Where's the fun...

Where's the fun...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: spOOky.8653

spOOky.8653

Waiting hours for a group that wants to do the exact FotM lvl that you so desperately needs to progress is no fun. Ppl are scattered over more than 40 different dungeon lvls, and the ones from higher lvls has no progression benefit for doing lower lvls. More so you have to do every single lvl…and if you are unlucky and someone leaves/dc’s before all 3 instances are done you can’t just invite a replacement. I love doing dungeons, but using so much time to gather a group, and then not beeing able to finish because of leavers/dc’s is too much.

Without a matchup system you will have to spend almost all your time trying to find a few other players. Yes, you can use the gw2lfg.com site, but too much time is still going to waste.

This FotM dungeon system is killing the fun for me in this game. Without the fun I see no reason to play the game…

If someone has found a working solution other than gw2lfg.com please let me know. Arenanet please…enough said… -_-

Where's the fun...

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

gw2lfg.com works perfectly
Also, it would help if you try to find a group during more busy hours rather than when all the yanks are asleep.
Also, start your own team (I hope you’re doing that already) don’t wait for others to do it for you.
I never had any problem finding/making a group for any of my levels. Maybe I just try harder?
Anyway.. what to do now: one person says it’s impossible to find a group and other person says it’s easy :o I would like to see more opinions on this one.
Devs be more communicative, give us your opinions, don’t be like boring devs from other MMO games!

Where's the fun...

Posted by: tristen.7684

tristen.7684

if you have an android phone there’s an app for gw2lfg.com, use it

Where's the fun...

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

It would be nice if they allowed some measure of flexibility so that you could do a fractal level say 5 levels higher than what you’ve actually achieved… and once completed you basically still get a +1 lvl progression. This is a very basic solution to help loosen the hard gate.

My ultimate suggestion would be some kind of xp tracking bar in the hero tab. Max difficulty level setting is something you achieve in order to initiate a fractal dungeon (almost like how you only need one person to have done story mode to initiate the explore mode dungeon). You get “xp” for completing a fractal level; the amount scales as the difficulty increases. If you’re a player doing the max level fractal possible for your toon, completion is an automatic “level up”. Those who are a few levels behind get a level up and probably some spillover xp. Those who are a few levels past the level setting still get some credit towards progression.

The idea is that alts and fresh 80s can still participate without having the hard gate of 1 to 2, 2 to 3, etc…. They can feasibly go from like 1 to 5, 5 to 8, 8 to 10…. etc. (let’s say they started out running fractal level 10 or something). Higher level players have some incentive to help lower level players.

Where's the fun...

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Also, it would help if you try to find a group during more busy hours rather than when all the yanks are asleep.
Also, start your own team (I hope you’re doing that already) don’t wait for others to do it for you.
I never had any problem finding/making a group for any of my levels. Maybe I just try harder?
Anyway.. what to do now: one person says it’s impossible to find a group and other person says it’s easy :o I would like to see more opinions on this one.
Devs be more communicative, give us your opinions, don’t be like boring devs from other MMO games!

Going to have to agree with this.

If you look at gw2lfg, even in off-hours you shouldn’t look past the 20 minute post mark. A lot of people just put their names up and go into game and just sit there being like NOBODY JOINS ME.

It’s not instantaneous unless YOU make it instant. How do you do that? Look for possible levels you want to do. If you want to progress, look for that specific level. There will most likely be one in your:
Guild.
Lion’s Arch (Overflow or not).
Gw2lfg.

Then, whisper and either type /join name or /invite name.

Be proactive and you won’t worry about being left behind.

Where's the fun...

Posted by: spOOky.8653

spOOky.8653

Beeing albe to progress only doing peak hours isn’t optimal imo. Was looking actively with gw2lfg.com for more than an hour around 15:00 CEST. After an hour of not having fun I gave up..so maybe you just do try harder I don’t know. But for me that was enough.

I like the suggestion above about beeing able to progress other ways than doing just the exact lvl you have reached.

Where's the fun...

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Beeing albe to progress only doing peak hours isn’t optimal imo. Was looking actively with gw2lfg.com for more than an hour around 15:00 CEST. After an hour of not having fun I gave up..so maybe you just do try harder I don’t know. But for me that was enough.

I like the suggestion above about beeing able to progress other ways than doing just the exact lvl you have reached.

I’ve easily found groups at 15:00 CEST. The times I have the most trouble with are at around 10:00 CEST depending on who is up in the NA servers.