals looks like. That isn’t a lot to ask.

Please.

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

Changing how we enter fractals or start guild missions are nice QOL improvements, but it is beginning to look more and more like no new fractals or pve guild missions will be coming with HOT – and that is very disappointing.

That means the OP is technically correct – it has been 2+ years without any real additions to those parts of the game – and now we will see an expansion with none as well.

The one thing I don’t want to see is end game become laser focused on raids, which by Anet’s own admission are only for a tiny percentage of the population.

We need some insight into what the development timeline for new guild missions and fractals looks like. That isn’t a lot to ask.

Please.

Considering how much back lash comes out when they don’t manage to meet a guess, you can’t honestly say that it’s not a lot to ask.

Posted by: RDarken.2495

RDarken.2495

This thread….

ANet is far from perfect. GW2 is far from perfect. There is a lot I could say about ANet’s policies or history that isn’t exactly positive. But what I can say that’s positive is that they have made two games I have played the crap out of, probably more than I’ve played any other game. I expect the same is true of many of the folks replying to this thread. You wouldn’t be as salty if you weren’t invested in the game.

To the folks saying that ANet will drop raids in favor of whatever the next big thing is… Who can blame them? Just look at the responses in this thread alone and you can see why they might stop working on one part of the game to focus on something else or a new part of the game. Players are really quick to jump on them and get angry about what they did wrong or what they should be doing that they aren’t. Then they try to appease those players by making changes and other players get mad because they stopped supporting this or focused on that instead.

How about we see what raids are like before we get all angry about them?

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

holy tiny fluffy cat

random!

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

All I can say is it’s hard to feel optimistic at all tbh.

I don’t have any hype but I’ll play the content nonetheless.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

All I can say is it’s hard to feel optimistic at all tbh.

I don’t have any hype but I’ll play the content nonetheless.

Exactly, it’s hard to feel hyped when they’ve consistntly been a disappointment. They’ve set the groundwork for so much, but failed to meet the expectation.

Personally, i’m very apprehensive towards raids. I feel like what they’ve spoken of is contrary to the PVE design they’ve set up. I feel like it will focus on taking a lot of unavoidable damage, focusing on sustain, and quite frankly, kitten that, I’m not a fan. I love the fact that this game has a focus on perfection, I long for more difficult to achieve elements of that. But, I do not want the PVP style gameplay where you’re constantly healing damage that you can’t/shouldn’t try to avoid. I truly hope I’m wrong about my assumptions, but I can’t help but feel I’m correct. We’ll see this weekend. but I want the current PVE style but brought to the next level, faster more intense. I want Lupi without reflects to be a standard encounter.

I want beyond that. I want Lupi with other environmental mechanics requiring more intense positioning. I want something that’s doable in full zerker gear, but insane to pull off. I actually like that glass gear is a difficulty rating. I think it’s good design. Again we’ll see what they’er bringing but I’m quite fearful of what it is. If I’m right I’ll be quite disapointed, if I’m wrong I’ll be very happy. Hrouda made some great content, it’s been mastered though, I dont’ think he was on the wrong path, I think he nailed it quite well, but years of experience will lead to trivializing any content.

I’m kind of rambling but, god, I just want the second generation of Arah. I want something beyond, I love the playstyle, but it’s become a bit boring is all. I want something more. I don’t want healing build to become necessary, I want the perfection of glass gear to become harder.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They’ll abandon raids as soon as some shiny new thing catches their eye.

This. Dungeons, fractals, and guild missions are just the big examples. There are also lots smaller ones like the dungeon revamp that lasted all of one dungeon. They were also commited to bi-weekly living stories. Remember their big focus being on map-wide event chains and a world that changed dynamically depending on how those chains played out? Wasn’t the atlas a big reveal also? Whatever happened to that?

Extrapolating from past history, I’d say we see one single new raid about 5-6 months after HoT release, then maybe a mini-instance raid with just a couple bosses 5-6 months after that. Then the content will be abandoned. Two years after that, they’ll confirm what everyone already know, that raids are dead….

… but don’t worry, look at our shiny new project: the (FILL IN THE BLANK). It’ll be much better and we’re very excited to show it off. It’ll be great, we promise!

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Giving us new reasons to repeat old content does not make it new content.

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

was about to write that. only dungeons are sorta dismissed but i’ll honest..i’m fine with that..they are sorta tied to the personal story, are a good gold maker and imho, shouldn’t get any more attention for now…fractals/raids are the future

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I understand that some people here in this community are really jaded and feel disenfranchised. I don’t really think though that being cynical is that constructive. It’s not the raid teams fault about what happened with Dungeons or Fractals.

(Or is it… Maybe there’s some conspiracy here…)

It just makes me a bit sad to see new developers popping up enthusiastically around here and seeing them shot down by what they might perceive as their target audience. I’m not saying to be hyped, or getting your hopes up. Just remember though that these are people though that (I think) might give you the best shot at the content you want.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

I don’t even need new content, I’d be perfectly happy if they at least fixed major bugs in the first dungeon in the game new players ever encounter. Traps can’t be disabled with chains. Waypoints don’t activate after the appropriate event is triggered. Burrows keep spawning gravelings minutes after they’ve been destroyed. And when my friends ask “why doesn’t Anet simply fix these things?”, all I can give them is just “I wish I knew”…
For me it doesn’t matter. But these things turn new players off. And I feel really ashamed when I bring them into the game stating how wonderful it is (because I still frankly believe that) and then I am forced to admit how Anet doesn’t give a kitten about instanced PvE – the most interesting part of the game.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I understand that some people here in this community are really jaded and feel disenfranchised. I don’t really think though that being cynical is that constructive. It’s not the raid teams fault about what happened with Dungeons or Fractals.

(Or is it… Maybe there’s some conspiracy here…)

It just makes me a bit sad to see new developers popping up enthusiastically around here and seeing them shot down by what they might perceive as their target audience. I’m not saying to be hyped, or getting your hopes up. Just remember though that these are people though that (I think) might give you the best shot at the content you want.

I don’t care about their feelings.

They clearly haven’t cared about mine when for THREE YEARS my necromancer and ranger have been unwanted in PvE, and my mesmer is little more than a portal bot with miserable damage output.

Pets/illusions/minions/spirit weapons/ranger spirits are still annihilated by aoe/cleave in PvE and WvW with no fix in the horizon.

And even in this patch, what little they give to mesmer/necro/ranger in PvE, as usual they take away for PvP reasons.

It took three years to get a precursor scavenger hunt (which they had advertised six months into the game’s release) walled behind a paywall of an expansion.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It doesn’t help that he’s hyping up fractal and guild mission “revamps” when by all indications, it’s more like “reorganization.”

Also, rereading his post… he said the raid will come out after HoT launches? I was pretty sure they originally said it would come at release. And what’s coming out shortly after release isn’t even the entire raid, but only a few wings? Was something announced recently that I missed?

Posted by: AdaephonDelat.3890

AdaephonDelat.3890

It doesn’t help that he’s hyping up fractal and guild mission “revamps” when by all indications, it’s more like “reorganization.”

Also, rereading his post… he said the raid will come out after HoT launches? I was pretty sure they originally said it would come at release. And what’s coming out shortly after release isn’t even the entire raid, but only a few wings? Was something announced recently that I missed?

The live stream that announced raids said the first wing would be out a week or so after release and the other wings would be released after that.

[BAD] a casual PvE guild on Aurora Glade.
http://bad-eu.guildlaunch.com
The Family Deuce. Asuran Adventure Specialists.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Nope. It was announced in a couple of streams ago that raids will come out after launch so that people don’t have to rush through the new content (new class, specialization, mastery, etc.) to get ready for raids. It is very understandable since not everyone are people with no life.

@Cameron: it’s really great to see your presence in this forum. Welcome!

@All: people seem to only remembers stuff by the categories they were tied to. What if, hey, hear me out. What if we counted the number of challenging content by encounters that are not traditionally named as dungeons-fractals-raids before deciding that the game developers have been slacking in their delivery? Like,

- The Gauntlets
- Two full instanced paths which are not named dungeons: Molten Facility and Aetherblade Retreat
- Halloween: Ascent to Madness
- The defense against Aetherblade after Bazaar of the Four Winds
- SAB
- Living story with Challenge Motes

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

What bothers me is: I like playing in a team, thats why I’m playing a MMO. Open world “zergplay” is like playing solo. Other players could be bots or npcs and it would make no difference to my gaming experience. There is nearly no interaction.
Open world stuff is ok, I like farming some AP, but I prefer to play in a team. Teams only matter in dungeons and fractals. For a three year old game 8 dungeons + 1 (fractals) is not much. You can do all of them in one weekend. It is an “ok” amount for “challenging content” but not for teamcontent trying to satisfy casual, core and hardcore players.

Anet pushed all those kinds of teamplayers into a small amount of dungeons. So dungeons are too hard for very casual gamers – and not challenging enough for others. There should have been a bigger variety of teamcontent since the beginning. Instead we only got fractals in three years and thats it. There was a lack of content at release. And it didn’t got better in the past three years.

Now everyone will focus on raids. Raids can’t satisfy all those different type of players.
They might be too challenging for some players, too easy for others, who knows. But what else do you want to play with your friends/guild? Stuff which can be done solo?
Well…I can also take a screenshot of a place in skyrim and ask guildies to find it….

I think there should also be a variety of different instanced content. Some for players looking for a challenge, some for casuals, etc. More variety keeps content exciting over a longer period of time. It’s like listening to the same song again and again. If there’s a mixture of songs (radio) you can listen to the same song more often without getting annoyed. That’s why I’d like to see more dungeon like stuff. Simple content like AC/COF1 and some more challenging stuff.
I’m a bit afraid of raids becoming too difficult/easy. Or of raids becoming boring very fast, because its the only new teamcontent.

The live stream that announced raids said the first wing would be out a week or so after release and the other wings would be released after that.

https://youtu.be/tM8cgQ42bMQ?t=958
—>before christmas.

(edited by Jockum.1385)

Posted by: AdaephonDelat.3890

AdaephonDelat.3890

—>before christmas.

I can’t get youtube at work what ’s the video about? (edited to make more sense)

[BAD] a casual PvE guild on Aurora Glade.
http://bad-eu.guildlaunch.com
The Family Deuce. Asuran Adventure Specialists.

(edited by AdaephonDelat.3890)

Rising Dusk.2408

…riiiiiiiiiight. Dunno about you, but I’m not holding my breath on that one.

Gah. They’ve dug themselves into such a deep hole. Everyone who hasn’t just stopped playing is bitter af. Glad to see another wave of token redposts…On the chance that this isn’t just a temporary, hollow gesture like the last few times we’ve seen this happen, it might just help them get out of that pit.

As long as we get appropriate, instanced PvE content I don’t really mind what it is. We’re getting raids, so I’m super happy. If in ten months from HoT release there’s no new content at that point, then I’ll start getting antsy. For now, the only thing on my mind is the new stuff we’re for sure getting with HoT. Hopefully we get new fractals eventually, and at a regular enough pace that we’ll always have something relatively new to play. That’s pretty much my only hope.

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

Messed up the timer anyway, have to try to fix it.

It says: “are they all [raid wings] gonna be available in 2015? […]”
“No.[…] The first wing you will get some time after HoT ships. We haven’t announced it yet, but definitely long before the holidays. And the second two wings will be available early next year.”