Where are the new fractals?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

Anet killed dungeons and admited to us they don’t want us playing them anymore. Fine, but when are we getting the new fractal maps, or are we going to play the same ones we did the last 2-3 years?

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

edit: nah i got it wrong.
yeah the same ones. Raids is the future… until they become obsolete too.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It seems they think revamping the structure of fractals (raise level cap, instability tweaks, etc.) from time to time is a good substitute for creating new ones.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I’d rather play new fractals and explore new areas and lore+stories, or relive past gw1 events than do cliffside over and over with more cancerous instabilities every kittening time.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’d rather play new fractals and explore new areas and lore+stories, or relive past gw1 events than do cliffside over and over with more cancerous instabilities every kittening time.

Mhm, and for the love of god make Glint’s Lair a fractal. Most beautiful zone ever made and it’s a short living story addition!?!?!? talk about wasted resources.

Eight Samurai.6840

Mhm, and for the love of god make Glint’s Lair a fractal. Most beautiful zone ever made and it’s a short living story addition!?!?!? talk about wasted resources.

I loved it in gw1 but i sorta don’t like it in gw2… I don’t know why! But it would work with the Herald elite spec haha.

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

Just Glint? And the Marionette? And SAB? If you didn’t like it, don’t play it. But tell me about waste of resources for a F2P game.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Just Glint? And the Marionette? And SAB? If you didn’t like it, don’t play it. But tell me about waste of resources for a F2P game.

Let’s be real here.

It’s Buy to Play, with an extended trial.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

New fractals?

Dungeons are dead. Fractals are the new dungeons. And raids are the new fractals.

Remember how well the dungeon revamp went? Expect the same with their new focus on fractals.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

It does bug me that, most likely, there wont be any new fractals coming on the 23rd (really wish they would confirm, though). I like what I’ve seen of the new system, but what most want is new content (same with guild missions, imo).

There are a TON of things they could bring back from the past three years in the form of a fractal:

From Season 1:
- Breachmaker fight
- Invasion of LA
- Toxic hybrid mini-instance from tower of nightmares
- Canach’s Lair mini instance
- Ancient Karka (would make an amazing fractal, imo)
- Candidate Trials mini instance
- Scarlett’s Playhouse mini instance
- Marionette
- Twilight Arbor F/U

From Season 2:
- Pretty much every story instance that involved combat

Much of this could be used (from a fight design perspective – know nothing about the coding) as it was originally designed within a fractal. For example, I would love to chase the ancient Karka across a version of Southsun again inside a fractal – or attack the breachmaker again.

The idea of improving the features and underlying system of fractals is noble and something I look forward to, but it has been a really long time since we saw a new map. I think many of us just expected a few with the expansion.

Eight Samurai.6840

I would looove to replay the Scarlet hologram fight right before you kill her as a fractal level. Still IMO the best living story event so far.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

They are lost in the mists?

When will we get new FOTM?
The answer my friends is 42!

Prob 42 years away;)

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

There will be new fractals, but the infrastructural changes had to be done first. I do agree that it sucks that we got Fractured and then a huge revamp again, but I think they actually have a good bead on what they’re doing now. I’m hopeful.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

On a table somewhere…

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Bitoku Kishi.8346

Bitoku Kishi.8346

Mad King fight as a boss fractal please.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

There will be new fractals, but the infrastructural changes had to be done first. I do agree that it sucks that we got Fractured and then a huge revamp again, but I think they actually have a good bead on what they’re doing now. I’m hopeful.

I will just respectfully disagree to avoid a 2 week ban. :P

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

They’re comming with leaderboards !

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

They’re comming with leaderboards !

:(
“Look, I’m first on the leaderboard because I played 36hrs straight and got to 100 faster than anyone else! I’m so kewl!”
/dry heaves

Rising Dusk.2408

I will just respectfully disagree to avoid a 2 week ban. :P

Unfortunately, with Fractals they charged forward trying to get stuff out for it without a solid feel for what people wanted, what’s the best way forward, how best to handle difficulty, how to reduce the RNG, and so forth. I realize the new system may seem crazy and may require rebalancing of what maps are what instabilities in the future when they add new fractals, but I treat that more like seasons if they have to go that route. We’ll see.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Blaeys.3102

I like the new system they have outlined, but the unfortunate fact remains that we will have nothing substantially new (content-wise) to do in fractals after the 23rd.

Im also concerned that the new system may prove an impediment when it comes time to add new fractals.

What happens when they have more than 20 fractals? Does that mean some fractals will only be doable within the range of agony-inducing levels (im personally fine with that, but some may find it limiting).

If there are achievements associated with the 100 levels we are getting, what happens when they need to swap one of those levels with a new island? Do the achievements associated with the old just go away?

I realize these are easy issues to resolve, but they illustrate that the system they are introducing may potentially make it harder to add new fractal islands, in contrast to every other part of HOT, which seem to be designed to give the devs maximum flexibility.

I think not introducing new fractals with HOT is a developmental mistake.

Rising Dusk.2408

Those are all concerns they are aware of, and while they haven’t told me how they plan to address them, I do know that eventually we will get new fractals. They just had to spend a lot of time focusing on removing the RNG element from Fractals and handling other details. I imagine new fractals will get interspersed into the old ones, and old achievements will just change or be moved to historical, or maybe they’ll treat it as “seasons” of fractals, which would also be cool.

I want to make it clear that I’m not justifying their choice to not include new fractals in HoT, just describing why it ended up this way. They really do want to provide more content for fractal-goers, though, and they’ll come in time.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Oh I was hoping for a last minut surprise … Silly me.
Tbh I dont have much interest into doing the same fractals I have been doing last months. I am seriously considering not to buy HoT, at least til we have new instanced content.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

There r so many thing they can add to factal for new levels. They could just add gw1 missions to them if they want an easy way out. Last prophecies mission would be a perfect fit for a fractal. Shiro and abandon would be nice boss fractals.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: White Hunter.3416

White Hunter.3416

We have no info about new fractals.
Let’s just wait a week:)

Posted by: Elomite.2396

Elomite.2396

Can you imagine if they brought back the marionette as a 5 man instance, It would actually require all 5 people in your instance to not be complete kittenters. only a dream tho

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Serious question: does anybody think they spent however much time figuring out that Level X = Fractal Y + Instability Z, but will now quickly add new Fractals within the existing levels, removing some of the Level X = Y + Z sets they just created?

My guess is that we don’t get new Fractals for awhile, at least a year and possibly not until the next expansion. I very much hope I’m wrong, but I just don’t see them changing it up in the next 6-9 months.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Blaeys.3102

We have no info about new fractals.
Let’s just wait a week:)

I think it’s safe to say that they have announced everything – at least from a feature POV – that will be in the expansion next Friday, so you shouldn’t get your hopes up about new fractal maps.

We do need new fractal islands though, and hopefully they are already being worked on (along with new guild missions, which we also aren’t getting next Friday).

Im very happy with what we are getting in the expansion and will be playing for an obscene number of hours the weeks following the 23rd, but there are some game modes that haven’t seen new content for a REALLY REALLY long time, and that is truly a shame.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)